Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1650 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:19 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1223, Titus wrote:This really feels solid for GL Ydrasse Rh9 marci team.
oh also for completeness sake because I cannot resist calling this out, this claim is a million times worse than Andante's "4 maf in the gentleman" because now you're even naming a specific 4 person team

don't really feel it'd be especially useful to push this particular point but I can't fathom Titus
earnestly
believes the scum team is exactly these four players
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1651 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:20 pm

Post by Galron »

In post 1648, Galron wrote:
In post 1645, Andante wrote:I mean, where are the others? Everytime I'm here GL is here, so you want mala paired over GL? the way I see it, why pair with someone if they're not gonna do anything, even if GL is scum, GL will be active. I don't understand why we're not wanting GL paired
I don't understand why him over others
This is bad reasoning imo. If GL is scum he's done. If Mala is scum she's done. Both have equal opportunity to be scum. I'd rather have scum gone than a non-active town.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1652 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:23 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 1644, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 1638, Andante wrote:If you had your pick of the remaining gentlemen who would you want?
Datisi. I'd also like catboi and I'd settle for marcistar but I'm worried a marcistar/GL T-T pairing isn't actually beneficial to town unless we manage to effectively clear ourselves. I think after I said I was willing to leave to flip marci it's not good for the long term gamestate if we pair and I don't stay at least willing to do that
Alright, yeah, not super bad ideas. I still kinda ship you + dragons lol Lion + Dragon = YESSSS!!!
I have minor concerns about dats, I'll explore them tomorrow, cause like, dats and LLD have both made me go "I don't think you're town, but I think they'd almost certainly have paired if they were S/S
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1653 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:24 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1270, Taly wrote:Norwe/Datisi being an endgame pair?
I don't know if this is actually a good bet to endgame but I'm certain it'd be hilarious from the dead thread
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1654 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:24 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

didn't Dragon already pair with Titus? That's a duo that's absolutely not endgaming, btw
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1655 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:28 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1275, Datisi wrote:now that i think about it, i'm a bit nervous about norwee declining to pair with the ic

the town norwee i know is reckless and he lives on the edge

scum!norwee knows that pairing with the ic is Bad
I did not like because it felt a little telling-instead-of-showing fake to me. like why wasn't Norwee thinking about this when Taly asked him initially? the fact that it came 20 minutes later is a bit 'sus', as they say
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1656 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:28 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 1651, Galron wrote:
In post 1645, Andante wrote:I mean, where are the others? Everytime I'm here GL is here, so you want mala paired over GL? the way I see it, why pair with someone if they're not gonna do anything, even if GL is scum, GL will be active. I don't understand why we're not wanting GL paired
This is bad reasoning imo. If GL is scum he's done. If Mala is scum she's done. Both have equal opportunity to be scum. I'd rather have scum gone than a non-active town.
I'd rather yeet the non active town. just force scum to pair with each other and lim 2 for the price of 1 tomorrow. easy. ok, GL scum, and who's most likely scum gentleman? there you go.

Like I swear, some of yall.. you act like you're super good at reading people "we want these people to endgame" ok, so if scum makes this list of people to endgame? it's all like, just partner with someone, doing all this partner stuff like yall are, I'm highly doubting there's gonna be S/S pairs. Let people just do whatever, then go from there. 2000 posts of all this talking in circles, the same voices are being heard. I'm surprised everyone is doing all this "solving" like, the more pressure yall put on your "endgame pairs" the less likely we're actually able to draw conclusions. but that's just my two cents here
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1657 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:28 pm

Post by Andante »

oh titus made them official?
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1658 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:29 pm

Post by Alyssa The Lamb »

In post 1656, Andante wrote:
In post 1651, Galron wrote:
I'd rather yeet the non active town. just force scum to pair with each other and lim 2 for the price of 1 tomorrow. easy. ok, GL scum, and who's most likely scum gentleman? there you go.

Like I swear, some of yall.. you act like you're super good at reading people "we want these people to endgame" ok, so if scum makes this list of people to endgame? it's all like, just partner with someone, doing all this partner stuff like yall are, I'm highly doubting there's gonna be S/S pairs. Let people just do whatever, then go from there. 2000 posts of all this talking in circles, the same voices are being heard. I'm surprised everyone is doing all this "solving" like, the more pressure yall put on your "endgame pairs" the less likely we're actually able to draw conclusions. but that's just my two cents here
I consider the game won if we manage to kill all but one scum by the time we hit 6 players

I don't think town should lose at this point unless they majorly fucked up the game
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1659 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:30 pm

I actually don't think one scum hitting the 'endgame pairs' at the start is a problem at all
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1660 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:31 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 1659, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:I actually don't think one scum hitting the 'endgame pairs' at the start is a problem at all
and if there's more than 1?
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1661 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:31 pm

Post by Andante »

also, wouldn't scum just kill a t/t endgame pair?
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1662 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:32 pm

then we use the flips in first dance to verify that and adjust accordingly
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1663 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:32 pm

Post by Andante »

mmmk I'm just following yall, I clearly have no clue how this works lol
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1664 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:33 pm

Post by Andante »

it's just like, to me a lot of the logic is like, I'd do it so differently...
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1665 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:34 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1308, Something_Smart wrote:There are definitely people here who are capable of confidently placing me as town.
who? why didn't you name them up front?
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1666 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:36 pm

idk

I generally play around trying to verify a TvT pair and removing all but one scum at the same time, so information flips are higher priority for me than directly looking for scum in of itself
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1667 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:36 pm

Post by Andante »

YOOOO wait, titus and dragons are an official pair? What made titus pick dragons? like, nahhhh that pair no way, it's like titus got the proposal, asked for taly permission, I called it out, then titus accepted... IDK HOW I MISSED THIS!!! That pair is not good
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1668 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:39 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 1666, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:idk

I generally play around trying to verify a TvT pair and removing all but one scum at the same time, so information flips are higher priority for me than directly looking for scum in of itself
yeah, I think that's what I'm doing/want to do, like, people pair up, then we discuss... like all this talk, and we get Dragons + Titus, like uhhh ok... bad pair. The lion and the dragon had to go together
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1669 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:40 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1667, Andante wrote:YOOOO wait, titus and dragons are an official pair? What made titus pick dragons? like, nahhhh that pair no way, it's like titus got the proposal, asked for taly permission, I called it out, then titus accepted... IDK HOW I MISSED THIS!!! That pair is not good
Nothing made me pick Dragons. I could have paired with marci or Galron as well. I paired with StD because I townread them, but yet they weren't obvtown to others so I would still possibly get obvtown to pair with each other.

I would have favored any of my townreads that asked.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1670 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:40 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1668, Andante wrote:

yeah, I think that's what I'm doing/want to do, like, people pair up, then we discuss... like all this talk, and we get Dragons + Titus, like uhhh ok... bad pair. The lion and the dragon had to go together
Why the Lion and dragon in particular?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1671 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:42 pm

In post 1647, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:I have a particular read on you as town as well, of which means that I don't believe your reads are particularly strong in this particular game in the case that you are town.
btw Titus, I specifically want to address this a bit further so it doesn't read as a sort of discredit on you, and because you are quite possibly the one player on the entire website I have the most games with out of anybody, so I've had plenty of opportunities to assess your play from all four angles (TvT, TvS, SvT, SvS).

the games where I feel like you are at your strongest are when you are able to confidently place players as town and directly work with those players. My experience with your towngame is that you view things in a very different way that has very mixed results, so you often run into these problems where you have very incorrect scumreads and it's very hard to pivot you off of them in those cases since finding common ground is next to impossible in a lot of cases.

You and Taly are the two players in this playerlist that I would strongly classify as enablers for town, and the way you're playing in this game indicates that you aren't playing around this philosophy, especially in a setup where I strongly believe that finding correct townreads is infinitely more productive to a town wincon than finding correct scumreads.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1672 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:43 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1650, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 1223, Titus wrote:This really feels solid for GL Ydrasse Rh9 marci team.
oh also for completeness sake because I cannot resist calling this out, this claim is a million times worse than Andante's "4 maf in the gentleman" because now you're even naming a specific 4 person team

don't really feel it'd be especially useful to push this particular point but I can't fathom Titus
earnestly
believes the scum team is exactly these four players
You're seriously trying to argue having a theoretical read is scummy? Yet you didn't call it out at the time either?

That's just how I think. I apply the scientific method to mafia, as much as I can. Observe. Hypothesis. Test. Conclusion.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1673 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:45 pm

Post by Andante »

Gentlemen
Galron
Datisi*
Catboi *
Marcistar *
RH9

Ladies
Prism NorwegianboyEE
GuiltyLion
Cabd Something_Smart *
angielily *
Alyssa the Lamb
Malakittens *

Let me ship some more people.
catboi + Malakittens - obvious reason. strongest ship!
marci + angie - they both want to be partners yet people were all "NOOOO" I ship it
dats + SS - both are hard to read, I think they'd be funny trying to work together - perfect ship
Galron + Lion - Galron + Lion = PERFECT
RH9 + Alyssa - We're not leaving Alyssa behind!

gg I solved the pairs. now lets make them happen
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1674 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:46 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 1670, Titus wrote:
In post 1668, Andante wrote:

Why the Lion and dragon in particular?
I've played with the dragon before, and I read part of a game he was in, and I just think him and Lion would be good for each other

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”