fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:56 am

Post by fua »

I’m modest. Also the scum game win had 8 replace outs (no exaggeration) and the vig killed a confirmed townie. What Hobbes is implying is that not only did I jump into a conversation out of nowhere (which isn’t true since Ceph explicitly referred to me), but that my solo naked vote on him was scum-indicative and an attempt to turn focus off of my slot.

Also I’m using an alt and wanted to hide my identity there just in case. So who knows whether I was being honest or not?
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:00 am

Post by Shirou »

If it's still not obvious my point, I do believe "cognitive dissonance" is a scum tell and a very good one while we're at that.

It's not actual IRL "cognitive dissonance" since the tell is to compare someone's opinion from a time where you know they were telling the truth to their opinion in a game you're uncertain of their alignment (and if there's a difference between their views, opinions or mentality, they are more likely than not scum).

However the reason I'm not voting you yet is because I'm not recognizing it at the moment as a "without-a-doubt cognitive dissonance". I do think there's possible explanations for what happened and I'm engaging you in hope of you saying something that can help me either throw away this pet tell or to confirm it as something worthy of a read.

p-edit: gonna reply that in a bit
"Que será, será. Whatever will be, will be."

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
~Firebringer on town!Shirou
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
~town!Norwee jokes about scum!Shirou's actual plan
(Aka Volpe14)
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:01 am

Post by fua »

I fully admit to at least some cognitive dissonance but it’s not a scumtell given my above post.
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:07 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 350, fua wrote:I’m modest. Also the scum game win had 8 replace outs (no exaggeration) and the vig killed a confirmed townie.
Exactly, and it's why I thought that even if you had gained some confidence from winning, you wouldn't likely be as confident as you seemed in that other post given town was in quite a mess there.
In post 350, fua wrote:What Hobbes is implying is that not only did I jump into a conversation out of nowhere (which isn’t true since Ceph explicitly referred to me), but that my solo naked vote on him was scum-indicative and an attempt to turn focus off of my slot.

Also I’m using an alt and wanted to hide my identity there just in case.
So who knows whether I was being honest or not?
heh...

I see how it is

I'll drop the subject then, I'm satisfied with the answer for now.

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
(Aka Volpe14)
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:10 am

Post by fua »

Okay then.
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:16 am

Post by Shirou »

hmm

you guys seem to not have liked rajete unvote but I'm boldly gonna unvote anyway for a similar reason.

If I was forced to dayvig someone right now GL would be one of the top contenders due to their entry posts, but at the moment I'm not giving it too much weight (maybe I'll change my mind on this, I'm kinda still mulling over it). So, it's basically a RVS vote and to be fair I want to make a meta of me not participating in RVS/voting for pressure as well, I just couldn't resist voting the hydra at the start to engage them and throwing a vote to GL to catch even if just a little bit of his attention (I want to correctly read you here heh).

UNVOTE:

I kinda want to become someone that rarely throws around his vote, so that when I do finally vote someone it's supposed to be given proper attention. I used to throw around my vote too much before and people would gradually get less interested on my pushes because of that, especially when I would change my mind multiple times midway through the wagon.

also I'm overexplaining to quote this on my future town games. And yes I guess it's kinda LAMIST. And self-aware fua! (wink wink)

(Aka Volpe14)
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:18 am

Post by fua »

You can expect me to throw my vote around wherever I please.
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:33 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 356, fua wrote:You can expect me to throw my vote around wherever I please.
I don't have a read on you yet but I think I know more or less better than before in how to approach your slot now.

I still don't know how to approach Tejate though, like Cephrir said before, the way he phrases some stuff seems purposeless and trying too hard to come off as "I'm town trying to solve the game", but at the same time I feel that newbie energy from him that tells me it may simply be his personality.

but
@Tejate
, I'm kinda curious, why do you keep saying fua/other people is "tying up" your/Cephrir slots? I tried to but couldn't find any posts that seem like they are trying to "tie up" your slot with another one. Could you perhaps show me some posts that made you think that?

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:36 am

Post by Shirou »

also fua, do you've any takes on Tejate? You didn't seem to talk too much about him even though he's one of he most popular topics (and I think you gave your take on most other popular topics in the thread).

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:38 am

Post by Shirou »

oh and for last raichu is one of my favorite pokemons so I ask of you to be town so that I can see your cute avi for longer

please and thank you Tejate

(Aka Volpe14)
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:52 am

Post by fua »

In post 358, Shirou wrote:also fua, do you've any takes on Tejate? You didn't seem to talk too much about him even though he's one of he most popular topics (and I think you gave your take on most other popular topics in the thread).
Probably town unless he's scum fucking around. I dunno yet.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:59 am

Post by fua »

I think the amount of people saying they scumread me or that they'll watch me closely is a little insincere. This post in particular with the follow-up vote seems like a pile-on with poor reasoning that's opportunistic at best and scum-indicative at worst.
In post 298, implosion wrote:nQ townish imo.
In post 295, fua wrote:I don’t think I like this interaction. You feel too overexplainy.
The phrasing of this post is weird. What do you hope to get from Ceph by telling him that he is too overexplainy?
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:59 am

Post by fua »

I can see implosion and GL as a scum pairing.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:06 am

Post by fua »

In post 357, Shirou wrote:
In post 356, fua wrote:You can expect me to throw my vote around wherever I please.
I don't have a read on you yet but I think I know more or less better than before in how to approach your slot now.

I still don't know how to approach Tejate though, like Cephrir said before, the way he phrases some stuff seems purposeless and trying too hard to come off as "I'm town trying to solve the game", but at the same time I feel that newbie energy from him that tells me it may simply be his personality.

but
@Tejate
, I'm kinda curious, why do you keep saying fua/other people is "tying up" your/Cephrir slots? I tried to but couldn't find any posts that seem like they are trying to "tie up" your slot with another one. Could you perhaps show me some posts that made you think that?
To add on to the last part, I don’t think I’ve said Tejate’s name even once before now.
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:23 am

Post by Tejate Raichu »

Goooood morning, looks like there was a bit of discussion on my slot. Let me go make some breakfast and I'll play catchup in about an hour from now.
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:21 am

Post by numberQ »

I'm curious how Shirou and fua view each other after that exchange. Maybe I'm mistaken but none of that looked like attempts to solve the game state or sort each other's alignment. Shirou's questioning was very directed so I have to imagine he got something out of it, and he even said he was satisfied with the answers he got.

So my question more explicitly is, do either of you lean more town or scum on the other after that conversation?
Hey!
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:31 am

Post by Tejate Raichu »

Alright, let's take this one by one. I'm feeling pretty good this morning compared to last night.

but
@Tejate
Three, actually. Maybe it was just me seeing shadows where there weren't any on account of feeling pretty groggy, but I'll point them out anyways.

Spoiler: Ceph/Tejate
In post 273, numberQ wrote:The interaction between Tejate and Ceph from 238 on is pinging me. 238 itself does strike me as a lot of nothing that
could
be scum indicative. Ceph calling him out on it though, for some reason I didn't like it even though I generally agreed with the sentiment. And overall I feel like Tejate is coming out of that back and forth looking towny, and Ceph null-scum.
Do not like this post. At all. I understand trying to read intent through wording, but what about Ceph's wording here was weird? Even I admit that I was shooting myself in the foot last night by letting LAMIST slip through more than actual town play. It was hardly a push, let alone an argument, so why is this perceived as AI?
In post 323, numberQ wrote:I want to TR Tejate because he does seem earnest. Plus I don't see S/S in Tejate + Ceph, and currently I like Ceph for scum. But I feel like Tejate isn't, I don't know, rocking the boat at all? I guess you don't have to do that to be town, but when I read most of his posts it feels kind of narrow and flat. I'm not seeing anything that makes me think "oh yeah, he's trying to pursue lines of thought and look for new angles to solve from".

Should probably re-ISO him but I'm out of time tonight, likely won't be on again until tomorrow.
Again, I'm not sure what gives nQ the impression that it's not S/S? Like, yes, statistically speaking if you take any two random players the chances of it being two scum are low, but what exactly is giving them this impression that a scum!Ceph means that town!Me is likely? Once again, I would like to emphasize that so far myself and Ceph have barely interacted, and our interaction so far was mainly because we both happened to be on the thread at the same time. As much as I'd love to take this townread and go, this argument genuinely pings me as strange. I would
really
like some elaboration.
In post 311, GuiltyLion wrote:actually though I am thinking fua's jump in is worse than Ceph's push

I townread Tejate, but I can imagine Ceph being town misfiring on him. I think if that was a T-T spat, fua's play vibes like scum looking for a distraction outside the scrutiny their own slot is receiving, and leveraging Tejate/Ceph to do it

VOTE: fua
For this post it's less the post itself and more the implications of it that set me off. I think this one I might have actually misread into thinking Guilty was implying our alignments should be tied. The least interesting post of the three for me, but I'll list it here so I can show you where my wild conspiracy theories are coming from.

I'm still not really sure I understand this push against Ceph now that I'm looking back with a clearer head. He didn't really make even a soft push against my slot, just some mild shade which I barely even acknowledged. From my perspective, it makes it difficult to see these arguments as anything but weird.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:37 am

Post by fua »

In post 365, numberQ wrote:I'm curious how Shirou and fua view each other after that exchange. Maybe I'm mistaken but none of that looked like attempts to solve the game state or sort each other's alignment. Shirou's questioning was very directed so I have to imagine he got something out of it, and he even said he was satisfied with the answers he got.

So my question more explicitly is, do either of you lean more town or scum on the other after that conversation?
Shirou’s questioning felt weird as you can see by my reaction right there. I was clearly having none of it. I would say he fell a little as far as reasonable doubt goes since he clearly did research on my past games, but I also have three more pressing scumreads first.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:38 am

Post by fua »

In post 366, Tejate Raichu wrote:Alright, let's take this one by one. I'm feeling pretty good this morning compared to last night.

but
@Tejate
Three, actually. Maybe it was just me seeing shadows where there weren't any on account of feeling pretty groggy, but I'll point them out anyways.

Spoiler: Ceph/Tejate
In post 273, numberQ wrote:The interaction between Tejate and Ceph from 238 on is pinging me. 238 itself does strike me as a lot of nothing that
could
be scum indicative. Ceph calling him out on it though, for some reason I didn't like it even though I generally agreed with the sentiment. And overall I feel like Tejate is coming out of that back and forth looking towny, and Ceph null-scum.
Do not like this post. At all. I understand trying to read intent through wording, but what about Ceph's wording here was weird? Even I admit that I was shooting myself in the foot last night by letting LAMIST slip through more than actual town play. It was hardly a push, let alone an argument, so why is this perceived as AI?
In post 323, numberQ wrote:I want to TR Tejate because he does seem earnest. Plus I don't see S/S in Tejate + Ceph, and currently I like Ceph for scum. But I feel like Tejate isn't, I don't know, rocking the boat at all? I guess you don't have to do that to be town, but when I read most of his posts it feels kind of narrow and flat. I'm not seeing anything that makes me think "oh yeah, he's trying to pursue lines of thought and look for new angles to solve from".

Should probably re-ISO him but I'm out of time tonight, likely won't be on again until tomorrow.
Again, I'm not sure what gives nQ the impression that it's not S/S? Like, yes, statistically speaking if you take any two random players the chances of it being two scum are low, but what exactly is giving them this impression that a scum!Ceph means that town!Me is likely? Once again, I would like to emphasize that so far myself and Ceph have barely interacted, and our interaction so far was mainly because we both happened to be on the thread at the same time. As much as I'd love to take this townread and go, this argument genuinely pings me as strange. I would
really
like some elaboration.
In post 311, GuiltyLion wrote:actually though I am thinking fua's jump in is worse than Ceph's push

I townread Tejate, but I can imagine Ceph being town misfiring on him. I think if that was a T-T spat, fua's play vibes like scum looking for a distraction outside the scrutiny their own slot is receiving, and leveraging Tejate/Ceph to do it

VOTE: fua
For this post it's less the post itself and more the implications of it that set me off. I think this one I might have actually misread into thinking Guilty was implying our alignments should be tied. The least interesting post of the three for me, but I'll list it here so I can show you where my wild conspiracy theories are coming from.

I'm still not really sure I understand this push against Ceph now that I'm looking back with a clearer head. He didn't really make even a soft push against my slot, just some mild shade which I barely even acknowledged. From my perspective, it makes it difficult to see these arguments as anything but weird.
I know you’re flattered and all, but I didn’t push Ceph because of you and I fail to see how you could ever get that impression.
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:40 am

Post by Tejate Raichu »

In post 368, fua wrote: I know you’re flattered and all, but I didn’t push Ceph because of you and I fail to see how you could ever get that impression.
If you notice, I actually included 0 of your posts under that spoiler, so I'm not sure what warranted this response.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:42 am

Post by fua »

Why do you uphold that I was trying to tie your slots to each other if I never even mentioned you?
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:43 am

Post by fua »

In post 301, Tejate Raichu wrote:I just got back after an extended F5 break so I still need to sort out my thoughts, but man this timeline is looking... very weird so far. I'm still not sure I fully understand fua's logic here. How exactly was Ceph "overexplainy"? And why are you tying our alignments together? The most major interaction we've had so far is me asking him if he has anything that stood out for discussion since I felt like post 172/173 were pretty weak threads but I couldn't find much else.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:45 am

Post by fua »

What if it’s SvS and you slipped because your alignments ARE tied to each other? :nerd:
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:48 am

Post by Tejate Raichu »

Okay, fair enough. In hindsight that was a pretty dumb thing to imply on my part, I did actually read your ISO this morning cause I thought I remembered something. I'll retract that part of my point, I think maybe your posts kinda blended together for me since both you and nQ were accusing Ceph at the same timeframe.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:49 am

Post by fua »

It’s okay, everyone makes mistakes.

Return to “Completed Open Games”