Mafia Scum
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: cy/cyber

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:13 pm

Post by flow trap »

In post 579, innocentvillager wrote:in my mind the two felines are death tunneling each other and I will not accept this dynamic as anything other than TvS

which mean we have to flip both of them unless the first flips scum

i suggest we start with the townier looking cat
This is strangely assertive compared to all of your other posts I remember
"I'm not coming to your house with a paper shredder" - Flow

"I honestly had no idea how to converse with (Flow). (Flow) brought up architecture to start with and I was like "oh do you like architecture" and then he was like "uhm no I know nothing about it." And then he threw something out a window??"
flow trap
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:16 pm

Post by flow trap »

In post 649, catboi wrote:Taking that as the implication aside: do you think I should be townreading you here?
I mean I will agree I have been fluffy and less content dense, but that's what I do as Town :3

As I always say if I get the lychee round 1 I flip town :wink:

"I honestly had no idea how to converse with (Flow). (Flow) brought up architecture to start with and I was like "oh do you like architecture" and then he was like "uhm no I know nothing about it." And then he threw something out a window??"
flow trap
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:16 pm

Post by flow trap »

In post 581, SirCakez wrote:also im happy to slapfight you again if you want
*hits SirCake with a styrofoam hand*

flow trap
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:18 pm

Post by flow trap »

In post 581, SirCakez wrote:
In post 77, Datisi wrote:VOTE: innocentvillager
maybe I should just sheep Datisi would have made last time a lot better
In post 98, Faker wrote:Not really thrilled with skitter's start. I instinctively did not like the statements about catboi and IV, and checked it against several games but it doesn't line up with any she's played with me as either alignment.

VOTE: Mare

Meh.
how does this vote parse with you criticizing Skitter's opening?
In post 123, flow trap wrote:VOTE: SirCakez
also im happy to slapfight you again if you want
In post 128, midwaybear wrote:VOTE: skitter

Hi everyone. I pretty much agree with Datisi’s thoughts on flow trap not being w/w with SS. It is more likely than not that scum has someone who was aware of SS pattern, but not guaranteed. Having meta numbers seems a little broken lol
this post kinda bothers me tonally. it feels too agreeable (ok and not just because they said I agree with Datisi)

VOTE: midwaybear
UNVOTE:

flow trap
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:23 pm

Post by flow trap »

In post 620, catboi wrote:
Spoiler: Blue Circle Dance PT
Right now I'm at

purr:
iv
midwaybear
andante

mrr:
skitter
Mare
sleepless

grrr:
flow trap

neutral on everyone else.

How about you?
What if I offer headpats? :lol:

flow trap
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:25 pm

Post by flow trap »

In post 648, catboi wrote:I read virtually none of your posts in the game I replaced you in. So no.
My feelings are absolutely shattered

flow trap
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:27 pm

Post by flow trap »

I like 648 and 649, though

catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:37 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 651, flow trap wrote:
In post 649, catboi wrote:Taking that as the implication aside: do you think I should be townreading you here?
I mean I will agree I have been fluffy and less content dense, but that's what I do as Town :3

As I always say if I get the lychee round 1 I flip town :wink:
Mmmmm, I was going to post a deep dive but my conclusion is the stuff I was scumreading for you is in fact null and it's too early to tell yet

UNVOTE:
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:41 pm

Post by catboi »

VOTE: Mare

Let's get spicy. Read the ISO, feels stilted so far, like someone going through the motions but not really feeling into it
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:42 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 654, flow trap wrote:
In post 620, catboi wrote:
Spoiler: Blue Circle Dance PT
Right now I'm at

purr:
iv
midwaybear
andante

mrr:
skitter
Mare
sleepless

grrr:
flow trap

neutral on everyone else.

How about you?
What if I offer headpats? :lol:
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:46 pm

Post by catboi »

(If anyone would like to know what I read on flow feel free to peruse Purgatory and draw your own conclusions)
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:48 pm

Post by northsidegal »

oh god, i'm so old. why do i constantly do this to myself, where i sign up for a game and then immediately remember that i should just stick to modding. i guess this is about where i'm at though:

{nsg}
{andante, IV, catboi, mare}
{SS, skitter, cakez, SA, flow, pooky, faker} - null
{datisi, midway}

i don't think that i have any particular skill or insight at reading datisi but i don't agree with the thoughts that he's been "chill" this game and that that's alignment indicative somehow. i thought that his initial response to IV's scumread on him seemed sort of forced or performative (and i think that some other people pointed out the same thing or something similar). my thoughts on midway largely mirror what others have already pointed out, his opening is just sort of classically scummy. catboi seemed to indicate that his posting like that is town indicative as based on Chromatic Ascension so that's something to look up but for now that's where he is.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:51 pm

Post by northsidegal »

oh yeah, i wanted to say this
In post 179, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 62, innocentvillager wrote:why do you guys purposely always pick the same numbers
Well I started out just picking it because it was rarely picked but at this point it also deters anyone who's aware of it. This is the first time I've collided and it seems like flow also picked it because it was rarely picked, so that still seems pretty solid.
next time this setup is run and you're playing, whether i join on a secret alt or on my main account i'm pre-committing right now to picking nine. what now? :>

(is this against the rules to say? if it is then i'm just joking)

things fall apart
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:51 pm

Post by Datisi »

is it weird that i actually think nsg is townie for this post? like, if she entered the game townreading me, i'd be concerned. and this feels like something i'd expect from her, at least going from the vibes i got from her playing in my games.

pedit: referring to .
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:53 pm

Post by innocentvillager »

yes it’s weird
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:53 pm

Post by Datisi »

thank you iv very cool
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
flow trap
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:55 pm

Post by flow trap »

Dasisti stealing my weird thunder ;-;

northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:56 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 661, northsidegal wrote:{nsg}
{andante, IV, catboi, mare}
{SS, skitter, cakez, SA, flow, pooky, faker} - null
{datisi, midway}
i guess i'll just talk more about this

maybe i should have split this into a billion more tiers or whatever but this is broadly accurate and probably good enough to get a decent understanding of where i'm at. i do think that faker is probably on the upper side of null if not an outright townlean because it seems like there's some weird personal beef going on there between him and mare (who also seems to be an alt whose identity i feel like i should remember but i don't), and i guess i just expect that scum would probably try to focus more on other things. or, if not outright focus on other things, at least make more time for making false reads and general schmoozing and whatever, which it seems like faker isn't doing.

still don't know how to read SS. i find people who seem to not take anything seriously (or who take very little seriously for a majority of the game) difficult if not impossible to read so flow trap is ???? and probably will stay that way. in his short time in the thread cakez agreed with a lot of the same thoughts that i had reading the thread, although i'm not sure whether or not to really take that as towny.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:57 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 663, Datisi wrote:is it weird that i actually think nsg is townie for this post? like, if she entered the game townreading me, i'd be concerned. and this feels like something i'd expect from her, at least going from the vibes i got from her playing in my games.

pedit: referring to .
why would that be weird?

things fall apart
flow trap
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:58 pm

Post by flow trap »

In post 667, northsidegal wrote:still don't know how to read SS. i find people who seem to not take anything seriously (or who take very little seriously for a majority of the game) difficult if not impossible to read
Can confirm

Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:59 pm

Post by Datisi »

the question was partly formed that way to invite discussion. partly because i kind of expect some smartass to go "so you agree you're scummy? so you're scum?" and i wanted to shut that down pre-emptively, but i didn't know a good way to do that without writing the whole thing out so i decided to just start with "is it weird" and call it a day.
~M
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:04 pm

Post by northsidegal »

i found it difficult to believe (or i suppose just surprising) that skitter didn't know about SS's always pick nine thing (as she seemed to indicate in one post) but i couldn't find any evidence to the contrary in the very short amount of time i spent looking for it. i'm also curious to hear about skitter's experience with scum!andante which i recall she indicated she had – what was that game like, and what's your impression of how scum andante plays / differs from town andante?

not sure if flow was being serious in but i think that almost everything he listed for why IV was town was a personality tell rather than an alignment tell. i don't really know how relevant it is, i just found it notable.

and finally, to round off the list of random observations that i'm going through, i thought that datisi's was mildly scum indicative for reasons that i would probably find difficult to make sound convincing, and i agreed with catboi's post here (which may be equally as relevant with regards to skitter as it is for datisi?):
In post 391, catboi wrote:
In post 375, skitter30 wrote:
In post 363, catboi wrote:
In post 339, skitter30 wrote:
In post 321, catboi wrote:This is pretty meh for a vibe read, mostly because Datisi's posting aggressively left very little impression on me so far
I mean ok? That's the vibe i got, it's still early game and that's what i have thus far
Okay but my immediate thought was "is skitter TMIing Datisi town here lmao"
No, and do you have an issue with the andante read as well?
Not in a similar sense - Datisi read felt notable because most of his posting had left aggressively no impression such that the conclusion he was "chill" did not really track at all with my own impression of him. Andante read is more whatever in that I
could
see someone reaching that conclusion, as several other people have. (I'm treading more cautiously and don't think "vibes" or whatever are the best way to read her but think Datisi had a decent point)

things fall apart
flow trap
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:06 pm

Post by flow trap »

In post 671, northsidegal wrote:not sure if flow was being serious in 322 but i think that almost everything he listed for why IV was town was a personality tell rather than an alignment tell. i don't really know how relevant it is, i just found it notable.

At least I tried :<

northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:07 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 670, Datisi wrote:the question was partly formed that way to invite discussion. partly because i kind of expect some smartass to go "so you agree you're scummy? so you're scum?" and i wanted to shut that down pre-emptively, but i didn't know a good way to do that without writing the whole thing out so i decided to just start with "is it weird" and call it a day.
oh, basically saying that you townread a post which is calling you scummy even if not necessarily agreeing that you are scummy. sure, i get that.

on the subject, what's your impression of how you've played this game? do you think you've played towny, scummy, neutral / you've been playing resembling your typical towngame / scumgame?
In post 672, flow trap wrote:
In post 671, northsidegal wrote:not sure if flow was being serious in 322 but i think that almost everything he listed for why IV was town was a personality tell rather than an alignment tell. i don't really know how relevant it is, i just found it notable.

At least I tried :<
i'm not criticizing you, just disagreeing with your reasoning.

things fall apart
flow trap
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
flow trap
cy/cyber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:09 pm

Post by flow trap »

In post 673, northsidegal wrote:i'm not criticizing you, just disagreeing with your reasoning
I know and also insert semantics

Return to “Completed Open Games”