imaginality
Tejate Raichu (1):
northsidegal
Cephrir (1):
numberQ

Not Voting (3):
morph the cat, redtea, Tejate Raichu

With 13 alive, it's 7 to eliminate.

Deadline for Day 1 is January 22 at 2:00 PM EST.

Deadline Timer:
(expired on 2022-01-22 15:00:00)

Notes:
numberQ is V/LA until January 14
Last edited by catboi on Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amazonian Legends
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:00 pm

Post by Amazonian Legends »

In post 1373, morph the cat wrote:We've had townreads all along, though? And have posted some of them, as well as comments about when reads are moving up or down.

I realize we're probably not throwing read updates out as frequently, but that's a factor of real life for both of us. When we're both feeling solid about the game again, we'll post a list we're ready to roll with.

In the meantime it would have been nice if we'd intersected in the thread often enough to hold an actual conversation and dig into reads, but that wasn't in the cards.

Originally I was holding some reads back to see how players reacted. And a post like that when I was holding some reads a little closely, would have felt right at home.

I don't know what you need to do, or what we need to do for you to have the data you need to get more certain about us, but I'm here and if you have questions I'm happy to answer. So far your posts about/to us have mostly been observations, and there's only so much I can do with that.
Is this a response to me? I wasn't talking about reads on other people or saying that you hadn't done that.

And I realize my concerns are very potentially a me problem and in part stemming from the fact that this game started when it did, and I've been constantly behind and catching up when I can. I'll be getting caught up tonight though and should be on top of things for the remainder of the day though!
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:06 pm

Post by fua »

In post 1374, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1372, Amazonian Legends wrote:I know it's annoying when you're expecting someone to town read you easily and work together, and they're sitting over there squinty eyed
me, living this every game
Me @everyone every game regardless of alignment.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:28 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1376, Amazonian Legends wrote:
In post 1373, morph the cat wrote:We've had townreads all along, though? And have posted some of them, as well as comments about when reads are moving up or down.

I realize we're probably not throwing read updates out as frequently, but that's a factor of real life for both of us. When we're both feeling solid about the game again, we'll post a list we're ready to roll with.

In the meantime it would have been nice if we'd intersected in the thread often enough to hold an actual conversation and dig into reads, but that wasn't in the cards.

Originally I was holding some reads back to see how players reacted. And a post like that when I was holding some reads a little closely, would have felt right at home.

I don't know what you need to do, or what we need to do for you to have the data you need to get more certain about us, but I'm here and if you have questions I'm happy to answer. So far your posts about/to us have mostly been observations, and there's only so much I can do with that.
Is this a response to me? I wasn't talking about reads on other people or saying that you hadn't done that.

And I realize my concerns are very potentially a me problem and in part stemming from the fact that this game started when it did, and I've been constantly behind and catching up when I can. I'll be getting caught up tonight though and should be on top of things for the remainder of the day though!
It is, yeah. I mean, there's a lot more to what we've both posted than our read of you.

FWIW in WH13 I wanted to outsource my read of you since I was hydraing with an expert, but didn't get that luxury. I got to a solid townread when I decided I needed to go it alone on day 1 and not wait for reads sync.

In Smokefilled, I was treating both you and Syr as masons practically from the start. My read of Syr was slightly stronger because he's an easier read for me. And we'd just made ourselves a masonry out of our neighborhood in the FGO 1 game, and a little of that vibe carried over to the dethy PT.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:29 pm

Post by morph the cat »

Actually I think my partner may have had a townread of you before he got too busy to follow the game. details are fuzzy and I'd have to go back through a discord chat to nail the timing down.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:31 pm

Post by morph the cat »

More importantly spay is completely trusting my reader she mentioned and I tend to make very snap quick decisions and never regret them when it comes to alignments of people whose play I know better than they do sometimes I understand your hesitance and accepting that fact or thinking that it's too soon but if anything that was slow on my part.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:33 pm

Post by morph the cat »

For what it's worth I did have an entire plan written out if I drew scum and you two Drew town that not even spay has or will see.

You never know when I might need it in the future after all.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:36 pm

Post by morph the cat »

I admit to being fully biased as she is literally my wife but people really underestimate how good of a scum Hunter penguin is and so I am more than content once I have a good read on her to write off into the sunset using her coattails.
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:39 pm

Post by Shirou »

In post 1364, morph the cat wrote:What were you thinking could be an advantage to doing this over having a flip and a bunch of trajectories to analyze?
I was kinda thinking about how we should optimally try to resolve contradicting cop claims in later stages of the game (which probably will happen because scum kinda has every motivation to do so in the last days if plausible), but I didn't have any master plan in mind specifically at that moment, I simply wondered if I could consider "no elimination" as one of the possible tools to try to develop a good way to solve that kind of situation, so I asked the mod.

On hindsight it probably feels like one of those empty mech posts/questions scum asks the mod to look busy, but eh that was truly what I was thinking.
"Que será, será. Whatever will be, will be."

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
~Firebringer on town!Shirou
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
~town!Norwee jokes about scum!Shirou's actual plan
(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:44 pm

Post by Shirou »

In post 1346, implosion wrote:Shirou it's very rude of you to have so many of your stances be the same as mine.
heh

It's kinda why I upgraded you to null town rather than null. Your play here slightly remembers me of that game where you were SK and trying to not create too many waves (at least that's how I see your play there), but I like the fact we've very similar takes on some slots more than that.
"Que será, será. Whatever will be, will be."

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
~Firebringer on town!Shirou
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
~town!Norwee jokes about scum!Shirou's actual plan
(Aka Volpe14)
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:53 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

sickness hijacked my braincells vla for a few days
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:54 pm

Post by fua »

Am I the only one whose brain shuts off whenever people start to talk about other games that have happened?
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:55 pm

Post by fua »

Like, I want to engage, but then I read posts like 1378 and my eyes glaze over. (No offense.)
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:16 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1387, fua wrote:Like, I want to engage, but then I read posts like 1378 and my eyes glaze over. (No offense.)
If you want to engage me, there are plenty of posts I've made that don't reference old games. Or, pick a topic.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:16 pm

Post by fua »

In post 1388, morph the cat wrote:
In post 1387, fua wrote:Like, I want to engage, but then I read posts like 1378 and my eyes glaze over. (No offense.)
If you want to engage me, there are plenty of posts I've made that don't reference old games. Or, pick a topic.
I didn't mean you specifically but just any post that references past games. That was just the most recent example.
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:19 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

I can understand that. It's kind of difficult for me to metaread someone of off something I have had no personal engagement with. Being on the outside looking in of a finished game where I already know all alignments is quite a big change in perspective compared to if I was actually there, interacting with their slot.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:28 pm

Post by morph the cat »

The offer stands.

I'm here, and aside from the occasional bristle/snap I'm mostly friendly.

Sort of like my terrier...
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:50 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 259, fua wrote:It’s the open acknowledgment of self-awareness coupled with his LAMIST attitude and admission of uselessness that made me suspicious of him to begin with. The part I quoted in particular stands out as pretty odd to me.
This post at the time it was posted really bugged me, mostly because pulling out buzzwords so quickly always does, and LAMIST is one of the buzzwords I usually feel is least useful in describing a player's content. At the time I was townreading Shirou pretty hard and didn't really look past my negative reaction to whether contextually the post made sense or not. It actually did, as fua later defended adequately, hence this read also going townward.
In post 263, morph the cat wrote:
Day Masonize: Amazon

Ready to locktown as of 257.

Let me know when you two nerds catch up to our read~
We were already townreading Amazons at this point, but the post did crystalize the read. Though I acknowledge, Tammy that you quite likely can make that kind of post as scum. But, the context of it all just really did it for us.

Since then we've only found more reasons to townread you both. At this point you'd have to paint yourself red, make terrifying snow angels and post pics to shake the read. Or, make questionable statements/stances, that might work, too.
In post 270, numberQ wrote:Fast game, wee. I haven't read every post since my last one. Just gonna try to spit out some thoughts as they came to me while reading.
In post 173, fua wrote:VOTE: Shirou

Very self-aware. Almost too self-aware, if I do say so myself.
This is an interesting thought (that I see has already been scrutinized later in the thread so I won't dwell too much on it). I think there's merit in scumreading self-awareness, scum generally ARE hyper aware of what they're doing, if it looks good, what the implications might be of saying something, etc.
In post 174, Cephrir wrote:
In post 148, morph the cat wrote:Ceph what are your page 6 thoughts?
i'm liking shirou a moderate amount. they seem at ease and i don't mean because they're talking about how at ease they are/want to be.

i didn't care for fua's first post.
Interested in how claiming confusion over hydras is anything but NAI. Like, I've seen scum fake confusion over the mechanics to appear +town. But over hydra composition?
In post 178, Amazonian Legends wrote:
In post 166, fua wrote:
In post 164, morph the cat wrote:
In post 156, fua wrote:
In post 110, Amazonian Legends wrote:Hey GuiltyLion! Still love the avatar.

What do you expect from Ydrasse this game?

--PA
Why ask this?
Why did post 110 in particular need to be poked at?
Just genuinely wondering because I’m confused as to what the end goal of the question is.
Why do I need an end goal?

--PA
This answer is +town. The question she's answering is -town.
Pulling this numbers post out in entirety because it was his second post and I didn't like it quite as much as I did the first one.

So I agree that PA's question-back is +town in the abstract, but I don't think it's out of her scumrange at all. IOW this kind of post is not why I'm townreading her and Tammy.

All in all, players pushing fua at this point in the game began to feel like going for low-hanging fruit and I didn't care much for that. I think the pushes on newer/unknown players should be looked back at when the game has progressed into the hard data phase. And yes, I was one of the earlier players pushing fua, but between NSG's admonishment and fua's I calmed down and started to appreciate the swagger.
In post 273, numberQ wrote:The interaction between Tejate and Ceph from 238 on is pinging me. 238 itself does strike me as a lot of nothing that
could
be scum indicative. Ceph calling him out on it though, for some reason I didn't like it even though I generally agreed with the sentiment. And overall I feel like Tejate is coming out of that back and forth looking towny, and Ceph null-scum.
I agreed with this at the time. I still feel the reaction to 238 was one of the more questionable things that Ceph has done, though I've come around to a townlean. It's tenuous because he keeps posting shit about us that has a casting asparagus from the sidelines feel to it. See below.
In post 299, implosion wrote:I also don't really think tejate raichu is scummy as of now and there's a couple things he's said that I think are at least a little towny.
I'm several pages past this post, and I didn't see anyone ask about this, and I'd like to know what the things he'd said at that point seemed a little towny too you.
In post 314, GuiltyLion wrote:implosion and nQ get major towncred for mindmelds

and I kinda townread Ydrasse so far too
What were your mindmeld congruencies with Implosion?
In post 323, numberQ wrote:I want to TR Tejate because he does seem earnest. Plus I don't see S/S in Tejate + Ceph, and currently I like Ceph for scum. But I feel like Tejate isn't, I don't know, rocking the boat at all? I guess you don't have to do that to be town, but when I read most of his posts it feels kind of narrow and flat. I'm not seeing anything that makes me think "oh yeah, he's trying to pursue lines of thought and look for new angles to solve from".

Should probably re-ISO him but I'm out of time tonight, likely won't be on again until tomorrow.
The Tejate stance is +town to me based on what was in the game at this point.
In post 349, Shirou wrote:
In post 347, fua wrote:I don’t really care because you haven’t made your point yet.
?

okay I'll draw it then.

in this game at the moment we don't know whether you're lying or not since we don't know your alignment.

in the thread I linked, we know for sure you were telling the truth, you had no reason to lie.

In this current game you replied sarcastically to someone basically implying that you were well-versed/experienced as scum so people should hold you up to higher standards.

In the scum PT I linked you to, you admit you aren't very inexperienced and that it's your second scum game ever.

You probably gained a bit more confidence in your scum game from the win in that recent scum game, but your sarcastic reply still feels ?"overdone"? to me in a certain extent?

It's the kind of reply I would expect from someone like Flavor Leaf or so, but not really from a newer player without too much scum experience on their belts.
I kinda don't like the use of "we" here. It comes off as trying to project "we the town".

On page 15, I like pretty much everything that fua posted. He even echoed my paranoia-pair thoughts.
In post 376, Cephrir wrote:
In post 362, fua wrote:I can see implosion and GL as a scum pairing.
i was just thinking of emptyvoting one of these two and now my thunder is slightly stolen. v rude.

VOTE: guiltylion
You, too, echoing my paranoia thoughts.

And then
In post 378, Cephrir wrote:fua, why morph town? i was just thinking it's a little alarming i don't have any reason to townread them yet
This was tiresome at the time. It's gotten about 5 times more tiresome since. Fucking figure me out. It's not that hard.
Amazonian Legends
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:21 pm

In post 1364, morph the cat wrote:Was there a reason why you'd think he might disagree?
Yes; I think he'd expect Tammy reading ffery to be more accurate than me reading him. I don't want to bog the game down with personal navel-gazing, but IRL he's a lot better at ferreting out what's going on in my head than vice versa. Maybe this is a low self-esteem take. I'm at a town read on you rather than a day three pass, but it's taken time.

I still really like our vote on redtea after a day to think and in light of the intervening posts. I'm also somehow not a fan of the imaginality wagon composition. It feels like its sincerity drops with every vote that joins.

--PA
Amazonian Legends
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:32 pm

In post 1077, morph the cat wrote:I'm here.

I'm absorbing atm.

My read of implosion is really frustrating. I feel strongly something's off with him, but it's so hard pinpoint/find words.
In post 1097, morph the cat wrote:
In post 1094, implosion wrote:
In post 1093, morph the cat wrote:I don't think so. Pretty sure I was bugged before you expressed that. I think it probably has more to do with having suspected and even voted you at times in the dedede game I just didn't have certainty and conviction, and I don't want to make that mistake again here.
In dedede you had very specific things you nailed me on, or at least one, if I remember. Like I mentioned there was a single post you shredded me over that I immediately regretted making.
Right, and I didn't hang on to that read. And I wouldn't expect you to make that kind of misstep again, probably ever, but definitely not playing with us.

And, in that game I think we were well beyond 40 pages when that exchange occurred.

Your playstyle feels very similar here in some ways.

You're not going to convince me that this entirely an exercise of jumping at shadows. If I come to that conclusion it will on my own.
Have you been able to townread implosion in games where he’s been town?
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:35 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1394, Amazonian Legends wrote:
In post 1077, morph the cat wrote:I'm here.

I'm absorbing atm.

My read of implosion is really frustrating. I feel strongly something's off with him, but it's so hard pinpoint/find words.
In post 1097, morph the cat wrote:
In post 1094, implosion wrote:
In post 1093, morph the cat wrote:I don't think so. Pretty sure I was bugged before you expressed that. I think it probably has more to do with having suspected and even voted you at times in the dedede game I just didn't have certainty and conviction, and I don't want to make that mistake again here.
In dedede you had very specific things you nailed me on, or at least one, if I remember. Like I mentioned there was a single post you shredded me over that I immediately regretted making.
Right, and I didn't hang on to that read. And I wouldn't expect you to make that kind of misstep again, probably ever, but definitely not playing with us.

And, in that game I think we were well beyond 40 pages when that exchange occurred.

Your playstyle feels very similar here in some ways.

You're not going to convince me that this entirely an exercise of jumping at shadows. If I come to that conclusion it will on my own.
Have you been able to townread implosion in games where he’s been town?
it didn't hold completely but I worked into a townread of him in Empire's swag wars mini.

2 hiatus ago.
Amazonian Legends
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:13 pm

I ask because I was trying to make sense of my own read there. Penguin suspects implosion and I’ve just basically said I dunno. But really he doesn’t seem any different from other games, but I’ve never been great at reading him I don’t think. Iirc most of the time I have him as possible town unless other things in the game have made that clearer.
Amazonian Legends
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:17 pm

In post 1158, Tejate Raichu wrote:I certainly agree with that, amicability most certainly is a factor when it comes down to who you want to put on a wagon. But I don't think most people would outright say "Wow, that Tejate guy's a riot, let's not kill him". It doesn't feel like an actual good reason.
Funny people are town. It is known.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:18 pm

Post by morph the cat »

Are you two a total sync on redtea?
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:25 pm

Post by fua »

> I kinda don't like the use of "we" here. It comes off as trying to project "we the town".

@Morph Too lazy to snip that whole post, but this basically puts into words why I’ve been suspicious of Tejate for a while now.

Return to “Completed Open Games”