Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:05 am

Post by Datisi »

gl, will read later, a but busy atm.

i do wanna say this for now - if we're gonna end up leaving gl behind, i want to be paired with whichever lady he is most sure is mafia.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:06 am

Post by catboi »

In post 738, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 733, catboi wrote:I have not had a problem with anything else she's posted, though.
can you give an earnest reply to the points I raised in ? Namely:
- LLD saying her confidence was an exaggeration as a "test" yet then somehow not liking my reaction in stating that she had no reason to be so confident that it wasn't a town post,
- LLD saying my subsequent posts were "flailing",
- LLD's dislike of the post somehow only amounting to "GL didn't explain his consensus-y reads" - reads which I actually ~have~ explained in greater detail in other posts in my ISO, some before any consensus was formed!, instead ignoring those posts to zoom in on one particular hipfire snapshot reads post I gave in response to Datisi explicitly asking for one.

You really don't see any issues with any of that? I'm kinda tilted seeing LLD get towncred for these pushes
Pushing with exaggerated confidence as a test is entirely within her wheelhouse as town, and I feel like you're being a tad reductive in how you're summarizing it? I don't think you asserting that you'd write that post as town somehow invalidates her "so-so scumread" becoming stronger based on you writing that - I can absolutely see someone not liking the way you responded.

Using exaggerated language isn't significantly AI either (I know psyche had some MD post that scum were slightly more likely to accuse people of flailing but this was eons ago in site meta and flailing isn't even that common in the lexicon anymore)

I also feel like your issue of her summary of her reads is reductive?

IDK. I'm still chewing things over.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:07 am

Post by Cabd »

Potentially exposed to the new variant at work.

Marking myself vla for a bit, apologies but I'm gonna be a psychosomatic nervous wreck even though I'm pretty sure the positive coworker was negative last week when we had overlap with in office time.

More tonight.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:08 am

Post by Taly »

In post 774, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 769, Taly wrote:
In post 765, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 762, Taly wrote:critique me lld
Sure. You are currently wasting an IC slot by not being more aggressive in your stances and reads. You are confirmed town, throw nicety out the window and really just go for it. Abuse your station.
Is it wise to really take the IC word as law though?
Taking your word as law is not the same thing as exercising your control to lead town.

I am gonna get slammed for being arrogant for this but go read mountain dew mafia where I rolled IC and played a specific way. It won that game single handedly, because of the environment it created.

Be a little more confident and lean into it
huh I appreciate you actually coaching me here

I think you're town and think I people want to doubtcast your alignment due to BoPing your scumgame they should state what you'd scum motive is

And no I no longer believe that you pushing me to pair with someone is a scum agenda and people should be more active in asserting who they think I should pair with
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:08 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 775, Datisi wrote:gl, will read later, a but busy atm.

i do wanna say this for now - if we're gonna end up leaving gl behind, i want to be paired with whichever lady he is most sure is mafia.
wait I don't understand why this at all, so you can personally try to sort them?

if I'm leaving behind I want the scummiest gentleman paired with the scummiest lady (Cabd) and I want that pair limmed immediately so people can see whether I was right. and then if Cabd flips scum I want everyone to remember LLD pushing for me to go home instead and trying to advocate for Cabd to be Taly's partner, of all people
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:09 am

Post by Taly »

GL, Cat, and Andante rank low on my reads at the moment.

I also forgot Marci, lily, and Mala were in this game
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:10 am

Post by Alyssa The Lamb »

In post 714, Save The Dragons wrote:does anyone even want to dance with me or am i getting sloppy eighths
Who do you want?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:10 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

also I don't want the FB/Andante pair limmed for a long time (if at all) and I'll be elaborating more on that when I have time
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:12 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 747, Firebringer wrote:
In post 743, Save The Dragons wrote:GL your responses just seem like "scum caught for the wrong reason" maybe you're not but it feels that way
i disagree with this. i think the way LLD handled this and admitted was being aggressive was going to ellicit responses that are gonna go something like that i wouldn't say is actually conclusive to an alignment.

its kind of like bad police interrogations
I also want this post framed and hung very prominently on the halls of this dance party
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:13 am

Post by catboi »

In post 741, Firebringer wrote:okay ydra. not sure about u right now but ill revisit u later for tea and crumpets

@catboi u said i dont know earlier in response to my weak reasoning on why i think u could be scum here. do u not think u have a large scum range? I remember seeing u replaced into a scum game and u did fairly well (i think u died cause u couldn't salvage the slot but if u were in at beginning i thought ohh catboi could have nailed this game) wish i could remember the game from my memory >.>
No I do have a wide scumrange, it's funny for other reasons. Don't worry about it.

You're probably thinking of Hectic vs. FL, where I was in from the start as scum, managed to fool most people into thinking I was town, but FL had an unassailable scumread on me and there was a million mechanical claims from people that people were getting towncleared for. When the clear town in a stump game is correctly tunneling you you can't really do jack shit about it.

But also, my posts were
way
worse than they are here and I resorted to talking about anime just to derail that game
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:14 am

Post by Firebringer »

i expect more pairings soon we actually have a lot of people with alot of opinions at this stage which is a crazy to me. Feels like we are way ahead of where we would be, maybe i haven't been shitposting enough.

Lots of gents here too shy to send out offers of dances tho.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:14 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 779, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 775, Datisi wrote:gl, will read later, a but busy atm.

wait I don't understand why this at all, so you can personally try to sort them?

if I'm leaving behind I want the scummiest gentleman paired with the scummiest lady (Cabd) and I want that pair limmed immediately so people can see whether I was right. and then if Cabd flips scum I want everyone to remember LLD pushing for me to go home instead and trying to advocate for Cabd to be Taly's partner, of all people
well the idea was that i play the hero and instaleave if you flip green, but thinking about it i might be more useful alive. because i do have an ability to scream until i'm listened to. so maybe not.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:15 am

Post by Ydrasse »

fl v hectic was the single funniest game i’ve ever been in
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:16 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 777, Cabd wrote:Potentially exposed to the new variant at work.

Marking myself vla for a bit, apologies but I'm gonna be a psychosomatic nervous wreck even though I'm pretty sure the positive coworker was negative last week when we had overlap with in office time.

More tonight.
this is real shit though, take care of yourself, I hope you don't have it
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:16 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 784, catboi wrote:I resorted to talking about anime just to derail that game
anime opinions tell u all u need to know about alignments
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:21 am

Post by Prism »

Okay I'm a liar I haven't read anything

discard me
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:21 am

Post by catboi »

In post 777, Cabd wrote:Potentially exposed to the new variant at work.

More tonight.
best wishes hope you're all right
marcistar
marcistar
Jack of All Trades
marcistar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:23 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 785, Firebringer wrote:Lots of gents here too shy to send out offers of dances tho.
how do i propose to someone- do i just ask-
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:24 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 792, marcistar wrote:
In post 785, Firebringer wrote:Lots of gents here too shy to send out offers of dances tho.
how do i propose to someone- do i just ask-
bold ur request.
ex:
Would you like to dance with me X?
Show

GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:26 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 776, catboi wrote:Using exaggerated language isn't significantly AI either (I know psyche had some MD post that scum were slightly more likely to accuse people of flailing but this was eons ago in site meta and flailing isn't even that common in the lexicon anymore)
mmm I axiomatically disagree with this but probably not worth litigating

scum use embellishment to sell reads they know don't hold up to logical scrutiny. Exaggerating the number of posts I made, ESPECIALLY when 90% of those posts were sorting/talking elsewhere, is not a genuine thought for why I might be scum. It's entirely designed to try to tilt me and to try to make me look worse to others. She might do that as town, but it sure as hell isn't pro-town behavior.

and it masks the fact that LLD's case on me is absent any substantive point against me. Especially considering we're in, y'know, D1 with no information.

Does she think scum!GL is incapable of giving reasons for his "reads"? Does she think scum!GL is inherently "reactive" in a way town!GL is not? Does she think scum!GL is too scared to give reads that go against consensus? Which of my reads does she think town!GL wouldn't or couldn't have?

A lot of people identified that is a post I could write as either alignment, including LLD herself! So what's the reason she's more confident about me being scum than any other player here then?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:28 am

Post by catboi »

In post 785, Firebringer wrote:i expect more pairings soon we actually have a lot of people with alot of opinions at this stage which is a crazy to me. Feels like we are way ahead of where we would be, maybe i haven't been shitposting enough.

Lots of gents here too shy to send out offers of dances tho.
Game has a lot more serious nose to the grindstone tryhard type players than past dance games, from what I've skimmed of them.

For me personally, I've been slow to pair in the recent anonymous minis, but also a significant portion of the ladies are either people I don't have a read on or people I'd have trouble working with
In post 789, Firebringer wrote:
In post 784, catboi wrote:I resorted to talking about anime just to derail that game
anime opinions tell u all u need to know about alignments
Post ur 3x3 and it will determine my read of u
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:29 am

Post by Firebringer »

what is a 3x3
Show

GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:29 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

it does feel like all the townier people are in the Gentlemen pool

like I was trying to think of who I'd want Datisi to propose to if not me, and assuming Prism is paired with Taly or Prism/Datisi don't wanna pair for wildly different PT play styles, it's probably like... Ydrasse? or Alyssa? which is kinda lol
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:32 am

Post by catboi »

In post 709, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:
In post 696, catboi wrote:
In post 690, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:Nice, I think I have a hard scum read already

And no it's not Firebringer

I also don't think it's useful to out immediately
How would you feel if I asked you to dance right now
I'd consider it but I wouldn't accept immediately
Alyssa, would you dance with me?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:40 am

Post by Prism »

I think me pairing with Taly is even more unlikely than me pairing with Datisi lol

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”