StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:40 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 533, Jacket wrote:
In post 527, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 523, Save The Dragons wrote:why does scum do what i've done so far
Alright enough of this. It was mostly getting the ball rolling very very early with a meta read, but you've done this (trying to just stay out of everyone's radar) in two of the other games I've played with you. I think it's well within the possibility here still that you would still try to do that as scum in this game and just go under people's radar until later.

Links to the two games here as well.

viewtopic.php?t=86874&f=11&st=0&sk=t&sd ... er_sort=Go
viewtopic.php?t=87863&f=23&st=0&sk=t&sd ... er_sort=Go
Do you think he's playing similarly to those games? It feels like from a quick look at both of those he was a lot quicker to get the ball rolling/provide content as scum than he has been here.

You also only linked scum games. Have you compared it to his town game at all? Do you think there's a difference?

Also, is STD literally the only person you're going to have a read on this game day?
Yes, he is playing similarly when reading those all over. As for comparing it to his town game I don’t think I have compared them to his town games so I’m going to come back to these questions.

As for reads, no but they’re not strong reads, mostly small pings that I’ve pointed out in other posts.
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:45 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 549, RH9 wrote:
In post 547, RH9 wrote:
In post 545, RH9 wrote:FYI, the way that I act as a spectator is the way that I act as Mason, groupscum, or IC because that would be when I feel more confident and thus I focus more on content than other things. I can start doing that if you find that playstyle better.
I have never been a Mason or IC, FYI.
Avoiding confusion, I have off-site scumgames which you can ask cows about if cows knows or remembers.
I just went through your iso..

Do you realize about half of your posts reference other games?

I really think you’re doing it because you are having problems drumming up content.

Very happy with my vote. Would support a SM wagon as well.
"Would you like to know more?"

I am like a renaissance artist. People appreciate me more after I am dead

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

People always fear what they don't understand
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:12 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

For reference on his town game. This is also the most recent STD town game as well.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=88151

Looking through this game, there’s definitely a difference how he’s playing there vs playing here. There they are far more active day 1 with a conversation about policy but I see far more that to me reads like they are actually trying to contribute towards the game. Here and those other two games are far more in the background.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:02 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 546, Nathann wrote:Okay, I decided to actually read The Big Post.

The first thing I want to respond to is your observation of my . There is meta in play, kind of. Like individual meta changes, so does the general meta of the site as a whole. Playing mafia at whatever was Scorpious's time here was different than it is today. So it can be awkward for old players returning and being thrown into a game where a lot of their old ways simply aren't done like that anymore. That is what I meant, because it wouldn't be the first time I was incorrectly reading an old player who rolled town because they were acting "weird" when they were playing the way they used to. But of course, nothing is stopping older players from rolling scum, which is why I said I could be wrong.

While I was reading your analysis of Cupcake Butterfly, I was reminded just how many things he's gotten wrong this game - asking about my thought process on Save The Dragons at the time I didn't have one, missing the fact Greeting said they're a newbie, mixing up who ADSE is talking about... If this were me, this would be scum!indicative for me, since I don't read carefully when I'm scum, and I'm more likely to make factual errors like that. Now, I
know
Cupcake Butterfly is not me, and his playstyle might be completely different than my own, but I can't help but notice.

I strongly dislike the accusation that Jacket is using RCEnigma's "mod confirmed status" to be pushing his own ideas, considering you linked with that. Because that's very much not what's happened there, he's mentioning disliking RH9's reaction to something RCEnigma said. Those are... wildly different. This is the only point in your readslist that genuinely made me worried, but considering it's the only one... I guess I can let it go for now.

I like the point with regards to RH9 - some of his contributions in spectator threads have been much more elaborate and analytical, contrasted here where he's had... 2 or 3 reads, maybe? And I don't buy in what way is the prod timer supposed to be relevant to that
at all
, this is a pretty short game, and it's been moving very slowly.

These are the only things I found I have something interesting to comment on; everything else feels okay. Let me know if you have any specific questions.
Thank you for your feedback. If something comes to my mind, I'll ask.

When it comes to
Jacket
, the misinterpretation on my part might have come from the fact that I wrote
Cupcake Butterfly
's entry first and
Jacket
's second. That is where I clearly noticed
Cupcake Butterfly
relying on
RCEnigma
's thoughts as if he were an oracle. That made me really wary of any other mention which was alike and I might have simply read
Jacket
wrong. Nonetheless, when it comes to
Cupcake Butterfly
, I still believe that this what he meant in . The post leaves little to interpret and I stand by what I said with regard to that slot. Of course,
RCEnigma
's contribution to the game should be heard and valued, but in my eyes not more than that of another player, who might be town confirmed in the future upon death.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:12 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 490, Save The Dragons wrote:my activity level is almost never AI
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:19 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 548, RH9 wrote:OK. I will start acting like I do as a spectator when I get back from school.
Before you read this, I want to point out that I dislike being lectured myself, but I still think I should point a few things out. Do with this what you wish.

My primary suggestion is that, if you're town, start working towards achieving your winning goal. It doesn't seem to me like you're focused on the game very much. The few posts you've made with good observations are, in my eyes, trumped by posts like this:
In post 116, RH9 wrote:
In post 112, RCEnigma wrote:rh9 and by extension adse are IC approved votes.
Thank you. You are officially the best scumhunter in the world, surpassing Cabd.
(Why did nobody realise how good I am before? I once even defeated the whole of Town, on another site, as SK. I survived to F3 and eliminated the last Town member.)
Speaking about other games in: , , , , , , , , , , .
Talking strictly about meta in: , , , .
Buddying up to other players in: , , .

It is not forbidden to speak about other games, provided they are finished, and meta can sometimes be helpful. But whatever points you were trying to make are completely lost on me. Buddying to other players so openly can be interpreted differently, but to me this is odd to say the least. In my personal experience, D1 is not the correct time to look for allies, especially with so many null reads. This could be seen as scumplay pocketing others by flattery. This is my personal opinion, and views may differ. My prevailing feeling is that your general actions are more distracting than helpful.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:33 pm

Post by Greeting »

Now, a song from my childhood to lighten the mood. Goodnight!

Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:04 pm

Post by Cook »

VC
A Dreary Saturday Evening (5) [E-2]: Nathann, Cupcake Butterfly, RCEnigma, RH9, Greeting

Scorpious (4): Galron, Save The Dragons, Not_Mafia, Three
Save The Dragons (1): StrangeMatter
RH9 (1): Scorpious, A Dreary Saturday Evening
StrangeMatter (1): Jacket

With 13 alive it takes 7 to reach a majority.

There are (expired on 2021-12-17 02:29:03) left before deadline.
Last edited by Cook on Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Your friendly neighborhood chef and baker. LONG LIVE THE CHEFHAT REBELLION!
"If Mafia game not filling, you have not enough hostages" — Enchant //
"ya true if you don't play mafia you are probably winning" – Alisae

Inventor of 3d20 //
Successful Rebellion Leader//
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:03 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 555, Greeting wrote:
In post 548, RH9 wrote:OK. I will start acting like I do as a spectator when I get back from school.
Before you read this, I want to point out that I dislike being lectured myself, but I still think I should point a few things out. Do with this what you wish.

My primary suggestion is that, if you're town, start working towards achieving your winning goal. It doesn't seem to me like you're focused on the game very much. The few posts you've made with good observations are, in my eyes, trumped by posts like this:
In post 116, RH9 wrote:
In post 112, RCEnigma wrote:rh9 and by extension adse are IC approved votes.
Thank you. You are officially the best scumhunter in the world, surpassing Cabd.
(Why did nobody realise how good I am before? I once even defeated the whole of Town, on another site, as SK. I survived to F3 and eliminated the last Town member.)
Speaking about other games in: , , , , , , , , , , .
Talking strictly about meta in: , , , .
Buddying up to other players in: , , .

It is not forbidden to speak about other games, provided they are finished, and meta can sometimes be helpful. But whatever points you were trying to make are completely lost on me. Buddying to other players so openly can be interpreted differently, but to me this is odd to say the least. In my personal experience, D1 is not the correct time to look for allies, especially with so many null reads. This could be seen as scumplay pocketing others by flattery. This is my personal opinion, and views may differ. My prevailing feeling is that your general actions are more distracting than helpful.
I understand. I never realised how distracting I was. Thank you.
GTKAS: 2022, 2024

v/la every weekend

indefinite hiatus from mafia solo
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:12 pm

Post by RH9 »

StrangeMatter, you mentioned only one towngame for STD? Have you seen his other towngames? I don't think that using only one towngame and two scumgames for comparison is fair to STD.

v/la every weekend

RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:16 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 559, RH9 wrote:StrangeMatter, you mentioned only one towngame for STD? Have you seen his other towngames? I don't think that using only one towngame and two scumgames for comparison is fair to STD.
Have you considered that STD can change and that his towngame is no longer like it was before.
I think that you might be confbiased. I have seen confbiases and experienced confbias. It has hardly ended well except when the confbias is dropped.

v/la every weekend

Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:16 am

Post by Jacket »

Kind of dumb, but I actually townread Greeting demanding engagement with his read list more than the list itself. I mean, A for effort regardless, but the fact that he's not content to just throw that list out and bask in approval for it. Granted, it might have been easier to get conversation if it were done a little sooner, but whatever.

@Greeting:

FWIW, someone reading into their predecessor before replacing in like Three did isn't all that uncommon. Of course, talking about it ingame isn't really alignment indicative.

Your read of CB feels like it should be a scumlean, you keep listing a bunch of stuff that comes across negative but then cap it off by linking two posts and saying "they come from a townie point of view". Do those two posts outweigh the other stuff that much? What is it you actually like about them?

I should probably try to actually explain my read on Scorpious in another post, I haven't really agreed with the reasons people had for suspecting him.

Eh. I feel like this is kind of a lame response, I read most of the stuff and just want to go "yeah, fine". I could nitpick the RH9 read but it's not worth elaborating on.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:19 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 560, RH9 wrote:
In post 559, RH9 wrote:StrangeMatter, you mentioned only one towngame for STD? Have you seen his other towngames? I don't think that using only one towngame and two scumgames for comparison is fair to STD.
Have you considered that STD can change and that his towngame is no longer like it was before.
I think that you might be confbiased. I have seen confbiases and experienced confbias. It has hardly ended well except when the confbias is dropped.
I'm not really confirmation biased just focused on STD right now. I've had games where after a few couple of games (though this is off-site) I pretty much understand what their scum gameplay is and what they prefer to do as scum from what I know of them. So while I normally don't normally put a lot into meta, this is one of those times I (personally think) have a good track record of actually getting right and something I go to on whenever I can with people I actually know.

As for not being fair, I'm fine with going through again. And that last question I'm not even sure what you're trying to get at. Yes, people can change (in fact this definitely happened to me at one point) but it lines up with what I currently understand about STD's scum gameplay.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:48 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 561, Jacket wrote:
@Greeting:

FWIW, someone reading into their predecessor before replacing in like Three did isn't all that uncommon. Of course, talking about it ingame isn't really alignment indicative.

Your read of CB feels like it should be a scumlean, you keep listing a bunch of stuff that comes across negative but then cap it off by linking two posts and saying "they come from a townie point of view". Do those two posts outweigh the other stuff that much? What is it you actually like about them?

I should probably try to actually explain my read on Scorpious in another post, I haven't really agreed with the reasons people had for suspecting him.

Eh. I feel like this is kind of a lame response, I read most of the stuff and just want to go "yeah, fine". I could nitpick the RH9 read but it's not worth elaborating on.
Thanks for reading it.

Now, in regard to
Cupcake Butterfly
, my feelings on him are way too mixed to put him in as a scumlean. On one hand, his play has logic flaws (the one with me and the one with
RCEnigma
- although I can see room for debate on this), on the other he also does make good points and good contributions to the game. Neither outweigh the other really. It's not like the situation with
RH9
, where he also makes a few good points, but the vast majority of his content is quite irrelevant.

I'd honestly rather focus on other players. My reads are for this moment only. My townreads tend to be more static, but all neutral reads could go either way.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:12 am

i think ADSE is town
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:13 am

SM is probably town for their singular push
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:14 am

scorpius has yet to convince me he's town
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:22 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 472, Something_Smart wrote: There are (expired on 2021-12-17 02:29:03) left before deadline.
@
Galron
, @
Three
, @
RCEnigma
, @
Not_Mafia
, @
Cupcake Butterfly
, @
ADSE
, @
Scorpious
, @
StrangeMatter

Aka all that haven’t been posting in the last 22 hours except
Nathann
and including
StrangeMatter
whose thoughts on this Day is something I’d like hear as I feel like what they said isn’t enough. Day is nearing towards the end. It’s time for you to post your final reads for D1.

In Newbie Games there has been a push for an elim every Day Phase. I think that eliminating someone today in a larger game still has more advantages than disadvantages, so please elaborate on: wagons currently established, especially
ADSE
(who’s at E-2 I believe), but also others.
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:34 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 567, Greeting wrote:
In post 472, Something_Smart wrote: There are (expired on 2021-12-17 02:29:03) left before deadline.
@
Galron
, @
Three
, @
RCEnigma
, @
Not_Mafia
, @
Cupcake Butterfly
, @
ADSE
, @
Scorpious
, @
StrangeMatter

Aka all that haven’t been posting in the last 22 hours except
Nathann
and including
StrangeMatter
whose thoughts on this Day is something I’d like hear as I feel like what they said isn’t enough. Day is nearing towards the end. It’s time for you to post your final reads for D1.

In Newbie Games there has been a push for an elim every Day Phase. I think that eliminating someone today in a larger game still has more advantages than disadvantages, so please elaborate on: wagons currently established, especially
ADSE
(who’s at E-2 I believe), but also others.
I think general mafia theory states that no lim helps scum. So I agree.

Can we get a VC?

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:43 am

Post by RH9 »

In post 562, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 560, RH9 wrote:
I'm not really confirmation biased just focused on STD right now. I've had games where after a few couple of games (though this is off-site) I pretty much understand what their scum gameplay is and what they prefer to do as scum from what I know of them. So while I normally don't normally put a lot into meta, this is one of those times I (personally think) have a good track record of actually getting right and something I go to on whenever I can with people I actually know.

As for not being fair, I'm fine with going through again. And that last question I'm not even sure what you're trying to get at. Yes, people can change (in fact this definitely happened to me at one point) but it lines up with what I currently understand about STD's scum gameplay.
I understand.

v/la every weekend

Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:59 am

Post by Galron »

Pretty ballsy
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:01 am

Post by Galron »

Holy shit. That's Brittney Spears. What happened to her.
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:12 am

Post by Scorpious »

My top 2 right now are RH9 and SM.. still leany on Nathann . Not willing to vote him beyond those two this day.

RH9 is just so bent on using other games, and while the content in that game comes at snails pace. I still think there is enough to not have to rely so heavily on meta.

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:13 am

Post by Scorpious »

Hate ebwoping for one word but it’s an important word. *this game

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:22 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 571, Galron wrote:Holy shit. That's Brittney Spears. What happened to her.
The picture is known as a meme called Neyde. It's actually a pretty old one, comes from the period around her infamous nervous breakdown in the late 2000s.

Britney Spears is in a much better place now and is finally free from an abusive conservatorship which was steered by her greedy asshole of a father. The Britney Army (her fanbase group) have been fighting for it for years.

I'm not a fan of her, but I do listen to her music too. I love popculture in general. And I'm honestly happy for her and wish her all the best. Maybe we'll also get some music from her after an almost 6-year hiatus since she's been hinting at that. So glad that she didn't ultimately go on a bad path, like many big artists before her did.

Return to “Completed Open Games”