Amazonian Legends
Goon
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1350 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:10 am

Post by Amazonian Legends »

In post 1345, Cephrir wrote:ok thx
Do you still have concerns about morph and if so is it still underwhelming?
Amazonian Legends
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1351 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:12 am

I meant to get caught up this morning but I accidentally just spent three hours on TikTok. Priorities. But I will get caught up when I get home. Promises
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:16 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1350, Amazonian Legends wrote:
yeah they still havent impressed me

i asked this question because i was wondering if they were trying to generate content survivalistically in response to reads on them falling
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:14 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1352, Cephrir wrote:

i asked this question because i was wondering if they were trying to generate content survivalistically in response to reads on them falling
Heh.

I was about to post a wall, too.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:15 am

Post by morph the cat »

But on a not-heh level I don't appreciate getting slagged for trying to get my head back into the game.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:21 am

Post by Cephrir »

im not trying to be a jerk just probing to determine the validity of my thoughts
Bartleby the Scrivener
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:33 am

Post by morph the cat »

I took it as a jerkish comment. Like you're trying to shut me off preemptively, like you didn't want me to do things out loud because you KNOW that when I take a can-opener to my skull and put my thoughts about the game out there, players' reads of me get better.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:49 am

Post by morph the cat »

And you just disappear leaving that stinkbomb in the thread.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:50 am

Post by Cephrir »

i genuinely dont understand why youre so upset about this
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:51 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1356, morph the cat wrote:like you didn't want me to do things out loud because you KNOW that when I take a can-opener to my skull and put my thoughts about the game out there, players' reads of me get better.
of course i want you to do that, i want to read you better

i dont think i would do something like this intentionally anyway
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:52 am

Post by Cephrir »

i found your answer satisfying enough and wouldnt have mentioned it again if i wasnt asked about it
Bartleby the Scrivener
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:55 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1359, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1356, morph the cat wrote:like you didn't want me to do things out loud because you KNOW that when I take a can-opener to my skull and put my thoughts about the game out there, players' reads of me get better.
of course i want you to do that, i want to read you better

i dont think i would do something like this intentionally anyway
You want it, but you preemptively question if it's survivalistic. If town-you is concerned it might be, then why telegraph to me you're thinking that way rather than just weighing up the content when it happens?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:56 am

Post by Cephrir »

i got an answer and didn't have a problem with it so i wasn't really concerned anymore
Bartleby the Scrivener
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:56 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1360, Cephrir wrote:i found your answer satisfying enough and wouldnt have mentioned it again if i wasnt asked about it
I'll take this at face value for now.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:02 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 7, Ydrasse wrote:i town :D
In post 30, Ydrasse wrote:amazonian is a little towny
In post 40, implosion wrote:Anyway. Ydrasse also kinda town i think.
@Implosion I'm probably rehashing shit, but I'm curious what about Ydra's 2 post have you a page 2 townlean on her. (I see that by page 10, only one player commented on this)

Going back through Shirou's feels about non-signing hydras here. It bugs me a little more than it did initially. I was more in the mode of giving expectation-setting info about how we work together than in discerning alignment at that point. didn't feel like an RVS vote, but c'mon. "Hydra doesn't sign -- vote: hydra"? I realize I'm probably confibiasing due to shirou's push. And I have issues with the POE characterization of his last post. But, I really dig into this so bear with me and maybe discount the salt. He was one of my first townreads. I wouldn't be shocked that I grossly misread him, but I would be surprised and disappointed in myself.
In post 46, implosion wrote:And yeah that's also why I called Ceph's opening town. It didn't feel like it had a deep impending sense of dread that was being held behind a thin veneer.
My eyebrows kinda raised at this post initially, but the Team Mafia mod experience made sense of it. I saw something similar in the Shakespeare game. He mostly kept those feels in the mafia thread, though, and to the extent they bled out into the game (minimally IMO) it wasn't the bulk of why he was being scumread by some players.
In post 71, northsidegal wrote:whom among us has not spent hours pouring through fferyllt's wiki page searching for clues to the mysteries of life

VOTE: implosion
It's a pity I haven't updated it since ~2017
In post 56, Amazonian Legends wrote:Interesting. Wonder if Cabd agrees.

Cabd --> me
ffery --> Tammy
Cabd --> Tammy
ffery --> me

--PA
Was there a reason why you'd think he might disagree?
In post 66, Shirou wrote:
In post 65, morph the cat wrote:The giggle is because spay pretty much INTRODUCED the term "trajectory" into the mafiascum lexicon.
oh, I thought her title was solely because she was really good on reading people by their trajectory or something, but it seems she also introduced the term to the forum hm...

interesting
How and why was it interesting?
In post 78, northsidegal wrote:
In post 76, morph the cat wrote:Also, nice to see you NSG! It's been a very, very long time!
it has! well, it has either way, but it may also be possible that i've played with you (via secret alt) more recently than you think you've played with me. either way, cool to be in a game with so many familiar faces
With which head? Both? I don't mind looking for needles in haystacks, but I kinda like knowing where the haystack is!
In post 93, implosion wrote:I have two recent games with GL, the first of which we were both town and he was very much the only person keeping me sane in the game and the second of which he was scum and absolutely snowed everyone especially me. So i certainly fear him but also will maybe know better this time.
Noting this because I'm curious how this caution/fear has manifested since then.
In post 113, GuiltyLion wrote:hmmm Shriou, how excited would you say you are to play this game? How much forum mafia experience do you have ultimately?

Hey PA! I am not sure, having just spent several weeks dealing with her scum game I'm hoping to feel it out tone/vibewise if she's different. I don't have a great sense of Ydra meta but I guess if she's town I'd expect her to work a tiny bit harder than she just did in the Dance game to show some solvey thought processes?
This is kinda where my head was at re Shirou's experience. The approach to hydrae seemed kind of naïve when it hit the thread, but the replies suggested otherwise, and the approach -- ignoring lots of the obvious signs regarding who makes a post out of principle(?) is a convenient way to ignore inconvenient data. And as I said, if I think it matters which of us makes a particular post, I'll make my authorship clear without stooping to an "~f"
In post 125, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 121, Ydrasse wrote:...really? i had the opposite take and thought amazonian was townier because of the 'challenge' or threat they presented in their first posts.

like morph is probably the most boppable player(s) around at the moment and when you combine that with familiarity it's pretty uh... bold to make your first interaction "if you try to push us we WILL get you killed next day by virtue of our death" which doesn't really seem conciliatory at all but more like "fuck with us and regret it"

which, if there are people around that know you, seems like a bad idea to call attention to that sort of thing instantly.
I dunno, my take is that if it's the kinda thing you think you would do as town then it's the kind of thing you need to bluster about similarly as scum, and they wasted basically no time whatsoever immediately trying to establish "scumreading me is a scumclaim from you" which just felt a lil over the top for how early it was and how they initiated it. Like I said though, if it's out of the ordinary and potentially scum-indicative from them I'd expect morph to pick up on that and so I want to weigh their opinion a bit more than my own, it could entirely just be me as a third party not understanding the nature of their relationship with eachother
I bristled at PA's post a little, hence reminding her BoP goes both ways. Partially because a facetious page 1 post seemed to strike a sensitive spot, and partially because hell yes I expect PA to correctly read Cabd, just as much as I'll trust his read of her in this hydra.
In post 130, northsidegal wrote:i can identify who shirou is on sight regardless of account, it's happened 100% of the time
Do you agree with his comments about the quantity of his recent games? Has he played on alts since his hiatus? I wouldn't really expect him to lie about how active he's been, but there was a sort of an "aw shucks" feel to his comments about being less intense since returning.

I liked number's and I still do.
In post 211, Shirou wrote:actually this is important and I only realized it now so I've to ask

@catboi is voting for "no elimination" a possibility for an early day end?
What were you thinking could be an advantage to doing this over having a flip and a bunch of trajectories to analyze?
In post 243, Cephrir wrote:so 238 essentially just says "hey look everyone i have handwritten notes" since there is no actual reason for it to exist.
I'm curious why you assumed the notes were handwritten?

--------------------

My recollection is that at this point in the game I was feeling squinty-eyed about fua. That dissipated pretty quickly with more data, but I understand the suspicion that swirled for a bit over his entrance.

Tejate's posting at the page 10 point also bugged me a little, but there's a cheeky feel to his reaction to being scumread that I kinda like. But he also seemed kinda too self-referential - like that's bulk of his early-early posting.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:26 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1364, morph the cat wrote:I'm curious why you assumed the notes were handwritten?
i didn't mean that bit literally; was just calling back to when titus did this as it's where my head went.
Bartleby the Scrivener
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:40 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1365, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1364, morph the cat wrote:I'm curious why you assumed the notes were handwritten?
i didn't mean that bit literally; was just calling back to when titus did this as it's where my head went.
It seemed to be an aspect of scumreading Tejate? Or suspecting him at least.
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:46 am

Post by Tejate Raichu »

In post 1332, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 1223, Tejate Raichu wrote:Anyways, if there's one thing we can at the very least agree on it's that I don't necessarily have an issue with ending the day. We have a lot of content, after all.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: imaginality
this feels
very
different than your attitude about not haphazardly voting like... not just a day or two ago? now you're fine with putting somebody at E-1?
When I saw your post explaining your take on the matter, I decided to just play how I normally would in regards to voting. Though granted, putting imaginality at E-1 was probably a bit hasty, one of a few things I regret doing last night. Don't play mafia when your brain is melting, kids.

In short, the reason why it is a completely different attitude is because it is. It's something I wanted to try because I usually don't get to in short games.

I like GL's posts today. Will need to look over morph's new content.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:49 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1366, morph the cat wrote:
In post 1365, Cephrir wrote:
It seemed to be an aspect of scumreading Tejate? Or suspecting him at least.
yeah, the handwrittenness isn't really that relevant to the view of it as potentially a tell.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1369 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:50 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1367, Tejate Raichu wrote:Though granted, putting imaginality at E-1 was probably a bit hasty, one of a few things I regret doing last night. Don't play mafia when your brain is melting, kids.
:grimacing:
Bartleby the Scrivener
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1370 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:53 am

Post by Tejate Raichu »

Understandable.
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1371 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:55 am

Post by Tejate Raichu »

I'm still on board with potential imaginality wagon, but I should have been considerate of the people who had yet to catch up. Especially since two of those people were ones I didn't have public reads on yet.
Amazonian Legends
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1372 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:15 pm

In post 1352, Cephrir wrote:

Sorry that I asked the question and then left, I realized I was running late for therapy.

So I asked that question for two reasons. The first being that morph talking about doing a reread reminded me of the vanilla cop debacle game and just about the time ffery started doing a reread and posting stuff, Cabd called her out about engaging in her scumtell. I don't think that he said what the scumtell was but I thought it had something to do with rereading like that, and I also wondered if it was in response to current thread temperature. (I also know that she does reread the game and other games as well, but that little memory had me wondering.)

The second reason I asked is because I've been trying to make sense of my own read on them, and if I should be more concerned than I am. Last night I told penguin that I wondered if I should be more concerned about the lack of town reads they have in this game because it's not really often that this happens. Penguin doesn't have them as lock town yet, but hasn't seen cause for worry, so what follows is all me morph and if you are town I'm sorry if this is going to be annoying.

The gist of my read is this. I do not have any reason to scum read morph, and I have liked several posts of ffery's for being the types of posts that I typically town read ffery for. But at this point in the game I thought I would be more sure than I am. Now part of this might be the nature of this game and the fact that I'm kinda perpetually behind (which I will fix today). And penguin says that every time she's spectated a game with cabd in it and he's been scum, she's known something has been off and it doesn't feel that way here, but he also hasn't posted a whole lot and I guess I'd feel more confident in that feeling if there were. Maybe I'm expecting too much.

For my part I kinda feel like the town read on us was too easy, which is super weird coming from me I know. But the reason I made the joke I did at the beginning of the game was because while ffery tends to town read me correctly, I'm not typically town locked. There's always some hesitation. Even in Warehouse 13, there was some hesitation and I didn't make it into town town. And I thought the post that they town locked me for (257) is a post that I could easily make as scum. Now this might be an unfair concern of mine; they both know that I'm terrified of the first time I'll roll scum again and think I'll be too nervous to post, and cabd might have a tell on me that he uses to read me by that is still valid. I don't know; I expected to be townread, but I didn't expect to be town locked so early, at least not until cabd had a chance to read penguin.

The response to you after this post reminded me of the way that Bork responded to my suspicions in Warehouse 13 when he was trying to knock me off my footing.

Well this post was a lot better in my head when I was driving than it ended up being now. But that jumbled mess is where I am on morph. I don't have a reason that I think they're scum; I've liked some posts but I'm not as confident in a town read as I'd like to be and the floating suspicion has me concerned as well.

(I'm sorry if you guys are town though! I know it's annoying when you're expecting someone to town read you easily and work together, and they're sitting over there squinty eyed especially when suspicion is coming from other corners.)
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1373 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:36 pm

Post by morph the cat »

We've had townreads all along, though? And have posted some of them, as well as comments about when reads are moving up or down.

I realize we're probably not throwing read updates out as frequently, but that's a factor of real life for both of us. When we're both feeling solid about the game again, we'll post a list we're ready to roll with.

In the meantime it would have been nice if we'd intersected in the thread often enough to hold an actual conversation and dig into reads, but that wasn't in the cards.

Originally I was holding some reads back to see how players reacted. And a post like that when I was holding some reads a little closely, would have felt right at home.

I don't know what you need to do, or what we need to do for you to have the data you need to get more certain about us, but I'm here and if you have questions I'm happy to answer. So far your posts about/to us have mostly been observations, and there's only so much I can do with that.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1374 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:38 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1372, Amazonian Legends wrote:I know it's annoying when you're expecting someone to town read you easily and work together, and they're sitting over there squinty eyed
me, living this every game
Bartleby the Scrivener

Return to “Completed Open Games”