imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:51 pm

Post by imaginality »

In post 1290, Amazonian Legends wrote:
In post 1283, imaginality wrote:As in which post of fua's gave you the cop vibe?

oops meant to respond to this one then too. So, that's not important and I'm not going to share the little things I pick up on and look for when they're not relevant and might not even be right lol. I'm not trying to convince you that fua is a cop moreso I'm trying to understand why you were kinda sounding alarm bells when it seems unlikely for fua to be claiming cop as scum there and trying to determine how much you actually believed it.
In my head it was similar to what whoever it was did about Shirou. In that case it was "hey everyone who thinks Shirou is really towny remember they're really good as scum" which recalibrated some reads.

In my case it was "hey everyone who thinks this cop claim is unlikely to come from scum here are some reasons it could make sense as a scum play".

So not a "fua is scum" but a "I don't think this should be +townpoints for fua"
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:51 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1299, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1259, morph the cat wrote:Ffery just gave away the farm.

It's about her attitude at potentially being dead weight.
why did she do this? it seems out of character.
Hah yeah she even apologized to me after she put it out there but oh well. Can't unsee it.
Amazonian Legends
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:52 pm

Post by Amazonian Legends »

In post 1296, morph the cat wrote:
In post 1294, Amazonian Legends wrote:
In post 1292, morph the cat wrote:
In post 1291, Amazonian Legends wrote:
In post 1286, morph the cat wrote:Tammy when y'all gonna get around to finalizing a read on us? Kthnx
When it comes?

I don't know. Mafia is hard.
But will it be coming round the mountain when it does?
heh

we have a read on you guys; it's just not locked.
Then I declare complete and utter victory in this new arms race.
I don't mind being a turtle!
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:52 pm

Post by morph the cat »

I'm mobile but pretend I put an adorable baby turtle picture here with a thumbs up.
Amazonian Legends
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:56 pm

In post 1300, imaginality wrote:
In post 1290, Amazonian Legends wrote:
In post 1283, imaginality wrote:As in which post of fua's gave you the cop vibe?

oops meant to respond to this one then too. So, that's not important and I'm not going to share the little things I pick up on and look for when they're not relevant and might not even be right lol. I'm not trying to convince you that fua is a cop moreso I'm trying to understand why you were kinda sounding alarm bells when it seems unlikely for fua to be claiming cop as scum there and trying to determine how much you actually believed it.
In my head it was similar to what whoever it was did about Shirou. In that case it was "hey everyone who thinks Shirou is really towny remember they're really good as scum" which recalibrated some reads.

In my case it was "hey everyone who thinks this cop claim is unlikely to come from scum here are some reasons it could make sense as a scum play".

So not a "fua is scum" but a "I don't think this should be +townpoints for fua"
gotcha gotcha!

I understand now.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:58 pm

Post by imaginality »

Your imaginary pic is turtle-y awesome. Fintastic!

Okay that was a bad pun, in fact a terrible pun. A terri-pun.

Blame my dad for me liking bad puns, my siblings do too, he's the one who tortoise to.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Amazonian Legends
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:59 pm

In post 1303, morph the cat wrote:I'm mobile but pretend I put an adorable baby turtle picture here with a thumbs up.

Also probably passing out very shortly. I'll finish up reading the rest tomorrow and give my thoughts then.
Amazonian Legends
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:59 pm

oh oops that's big
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:08 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1299, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1259, morph the cat wrote:Ffery just gave away the farm.

It's about her attitude at potentially being dead weight.
why did she do this? it seems out of character.
pooky figured it out. I'll have to work on it. I don't think it will be ~that~ easy to extinguish, at least in the near term.
Amazonian Legends
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:16 pm

In post 1260, morph the cat wrote:The other way to read penguin being her word CHOICE not so much the actual contents of the post. She tends to be slightly more explainy and uses bigger words.
Bigger words like explainy?

I'm ignoring your tell on me BTW. I have no idea how to police my word choice that closely, but I guess I'll worry about it if I draw scum in a future game with you.
In post 1267, morph the cat wrote:Damn your favorite post was spay not me.

Rude.
So much flirting, so much ego.
In post 1296, morph the cat wrote:Then I declare complete and utter victory in this new arms race.
I'm not in a rush. I like Day Two better than Day One anyways. In all seriousness, I'm reading in dribs and drabs as I work during the day and in spare night moments. I'm finding myself getting impressions that I can't back up with shiny cases. Like you (morph). Last time I saw scum-Cabd (I think early dance game?) something pinged as off, but I couldn't put my finger on it, even after I saw the slot flip. I'm not getting that vibe here, but I'm too rusty and not good with snap judgments to locktown you.

Cephrir goes here too. Town read, instinct over case.

I did really like NSG's re-entry. Coming in and upending a popularly accepted town read would be extraordinarily gutsy for scum and showed a lot of independent though for town (in the non-condescending way). Reversal on the read for me.

I know Shirou wanted folks to comment, but that really moved the needle more drastically for NSG than for Shirou.

I've also liked imaginality's posts and fallen off on implosion from where I felt I was a couple days ago. Tammy wants to talk about implosion when we're both awake tomorrow, and I'm fading fast.

I looked at redtea's new content and I don't see anything to townread. Nothing from town motivation. Even the stuff under the spoiler tag is all commentary on exchanges without committing to stances of the situations. Probably looking to vote there once I talk to Tammy and consider how the imaginality wagon formed.

I'm hitting work hard in the morning, so more likely I'm around in the afternoon

--PA
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:21 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1309, Amazonian Legends wrote:without committing to stances of the situations.
Which is precisely what I called him on yesterday. And instead of addressing the actual issue he implied I was unreasonable to expect him to answer my question within 8 hours.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:24 pm

Post by fua »

I will say I wasn’t intentionally crumbing cop. So make of that what you will.
Amazonian Legends
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:27 pm

Fuck it, Tammy can move it if she hates it.

VOTE: redtea

--PA
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:33 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1309, Amazonian Legends wrote: Cephrir goes here too. Town read, instinct over case.
Yeah. This is where I'm at as well. Not a solid town read, but still town.
I did really like NSG's re-entry. Coming in and upending a popularly accepted town read would be extraordinarily gutsy for scum and showed a lot of independent though for town (in the non-condescending way). Reversal on the read for me.
Same, though I wanted (maybe still want) time to percolate on it.
I know Shirou wanted folks to comment, but that really moved the needle more drastically for NSG than for Shirou.
I find his trying to stitch us and imaginality together to be kinda obnoxious. I misread his level of experience from his early posts, and was already thinking I might have towned him too hard on that basis when NSG made her posts.
I've also liked imaginality's posts and fallen off on implosion from where I felt I was a couple days ago. Tammy wants to talk about implosion when we're both awake tomorrow, and I'm fading fast.
I didn't like some of his early posts. stuff he's posted in the last 24 hours or so under mounting pressure, I have liked. And I don't really understand why that wagon blew up the way it did.

I'm spinning my wheels over my implosion read. Eventually I'll get some traction. I hope.
I looked at redtea's new content and I don't see anything to townread. Nothing from town motivation. Even the stuff under the spoiler tag is all commentary on exchanges without committing to stances of the situations. Probably looking to vote there once I talk to Tammy and consider how the imaginality wagon formed.
This we'd probably both support fwiw.
I'm hitting work hard in the morning, so more likely I'm around in the afternoon

--PA
I'm curious if Tammy has played with implosion more recently than I have. Also GuiltyLion. I have him at leantown, but it's based on wisps, mostly.

Both of them are consuming way too much of my headspace about this game.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:50 pm

Post by imaginality »

In post 1309, Amazonian Legends wrote:I've also liked imaginality's posts
What have you liked about them?
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:26 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1273, Tejate Raichu wrote:Okay I swear, last off topic post for now. You get your own wiki page, right? You could use that.
We prefer to release our morphisms like butterflies in the MS garden and see where they flit.

fortunately(?) this is not a game for morphoglyphics so at least we're not inflicting
that
on the table.

Did you get what you were hoping to get from this convo?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:31 pm

Post by implosion »

are you intending to use morphism as a category theory joke :X
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:34 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

In post 1315, morph the cat wrote:
In post 1273, Tejate Raichu wrote:Okay I swear, last off topic post for now. You get your own wiki page, right? You could use that.
We prefer to release our morphisms like butterflies in the MS garden and see where they flit.

fortunately(?) this is not a game for morphoglyphics so at least we're not inflicting
that
on the table.

I'm getting pretty close to edible and pass out mindset myself in that my brain is currently working at 1% power. As for what I was hoping for? Nothing in particular really. More interactions with my slot are nice since I can trust that at least one person within the interaction is town. I'll think over your slot more as the game progresses but for the moment I think my opinion remains the same.

Also I should probably sleep within the next hour or two.

I still like the day pass term.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:47 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1316, implosion wrote:are you intending to use morphism as a category theory joke :X
Intending?

No.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:49 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1317, Tejate Raichu wrote:
In post 1315, morph the cat wrote:

that
on the table.

I'm getting pretty close to edible and pass out mindset myself in that my brain is currently working at 1% power. As for what I was hoping for? Nothing in particular really. More interactions with my slot are nice since I can trust that at least one person within the interaction is town. I'll think over your slot more as the game progresses but for the moment I think my opinion remains the same.

Also I should probably sleep within the next hour or two.

I still like the day pass term.
That's interesting. You made a point of asking if we'd be around to interact with, but from my perspective what you wanted to talk about wasn't terribly this-game-oriented and didn't seem to be at all geared toward gleaning more alignment indicative info from us.
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:54 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

I didn't very much have a particular point of contention with you I wanted to discuss. I was hoping something would come up naturally, in hindsight that may have been my fault.
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:58 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

Maybe a better opportunity will come up tomorrow? Seems like the game's started moving forward, at least.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:01 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1320, Tejate Raichu wrote:I didn't very much have a particular point of contention with you I wanted to discuss. I was hoping something would come up naturally, in hindsight that may have been my fault.
I'm confused, but ok?

I figured you were going to want to know more about our reads, or what we thought of an event(s) in the game. I reacted and asked that we all slow down when you put Imaginality at E-1. That seems like something you might have wanted to probe.
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:54 pm

Post by redtea »

In post 1158, Tejate Raichu wrote:I certainly agree with that, amicability most certainly is a factor when it comes down to who you want to put on a wagon. But I don't think most people would outright say "Wow, that Tejate guy's a riot, let's not kill him". It doesn't feel like an actual good reason.
i would do this
*Old account here
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:16 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I am tired so I don't think I can get to everything I want to get to, but I'll try to at least engage on a couple points before I fall asleep, and really make a commitment to playing more tomorrow during the actual day
In post 1124, Shirou wrote:I asked what did you think about my slot after NSG told you that BEFORE I made the redtea posts that I knew you would dislike
eh I mean I thought it was a fair word of advice to be cautious, I had no idea you were nommed for a Don Corleone and I had previously thought you were kind of an easier to read player, so it made me want to re-evaluate on why I townread you but I hadn't, haven't, actually bothered to do that yet. I do still generally believe the reasons I have for townreading you, but probably I just shouldn't weight them quite as heavily
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"

Return to “Completed Open Games”