Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:18 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 423, fua wrote:Which is what you did by saying they’re in a feud that I was trying to stoke the flames of.
I didn't say you tried to stoke the flames of it? You DID jump in and voted a player who was already fighting another player, and I could imagine scum in your spot choosing to do that. I never argued or suggested that you were trying to flame the Tejate/Cephrir fight from the sidelines, moreso I thought you were trying to capitalize on creating an environment where Ceph/Tejate might be dualing wagons
In post 423, fua wrote:I was just wondering because you have particularly circular logic in that part of your argument against NSG and redtea applies to you as well.
I'm sure I do things at time that will look suspicious to other players, however I have the good fortune of knowing my own alignment so I don't have to sort myself for the intentions behind what I'm doing.

If you're confused about why I'm doing what I'm doing, or if you want me to look at NSG or redtea, you can do that. I'm not really interested in proving myself town to you at this stage
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:19 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 424, fua wrote:I mean, you don’t really have any progression on Tejate and the first time you mention him you say he’s a solid townread with zero reasoning. Which seems less believable to me than someone trying to consider a different perspective.
I don't tend to explain why I'm townreading people I feel it's important to do so. I want to see who comes to the same conclusion on Tejate as I did and whether they have their own reasons. I said he feels sincere to me and felt that was sufficient, if you doubt that you can ask for more information
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:21 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I will say this though, frankly, your reasons for townreading redtea suck and you should re-evaluate there. Again, they didn't take any real stance on your alignment, just buddied up to you while offering a generic vague statement about your playstyle that has nothing to do with your alignment
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:21 am

Post by implosion »

fua have you ever seen someone vote or fos you and go “gosh, I’m town but their reasoning here sure is solid”?
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:23 am

Post by fua »

In post 425, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 423, fua wrote:Which is what you did by saying they’re in a feud that I was trying to stoke the flames of.
I didn't say you tried to stoke the flames of it? You DID jump in and voted a player who was already fighting another player, and I could imagine scum in your spot choosing to do that. I never argued or suggested that you were trying to flame the Tejate/Cephrir fight from the sidelines, moreso I thought you were trying to capitalize on creating an environment where Ceph/Tejate might be dualing wagons
In post 423, fua wrote:I was just wondering because you have particularly circular logic in that part of your argument against NSG and redtea applies to you as well.
I'm sure I do things at time that will look suspicious to other players, however I have the good fortune of knowing my own alignment so I don't have to sort myself for the intentions behind what I'm doing.

If you're confused about why I'm doing what I'm doing, or if you want me to look at NSG or redtea, you can do that. I'm not really interested in proving myself town to you at this stage
In post 311, GuiltyLion wrote:actually though I am thinking fua's jump in is worse than Ceph's push

I townread Tejate, but I can imagine Ceph being town misfiring on him
. I think if that was a T-T spat, fua's play vibes like scum looking for a distraction outside the scrutiny their own slot is receiving, and
leveraging Tejate/Ceph to do it

VOTE: fua
In the same post you say that Ceph is misguided in his targeting of Tejate and simultaneously saying that I’m leveraging the two of them to escape pressure. How is it wrong to categorize this as tying them together and why do you say that I was trying to start dueling wagons with a single naked vote? You still haven’t addressed my point that my SR of Ceph was completely unrelated to the Tejate interaction and that I responded to him because I was being explicitly mentioned and misrepresented.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:26 am

Post by fua »

In post 428, implosion wrote:fua have you ever seen someone vote or fos you and go “gosh, I’m town but their reasoning here sure is solid”?
I mean, several other people in this game have said that it’s understandable if people scumread them for (X) reason. So if your point is that town always thinks that reasoning against them is bad then that’s clearly not true and also a weak argument to begin with.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:27 am

Post by Cephrir »

everyone keeps talking about me and tejate having a fight and i don't really feel like that's a thing that actually happened
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:27 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 429, fua wrote:In the same post you say that Ceph is misguided in his targeting of Tejate and simultaneously saying that I’m leveraging the two of them to escape pressure. How is it wrong to categorize this as tying them together and why do you say that I was trying to start dueling wagons with a single naked vote? You still haven’t addressed my point that my SR of Ceph was completely unrelated to the Tejate interaction and that I responded to him because I was being explicitly mentioned and misrepresented.
dude are you understanding the conditional/hypothetical nature of that post or not

I said "I can
IMAGINE
Ceph being town misfiring on him"

because I had just said I was pinged a bit by Ceph's aggression, but then I thought about it more, thinking about how the last time I saw Ceph as scum he was laid back and not this aggressive, and thought "you know it's totally possible Ceph is just wrongTown here"

and then I said, "suppose Tejate/Ceph is T-T, what would scum!fua do", and I thought finding a reason to vote Ceph would be a perfectly logical play from you there, so I wanted to pressure you on it

none of this is me asserting like 'yeah, definitely this is
exactly
what's happening', it's me thinking about a possible framework for the game and trying to fit it onto you and see what you do.

I know you have ~ reasons ~ for SRing Ceph, but frankly I think it's easy to fake a reason to scumread Ceph, that doesn't matter as much to me right now. I can imagine town!you or scum!you having that reason to vote him.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:28 am

Post by fua »

In post 431, Cephrir wrote:everyone keeps talking about me and tejate having a fight and i don't really feel like that's a thing that actually happened
I literally couldn’t care less about what happened between you and Tejate and I’m saying the interaction wasn’t a factor like GL claimed.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:28 am

Post by implosion »

In post 404, fua wrote:
In post 402, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 362, fua wrote:I can see implosion and GL as a scum pairing.
is this because of any specific interactions between us, or just because we are both voting you
It’s because you have no interactions with each other and yet pray to the reach gods to try to fabricate a reason to scumread me within less than a page of one another. But that’s just why I think you could be paired even outside of you both individually being scum.
This is also kind of weird. I feel like scum if anything will try to have
different
reads from each other. I feel like if I were scum and saw a scumbuddy fabricate a scumread on player X the last thing I would do is then go "hm, i should also fabricate a scumread on player X".

And there's plenty of players that I at least have not interacted with at all.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:29 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 433, fua wrote:
In post 431, Cephrir wrote:everyone keeps talking about me and tejate having a fight and i don't really feel like that's a thing that actually happened
I literally couldn’t care less about what happened between you and Tejate and I’m saying the interaction wasn’t a factor like GL claimed.
I didn't say it was a factor for a vote, that's what you're not connecting here. I was thinking about what was happening gamestate wise, not what reasons you did or didn't give for your vote.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:30 am

Post by implosion »

In post 430, fua wrote:
In post 428, implosion wrote:fua have you ever seen someone vote or fos you and go “gosh, I’m town but their reasoning here sure is solid”?
I mean, several other people in this game have said that it’s understandable if people scumread them for (X) reason. So if your point is that town always thinks that reasoning against them is bad then that’s clearly not true and also a weak argument to begin with.
that's... not even close to what i'm saying? my point is you seem especially acerbic toward people that have expressed suspicion of you. I literally asked you one question and then emptyvoted you and you're calling me your tied biggest scumread and speculating about who I'm scum with. It seems like a bit of an overreaction.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:30 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

like fua, I assume that if you are scum, you are capable of fabricating a fake reason to vote somebody when you want to vote them.

do you not share that own assumption about yourself?
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:31 am

Post by fua »

In post 432, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 429, fua wrote:In the same post you say that Ceph is misguided in his targeting of Tejate and simultaneously saying that I’m leveraging the two of them to escape pressure. How is it wrong to categorize this as tying them together and why do you say that I was trying to start dueling wagons with a single naked vote? You still haven’t addressed my point that my SR of Ceph was completely unrelated to the Tejate interaction and that I responded to him because I was being explicitly mentioned and misrepresented.
dude are you understanding the conditional/hypothetical nature of that post or not

I said "I can
IMAGINE
Ceph being town misfiring on him"

because I had just said I was pinged a bit by Ceph's aggression, but then I thought about it more, thinking about how the last time I saw Ceph as scum he was laid back and not this aggressive, and thought "you know it's totally possible Ceph is just wrongTown here"

and then I said, "suppose Tejate/Ceph is T-T, what would scum!fua do", and I thought finding a reason to vote Ceph would be a perfectly logical play from you there, so I wanted to pressure you on it

none of this is me asserting like 'yeah, definitely this is
exactly
what's happening', it's me thinking about a possible framework for the game and trying to fit it onto you and see what you do.

I know you have ~ reasons ~ for SRing Ceph, but frankly I think it's easy to fake a reason to scumread Ceph, that doesn't matter as much to me right now. I can imagine town!you or scum!you having that reason to vote him.
If you think it’s equally likely for town me and scum me to have that reason to vote for him then why assume it’s alignment-indicative and cast your vote for me in the first place?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:32 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 436, implosion wrote:
In post 430, fua wrote:
that's... not even close to what i'm saying? my point is you seem especially acerbic toward people that have expressed suspicion of you. I literally asked you one question and then emptyvoted you and you're calling me your tied biggest scumread and speculating about who I'm scum with. It seems like a bit of an overreaction.
do you think the "acerbic"ity is scummy? I'm townreading it, I don't know if scum!fua would be this aggressive if they knew they were full of shit, I am getting a vibe that they're just a defensive person
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:32 am

Post by implosion »

In post 326, fua wrote:
In post 298, implosion wrote:nQ townish imo.
In post 295, fua wrote:I don’t think I like this interaction. You feel too overexplainy.
The phrasing of this post is weird. What do you hope to get from Ceph by telling him that he is too overexplainy?
I'm saying my thoughts and reads out loud. Why is that questionable?
And to answer the original thing: that's not what I was calling questionable, like I said, it's the phrasing that I found weird. The phrasing where you're talking
to
cephrir about how he's scummy.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:33 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 438, fua wrote:If you think it’s equally likely for town me and scum me to have that reason to vote for him then why assume it’s alignment-indicative and cast your vote for me in the first place?
to create content and pressure you

and AGAIN, the REASONING is not why I voted you so much as just the fact that you chose that point in time to vote Ceph at all
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:33 am

Post by implosion »

Anyway.

Unvote

VOTE: morph the cat
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:33 am

Post by fua »

In post 436, implosion wrote:
In post 430, fua wrote:
I dislike opportunism more than I dislike people scumreading me. It’s also really the most notable thing that’s happened in this game considering how people can’t stop talking about me, so I figure it should factor into my reads a little.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:33 am

Post by implosion »

I need to vote someone other than fua so I can eventually pocket them.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:34 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

just vote redtea who already functionally did that
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:34 am

Post by implosion »

In post 443, fua wrote:I dislike opportunism more than I dislike people scumreading me. It’s also really the most notable thing that’s happened in this game considering how people can’t stop talking about me, so I figure it should factor into my reads a little.
I just flat disagree that opportunism is scummy on d1. My vote absolutely was like 80% opportunism. Wagons are Good For The Town on d1, actually.
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:34 am

Post by Tejate Raichu »

Now this is the chaos I signed up for.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:34 am

Post by fua »

In post 440, implosion wrote:
In post 326, fua wrote:
In post 298, implosion wrote:nQ townish imo.
In post 295, fua wrote:I don’t think I like this interaction. You feel too overexplainy.
The phrasing of this post is weird. What do you hope to get from Ceph by telling him that he is too overexplainy?
I'm saying my thoughts and reads out loud. Why is that questionable?
And to answer the original thing: that's not what I was calling questionable, like I said, it's the phrasing that I found weird. The phrasing where you're talking
to
cephrir about how he's scummy.
Why is that weird? I’m already in a conversation with him.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:35 am

Post by implosion »

and nah i want to hang on to a morph vote, see how it feels, maybe juggle it a bit.

Return to “Completed Open Games”