Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3250 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:16 am

Post by Alyssa The Lamb »

In post 3241, Taly wrote:
In post 3234, Taly wrote:Like I develop game losing reads the longer I am UTR in a game without a role clearing me.

Actually I'd say IC helps me solve because my ego is much more removed in this game.
Fun fact

When I think I have a game losing read, I tend to say "I wanna die" in a game.

I might try to imitate this behavior as scum too but I don't think it comes off as sincere.

Very important behavior. One of my behaviors where you learn more about the game than you do my alignment.
Shiro wrote:
In post 3234, Taly wrote:Like I develop game losing reads the longer I am UTR in a game without a role clearing me.
What do you mean by that? I mean like how does being universally town read make your reads worse?
Because I cannot discern who actually townreads me VS who knows that I am town. Instinctively the first question I would otherwise have to help determine I'd someone is informed is if they know I am town.

It's why I read reverse so quickly and strongly in games. I no longer know if I'm entirely scumsiding by taking a player in good faith or if my tunnel is what scum wants because it's never a clear agenda of theirs to work against someone who is borderline mislimmable.

If I endgame in these games, I've lost simply because of how paranoid the final players have gotten to me, Slaughter Hour is the most recent example.

It sucks and it's enough to get me to consider flaking.
I'm always such a pessimist about how people read me and how people value my ability to read my partner that it's just much less of a headache to play around leaving earlier

Starry Night I paired with MariaR and became essentially the second IC, but literally everyone in the dead thread and half the main thread were so paranoid that I was pocketed that I had to play around making a different pair the everywhere pair instead of taking my townread to the grave

My townread was correct btw, the entire dead thread ate shit for that one
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #3251 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:22 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 3007, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:Galron + Something_Smart
howww are these two so high up
why is galron suddenly so townie for everyone
In post 3063, RH9 wrote:Datisi & GL / RH9 & Alyssa / Shiro & Harley Quinn
STD & Titus / Galron & S_S
Marcistar & Norwee / Firebringer & Andante
can we got some explanation for this
In post 3079, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:jesus fucking christ
big fucking mood

oh shit rh9 posted some reads, i'll return to that later

warmpupper continues being my spirit animal here
In post 3143, GuiltyLion wrote:{Datisi}
{Titus, STD}
{Fire, Andante}
{Marci, Norwee}
{Alyssa, RH9}
{Shiro, HQ}
{Galron, S_S}
ha
ahah
ahahahah
i swear i did not read up on the pt or see this before i posted my list
In post 3168, Harley Quinn wrote:Maybe SS could still be town? I’m not tr GL so interesting and Fire wanting him and Datisi to endgame is probably a reason in itself not to ever happen. lol
this game is a practice in restraining myself from saying things that would make me eat a perma

i see that shiro is posting Posts(tm) but none of them feel solvey so far

is goodpost, the only problem is i think galron is scum :shifty:
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #3252 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:24 am

Post by Datisi »

challenge for anyone who feels like it:

explain to me why galron, shiro, and harley are town, but don't mention bullshit like "you see there are these tells that definitely exist that mean they're town" or "in mini large 69420 i caught them as scum so i would know" k thanks
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3253 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:25 am

In post 3099, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:the part I really hate about this is that I think HQ's posting this page is town indicative

and that's the part that makes me want to leave
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3254 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:25 am

I think HQ takes the cue to shut up as scum and doesn't keep challenging literally everything when multiple people are calling for all this extra shit to stop until more lists are out
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #3255 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:27 am

Post by Datisi »

i skipped all of harley's posts that talk about meta, so can you explain

pedit: ah i see
would she really shut up if she's so certain that she should be imitating her town game by screaming at everyone who scumreads her?
~M
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3256 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:28 am

I'm more thinking Galron is town because of how I'm looking at the game, and that I don't think we actually gain anything for solving the rest of the game by them being removed first dance
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #3257 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:28 am

Post by Ydrasse »

hq can be emotional etc as any alignment but she refuses to realize the obvious reactions of what is wanted and keeps going like a freight train

she’s more... reticent (though she never is reticent) and less indignant about her towny standing as scum

galron and shiro not towny tho
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #3258 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:28 am

Post by Ydrasse »

i’m sick of thinking about the slot tbh
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3259 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:29 am

In post 3255, Datisi wrote:i skipped all of harley's posts that talk about meta, so can you explain

pedit: ah i see
would she really shut up if she's so certain that she should be imitating her town game by screaming at everyone who scumreads her?
If that was all it was, it wouldn't be town

But she's challenging other reads too, which makes a difference
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #3260 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:29 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 3256, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:I'm more thinking Galron is town because of how I'm looking at the game, and that I don't think we actually gain anything for solving the rest of the game by them being removed first dance
explain what you mean by the former
~M
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #3261 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:32 am

Post by Ydrasse »

i don’t understand why galron reaction tests a townread like that using weird mech stuff 6_6
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3262 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:32 am

There's enough TvS looking pairings that it seems unlikely that they're SvS regardless of reads

And in that circumstance, looking for the most sus pairings from the earlier ones is generally more productive since it gives by far the most information about the game
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3263 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:35 am

I realize that's not a case for townreading him directly

But it's more his alignment is in flux because I'd rather see if I'm right or wrong on this first
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #3264 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:36 am

Post by Taly »

In post 3252, Datisi wrote:challenge for anyone who feels like it:

explain to me why galron, shiro, and harley are town, but don't mention bullshit like "you see there are these tells that definitely exist that mean they're town" or "in mini large 69420 i caught them as scum so i would know" k thanks
I don't think
Galron
pretends to leave their partner
SS
unless he genuinely wants to sort him. I also have oog reasons that I can't digress on, but I don't think his lack of content and activity are game related.

The only scenario above I could justify them not being T/T 0is that
SS/Galron
are playing theatre and are indeed S/S. But why does he strongarm his partner to join? Why did
SS
seek my approval?
Mala
could've jumped in at any time. It just seems risky that I don't think either would consider to execute.

Granted, this happened the moment after I initially said
SS
is not scum, so the S/S narrative is believable.

I stand by the read because there's several moments in the game that I agreed with
SS
and they seem fluffier as scum.
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3265 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:37 am

Post by Taly »

I just don't see an angle for
SS/Galron
to be T/S, they are aligned whether they know it or not.
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #3266 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:42 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 3264, Taly wrote:I don't think Galron pretends to leave their partner SS unless he genuinely wants to sort him.
i mean, the issue is i really don't think this is very difficult to fake... especially considering galron didn't really get reads from it? like i think he did mention s_s is town but i think if you're town doing a reaction test you'd have more thoughts on *how* that reaction test influenced your reads
~M
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3267 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:46 am

Post by Taly »

When is
Galron's
ISO in any game difficult to fake
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3268 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:48 am

Post by Taly »

In post 3266, Datisi wrote:
In post 3264, Taly wrote:I don't think Galron pretends to leave their partner SS unless he genuinely wants to sort him.
i mean, the issue is i really don't think this is very difficult to fake... especially considering galron didn't really get reads from it? like i think he did mention s_s is town but i think if you're town doing a reaction test you'd have more thoughts on *how* that reaction test influenced your reads
I'm not looking at this more on the lens of whether it makes sense for town

I just don't see the scum gain for it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3269 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:49 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 3266, Datisi wrote:i mean, the issue is i really don't think this is very difficult to fake... especially considering galron didn't really get reads from it? like i think he did mention s_s is town but i think if you're town doing a reaction test you'd have more thoughts on *how* that reaction test influenced your reads
Yes but also no... not every reaction test has to be a success, and I'll admit my reaction was kind of a flat "doing this without warning was idiotic" and not super expressive or anything.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Taly's argument is mostly that this kind of play wouldn't even occur to him if he weren't trying to sort me?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Harley Quinn
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3270 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:50 am

Post by Harley Quinn »

In post 3225, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 3098, Harley Quinn wrote:
In post 3092, Titus wrote:I still don’t know what to do with Marci but way too many slots have both our pairs as srs, so anyone’s actively scumhunting’s lightbulb should definitely be going off at that.
If Marci is scum then i think she's getting bussed. I am tempted to townread my partner based just on how low our slot has been in the PoE lol.
Very valid point. My pair and yours has been in most of the Poes and I’m glad I’m not the only one to have noticed that.
I
t
s
W
h
a
t
I
D
o
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #3271 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:51 am

Post by Datisi »

sometimes scum does shit just because they can

and i especially know s_s is prone to falling for that kinda thing so

in case of galron being scum, s_s being town, and another person on the scumteam knowing s_s's meta, that would be a good way to have him pocketed
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #3272 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:52 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 3269, Something_Smart wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Taly's argument is mostly that this kind of play wouldn't even occur to him if he weren't trying to sort me?
ok, real talk, the moment i heard of that happening, it reminded me of t3 trusting you in that trust fall game

like, it's a "why the hell would you do that" and it doesn't necessarily have anything beneficial for scum in it but
~M
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #3273 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:53 am

Post by Ydrasse »

i don’t think galron/s_s makes sense as s/s rn

in a normal that sort of weird interaction btwn two scum is something to do and look like youre solving each other at and later if one of them flips it’s like oh remember this it looks like they were faking a solve

but when the two are tied together any inherent gain of bussing/faking interaction is lost because you can’t kill one without the other
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3274 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:53 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 3271, Datisi wrote:sometimes scum does shit just because they can

and i especially know s_s is prone to falling for that kinda thing so

in case of galron being scum, s_s being town, and another person on the scumteam knowing s_s's meta, that would be a good way to have him pocketed
Except I didn't even townread it initially, and the one who's convincing me is the IC... that seems impossible for scum to predict.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”