The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:17 am

Post by The Three Bears »

Spoiler:
In post 57, Roden wrote:
In post 55, Noraa wrote:
In post 53, Roden wrote:I think you're reading too much into RVS.

VOTE: StrangeMatter
I also think you are scum. Tell me why Strange matter is scum and you aren't "reading too much into RVS" or is that just another RVS vote?
For bonus points, figure out why I think you are scum
Kinda figured I was one of your three.

I have no way of knowing why Strange is scum, the game just started. I just put a vote on them to see what would happen.

Pretty sure I know why you think I'm scum. I won't entertain your reasoning though because it's pretty flimsy, and we both know you're just gauging me anyway.
Noraa wrote:
In post 51, Roden wrote:
In post 44, Noraa wrote:I currently have three scum reads life is just beautiful ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Three scum reads this early? What's your metric?
metric?
How much/how little it takes for something to ping you.
In post 65, Roden wrote:
In post 63, Noraa wrote:
In post 57, Roden wrote:How much/how little it takes for something to ping you.
even the faintest sense that scum is nearby can ping me
That sounds like a pretty useless scum radar to me. Townies do scummy shit all the time.
In post 62, Noraa wrote:
In post 57, Roden wrote:Pretty sure I know why you think I'm scum. I won't entertain your reasoning though because it's pretty flimsy, and we both know you're just gauging me anyway.
Mind telling me what my flimsy reasoning is? or at least why you think I SR you? I do but you can get town points for answering correctly :D
I don't think your town points mean much if I can get scum points just for commenting on Bakslash's post.
In post 68, Roden wrote:
In post 64, Noraa wrote:Roden are you a newbie? tell me a bit about your mafia experience please!
I am, I just read up a bunch on the game over the past couple months. Mainly just the wiki, but also some Newbie games and example games. Never really played post-by-post Mafia until joining this site though. I've played Mafia casually as a party game with friends though.
Noraa wrote:
In post 65, Roden wrote:I don't think your town points mean much if I can get scum points just for commenting on Bakslash's post.
you think I scum read you solely because of that?
If my vote on Strange pinged you then your points really do mean nothing. Scum doesn't hop on wagons that are DoA.
In post 69, Roden wrote:
In post 67, Noraa wrote:Rather than constantly discrediting me, I'd appreciate if you just answered my questions. Because if you are town here, you are making me SR you far more than you would if you just answered questions instead of being super defensive. I haven't even told you why I SR you. Relax and answer my questions. I have yet to give a solid read. Currently I only have suspicions but they mean nothing if I end up thinking you are town. If you are town, you have nothing to worry about.
Your attempts at intimidating me aren't gonna work, sorry. Your question has zero calories and adds nothing to the game. Telling me to relax when you're the one getting riled up is some interesting projection though.
In post 78, Roden wrote:
In post 72, Noraa wrote:
In post 43, Roden wrote:Not sure what to think of Bakslash avoiding participating in RVS.
I think scum would want to blend in and throw a random vote out though
This was the first post that I had an issue with. It looks pretty simple upon first seeing it but I keep getting ominous feelings from it. I worry because it feels like it has ulterior motives to it. Calling out Bakslash is so random and specific given at this point in time there were multiple players who hadn't even posted. What makes you think bakslash is specifically avoiding? The part that worries me the most is the bolded part. I keep getting ominous feelings because it feels very .... idk tricky and slippery. Like I feel like its very simple and straightforward but it's also kind of saying "look I didn't just throw a random vote out to blend in. I must be town" and that level of the simplest manipulation really just makes me think noob scum.
I'm biased because noob scum me was 100% like that but I understand not all newbies are like me. But I just keep getting ominous feelings about this post. Idk this is one of my biggest issues with you atm. Lets talk this out please.
I think there's just a misunderstanding here. For one, I did vote randomly. The Bulge isn't my actual hero solve lol. And second, I commented on Bakslash because he only made one post then dipped without voting. It made him stick out for me, and it clearly was the same for Bulge since he also brought that post up.

Also, you're not the first person to try to make a case against me by saying "well that's what I would do", but every time someone's tried that we've always both been town.
The progression from shock that I had three scum reads to being like "I figured I was one of them" read kind of self conscious and fake.
I'm more worried about the fake part since i guess I could see town thinking I was talking about them and brushing it off to not seem self conscious. I totally see that since I do that occasionally and subconsciously a lot of the time also.

To clarify, the fake part is kinda like the asking what my metric was which is not something I typically would expect town to ask there because idk it feels like covering up fakeness(the shock). I might be reading too much into this tbh.
I mean, I figured I kinda had to be one of them if only five people were talking and you town read one of them. It's just process of elimination at that point since I doubt you'd be scum reading Bakslash or anyone who hadn't even posted yet.

Also wasn't really shock on my part but rather skepticism. Some body claiming to have three scum reads by post 44 and during RVS is either trying too hard to look town or they're seeing things that aren't there. At least IMO.

I asked for your metric for scum hunting because, again, three scum reads this early into the game doesn't sound like it can be based much of anything substantial.
This was all SOOOO defensive. I'm not a fan but I don't feel as strongly about this post since I've seen defensive townies that will discredit as a way to defend themselves.
That's not defensive, that's dismissive. Do you really think me answering a trivia question is worth actual town points?
Noraa wrote:
In post 69, Roden wrote:
In post 67, Noraa wrote:Rather than constantly discrediting me, I'd appreciate if you just answered my questions. Because if you are town here, you are making me SR you far more than you would if you just answered questions instead of being super defensive. I haven't even told you why I SR you. Relax and answer my questions. I have yet to give a solid read. Currently I only have suspicions but they mean nothing if I end up thinking you are town. If you are town, you have nothing to worry about.
Your attempts at intimidating me aren't gonna work, sorry. Your question has zero calories and adds nothing to the game. Telling me to relax when you're the one getting riled up is some interesting projection though.
Man are you defensive. Oh well I'll still try to work with you if I believe you are town. We'll see :)
Again, dismissive, not defensive. I'm an aggressive player and don't mind it from other players, but you're being aggressive just for the sake of it. Like getting riled up over a question but then talking down to me and generally being condescending because I didn't do what you wanted. I don't think it's unfair for me to not respond positively to that.

Not saying you have to play nice, but if you go into attack mode over RVS then I can only offer back what you're giving me.
a beary good hydra \o/
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:18 am

Post by T3 »

In post 772, NorwegianboyEE wrote:T3, that is called cherrypicking games. You can see a lot of games where i act pissy towards those that scumread me as town.
link?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:18 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 771, T3 wrote:
In post 769, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Yeah T3 is looking pretty bad.
also a little bit of opportunism
Kinda like how i’ve felt it was a bit opportunistic that you posted that i was scum after Tet said it.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:20 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

@norbear

it looks like he's actually trying to argue against the points made against him in that spoiler which he is specifically avoiding in this game?????
The Three Bears
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:22 am

In post 779, Save The Dragons wrote:@norbear

it looks like he's actually trying to argue against the points made against him in that spoiler which he is specifically avoiding in this game?????
But he's often like not responding to the argument directly. He's sort of changing the argument in his head and then replying to that.
a beary good hydra \o/
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:24 am

i think there's a difference between changing the argument in your head and throwing it out the window while taking potshots from your position
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:24 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 777, T3 wrote:
In post 772, NorwegianboyEE wrote:T3, that is called cherrypicking games. You can see a lot of games where i act pissy towards those that scumread me as town.
link?
Any game i’ve ever been in.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: IT/ITS
Location: Everett-Wheeler Branch Q-5992-CLF3, Third Mouth of the Worm

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:24 am

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

tbh it looks similar EXCEPT FOR stealing the words of other players for his points whiiiiiiich he did in this game when i called roden v dragons a shitfight he started using that wording to dismiss everyone so like.... ok
The Three Bears
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:28 am

In post 781, Save The Dragons wrote:i think there's a difference between changing the argument in your head and throwing it out the window while taking potshots from your position
Maybe but the taking potshots part is definitely present in that game. If you think he's still scum, that's fine. I just think it's important to bring up that meta.
a beary good hydra \o/
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:46 am

i don't think this is t3 scum but i could be wrong
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:52 am

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

In post 785, Save The Dragons wrote:i don't think this is t3 scum but i could be wrong
Lay out the gamestate as /you/ see it for me? I think I see a couple potential points of disconnect which could help us bridge the gap one way or another. Shrike thinks T3's scum, I do too, but I'm less certain and I'm wondering if you're parsing part of the gamestate more clearly than we are, or if you're misinterpreting what we're saying about T3.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:04 am

t3 has fooled me more than once so take my word with a grain of salt but
In post 381, T3 wrote:
In post 379, Save The Dragons wrote:this is like the first time ever i tr norwee and everyone's sus on him smh
he lacks energy tbh
this read seems legit

i like the evolution on you and don't really begrudge anyone for scumreading you in the first place (i think it's incorrect but not unreasonable)
In post 673, T3 wrote:mastina does a lot of hocus pocus to get her reads and trying to read her off of her reads is just bad
i like this take

just a lot of little things about his posting so far i agree with
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:05 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I will give T3 one thing.
I think he’s tried to pocket me in every single game where he is scum, and not doing that here.

- Bunno
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:10 am

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

I think I need a broader view still Dragons. Like, your personal thoughts on the three major contentious slots (which I'd define as Ceph, Irch, Bears right now) would help me understand how you're parsing T3's content also.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:29 am

ceprhir

for those who don't know, cephrir is my fiance

i am fairly confident i can read him but i need a little more time. right now i'm leaning town but i think if he's scum he'll make a tell i'll recognize. i do feel i'm being a little overconfident so i'm taking other people's opinions seriously especially those of people who know him.

Ircher

Ircher i think we picked up on the same scumminess with his vote of bell and his kind of awkward "well what secrets are YOU hiding" since then i've felt a little better about his posts but i think they could still come from scum. his play has been a little 1 dimensional in terms of scumreading you and not doing much else.

Bears

I don't really know about bears. three different personalities is hard to parse. I know noraa's really charismatic and i think she could do a lot to fuck with my head. Flea hasn't posted much but i feel i can read fae the best out of all three so i want to see fae post more. Titus said something that pinged me. I just got done playing a game where Titus was obvtown and i think that she's not being that here so i'm a little wary but i'm also guessing titus can't be obvtown all the time and that's okay

i want to wait and see with them mostly, i think they'll slip up as scum
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:35 am

i also admit atm i'm distracted by rodenscum so i haven't been looking too hard at other slots yet
The Three Bears
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:46 am

In post 790, Save The Dragons wrote:I know noraa's really charismatic and i think she could do a lot to fuck with my head.
you typically scum read me when im town and then town read me when im scum. so yeah waiting for faerie bear might be a good idea. momma bear is being obvtown IMO but she's also pretty busy rn as she mentioned earlier so yeah.
a beary good hydra \o/
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:48 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

An hydras opinion of the allignment of their own hydra partner is useful indeed.

- Bunno
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:52 am

In post 536, The Three Bears wrote:
In post 535, Cephrir wrote:Second: no, she can't. If you expect logic from everyone you are not going to like mastina.
You must work for Samsonite because you're giving me a lot of baggage.

~Mama
In post 629, The Three Bears wrote:This Roden argument is more pendantic than legal definitions defining what a search is. Let's not split hairs.

~Mama
it's comments like these that ping me but i'm not confident in that read, just thought i'd share what was pinging me about titus
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:49 am

Post by Bell »

I think STD has earned a solid town read.
Didn't think that would be the early town read of the game, but I will take it, happily.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:50 am

Post by Bell »

...19 more players to sort!
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:50 am

i don't want townreads i want roden votes
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:50 am

Post by Bell »

VOTE: Arcade Pals
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:52 am

Post by Bell »

In post 797, Save The Dragons wrote:i don't want townreads i want roden votes
This feels a little fake, but I shall not be dismayed.

*ignores request for Roden votes*

For now at least.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”