Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #6325 (ISO) » Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:49 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I've convinced myself that Shiro/HQ has to have at least one scum in it for this game to make sense

and the tinfoil is that's an S-S pairing

I just can't empathize with why they are so 100% locktown on each other at the end of the day, in spite of a lot of other slots being objectively townier

and then they use the fact that those other slots are townie to box me into a hole, because I didn't scumread any of Titus/STD/Galron/S_S but whenever I tried to find scum either in their pair or outside of it that was apparently scummy of me to do because in their views everyone is town except exactly Datisi/GL/Ydrasse
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6326 (ISO) » Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:49 am

Post by Alyssa The Lamb »

specifically?

I can see a world where this exact type of thought process was what the scumteam were hoping for, and that makes the most sense in a Shiro/Galron world
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #6327 (ISO) » Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:49 am

Post by Ydrasse »

so the thing about nancy is that she posted a lot of ate in slaughter hour but the ate was uh... not related to her alignment particularly? it was about other people talking around her/not directly to her which is something that had no bearing on what she was and while i thought at the time she wouldnt react like that as scum, well. Well.

here though a lot of her emotions/unhappiness do seem to be tied to being disbelieved which is more AI than slaughter hour. like she's upset /because/ her friend who she paired with doesn't trust her/believe in her and she's so upset she just wants to leave which feels like... scum nancy might get upset that her friend wants to believe but i think that the emotions might come from a different place i.e. "shiro isn't having fun with me/doesn't like me" rather than "the things that i am saying and thinking aren't being regarded as True"
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #6328 (ISO) » Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:54 am

Post by Ydrasse »

i don't think that gl/datisi has scum in it because there is like.

what is the benefit of going hm, today we are going to push marci. who is scum. and the scrutiny isn't on her but it's on norwee. so we are going to stand out here like a sore thumb. and we are risking pointing out the Real Danger that everyone is missing and then we are going to stand out like a sore thumb later while also killing one of our buddies.

it's like, ya scum bus but why rock the boat there in a game that is already focusing on you
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #6329 (ISO) » Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:57 am

Post by Ydrasse »

also r.e. why you have to flip shiro/hq sooner rather than later is that the more people alive right now are the more people who can actually kill them because at this point if he is scum he's done nothing that will make nancy leave him and if they're in final 4 it's a stalemate wherein shiro will not leave if scum harley will not leave shiro (idk maybe i'm selling her short but she's clearing him off of stuff that isn't clearing) and then whoever's there is forced to leave and roll the dice on their partner to avoid a deadline win
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #6330 (ISO) » Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:58 am

Post by Taly »

I keep returning to
Shiro
-scum, yeah.

Shiro
has done several things to have me consider that they are informed because they join a conversation at just the optimal moment to dignify their perception. The
marci
scumread. Surmising that
Ydrasse/I
won't die and then we don't. Using
Titus/Dragon's
townflip to support his solve on
Ydra/Datisi

He could be bussing one of those two and I would still worry that he's scum because of how lifeless his tone feels. His arguments are very logical and candid but there's a perspective element that often tells someone as town that seems lost on this slot. It feels like TMI, and their resignation that I'm being controlled by scum could have some influence, but they're doing very little to rectify that.

Like, if I were town thinking the IC was duped, I wouldn't plainly tell them to sheep the NK's reads, I would give an in-depth analysis on why I thought they were NKed and not prod them to any decision outside of why mine and my partner were a misfire. Plus, I'd reconsider my partner's alignment if I had reason to the previous dayphase.

This seems like a playstyle clash and I am projecting what I would do as scum on
Shiro
, because they're doing what
Taly
!scum does here, and that's about the extent of my reservation in limming. Plus hurting
Harley
WIM.
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6331 (ISO) » Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:59 am

ftr that applies to Datisi/GL too to a lesser extent

if I think RH9 is scum, I'm willing to leave
I know Taly is willing to leave if he thinks Ydrasse is scum
I'm pretty sure SS is willing to leave if Galron is consensus scum

I think GL will probably leave if he thinks Datisi is scum but I'm way less confident in the other direction
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #6332 (ISO) » Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:59 am

Post by Ydrasse »

also i feel like even if gl/dats flip and they're t/t all the things they've said won't really be looked at because firebringer's casing at eod is being treated like something that got ran over and no one wants to poke at it at all and it just gets washed away in "why did they do this or that" and frustration at ~subpar play~ or whatever gets made up
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6333 (ISO) » Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:04 am

Post by Taly »

Taly wrote:I keep returning to
Shiro
-scum, yeah.

Shiro
has done several things to have me consider that they are informed because they join a conversation at just the optimal moment to dignify their perception. The
marci
scumread. Surmising that
Ydrasse/I
won't die and then we don't. Using
Titus/Dragon's
townflip to support his solve on
Ydra/Datisi

He could be bussing one of those two and I would still worry that he's scum because of how lifeless his tone feels. His arguments are very logical and candid but there's a perspective element that often tells someone as town that seems lost on this slot. It feels like TMI, and their resignation that I'm being controlled by scum could have some influence, but they're doing very little to rectify that.

Like, if I were town thinking the IC was duped, I wouldn't plainly tell them to sheep the NK's reads, I would give an in-depth analysis on why I thought they were NKed and not prod them to any decision outside of why mine and my partner were a misfire. Plus, I'd reconsider my partner's alignment if I had reason to the previous dayphase.

This seems like a playstyle clash and I am projecting what I would do as scum on
Shiro
, because they're doing what
Taly
!scum does here, and that's about the extent of my reservation in limming. Plus hurting
Harley
WIM.
If anyone has rebuttals to this, speak now or forever hold your peace.
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6334 (ISO) » Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:05 am

idk

now that I think about it, Titus dying feels like a frame
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6335 (ISO) » Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:05 am

I wonder if Andante was influenced to initiate that push
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6336 (ISO) » Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:05 am

Post by Taly »

Does
Titus
death frame
Shiro
GL
, both, or someone else?
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6337 (ISO) » Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:06 am

The Titus/STD wagon in general, but mostly GL
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #6338 (ISO) » Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:08 am

Post by Something_Smart »

Why would Titus dying implicate the people pushing her? I would expect that scum wouldn't kill someone they think they can mis-exe.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6339 (ISO) » Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:11 am

Why would scum desperately attempt to quickkill the slot and then immediately nightkill them?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #6340 (ISO) » Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:12 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 6331, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:I think GL will probably leave if he thinks Datisi is scum but I'm way less confident in the other direction
i mean, if i thought gl was scum, i would leave

but like, i don't think he is so /shrug
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6341 (ISO) » Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:13 am

Post by Taly »

In post 6339, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:Why would scum desperately attempt to quickkill the slot and then immediately nightkill them?
If
Andante
was the only scum on it? I've definitely seen quite a few town quickwagons misfire recently... :eyes:
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6342 (ISO) » Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:14 am

Post by Taly »

I can finally reference Anything Upick :D
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #6343 (ISO) » Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:14 am

Post by Datisi »

while i still think there is non-zero to decent chance that shiro is scum, i am kinda lowkey afraid of voting out that pair, bc if they're voted out first and they're t/t, i feel like this game is completely utterly fucked because then my pair gets voted out and i'm heavily assuming it's t/t and then it's final 6 and lol

whereas if the game is deadset on killing my pair, i feel like there is this faint glimmer of hope that the game course corrects after our t/t flip

or gl flips scum and i look like a fool
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6344 (ISO) » Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:15 am

Post by Shiro »

In post 6339, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:Why would scum desperately attempt to quickkill the slot and then immediately nightkill them?
Because it woukd lock town the pair
To me:
shiro you are a charmer you were obvscum but for some reason people just wouldn't eliminate you ~Antihero
About me:
I stg this is how conversations with Lucifer go. ~Papa Zito
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6345 (ISO) » Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:16 am

Post by Taly »

In post 6343, Datisi wrote:while i still think there is non-zero to decent chance that shiro is scum, i am kinda lowkey afraid of voting out that pair, bc if they're voted out first and they're t/t, i feel like this game is completely utterly fucked because then my pair gets voted out and i'm heavily assuming it's t/t and then it's final 6 and lol

whereas if the game is deadset on killing my pair, i feel like there is this faint glimmer of hope that the game course corrects after our t/t flip

or gl flips scum and i look like a fool
I mean my tinfoil brain has definitely thought "rethink almost everything" if this flips T/T and tbh I think that mindmeld is AI.
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6346 (ISO) » Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:18 am

Post by Shiro »

Taly, I really can't rebute you because you said it yourself. We are different players. Granted I also project from time to time so I understand.

As for my timing being optimal as you say, I don't really see it especially for Ydrass since it wasn't eod that I said it. It's been my stance for a while.
To me:
shiro you are a charmer you were obvscum but for some reason people just wouldn't eliminate you ~Antihero
About me:
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6347 (ISO) » Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:19 am

Post by Shiro »

I M sad you think my posting is lifeless though :(
To me:
About me:
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #6348 (ISO) » Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:22 am

Post by RH9 »

In post 6347, Shiro wrote:I M sad you think my posting is lifeless though :(
Don't be sad. Your posting isn't 'lifeless'.
GTKAS: 2022, 2024

v/la every weekend

indefinite hiatus from mafia solo
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6349 (ISO) » Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:25 am

Post by Taly »

In post 6347, Shiro wrote:I M sad you think my posting is lifeless though :(
I don't mean as it unpleasant at all though:) I just usually see town with a lot more emotional weight in their posting and I think I've only ever played once with you and that's years back

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”