(2): Dwlee99, skitter30
The Bombay
(1): mastina
Shiro
(1): jjh927

Not Voting
(1): Rogue

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to eliminate.

Deadline: January 15, Midnight US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2022-01-14 21:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- :]
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:30 pm

Post by morph the cat »

White Move 3

StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:51 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

UNVOTE:

Don’t particularly like Dwlee being at 5 votes (E-2) at the moment. I really don’t want to repeat the llay that happened to me in SCP Upick.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:55 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 208, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 203, Dwlee99 wrote:I asked for flavor claim because there were people clamoring that the post restriction made no sense. It also doesn't contain any role info so not sure why you'd suspect I want that as scum.

My reads list isn't a reads list, it's a PoE but okay

And yea I started the game memeing a bit because I had just woke up from an hour and a half long nap
For those reading along, Dwlee instavotes me after I vote them and then offers this rebuttal to my reads.

They say that there is no value to be obtained in asking for a flavour claim, but that isn't true. This is a UPick gane, roles will match flavour in some manner and even if you think that is speculation, Bombay confirmed as much that it did before the claim. So it isnt speculation.

Claiming a PoE list isn't a reads list is a straight up deflection. It literally is a reads list. I can confidently say that if we killed those 6 people, I don't feel confident we win the game. That is a problem for your alignment. Saying it isn't a reads list is just disingenuous.

Giving a weak reason for why you are faffing about is ridiculous. Not only is your RL not confirmable it is also irrelevant. You are choosing to make posts that contain little more purpose than to connection build over posts that solve the game.

And it is the fact that you are essentially not solving and then generated a name of 6 people that is the problem. The act itself wouldn't be bad if the reads were good but they aren't. And without a cognitive consistency to follow to how you got to those reads, my read on you is that you threw that list of names together prepared to generate post facto reasoning for any of them upon request.

Between the OMGUS vote and the wholistic approach you are taking to the game, you read heavily like scum.
i don't really like lld's dwlee push and feel like a lot of these criticisms are overblown given the stage of hte game. in particular i don't find the 'faffing about' to be ai, and the issue with the poe readslist / not solving seems premature given that we're on p10
i'm also not sure how serious the poe even was to begin with ..

i don't really have a problem with dwlee thus far, not sure why they're the leding wagon
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:01 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 235, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Not conciliatory, evidence. The purpose of the line was to force you to accept that this has been my position on this topic regardless of my alignment for years to remove that aspect from the conversation.

I don't quite understand what you are trying to say here Tbh. It isn't shade because it is me trying to read you directly. I am applying pressure directly and then reading from that. The goal of the exercise was to get a read on you and I did.

I'm not really sure what is shady about that. There is nothing underhanded about it at all?
In post 237, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Like can you define shade for me in this context actually?

Or if you prefer I can define how I interpreted it first for you. Because this didn't feel like a case of interpretation and more a case of... Well being frank it just felt obviously not shady?

Like I really don't get it
- wrt conciliatory: fair enough, i think i read it in a different manner than you intended
- wrt the shade: felt vaguely threatening-y in that you were suggesting a scumread on people who you felt were interfering with the bombay push. given that you'd said one of the more interesting/game-related things in the game thus far, it seems a little ??? to me that you'd find it scum-indicative for people to comment there (as i think that's a natural thing for people to do), and it felt like a 'back off and don't interfere or i will scumread you' post, which didn't seem to match the context imo
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:02 pm

Post by skitter30 »

the chess game siwtching upside down on each turn is slightly disorienting, making an observation that it seems possibly vaguely related to t3
Show
Hiatus once more.

Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:14 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 279, skitter30 wrote:
In post 235, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Not conciliatory, evidence. The purpose of the line was to force you to accept that this has been my position on this topic regardless of my alignment for years to remove that aspect from the conversation.

I don't quite understand what you are trying to say here Tbh. It isn't shade because it is me trying to read you directly. I am applying pressure directly and then reading from that. The goal of the exercise was to get a read on you and I did.

I'm not really sure what is shady about that. There is nothing underhanded about it at all?
In post 237, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Like can you define shade for me in this context actually?

Or if you prefer I can define how I interpreted it first for you. Because this didn't feel like a case of interpretation and more a case of... Well being frank it just felt obviously not shady?

Like I really don't get it
- wrt conciliatory: fair enough, i think i read it in a different manner than you intended
- wrt the shade: felt vaguely threatening-y in that you were suggesting a scumread on people who you felt were interfering with the bombay push. given that you'd said one of the more interesting/game-related things in the game thus far, it seems a little ??? to me that you'd find it scum-indicative for people to comment there (as i think that's a natural thing for people to do), and it felt like a 'back off and don't interfere or i will scumread you' post, which didn't seem to match the context imo
It was that Bombay had not even commented yet themselves before you stepped in, if that wasn't clear I apologize.

It's not "never comment on this" it's "why are you commenting on this before I even see how Bombay reacts to the pressure?" which is why I indicated it was scum indicative (it has often been) to have that happen. The point of the message was to say I have my eyes on you for doing that specific thing, and see how you (and JJH) responded to it. It's less like... "you're not allowed to comment, so be quiet!" and more "okay, so you chose to comment before Bombay, giving them an easy out to lean on you (and JJH) making the pressure on that slot useless. Let's use the momentum and redirect to still try and learn something.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:20 pm

Post by jjh927 »

In post 257, T3 wrote:
In post 133, jjh927 wrote:You don't need to flavourclaim
I think you should have said enough to satisfy people already
VOTE: jjh
This reeks of whiteknighting. Especially because LLD is a very loud player.
Elaborate

You are free to call out "whiteknighting" if you like. Without pointing out any cool buzzwords, what makes you think this is scum aligned behaviour in this instance?
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:22 pm

Post by jjh927 »

In post 280, skitter30 wrote:the chess game siwtching upside down on each turn is slightly disorienting, making an observation that it seems possibly vaguely related to t3
The chess game is being played out on lichess by the looks of things. The board is switching every turn to show the perspective of the player playing each move
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:24 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 281, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:It was that Bombay had not even commented yet themselves before you stepped in, if that wasn't clear I apologize.

It's not "never comment on this" it's "why are you commenting on this before I even see how Bombay reacts to the pressure?" which is why I indicated it was scum indicative (it has often been) to have that happen. The point of the message was to say I have my eyes on you for doing that specific thing, and see how you (and JJH) responded to it. It's less like... "you're not allowed to comment, so be quiet!" and more "okay, so you chose to comment before Bombay, giving them an easy out to lean on you (and JJH) making the pressure on that slot useless. Let's use the momentum and redirect to still try and learn something.
ok, fair enough, and i appreciate you takign the time to explain
that was the vibe i got tho and that's why it felt like shade - a vague general 'your actions are scum indicative' when i'm not sure 'commenting on the bombay push before they responded' really is

~
irregardless of that i also don't really like either of your bombay or dwlee pushes so i'm fairly content with my vote for rn

pedit ah makes sense
Show
Hiatus once more.

jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:36 pm

Post by jjh927 »

If you want a bit of amateur analysis on the chess game I can oblige as it progresses

Obviously we're not far in here but white has a bit of an edge positionally as they've developed more
Black probably wants to play knight g6 but that blocks off an important diagonal for developing the dark bishop and the queen, whereas white has established early control of the centre
Plenty of room for it to play out though given this is just openings and I can't really gauge the skill of the players at all at this stage

I think the thing I am going to try to gauge in particular is how similar in skill the players are, because the closer it is the more likely it is that it's one person playing against themself
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:36 pm

Post by jjh927 »

In post 285, jjh927 wrote:If you want a bit of amateur analysis on the chess game I can oblige as it progresses

Obviously we're not far in here but white has a bit of an edge positionally as they've developed more
Black probably wants to play knight
f6
but that blocks off an important diagonal for developing the dark bishop and the queen, whereas white has established early control of the centre
Plenty of room for it to play out though given this is just openings and I can't really gauge the skill of the players at all at this stage

I think the thing I am going to try to gauge in particular is how similar in skill the players are, because the closer it is the more likely it is that it's one person playing against themself
ebwop
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:37 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 284, skitter30 wrote:
In post 281, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:It was that Bombay had not even commented yet themselves before you stepped in, if that wasn't clear I apologize.

ok, fair enough, and i appreciate you takign the time to explain
that was the vibe i got tho and that's why it felt like shade - a vague general 'your actions are scum indicative' when i'm not sure 'commenting on the bombay push before they responded' really is

~
irregardless of that i also don't really like either of your bombay or dwlee pushes so i'm fairly content with my vote for rn

pedit ah makes sense
I'd love to hear why you think the Dwlee push is bad.

The Bombay push was an RVS get info push, I'm not really set on it. You may have seen me do similar in Mtn Dew Mafia before I outed as IC wrt Dunn.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:38 pm

Post by skitter30 »

Fwiw i know nothing abt chess and my theory is that its two people playing, perhaps someone picked something like r/anarchychess, which would be fun
@lld on phone now but i talked abt the dwlee thing right before the post where i talked abt the shade thing
Show
Hiatus once more.

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:41 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 288, skitter30 wrote:Fwiw i know nothing abt chess and my theory is that its two people playing, perhaps someone picked something like r/anarchychess, which would be fun
@lld on phone now but i talked abt the dwlee thing right before the post where i talked abt the shade thing
I think this is the case cause anarchychess was my first choice but I didn't get it
I prefer they, thanks :)
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:44 pm

Post by jjh927 »

I am not bad at chess but I do not subscribe to any chess subreddits and thus it was not one of my picks
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:47 pm

Post by jjh927 »

My current guess is that it's the mods playing against each other for some reason
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:48 pm

Post by skitter30 »

hmmm maybe, i feel like it's player controlled
maybe someone picked r/anarchychess and someone else picked r/chess and they have been pitted in a chess match against each other
Show
Hiatus once more.

jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:56 pm

Post by jjh927 »

I'm gonna go to bed

I'm wfh tomorrow so might pop into this game occasionally, particularly if T3 shows up because I will now state my intention to shake him down and see if a town thought process falls out
That Idiot Ivan
That Idiot Ivan
Goon
That Idiot Ivan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:56 pm

Post by That Idiot Ivan »

Having read the progression of the The Bombay push and the fallout arguments, and then reading ISOs separately, I think jjh and Dwlee look the worst. (yes, a very novel opinion, etc.)

Looking over the game as a whole, I want more useful content from Shiro. She (? correct me if another pronoun is preferred) doesn't have anything useful on board. I'm also assuming Ydrasse will come smack Pooky upside the head and give us actual game content too, although I'm less freaked there since it's Pooky and The Bombay aside, I don't see these mods giving a 'no words' type posting restriction.
In post 190, StrangeMatter wrote:I'm back after my flight, catching up. There is something I do have noted that is probably worth coming back to later.
Later yet? I'm curious.

Right now I'm (very) cautiously townreading LLD for how she's gone about her pushes. I need to look at more of her scum games to have a better idea of whether I'm townreading her for real stuff or personality. I think part of the townsense is because I'm lightly townreading The Bombay, and if this was scum-LLD pushing them, I don't think she'd back off and pivot so quickly. Her force of personality here is stronger than theirs and the way she dropped that thread of the push felt like town-her more.

I'm not ready to give up my RVS vote on mastina with the three-player mafia comment. She's modded games with unexpected scum numbers; I think in a game like this where complexity is likely, it's a very narrow-minded comment to make from her. I also dislike the proxy vote thing on principle, but that's NAI. Like Cakez, I want to see where she goes.

Too many null-pings for me is where I'm at. (Mala > notscience), skitter30, T3 are my town pings.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:02 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 262, T3 wrote:I have no idea where the townreads on Rogue are coming from.
I have no idea where a lack of Rogue townreads would come from.
In post 244, StrangeMatter wrote:Why you have me as town but unsure here?
Gut, which feels appropriate. You looked vaguely town by gut, but not strongly enough to be locktown.
In post 178, Rogue wrote:Which reads in particular, mastina?
All of them? , , , . Did I miss any? Because
all
of those suck, and are precisely what I said: I don't think any of their reads are genuine. Their reads all look faked, surface-level, and forced. It looks more like trying to appear as scumhunting, rather than being genuine scumhunting.
In post 200, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
vote:dwlee
While I'm not convinced, a promise is a promise;
VOTE: Dwlee99
It's at least
plausible
Dwlee could be scum. (Dwlee's mostly a null, the townread I had was mostly Bombay's shitty Dwlee vote.)
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:06 pm

Post by skitter30 »

mastina i gotta say i disagree with you on the bombay's reads looking forced, and i'm not really into this whole vote-proxy thing either
Show
Hiatus once more.

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:19 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 296, skitter30 wrote:mastina i gotta say i disagree with you on the bombay's reads looking forced, and i'm not really into this whole vote-proxy thing either
Respectfully, you also think LLD is scum, and I very much don't, so. You and I seem to be on entirely opposite pages.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:51 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 93, skitter30 wrote:
In post 90, That Idiot Ivan wrote:SirCakez is concerning.
Hmmm, why?

Also curious abt the chess game
why do you always go to bat for me?
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:53 pm

Post by SirCakez »

VOTE: jjh here this guy is pinging me like crazy
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”