Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #7125 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:16 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

alright well I got through 65 pages of read and like I said earlier, it's just reinforced Datisi + Alyssa townreads for me

I don't TR any of RH9's early game but I think his play lategame hasn't been agenda-driven at all and I think he's town by virtue of being
off
the marci wagon

will play more tomorrow but I'd support a Ydra Yeet so far
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7126 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:21 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 7120, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:btw I saw that RH9 had a recently completed scumgame and I skimmed through parts of it

he seemed way more content-centric in that game, which leads me to believe that he's the type of scum player that's really self-conscious about his appearance

if that's a correct assessment, that's borderline clearing for him this game since I don't have that impression from him at all, at least not from a gameplay sense

I'd really just go back to the PT summary for examples of that; if you really look, the conversation about his initial reads list just kind of ends very shortly after my thoughts are out there, I don't think he ever even answered me when I asked him what he's thinking regarding his reads now that he has my thoughts on them, and it's really incongruent with that type of playstyle
You mean the one with Datisi (as Tanner) in it. Datisi (as Tanner) was the only person to catch scum!me.
GTKAS: 2022, 2024

v/la every weekend

indefinite hiatus from mafia solo
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7127 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:24 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 7126, RH9 wrote:
In post 7120, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:btw I saw that RH9 had a recently completed scumgame and I skimmed through parts of it

he seemed way more content-centric in that game, which leads me to believe that he's the type of scum player that's really self-conscious about his appearance

if that's a correct assessment, that's borderline clearing for him this game since I don't have that impression from him at all, at least not from a gameplay sense

I'd really just go back to the PT summary for examples of that; if you really look, the conversation about his initial reads list just kind of ends very shortly after my thoughts are out there, I don't think he ever even answered me when I asked him what he's thinking regarding his reads now that he has my thoughts on them, and it's really incongruent with that type of playstyle
Are you talking about the one with Datisi (as Tanner) in it? Datisi (as Tanner) was the only person to catch scum!me.
EBWOP
I rephrased the sentence.

v/la every weekend

Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #7128 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:41 am

Post by Datisi »

okay, now that
that
game is finally over, i am not feeling immensely stressed about mafia, so i will be able to focus more here. (also, if you want to see why i said "thank fuck i'm not the ic" here, just skim through my iso that game >_>)

when i was falling asleep last night, i realized that i have reasons for everyone here to not be scum.

- gl has been showing immense effort and i've been reading him as town pretty much every step of the way since like, middle of pre-dance (and also, now that i actually hammered right in open 840 and it turned out that a very similar townread of mine was correct there, i feel much better calling him town)
- alyssa would have had to powerbus andante and also craft the game around people not turning on rh9. i will check the gamestate after marci/norwee to see if that would have been truly necessary, but my first hunch is a no
- rh9, while definitely feeling like an odd player (not an insult, that definitely doesn't equal to bad), feels pretty agendaless here. while i was similarly completely unable to read his tone in open 840, i did get a feeling at times how his actions could have malicious intent behind them. here, i didn't get it at all.
- and we're left with ydrasse, whose townpoints are that i have no clue why would she pair with the ic and then bus her partners in dance one.

i guess ydrasse's reasons for being town are the weakest? i'll review this stuff when i come home this evening, should be in some 6-8 hours.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #7129 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:19 am

Post by Ydrasse »

i’m off work a little early today so when i’m home and settled i’ll write up everything on my mind here because it’s a lot
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7130 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:53 am

Post by Alyssa The Lamb »

Where is my boy taly
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7131 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:54 am

I still think it's better for him to designate the endgame pairing if we go with his leaving first

Ngl I really really really really do not want to have to deal with determining which read I'm wrong on if ydrasse is town
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #7132 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:09 am

Post by Taly »

I don't know how much help I can be if it becomes 4p with my pair having left.

Gut says it is GL/RH9 but that practically doesn't accomplish much.
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7133 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:10 am

Post by Taly »

What can I give to you that will help you?
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7134 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:14 am

Poke holes in my logic on the last page
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7135 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:27 am

It hit me today that Andante flipping scum should have shot SS to the top of my scumreads

The fact that I've gotten this feeling twice within two games is really concerning for my ability to retain the right information

Zzz
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #7136 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:30 am

Post by Ydrasse »

what information questions do people want from me i’m not home right now
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7137 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:32 am

Just thoughts on every remaining slot
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7138 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:32 am

Really anything
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #7139 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:33 am

Post by Ydrasse »

okay when i’m home

can also just share all my pt stuff or taly can if he wants too
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7140 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:36 am

Post by RH9 »

In post 7139, Ydrasse wrote:okay when i’m home

Cool. A summary will be OK.

v/la every weekend

RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7141 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:42 am

Post by RH9 »

In post 7140, RH9 wrote:
In post 7139, Ydrasse wrote:okay when i’m home

Cool. A summary will be OK.
And preferably, spoiler the summary.

v/la every weekend

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #7142 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:08 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

VoteCount 2.11

Taly - Ydrasse [0] -
Datisi - GuiltyLion [0] -
RH9 - Alyssa the Lamb [0] -

Not Voting [6]
Datisi, Ydrasse, Alyssa the Lamb, GuiltyLion, RH9, Taly

With 6 alive it takes 4 votes to execute

Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2022-01-08 02:00:00)
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7143 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:04 pm

Post by Taly »

girl you makin me WERK
In post 7081, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:
In post 6056, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:

Second Dance Ends In: (expired on 2022-01-08 02:00:00)

In post 6062, Something_Smart wrote:Well, my pet theory is that the IC almost always dies if they're partnered with town.

Taly should give his thoughts on Ydrasse, of course, but I don't feel like that pair should be endgaming.
In post 6074, Something_Smart wrote:I do not think that having voted Andante makes anyone town when it was known that FB was going to leave.
In post 6076, Something_Smart wrote:It makes Shiro look better, for sure. But not "damned obvious".
In post 6183, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 6181, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:I think the endgame with both our pairings gone is very sketchy in general
Seems to me that this mostly comes down to whether Shiro is scum. If he is then we're going to have a real hard time killing him if you and Taly are both gone.
In post 6382, Something_Smart wrote:After Shiro/HQ my tentative flip order would be Taly/Ydrasse -> GL/Dats -> RH9/Alyssa, I guess.

But I'm definitely willing to listen to Taly and Alyssa, my reads this game have not been super strong or super good.
In post 6385, Something_Smart wrote:I'm not opposed to switching around the first two. I still feel like my pair is the best chance to endgame but if not then it would probably be RH9/Alyssa.
I have very strong doubts that S_S pairs himself and his partner like that, I strongly believe that the best plan here was to stick to the S_S/Galron endgaming plan while setting up his partner to endgame if he winds up dying first
I think this can be simplified to whether we think
SS
posits a partner endgame with him, IE, try to keep
RH9
-scum as long as possible. I keep double taking when I try to discern the motive. On one hand he needs his other scum to be as safe as possible, but if he was trying to endgame and it backfired so horribly in such a short of period of time, then it couldn't have been something
SS
or his partner played to.

Still, why does he go after
Ydra
so blatantly? Trying to pull another T/T down or - the much less likely successful route - bussing
Ydra
? I think looking at his momentum in
Ydra's
read congruent to the suspicion of him lies the motive.
In post 7081, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:If Ydrasse is scum, then my previous thoughts about why Titus/STD was killed still remains as true.
Which ones, exactly?
Titus
NK was meant to throw town's scent off
Ydra
-scum?
In post 7081, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:If Datisi is scum, then the scumteam were probably hoping that they would win the 1v1 against the Shiro/HQ hydra, with them losing that giving a much harder endgame; although it's not inherently impossible since they can reasonably expect that Taly and I would both not endgame there.
I don't think
GL/Dat
-scum ever expect surviving to elo or to elo.
In post 7081, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:If RH9 is scum, then they can expect that whoever wins the 1v1 would be the next flip, and then they would have to hope that Taly can be convinced to leave Ydrasse, which I guess is a reasonable assumption
How has
RH9
been in your PT?
In post 7081, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:my other question is why S_S felt the need to go the path he did; I don't think there's very good odds that he was faking the stress he was expressing towards the end, so I think that he was legitimately feeling desperate
Suggests to me that whatever scum's plan was, they weren't going to win. So what was most likely the course of the game at that very snapshot of
SS'
stress?
In post 7082, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:I think all I did was just convince myself that Datisi is town

SHRUG
:DONK:

In post 7083, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:SO BASICALLY I'M BACK TO IT'S JUST YDRASSE
and
RH9
?
In post 7099, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:does a Datisi/S_S team have any other better kills in intermission?

my only guess would be my pairing??? I'm not even confident on that one
I think that's the only realistic guess. Unless maybe
Shiro/HQ
if they were that tilted by
Harley
In post 7103, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:atm I'm actually okay with that too
temperature check, still OK with us both leaving here?
In post 7104, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:I still want to wait until GL is done though
do you think he could be deepwolfing atp?
In post 7117, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:I've felt for a good chunk of the game that town just hasn't been really in the forefront of the game

now that I'm fairly sure that all the people who could be "deepwolf" active players are just town, it really just comes down to what player is playing the most like how the scumteam in general has been playing the game

Marcistar has been just sitting back and adding stuff, but not really anything that progresses anything
Andante has been in the background, not adding a whole lot, and started an arbitrary wagon when it became clear her time was short
S_S has been idly sheeping for most of the game and started panicking when we were turning on his wagon

I really don't think that the last scum would be doing more than that, really
Agreed, especially since this seems to point
SS
being scum's prize survivor because I don't think scumteam banks the game on
RH9/Ydra/GL
survival even with
Titus
NK.
In post 7118, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:and I think it's a lot less likely to be Datisi and RH9 since their play patterns don't entirely mesh like it

Ydrasse's does
I agree with
Dat/Ydra
but what about
RH9
?
In post 7119, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:and just like how Andante started throwing desperate plays out there, so did S_S

Andante strikes me as the type of player that would just go with whatever seems like it might work to save her own skin
S_S is much more calculating than that, I don't think he actually expected that we would turn from him onto Ydrasse at the point where he was arguing it the most intensely
Note: check early-game
SS/Ydra
interactions

I mean, I do remember
SS
being the original person saying never to voice a read on
Ydra
until intermission.

He was very complacent with a no-scumread readslist, do you think that comes from town or scum more often in this type of game?
In post 7121, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:idk if the game makes any sense to me if Ydrasse flips town

at that point it's probably my curse of always having exactly one scum I can just never catch
tbh I'm waiting for
Ydra
to reply but I am at peace with leaving atm
In post 7123, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:Idr why I was scumreading ydrasse predance
why were you?
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7144 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:10 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 7143, Taly wrote:
In post 7081, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:If RH9 is scum, then they can expect that whoever wins the 1v1 would be the next flip, and then they would have to hope that Taly can be convinced to leave Ydrasse, which I guess is a reasonable assumption
How has
RH9
been in your PT?
You should be asking me about Alyssa. She thought that Galron/S_S had to be S/S or she will be broken.

v/la every weekend

Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7145 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:11 pm

Post by Taly »

In post 7144, RH9 wrote:
How has
RH9
been in your PT?
You should be asking me about Alyssa. She thought that Galron/S_S had to be S/S or she will be broken.
And so, I do that with this post :D
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7146 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:12 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 7144, RH9 wrote:
How has
RH9
been in your PT?
I paraphrased what she actually said.

v/la every weekend

Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7147 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:40 pm

In post 7143, Taly wrote:girl you makin me WERK
In post 7081, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:
In post 6056, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:

Second Dance Ends In: (expired on 2022-01-08 02:00:00)

In post 6062, Something_Smart wrote:Well, my pet theory is that the IC almost always dies if they're partnered with town.

Taly should give his thoughts on Ydrasse, of course, but I don't feel like that pair should be endgaming.
In post 6074, Something_Smart wrote:I do not think that having voted Andante makes anyone town when it was known that FB was going to leave.
In post 6076, Something_Smart wrote:It makes Shiro look better, for sure. But not "damned obvious".
In post 6183, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 6181, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:I think the endgame with both our pairings gone is very sketchy in general
Seems to me that this mostly comes down to whether Shiro is scum. If he is then we're going to have a real hard time killing him if you and Taly are both gone.
In post 6382, Something_Smart wrote:After Shiro/HQ my tentative flip order would be Taly/Ydrasse -> GL/Dats -> RH9/Alyssa, I guess.

But I'm definitely willing to listen to Taly and Alyssa, my reads this game have not been super strong or super good.
In post 6385, Something_Smart wrote:I'm not opposed to switching around the first two. I still feel like my pair is the best chance to endgame but if not then it would probably be RH9/Alyssa.
I have very strong doubts that S_S pairs himself and his partner like that, I strongly believe that the best plan here was to stick to the S_S/Galron endgaming plan while setting up his partner to endgame if he winds up dying first
I think this can be simplified to whether we think
SS
posits a partner endgame with him, IE, try to keep
RH9
-scum as long as possible. I keep double taking when I try to discern the motive. On one hand he needs his other scum to be as safe as possible, but if he was trying to endgame and it backfired so horribly in such a short of period of time, then it couldn't have been something
SS
or his partner played to.

Still, why does he go after
Ydra
so blatantly? Trying to pull another T/T down or - the much less likely successful route - bussing
Ydra
? I think looking at his momentum in
Ydra's
read congruent to the suspicion of him lies the motive.
He was content enough to sit in the background and let us control things up until the momentum started shifting to killing his pairing.

Gun to my head that means that our current course was game winning for him (which is reasonable), while he doesn't expect scum to endgame if he dies first
In post 7081, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:If Ydrasse is scum, then my previous thoughts about why Titus/STD was killed still remains as true.
Which ones, exactly?
Titus
NK was meant to throw town's scent off
Ydra
-scum?
My idea was that Galron/Ydrasse scumteam kills Titus/STD, lets the 1v1 between GL/Dats and Shiro/HQ go on until one is removed, and then use the momentum from that TvT flip to get the other ones. Then at that point they just shade RH9 enough to get me to leave the dance and they win.
How has
RH9
been in your PT?
He's been trying to engage more than I have

I've basically abandoned the PT at this point tbh
In post 7081, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:my other question is why S_S felt the need to go the path he did; I don't think there's very good odds that he was faking the stress he was expressing towards the end, so I think that he was legitimately feeling desperate
Suggests to me that whatever scum's plan was, they weren't going to win. So what was most likely the course of the game at that very snapshot of
SS'
stress?
I don't remember if there was any momentum towards killing that pairing before I pivoted onto my Galron/Ydrasse solve, but after that there definitely was.
In post 7083, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:SO BASICALLY I'M BACK TO IT'S JUST YDRASSE
and
RH9
?
Still not really likely imo
In post 7103, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:atm I'm actually okay with that too
temperature check, still OK with us both leaving here?
Currently yeah
In post 7104, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:I still want to wait until GL is done though
do you think he could be deepwolfing atp?
if he is, he's just cherry picking things atm

I don't think the momentum of the game and how they've been acting as a duo really matches as scumpartners. If this was choreographed, it was really well done, but I simultaneously think that it would be very difficult to match emotional states and their general flow of the game together as well as they did as SvS and I think GL's overall trajectories in second dance have been town indicative
In post 7118, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:and I think it's a lot less likely to be Datisi and RH9 since their play patterns don't entirely mesh like it

Ydrasse's does
I agree with
Dat/Ydra
but what about
RH9
?
I don't get the impression that RH9 was being coached or warned about me in any way like I did Andante. I guess it's not really impossible, but I find it a bit unlikely

He was very complacent with a no-scumread readslist, do you think that comes from town or scum more often in this type of game?
that entirely depends on personality

for his specifically (at least my read of it), I think that it's town indicative
In post 7123, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:Idr why I was scumreading ydrasse predance
why were you?
I'm still trying to figure it out again, but I did find this quote during my search if it's interesting to anyone else
In post 179, Ydrasse wrote:okay i’m not in the right headspace to think right now but @taly what do you think about this, isis was the ic in the last game

Subject: Epilogue! - [Endgame]
Isis wrote:BTW among the setup abuse +EV things I want to do this game is that I want my dance partner to prod dodge in the game thread and play in the dance PT to wifom the NK
That didn't happen in wolf dance but I want it to happen.
My dance PT will be plenty fun on its own we will play chess and twenty questions and I will bring you crossword puzzles
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #7148 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:03 pm

Post by Datisi »

i said i was gonna reread

i ended up not doing that and now it's 3am and i just realized we have less time than i thought, oops

can i outsource my read for the next twelve hours to gl? he's smarter than i am anyway ok cool
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7149 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:45 pm

Post by Taly »

In an ideal world where I had the time and energy to dedicate that much, I would be ISO diving GL/Dat and putting them on spot to truly assess whether I'm OK with that pair being T/T because they've been at the center of a lot of adversity this game and tbh, I've skimmed most of it since I've always had something else at a high priority in solving or replying to.

So my biggest hesitation on them is simply a lack of diligence.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”