Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:23 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 572, Scorpious wrote:My top 2 right now are RH9 and SM.. still leany on Nathann . Not willing to vote him beyond those two this day.

RH9 is just so bent on using other games, and while the content in that game comes at snails pace. I still think there is enough to not have to rely so heavily on meta.
What do you think of
ADSE
, who is the leading wagon right now?
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:26 am

Post by Scorpious »

I think their play is apathetic. I feel they are just lazy town.

It’s too easy..
"Would you like to know more?"

I am like a renaissance artist. People appreciate me more after I am dead

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

People always fear what they don't understand
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:39 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 576, Scorpious wrote:I think their play is apathetic. I feel they are just lazy town.

It’s too easy..
Very lazy and apathetic town, if so. Accusing others of lazy votes on top of that ().

Does anyone know who their main is? They've said before that this is an alt account ().
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:45 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 577, Greeting wrote:
In post 576, Scorpious wrote:I think their play is apathetic. I feel they are just lazy town.

It’s too easy..
Very lazy and apathetic town, if so. Accusing others of lazy votes on top of that ().

Does anyone know who their main is? They've said before that this is an alt account ().
Fwiw, I agree that was a lazy vote. But I think that’s a vote from
Scum anyway.

Would love to see some real pressure on RH9 and see how they respond using elements from THIS game.

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:51 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 578, Scorpious wrote:
In post 577, Greeting wrote:

It’s too easy..

Fwiw, I agree that was a lazy vote. But I think that’s a vote from
Scum anyway.

Would love to see some real pressure on RH9 and see how they respond using elements from THIS game.
I have a few reservations regarding an
RH9
elim, but I'm still open to it.

But I think I'll wait until morning (which will be in about 8 hours for me) for other players to weigh in. I need to check the vote count too.
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:55 am

Post by Scorpious »

Fair.

Another thing I find weird about RH9 is that they have not once a acknowledged a vote on them.

Almost as if not wanting to fall into that “defensive mode”, but almost too oblivious. Like it’s on purpose.

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

A Dreary Saturday Evening
Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:33 pm

Post by A Dreary Saturday Evening »

The entire purpose of this alt was to post as little as possible in the main thread while doing my solving in my notes PT.
Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:34 pm

VOTE: Scorpious
Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:39 pm

In post 534, Scorpious wrote:
In post 34, A Dreary Saturday Evening wrote:VOTE: Cupcake Butterfly
For past alt crimes.

I also strongly like RH9’s tone.
In post 294, A Dreary Saturday Evening wrote:
In post 177, Galron wrote:
In post 171, A Dreary Saturday Evening wrote:I’m leaning town on Scorpius.
Can you elaborate on that because I wasn't then I was then I wasn't and now I think I am. I want to hear someone else's analysis to help me think that through.
Some of his lines are too abrasive for scum.
In post 520, A Dreary Saturday Evening wrote:
In post 506, RH9 wrote:
In post 504, RH9 wrote:
In post 503, A Dreary Saturday Evening wrote:
In post 502, RH9 wrote:Something about STD feels odd. Only ADSE has contributed less. Maybe STD is busy so my only scumlean is ADSE.
VOTE: A Dreary Saturday Evening
Lazy vote.
Explain.
Anyways, you haven't done much solving, admitted to lurking and you expect me not to scumlean you. I am not asking for anything. Even an explanation for your periods of inactivity like others (STD and Nathann) have done is fine. If you can post something which can flip my read, then I might consider unvoting. However, I currently see no reason to do that.
I've been solving, but I haven't been posting my thoughts in the thread.
VOTE: RH9
I can’t get third grade math and “show your work” out of my head reading this.

Do you feel this helps town? In your opinion, If a player just tells you their thoughts without the reasoning behind them are you the least bit quizzical on how they got there? Or do you just accept it at face value?
It doesn't help town.
Of course I am curious.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:48 pm

Post by Galron »

In post 581, A Dreary Saturday Evening wrote:The entire purpose of this alt was to post as little as possible in the main thread while doing my solving in my notes PT.
In post 583, A Dreary Saturday Evening wrote:It doesn't help town.
Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:15 pm

In post 567, Greeting wrote:
In post 472, Something_Smart wrote: There are (expired on 2021-12-17 02:29:03) left before deadline.
@
Galron
, @
Three
, @
RCEnigma
, @
Not_Mafia
, @
Cupcake Butterfly
, @
ADSE
, @
Scorpious
, @
StrangeMatter

Aka all that haven’t been posting in the last 22 hours except
Nathann
and including
StrangeMatter
whose thoughts on this Day is something I’d like hear as I feel like what they said isn’t enough. Day is nearing towards the end. It’s time for you to post your final reads for D1.

In Newbie Games there has been a push for an elim every Day Phase. I think that eliminating someone today in a larger game still has more advantages than disadvantages, so please elaborate on: wagons currently established, especially
ADSE
(who’s at E-2 I believe), but also others.
Alright.

Content time, because I'm going to be limmed.

----
Jacket
comes across as very genuine. This is a viberead. is also towny. I don't think scum would necessarily think to post that, and this shows that Jacket has been
genuinely solving
. Jacket is my highest townread.
----
Scorpious
I think is scum. The earlier posts from his ISO pinged me as town, specifically his tone. I'm starting to think this might be a personality thing. His is scummy. He doesn't explain why he thinks that I am lazy town, as opposed to lazy scum. This may be grasping at straws (at least the TMI part) but I would like to hear his explanation. and are also very scummy. The shade on Jacket is for completely dumb reasons. I don't think Scorp genuinely believed that Jacket not reading Salsa's posts was scum indicative. I want to believe his explanation in , but I'm not sure.
----
Let's move on to
Greeting
. is towny. It seems fairly genuine and innocent, in a sense. I don't see why scum Greeting would say that, scum would just let the situation be. Like Jacket, it also didn't seem like it was done in a way to 'farm' towncred. I dislike. It doesn't seem like Greeting is commenting on RH9 in good faith and is scum fueling the flames of an argument.

More reads likely coming ~tomorrow.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:21 pm

Post by Nathann »

Not sure how much I like the fact ADSE has broken the idea of their alt once they're threatened with a yeet. Surely they could've realized even before the game started that they were likely to be under fire if they post as little as possible?

Dislike that Scorpious didn't answer my , could vote there still. And still not a fan of StrangeMatter nor RH9.
Once again today begins this farce we call a trial.
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:28 pm

Post by Scorpious »

In post 542, Nathann wrote:Were you expecting any kind of answer that wouldn't have boiled down to "they're not here / tactical lurking"?

What gives you the idea my vote is being moved with no real intent? Do you believe I'm not trying to solve the slots I vote?
I missed this.

I guess, no..? I don’t really know how to answer that. I don’t tend to ask questions with any real explanation of the response.

I’m more of the school of thought that if you’re going to bounce around with voting. Why even bother with the ones prior to where you land ultimately? They weren’t significant they were just kinda plopped and moved around.

The more you move your vote the more persuadable you seem imo.

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:29 pm

Post by Scorpious »

Ugh… ebwop *expectation…

Sorry

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:36 pm

Post by Jacket »

I'm kind of shocked anyone could have me as top town right now.

With regard to Scorpious: the big brain Slayer's_Gambit of is the type of play I almost never see scum making. People always end up paranoid of it and scum usually end try to justify their actions in a conventional way, rather than claiming "I was being scummy on purpose!!". His earlier posts had good questioning and a healthy dose of paranoia toward other players, they weren't bad by any means, so it's honestly hard for me to believe he'd make a weak vote "accidentally" and then try to cover it up with that excuse as scum. I don't really get the hate he's getting for that. I didn't like his push on me, but I feel like he could have just been legitimately misinterpreting the post I made when I was entering the game and getting hung up on my word choice.
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:25 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 589, Jacket wrote:I'm kind of shocked anyone could have me as top town right now.

With regard to Scorpious: the big brain Slayer's_Gambit of is the type of play I almost never see scum making. People always end up paranoid of it and scum usually end try to justify their actions in a conventional way, rather than claiming "I was being scummy on purpose!!". His earlier posts had good questioning and a healthy dose of paranoia toward other players, they weren't bad by any means, so it's honestly hard for me to believe he'd make a weak vote "accidentally" and then try to cover it up with that excuse as scum. I don't really get the hate he's getting for that. I didn't like his push on me, but I feel like he could have just been legitimately misinterpreting the post I made when I was entering the game and getting hung up on my word choice.
So that what it's called. It is my favourite gambit to use as Town. I guess that if Scorpious is using it, then it is unlikely that he can be scum.
+townpoints for Scorpious
GTKAS: 2022, 2024

v/la every weekend

indefinite hiatus from mafia solo
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:28 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 585, A Dreary Saturday Evening wrote:
Scorpious
I think is scum. The earlier posts from his ISO pinged me as town, specifically his tone. I'm starting to think this might be a personality thing. His is scummy. He doesn't explain why he thinks that I am lazy town, as opposed to lazy scum. This may be grasping at straws (at least the TMI part) but I would like to hear his explanation. and are also very scummy. The shade on Jacket is for completely dumb reasons. I don't think Scorp genuinely believed that Jacket not reading Salsa's posts was scum indicative. I want to believe his explanation in , but I'm not sure.
Firstly, thank you for finally showing up and posting something longer than two sentences.

Scorpious
indeed doesn’t explain his thoughts, but he doesn’t need to. It’s pretty obvious upon first glance of your posts if you ask me.

Sorry,
Scorpious
, I’ll be staying with my vote for now.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:29 pm

Post by Greeting »

(I mean, with my vote on
ADSE
, since I hinted that I would be reconsidering)
Three
Three
Goon
Three
Goon
Goon

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:59 am

Post by Three »

In post 510, RCEnigma wrote:Yo Three. What do you think about jacket + SM then? Err more specifically salsa and SM.
I didn't think much of them as a duo until you brought them up to be honest. Checking their combined ISOs is interesting though, they were kind of just talking around each other even though Salsa voted Strange. Strange also made a point of claiming to have experience with Salsa, but didn't really try to read her beyond trying to get STD to explain his town read on her. And Salsa just town read them before replacing out.

Jacket's interactions with Strange after subbing into Salsa's slot are very different. They're a lot more direct with each other, and Jacket is actively scum reading them. It doesn't stand out as particularly partner-y, but I suppose they are interacting with each other quite a bit.
In post 515, Jacket wrote:
In post 507, Three wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 430, Scorpious wrote:
In post 428, Jacket wrote:
In post 404, Scorpious wrote:
In post 372, Jacket wrote:Skimmed the game. I have a handful of weak-ish townreads and exactly one scumread.

What did you skim to get exactly one scat read?
...the game? It's not that long. I have more than one read. I just don't talk about stuff right away all the time. Right now I'm more interested in poking at things and seeing how people react. And why is it a shit read if you didn't like RH9's posts either?
If the game isn’t that long. You shouldn’t have to skim. Your replacement counterpart said he was reading specifically. It concerns me that you are also making me repeat why I’m using different “s” words. I’m not going to explain why I’m doing it again. You can look and read. I’m not calling your read shit even though I think it may be.
In post 443, Scorpious wrote:
In post 440, Jacket wrote:
In post 434, Scorpious wrote:I think Jacket replaced in. Got his red pm, and was totally lost because SF had like 2 posts. So he skimmed looking for any mention
Of SF and much to his dismay, found nothing, and is having a tough time generating content because of it. This slot feels… sus, but I’m just a boomer trying to talk like the cool kids.
I've read none of salsabil's posts. And I'm hardly lost.

Why not? Wouldn’t that be the first thing you do?

VOTE: Jacket
In post 441, Jacket wrote:Do you really think I got "lost" reading 15 pages? Do you really think that's a thing that would happen?
In post 445, Jacket wrote:I seriously can't fathom where Scorpious is coming from with this push.
In post 475, Scorpious wrote:I can’t for the life of me remember how to snip quotes. Sorry

Re: Nathann’s question about using site mechanics to know who’s online.

In other sites I’ve played on, it’s blatantly against the rules. So it struck me as off. I don’t think it’s AI,

As far as skimming goes. Depends on the context. I would think a replacement would want to read as critically as possible.skimming to catch up in a game you’ve already been active in is much different.

Hot take: I think this is scum distancing from each other. Scorpius' aggression towards Jacket doesn't read as natural; the moment Jacket replaced in, Scorpius immediately had a bone to pick with him. The attacks he's made feel very over the top, and Scorpius' reasoning for scum reading him feel too weak and manufactured VS how he's actually treating Jacket. Jacket also is barely fighting back and doesn't seem to be showing even a hint of suspicion towards Scorpius despite thinking that the case on him is unfathomable.

Furthermore, Scorpius has decided to further put suspicion on Jacket and is tunneling the "skimming" argument, but doesn't have much else to say about everything else going on in the game. He hasn't even acknowledged mine or anyone else's scum reads on him.
So much for being able to read me.
If you're expecting me to blow up in response to getting pushed, that's just not going to happen.

The thing about Scorpious is, his case on me is terrible, nitpicky, and based on a ridiculous theory (I don't read my predecessor as either alignment), but I had sort of liked his posts before that. I have a hard time telling when someone is scum making bad faith attacks on me or town who has the wrong idea. Still trying to work that out.
Kinda hate the AtE in bold. No I'm not expecting you to blow up and I'm not sure why you think I would.

I think your responses to both of our cases feel extremely muted. You're just saying my read is bad and Scorpius' case is bad, but you're not really explaining why. This is especially egregious with Scorpius, because you both answered each others' questions towards each other with further questions that attack the legitimacy of what the other person is saying. You say you're not sure if Scorpius is acting in bad faith, but in the posts I quoted your responses seem to imply that you do think so.

Why do you think he scum reads you more aggressively than anyone else off of something you yourself think is ridiculous if he is town?
In post 518, Scorpious wrote:
In post 515, Jacket wrote:
In post 507, Three wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 430, Scorpious wrote:
In post 428, Jacket wrote:
In post 404, Scorpious wrote:
In post 372, Jacket wrote:Skimmed the game. I have a handful of weak-ish townreads and exactly one scumread.

What did you skim to get exactly one scat read?
...the game? It's not that long. I have more than one read. I just don't talk about stuff right away all the time. Right now I'm more interested in poking at things and seeing how people react. And why is it a shit read if you didn't like RH9's posts either?
If the game isn’t that long. You shouldn’t have to skim. Your replacement counterpart said he was reading specifically. It concerns me that you are also making me repeat why I’m using different “s” words. I’m not going to explain why I’m doing it again. You can look and read. I’m not calling your read shit even though I think it may be.
In post 443, Scorpious wrote:
In post 440, Jacket wrote:
In post 434, Scorpious wrote:I think Jacket replaced in. Got his red pm, and was totally lost because SF had like 2 posts. So he skimmed looking for any mention
Of SF and much to his dismay, found nothing, and is having a tough time generating content because of it. This slot feels… sus, but I’m just a boomer trying to talk like the cool kids.
I've read none of salsabil's posts. And I'm hardly lost.

Why not? Wouldn’t that be the first thing you do?

VOTE: Jacket
In post 441, Jacket wrote:Do you really think I got "lost" reading 15 pages? Do you really think that's a thing that would happen?
In post 445, Jacket wrote:I seriously can't fathom where Scorpious is coming from with this push.
In post 475, Scorpious wrote:I can’t for the life of me remember how to snip quotes. Sorry

Re: Nathann’s question about using site mechanics to know who’s online.

In other sites I’ve played on, it’s blatantly against the rules. So it struck me as off. I don’t think it’s AI,

As far as skimming goes. Depends on the context. I would think a replacement would want to read as critically as possible.skimming to catch up in a game you’ve already been active in is much different.

Hot take: I think this is scum distancing from each other. Scorpius' aggression towards Jacket doesn't read as natural; the moment Jacket replaced in, Scorpius immediately had a bone to pick with him. The attacks he's made feel very over the top, and Scorpius' reasoning for scum reading him feel too weak and manufactured VS how he's actually treating Jacket. Jacket also is barely fighting back and doesn't seem to be showing even a hint of suspicion towards Scorpius despite thinking that the case on him is unfathomable.

Furthermore, Scorpius has decided to further put suspicion on Jacket and is tunneling the "skimming" argument, but doesn't have much else to say about everything else going on in the game. He hasn't even acknowledged mine or anyone else's scum reads on him.
So much for being able to read me. If you're expecting me to blow up in response to getting pushed, that's just not going to happen.

The thing about Scorpious is, his case on me is terrible, nitpicky, and based on a ridiculous theory (I don't read my predecessor as either alignment), but I had sort of liked his posts before that. I have a hard time telling when someone is scum making bad faith attacks on me or town who has the wrong idea. Still trying to work that out.
UNVOTE: Jacket

Gonna do the thing and admit my play thus far had been garbage. I’m re-adjusting to MS. I find myself using meta that works on other sites with people that are a little more familiar with each other.

It doesn’t translate well here, I THOUGHT an admission of skimming a replace in role was AI using context from other sites, but the replacement process is a touch different and I can see the flaw in that line of thinking.

Keeping it simple and trying to rebuild my play from scratch to be better here.

That said, RH9 has made me feel uncomfortable this entire game, I also feel there is one scum in the SM/Nathann pair..
This is such a weird response. Do you think I'm just town that's way off course? Why aren't either of you looking at the case I presented?
In post 524, Jacket wrote:
In post 505, Three wrote:What's wrong with the current game state? It's not particularly active but I think the leading wagons have a good chance of flipping red. Do you town read them?
I think about the moment when Greeting basically point blank refused to give reads is when I realized things aren't working the way they are. I'm all for minimalism but there's too many people who are holding their cards close to their chest or refusing to do anything, and the whole game ends up as a staring contest.

Right now, Nathann, Galron, CB, Scorp, RH9, and Three are people I don't want to elim, for various reasons. I'd vote any of ADSE/Greeting/N_M/STD/SM.
I see. So then Strange should go if not Scorpius?

Interesting that both of you shade RH9, and then Strange as well after RC brought up that point about Strange and Salsa. This all feels very weird.
Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:20 am

Post by Jacket »

In post 593, Three wrote:Kinda hate the AtE in bold. No I'm not expecting you to blow up and I'm not sure why you think I would.

I think your responses to both of our cases feel extremely muted. You're just saying my read is bad and Scorpius' case is bad, but you're not really explaining why. This is especially egregious with Scorpius, because you both answered each others' questions towards each other with further questions that attack the legitimacy of what the other person is saying. You say you're not sure if Scorpius is acting in bad faith, but in the posts I quoted your responses seem to imply that you do think so.

Why do you think he scum reads you more aggressively than anyone else off of something you yourself think is ridiculous if he is town?
You have a poor understanding of what an emotional appeal is. I'm mocking you because you came in talking about how you think you should be able to read me based on one game of experience, even though you misread me pretty terribly in that game, and now you're wrong on me again (assuming you're town).

You're saying I have a "muted" response to your cases. Why do you think that makes me more likely to be scum? Your read on me is based largely on trying to tie me to Scorp, which I know is both wrong and completely ridiculous. The idea is that because I'm not responding aggressively to him, I must be scum with him. But I just don't respond to pressure aggressively, and you
should
know this. You're right that I felt like his attacks on me were trash, but I try not to reflexively OMGUS people, because I feel like that leads to bad reads. I try to work past the frustration of being accused to determine if the person believes what they're saying. Sometimes this ends up being to my detriment.

If Scorp's town, he misinterpreted me saying I "skimmed" as me not really reading the game and analyzing it. I did read the game, I was waiting for a few hours for the mod to actually confirm me. He seemed to be caught up on some theory about me not reading what my predecessor said, which is an expectation of how to play the game that is completely different than how I actually play. Could he make those attacks in service of a scum agenda? I suppose, but right now I doubt it because his posts that are not about me don't feel scum motivated.
Three
Three
Goon
Three
Goon
Goon

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:28 am

Post by Three »

In post 526, Jacket wrote:Also, Three suspecting me is probably town-indicative, annoyingly, because their read on me was similarly bad in my other game and they are clearly falling into the same traps.

I'll believe Greeting has reads when I see them.
Shading my read on you here again isn't good, like I have no idea what you mean by saying I'm "clearly falling into the same traps" because this isn't even close to how I read you in Opossum Mafia. There I fake argued with you about a playstyle thing try to get scum to think I would tunnel you so they would leave me alive, here I'm seeing associations with my biggest scum read and weird interactions between you two.
In post 550, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 533, Jacket wrote:
In post 527, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 523, Save The Dragons wrote:why does scum do what i've done so far
Alright enough of this. It was mostly getting the ball rolling very very early with a meta read, but you've done this (trying to just stay out of everyone's radar) in two of the other games I've played with you. I think it's well within the possibility here still that you would still try to do that as scum in this game and just go under people's radar until later.

Links to the two games here as well.

viewtopic.php?t=86874&f=11&st=0&sk=t&sd ... er_sort=Go
viewtopic.php?t=87863&f=23&st=0&sk=t&sd ... er_sort=Go
Do you think he's playing similarly to those games? It feels like from a quick look at both of those he was a lot quicker to get the ball rolling/provide content as scum than he has been here.

You also only linked scum games. Have you compared it to his town game at all? Do you think there's a difference?

Also, is STD literally the only person you're going to have a read on this game day?
Yes, he is playing similarly when reading those all over. As for comparing it to his town game I don’t think I have compared them to his town games so I’m going to come back to these questions.

As for reads, no but they’re not strong reads, mostly small pings that I’ve pointed out in other posts.
This is really underwhelming for the amount of focus you gave STD.
In post 552, StrangeMatter wrote:For reference on his town game. This is also the most recent STD town game as well.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=88151

Looking through this game, there’s definitely a difference how he’s playing there vs playing here. There they are far more active day 1 with a conversation about policy but I see far more that to me reads like they are actually trying to contribute towards the game. Here and those other two games are far more in the background.
Seeing STD that invested in a game is a first for me. Definitely not typical though as I've seen town STD hang out in the background as well.
In post 564, Save The Dragons wrote:i think ADSE is town
Slowly coming around to this. I'm getting the sinking feeling that they're mislim bait.
In post 587, Scorpious wrote:
In post 542, Nathann wrote:Were you expecting any kind of answer that wouldn't have boiled down to "they're not here / tactical lurking"?

What gives you the idea my vote is being moved with no real intent? Do you believe I'm not trying to solve the slots I vote?
I missed this.

I guess, no..? I don’t really know how to answer that. I don’t tend to ask questions with any real explanation of the response.

I’m more of the school of thought that if you’re going to bounce around with voting. Why even bother with the ones prior to where you land ultimately? They weren’t significant they were just kinda plopped and moved around.

Haven't you moved your vote around quite a bit as well? You both voted four different people. And in your case you purposely made a bad vote that carried no weight when you voted Greeting.
Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:35 am

Post by Jacket »

In post 593, Three wrote:Why aren't either of you looking at the case I presented?
I'm not "looking at the case" you presented because any argument that I am scum because of my interactions with Scorp is
prima facie
wrong, and there's no actual rebuttal to give. I know I'm town, so I can't be scum with Scorp. Having to make arguments in the form of "If I was scum with Scorp, I wouldn't be playing this way" are almost completely useless. Although it's funny to me you seem to be so confident scumbuddies would act this way, given that I have never seen scum interact the way me and Scorp have.

If you're town, this is an incredibly unproductive tunnel to be heading down. Pre-flip associative reads on Day 1 are almost never right. If you want to make a case for why I'm scum independent, go right ahead and try, and I'll tell you why it's wrong.
In post 593, Three wrote:I see. So then Strange should go if not Scorpius?

Interesting that both of you shade RH9, and then Strange as well after RC brought up that point about Strange and Salsa. This all feels very weird.
I do not want to eliminate Scorpious. Strange would be my preferred vote, although most seem to disagree. I don't like that they're hyperfocused on STD to the exclusion of the rest of the game. I'd probably vote ADSE over Scorp if necessary for the deadline.

I didn't "shade" RH9, I outright scumread him when I replaced in, although I've changed my mind since then. I have no idea what RCE's point about Strange and Salsa was supposed to be, or why it matters. What are you trying to imply?
Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:37 am

Post by Jacket »

In post 595, Three wrote:Shading my read on you here again isn't good, like I have no idea what you mean by saying I'm "clearly falling into the same traps" because this isn't even close to how I read you in Opossum Mafia. There I fake argued with you about a playstyle thing try to get scum to think I would tunnel you so they would leave me alive, here I'm seeing associations with my biggest scum read and weird interactions between you two.
...okay, I didn't realize that was actually what you were doing in that game. I still think your guilt by association reasoning is really bad.
Three
Three
Goon
Three
Goon
Goon

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:40 am

Post by Three »

In post 594, Jacket wrote:
In post 593, Three wrote:Kinda hate the AtE in bold. No I'm not expecting you to blow up and I'm not sure why you think I would.

You have a poor understanding of what an emotional appeal is. I'm mocking you because you came in talking about how you think you should be able to read me based on one game of experience, even though you misread me pretty terribly in that game, and now you're wrong on me again (assuming you're town).

You're saying I have a "muted" response to your cases. Why do you think that makes me more likely to be scum? Your read on me is based largely on trying to tie me to Scorp, which I know is both wrong and completely ridiculous. The idea is that because I'm not responding aggressively to him, I must be scum with him. But I just don't respond to pressure aggressively, and you
should
know this. You're right that I felt like his attacks on me were trash, but I try not to reflexively OMGUS people, because I feel like that leads to bad reads. I try to work past the frustration of being accused to determine if the person believes what they're saying. Sometimes this ends up being to my detriment.

If Scorp's town, he misinterpreted me saying I "skimmed" as me not really reading the game and analyzing it. I did read the game, I was waiting for a few hours for the mod to actually confirm me. He seemed to be caught up on some theory about me not reading what my predecessor said, which is an expectation of how to play the game that is completely different than how I actually play. Could he make those attacks in service of a scum agenda? I suppose, but right now I doubt it because his posts that are not about me don't feel scum motivated.
You say I have a poor understanding of what an emotional appeal is then immediately admit to mocking me. :dead:

I didn't say I should be able to read you off of one game I played with you. I also didn't misread you there. And you're not really explaining how I'm misreading you here either.

If you think I'm wrong about your ties to Scorpius, explain why, because you haven't done that. You don't have to respond aggressively to his accusations, or mine either. But saying nothing more than "your read is bad/unfathomable/ridiculous" doesn't tell me anything and I'm just left with trying to read your tone and interactions.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:42 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 587, Scorpious wrote:

I missed this.

Okay, so... you're telling me you asked the question without thinking what a possible response could be or how useful it would be?

I bothered because at the time, that is who I was solving and suspecting. I can see you're of different school of thought, you didn't answer my actual question - do you just dislike what I did or do you find it scummy?
Once again today begins this farce we call a trial.

Return to “Completed Open Games”