Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:01 am

Post by imaginality »

(the second and third paragraphs there aren't me making my wall post clearer, they're just follow on thoughts)
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:02 am

Post by Tanner »

i'm wondering if i should just do the thing where i ask everyone to fake vote between these two and then just go with the majority

surely nothing bad can happen right
your eyes on the city.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:03 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1112, Lukewarm wrote:Since this has been on your mind, have you noticed him doing that this game? I might iso him for read progression now
Currently doing this. Starting with his solve of imaginality+ari+toog

Spoiler: Ari trajectory
212 - ari and tanner are not t/t

217 - ari is performative

**note to self to ask about Ari wrt his sort in 268/270

399 - lim all liars wrt Ari

412- claims he did not call Ari mafia (which seems weird given all mentions of ari to this point)

859 - Ari is in his team solve

Summary, there was definitely some fence sitting in the middle, but no about face.

Spoiler: Toog trajectory
I found zero expressed thought on Toog Day 1

but in 524, he said he had gut town pings on toog day 1

Also in 524, he shifts to scum leaning because of imaginality's town case on toog

859 - Toog is in his solve.

summary, there is a turn here, but it is unexpressed before the turn, so :shrug:

Of note, if Balter flips scum, there is a clear difference in how he approached the scum read on Ari and the scum read on Toog. The approach to ari was definitly strong enough to affect her ability to win the keep. But his approach to toog isn't. Much more passive, even before the Toog rep out.

I don't ever see Baltar+Ari as partnered, but I can see Baltar+Toog. If he flips before either of the others
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:03 am

Post by Tanner »

another thing is, scum's wincon isn't "win the gate", it's "win 2/3". it did occur to me that if imaginality is scum, this game is probably deeply deeply fucked because why else is he here?
your eyes on the city.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:04 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1127, Lukewarm wrote:**note to self to ask about Ari wrt his sort in 268/270
@Baltar, when you made your sort in 268, were you trying to do a 3 towniest / 3 scummiest / 3 nullest split ?
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:05 am

Post by Tanner »

i think i now want to flip the keep first for reasons not known even to me
your eyes on the city.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:05 am

Post by imaginality »

In post 1122, VP Baltar wrote:I think we should flip the gate first maybe since it is the most discussed and my reads will bear fruit when my alignment is public
Interesting to see this post just a few posts after I remind Tanner that flipping the Keep first would show if DArby/Pav is town which would paint VP in considerably worse light.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:07 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1124, imaginality wrote:I think he waited for someone to post suspicions about him + someone else that would give him a good match up so he could build his allocations post around it. And saw your posts about us being buddies and leapt onto that.
It is insane the number of pre-planned things you've alleged I've done.

I don't see how anyone can feasibly townread this. Unless you think I'm like one of the best scum players on the site, it is crazy to think that imaginality legitimately believes the things he's posting.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:07 am

Post by Aristeia »

I would like Keep first as well <3
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:08 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1126, Tanner wrote:i'm wondering if i should just do the thing where i ask everyone to fake vote between these two and then just go with the majority

surely nothing bad can happen right
I don't think that the gate goes first.

The fact that they have both put out solves for the other two games, and most people have weighed in on their 1v1, I think they are the game that benefits the most from having flips happen first.

Been going back and forth on solving the keep or the wall first tho
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:09 am

Post by Tanner »

In post 1132, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1124, imaginality wrote:I think he waited for someone to post suspicions about him + someone else that would give him a good match up so he could build his allocations post around it. And saw your posts about us being buddies and leapt onto that.
It is insane the number of pre-planned things you've alleged I've done.

I don't see how anyone can feasibly townread this. Unless you think I'm like one of the best scum players on the site, it is crazy to think that imaginality legitimately believes the things he's posting.
you know how throughout this game you were like "but what if tanner is this 9000 IQ powerwolf who's trying to force all of the assignments in such a way to fulfill his nefarious plans!??!!?!?"

well i now get to paranoia you the same way, isn't that fun?
your eyes on the city.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:09 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1133, Aristeia wrote:I would like Keep first as well <3
Why keep > wall?
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:10 am

Post by Tanner »

my issue with the keep is like. i have no fucking clue who is scum there, lol. if i'm going with my brain, i'd want luke voted. but if i'm going with my gut, i'd want pav because goddamn i still really like the "both vp and imaginality wanted pav to be their third" idea
your eyes on the city.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:12 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1121, Tanner wrote:
In post 1113, Lukewarm wrote:I find it strange that no one else responded to RH's posts, or to my posts to him. Definitely the most interesting thing that has happened in the last couple pages from my PoV, so seems weird to see it go ignored.
i wanted to give the dude time to like, iso everyone and then present his thoughts. my first thought was "surely scum isn't this clueless when they enter the game" but i can't actually say that with any degree of certainty
I guess it depends on how much of the game he has read.

But like, if he has not read much, why is he coming out swinging this way? His take that my reads are too strong just does not make sense if he has not looked to see why I believe the things I believe.

But if he has read much, why didn't he justify his takes?
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:13 am

Post by Tanner »

but that is literally the only point in pav's favour here as i am not exactly Impressed by the rest of his stuff so like idk lol

on the other hand, flipping wall first would be nice because it gets the most difficult game out of the way. but like, i have no clue what the info from it would even do
your eyes on the city.
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:18 am

Post by Pavowski »

In post 1139, Tanner wrote:but that is literally the only point in pav's favour here as i am not exactly Impressed by the rest of his stuff so like idk lol

on the other hand, flipping wall first would be nice because it gets the most difficult game out of the way. but like, i have no clue what the info from it would even do
You probably get the most actionable info by flipping Keep first. I think I agree we learn the least from a wall flip.
Tanner wrote:my issue with the keep is like. i have no fucking clue who is scum there, lol. if i'm going with my brain, i'd want luke voted. but if i'm going with my gut, i'd want pav because goddamn i still really like the "both vp and imaginality wanted pav to be their third" idea
I don't envy you, whoever's scum here is doing a good job. At least you don't have to *actually* vote here.
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:24 am

Post by Pavowski »

In post 1140, Pavowski wrote:
In post 1139, Tanner wrote:but that is literally the only point in pav's favour here as i am not exactly Impressed by the rest of his stuff so like idk lol

You probably get the most actionable info by flipping Keep first. I think I agree we learn the least from a wall flip.
Tanner wrote:my issue with the keep is like. i have no fucking clue who is scum there, lol. if i'm going with my brain, i'd want luke voted. but if i'm going with my gut, i'd want pav because goddamn i still really like the "both vp and imaginality wanted pav to be their third" idea
I don't envy you, whoever's scum here is doing a good job. At least you don't have to *actually* vote here.
Come to think of it, I may not have to either, as Luke has expressed he's primed to vote Ari just to pre-empt her voting me? lol.

(Don't vote Ari, Luke. Double definitely don't do it just because you think I'm scum.)
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:24 am

Post by imaginality »

In post 1137, Tanner wrote:my issue with the keep is like. i have no fucking clue who is scum there, lol. if i'm going with my brain, i'd want luke voted. but if i'm going with my gut, i'd want pav because goddamn i still really like the "both vp and imaginality wanted pav to be their third" idea
You said this before too but I never said I wanted DArby? In 273 I said DArby and numberQ should go together, in 275 I suggested Toog should be the third with me and VP (i saw us as potentially T/T/T), and in 314 I said it should be you.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:26 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 1136, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1133, Aristeia wrote:I would like Keep first as well <3
Why keep > wall?
I think you are town and I think if you are flipped as town we probably win this game.

In the event you are not town, I would like it to be known earlier rather than later as it would effect what I think is happening at Wall.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:27 am

Post by Lukewarm »

I looked at this when tanner said something. There was definitely a post where you said that you were okay with you+baltar+DArby if you were at the wall, but wanted you+baltar+Tanner if you were at the gate
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:27 am

Post by RH9 »

In post 1094, Aristeia wrote:rh9 can you do a readslist with one of your cool charts?
I am working on it. However, I'm currently busy and will post one in my free time.
GTKAS: 2022, 2024

v/la every weekend

indefinite hiatus from mafia solo
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:27 am

Post by Aristeia »

I think I've put in quite a bit of work regarding what is going on at each location. I would like Tanner to know it is coming from a protown place. Even if we lose keep I think there is some value in flipping here first.
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:28 am

Post by RH9 »

In post 1093, Lukewarm wrote:RH9 - how much of the game have you read? My iso? Pavs iso? Looked at town or scum cases against either of us?

Or are you just trying to be contrary?
I have only finished ISOing some people. I am planing to look at cases against you.

v/la every weekend

RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:30 am

Post by RH9 »

In post 1101, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1093, Lukewarm wrote:RH9 - how much of the game have you read? My iso? Pavs iso? Looked at town or scum cases against either of us?

Or are you just trying to be contrary?
And what is your thoughts on numberQ / Implo.

I would have expected that to be your main focus coming into the game, since they are the ones sharing a minigame with you
I have them both at null for now. I will focus on them more in the future.

v/la every weekend

Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:31 am

Post by Tanner »

In post 1142, imaginality wrote:
In post 1137, Tanner wrote:my issue with the keep is like. i have no fucking clue who is scum there, lol. if i'm going with my brain, i'd want luke voted. but if i'm going with my gut, i'd want pav because goddamn i still really like the "both vp and imaginality wanted pav to be their third" idea
You said this before too but I never said I wanted DArby? In I said DArby and numberQ should go together, in I suggested Toog should be the third with me and VP (i saw us as potentially T/T/T), and in I said it should be you.
in 314, you also said "For the same reason if VP and I are at the Wall I'd rather DArby is with us than you." which is what i was referring to when i said you were okay with him coming along with you two
your eyes on the city.

Return to “Completed Open Games”