He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:57 pm

Post by Ircher »

VOTE: MegAzumarill
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:03 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 999, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:god even curse cant have shit in this town LOL

except!!!!!!!!!! andante, are you green? is that POE we smell? daaaamn we love to see it
hahahaha I am green indeed!!! we LOOOOVE to see it! I am never poe!
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:04 pm

Post by Andante »

read up to 225, all I'm doing for now, so far Arcade/Ircher are my top SRs
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:11 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 655, Greeting wrote:And I would like to provide mrs. logic with some emotional support with regard to your reasoning of me being unaligned with Lady Lambdadelta because she has been utterly violated. You have provided a thesis that both of us are unaligned and now you're backtracking from it and claiming that it's not what you meant. That's.. bad, but I'm not yet sure if it's scum indicative.
I'm not sure how I feel about Greeting basically piggybacking off of Cephrir's earlier argumebt. On one hand, it is a reasonable take and factual. On the other hand, it feels kind of busywork-ish to repeat it now when it is very much done and over with.
In post 683, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Mastina just has that town Mastina entrance, and i’d very much like people to explain why they think Mastina is being scummy here. Because they sound fucking DRUNK.
I don't think she is, but I don't think it's an unreasonable take because her playstyle at the start is just begging for people to scum read her as she pulls out reads from thin air.
In post 773, Save The Dragons wrote:roden's using ate "woe is me" and needling using words like "inane" to try and attack the points against him without actually refuting those points. it makes it look like they weren't legit points to begin with. instead of answering, he doubles down on this narrative.

how are people like "well i guess that could come from town"
Because townies have done this in the past. Have you ever played with Robbnva/Jake From State Farm before? He used to do this kind of stuff all the time regardless of alignment. To be clear here, I think it does come out as slightly +scum equity, but it is very marginal as townies are equally keen to double down when they are wrong.
In post 903, Save The Dragons wrote:galron town game is ez
I really don't get how you and others are coming to this conclusion so early. All I have seen from Galron is , , and a bunch of other one liners that say very little. Let me clear here: I'm not actively scum reading Galron, but I see nothing that really rings out as town either.
In post 951, Toogeloo wrote:Anyone else weirded out that LLD did an obvious fake vig on Noraa, Noraa took it to heart, and then LLD takes a break while Three Bears gets freebie town reads?
No because it is the weekend. A lot of people post less on the weekends (albeit I don't know if that is true for Lady Lambdadelta specifically.)
In post 964, The Three Bears wrote:NAH not how it works
With this level of reasoning (as displayed here and elsewhere), I'm not putting much stock in Noraa's reads.
---
I will try to give a reads list tomorrow or Tuesday.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:15 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

VOTE: Roden
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:21 pm

Post by Cephrir »

these quote stripes are just piles of nothing to me
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:16 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 1005, Save The Dragons wrote:VOTE: Roden
Why do you think I'm scum?
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:23 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

Didn't we already argue this to death
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:22 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 624, Cephrir wrote:there is not a single reason anywhere to be found here, as per usual. put up or shut up.
I can back the reads up with reasons when not having a bad brain day. (I'm unfortunately having a bad brain day weekend, sorry. Been that way since circa Friday-Saturday. It'll pass, but it does interfere with mafia.)

In the mean time, will be trying to stay on top of reading and commenting and with luck that'll keep the workload down enough so that when the bad brain waves pass, I'll be in a zone where I can explain things more properly.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:26 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 651, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Three Bears, Mastina and Mush is my block of trusted individuals ATM.
More applications are welcome.
Well, {Bell, StD} for a start are obvious.
{Tet, tictac, Malakittens} are also solid additions.

Plus LLD's basically modslipped conftown, so can be added as well.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:29 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 1008, Save The Dragons wrote:Didn't we already argue this to death
We argued sure but I don't think we're on the same wavelength. I don't understand the crux of your argument, or at least I don't understand why you think my behavior comes from scum.

The only thing I kind of get is the backtrack/backpedal argument but I don't really agree with it. I don't like the idea that backpedaling is scummy, it would be one thing if I never gave a solid read ever but that wasn't what happened. I gave some shotgun reads a little over 24 hours into the game and even said they weren't solid but wanted to get my starting thoughts out there. But I'm not going to be receptive to adjusting my reads or acknowledging a scum case on me, if the reaction to seeing me go back on a read is to call it backpedaling and tell me I'm scummy for backpedaling. Like, I'm just going to fight it and not even say I'm backpedaling if you're going to frame it as scummy, and it isn't really reasonable to believe I should react differently. I'm just never going say I'm doing "X Act" when someone says "X Act" is scummy, that's just my initial reaction to everything, if not outright arguing against the notion the "X Act" is scummy.

Especially since it puts me in a situation where I'm being called scummy for backpedaling but also scummy for not admitting I'm backpedaling. To me that just reads as a "gotcha" trap where the entire point of the interaction is to call me scummy no matter what I do. The concept that backpedaling is a scum tell doesn't even make sense to me, because I have zero reasons to be so confident in my reads so early into the game.

So if this was the main reason for scum reading me then now you know exactly why I disagree and think the reasoning is flawed. If it's something else then idk what it could possibly be.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:35 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 673, T3 wrote:mastina does a lot of hocus pocus to get her reads
I mean, generally speaking, yes--I have a method to make something out of what many see as nothing. I have a whole process involved in generating reads from the RVS. It's basically something I've got down to a science. So yes, I do have a way of pulling rabbits out of my hat when it comes to the RVS.

...But while that might be true
in general
, when it comes to
this
game?

You don't need to be me in order to get reads from the first two pages.

This is, genuinely, the biggest, most telling, first two pages I've ever seen in any game ever on mafiascum.net. I've never seen a game where the reads were more obvious more quickly. We basically had the shortest RVS possible in a large theme because by the end of page two, reads on basically everyone became ridiculously easy.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:44 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 1011, Roden wrote:
In post 1008, Save The Dragons wrote:Didn't we already argue this to death
We argued sure but I don't think we're on the same wavelength. I don't understand the crux of your argument, or at least I don't understand why you think my behavior comes from scum.

The only thing I kind of get is the backtrack/backpedal argument but I don't really agree with it. I don't like the idea that backpedaling is scummy, it would be one thing if I never gave a solid read ever but that wasn't what happened. I gave some shotgun reads a little over 24 hours into the game and even said they weren't solid but wanted to get my starting thoughts out there. But I'm not going to be receptive to adjusting my reads or acknowledging a scum case on me, if the reaction to seeing me go back on a read is to call it backpedaling and tell me I'm scummy for backpedaling. Like, I'm just going to fight it and not even say I'm backpedaling if you're going to frame it as scummy, and it isn't really reasonable to believe I should react differently. I'm just never going say I'm doing "X Act" when someone says "X Act" is scummy, that's just my initial reaction to everything, if not outright arguing against the notion the "X Act" is scummy.

Especially since it puts me in a situation where I'm being called scummy for backpedaling but also scummy for not admitting I'm backpedaling. To me that just reads as a "gotcha" trap where the entire point of the interaction is to call me scummy no matter what I do. The concept that backpedaling is a scum tell doesn't even make sense to me, because I have zero reasons to be so confident in my reads so early into the game.

So if this was the main reason for scum reading me then now you know exactly why I disagree and think the reasoning is flawed. If it's something else then idk what it could possibly be.
I'm also wary of both you STD and Cephir because tonally you come off as town, but your cases against me are so far off the mark that I'm naturally going to be suspicious of you. Ceph especially, because I know it's in his scum range to try to target players he perceives to be LHF or easy to dominate in an argument, hence why I don't like his OTT abrasive attitude with me beyond the fact that it's unpleasant to deal with.

It isn't just OMGUS either, and I have very good reason to suspect foul play because every single game I've been in has had some player who either clashes hard with me or is scum trying to get what they think is an easy mis-elim. And I do mean every game, and most of the time I expel so much time and energy trying to stamp out the Day 1 death tunnel yet still end up dying Day 1/Night 1 anyway. And you can claim "oh woe is me" or whatever but I honestly don't care, I'm trying to explain my mind set and frustration so you get why I'm talking and acting the way I am. I can't be any more transparent than I'm being now.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:53 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 819, Tet wrote:I am an enigma, spooky.
I get the reference. :P
(Then again I know your identity, so...)
In post 845, Tet wrote:My read there could change. Depends on Mastina. I don't really have an issue with her vibes readlist, I'm sure there is *some* depth to it but it's what I'm waiting on.
I'll explain on a not-bad-brainday, promise. (I was planning on explaining on like Saturday circa, but, bad brainwaves hit, and I honestly wouldn't be posting in any game at all right now if not for the need to avoid prods. I just am not in a place to play mafia right now but have no choice. With luck I'll be in the mafia headspace within the next couple of days or so, but obviously, not something I can tell you a time. It'll happen when it happens. Bad brain days are usually temporary, in the 24-72 hour range, and we're through about 48 hours so that's why I'm hoping within 48 hours I'll be back in force.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:01 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 956, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:I got sick this weekend, is what happened. Sorry that I'm not here applying more pressure on the thread, I've been literally dying. !5 people from work have covid.
<3 LLD <3
I know the feeling. <3
(No really, I do; I'm still sick with covid. It's been over a week, still coughing, with no signs of the coughing stopping...)
(Granted my main issue right now is mental rather than physical butstill.)
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:29 am

Post by SirCakez »

MegAzumarill has requested replacement.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:32 am

Post by Bell »

VOTE: Megazumaril
Arcade Pals
Arcade Pals
Goon
Arcade Pals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:41 am

Post by Arcade Pals »

In post 915, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 887, Tet wrote:VOTE: Megazumarill
This is actually an really good vote.
Mega is posting elsewhere much more than here. And what they did post is just asking what’s going on. Could easily see that be scum!Mega.
In post 918, MegAzumarill wrote:It's because like I said I need to reread. Been dragging my feet on it
I'm really bad at managing larger games (working on it)
I'll probably catch up tonight and we'll go from there
Eh, why do they need to reread the game and are they incapable of making normal up to date posts on anything? This all seems more like a bad excuse than a real reason
Dunnstral and MariaR
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:54 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Sweet sweet laptop keyboard.
I'm back home baby.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Tet
Tet
Goon
Tet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:48 am

Post by Tet »

In post 867, MegAzumarill wrote:I'm fairly lost in the conversation so I have to reread
In post 868, MegAzumarill wrote:Anything specific to pay attention to?
This is specifically what got my vote. I see scum do this way to often and admittedly do it myself (usually when repping into games).

The idea is that you throw the bait out for someone to bring up a topic that is relevant to *them* and you kill two birds with one stone by formulating some type of content around it, generally skewed towards the perspective of the person that interacted with you. You get by with busywork and get started on a pocket down the line.

Norwees point on the activity outside of this game doesn't reinforce that read but does add onto it.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:53 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Don't forget the beetlejuice.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:45 am

Post by Toogeloo »

VOTE: MegA

Yeah, ok.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:53 am

Post by Andante »

why are we voting meg out before a replacement? not saying I'm opposed, but I just don't get why
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:53 am

Post by Andante »

In post 1022, Toogeloo wrote:VOTE: MegA