fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:26 pm

Post by fua »

Imaginality saying “Yeah, this is understandable” to all of his scumreads voting him also reads as very strange.
Amazonian Legends
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:31 pm

Post by Amazonian Legends »

In post 1398, morph the cat wrote:Are you two a total sync on redtea?
I don’t have a townread on red tea. That’s as far as I’m at right now. I’m tryimg to get completely caught up tonight though and then I’ll go back and look ashis posts specifically.
Amazonian Legends
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:35 pm

They. Err
Amazonian Legends
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:35 pm

Err should be sorry dumb phone
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:38 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

In post 1397, Amazonian Legends wrote:
In post 1158, Tejate Raichu wrote:I certainly agree with that, amicability most certainly is a factor when it comes down to who you want to put on a wagon. But I don't think most people would outright say "Wow, that Tejate guy's a riot, let's not kill him". It doesn't feel like an actual good reason.
Funny people are town. It is known.
You make a compelling case, I retract my suspicion.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:51 pm

Post by imaginality »

Busy workday here so have just skimmed today's posts but this made me lol:
In post 1392, morph the cat wrote:
[Cephrir] keeps posting shit about us that has a casting asparagus from the sidelines feel to it.
It's the cauliflowers you really have to watch out for.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:54 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1396, Amazonian Legends wrote:I ask because I was trying to make sense of my own read there. Penguin suspects implosion and I’ve just basically said I dunno. But really he doesn’t seem any different from other games, but I’ve never been great at reading him I don’t think. Iirc most of the time I have him as possible town unless other things in the game have made that clearer.
You were in the swag mini too. I don't remember your reads of Implosion. He was a 2-shot vig iirc.

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=62686
Amazonian Legends
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:00 pm

In post 1406, morph the cat wrote:
In post 1396, Amazonian Legends wrote:I ask because I was trying to make sense of my own read there. Penguin suspects implosion and I’ve just basically said I dunno. But really he doesn’t seem any different from other games, but I’ve never been great at reading him I don’t think. Iirc most of the time I have him as possible town unless other things in the game have made that clearer.
You were in the swag mini too. I don't remember your reads of Implosion. He was a 2-shot vig iirc.

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=62686
Welp. If I ended up having a hard time reading implosion later, I certainly didn’t then since I said that I’ve easily townread him in the gameswe played together and in one he was my first true town read lol.

I still do enjoy playing with implosion and was happy he was playing here. I wish my confidence in my ability to read him remained.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:02 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 427, GuiltyLion wrote:I will say this though, frankly, your reasons for townreading redtea suck and you should re-evaluate there. Again, they didn't take any real stance on your alignment, just buddied up to you while offering a generic vague statement about your playstyle that has nothing to do with your alignment
This post I agreed with.
In post 434, implosion wrote:
In post 404, fua wrote:
In post 402, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 362, fua wrote:I can see implosion and GL as a scum pairing.
is this because of any specific interactions between us, or just because we are both voting you
It’s because you have no interactions with each other and yet pray to the reach gods to try to fabricate a reason to scumread me within less than a page of one another. But that’s just why I think you could be paired even outside of you both individually being scum.
This is also kind of weird. I feel like scum if anything will try to have
different
reads from each other. I feel like if I were scum and saw a scumbuddy fabricate a scumread on player X the last thing I would do is then go "hm, i should also fabricate a scumread on player X".

And there's plenty of players that I at least have not interacted with at all.
Had to check. Your partners in dedede voted together occasionally on day 1. you did not vote with them.

-----------

I really didn't like the gang up on fua by GL and Implosion on page 18.
In post 466, implosion wrote:I very desperately want to call Shirou super town but I feel like he's the kind of slot that I incorrectly townread sometimes.

I like tejate/ceph/nQ/ydrasse for town so far.
I didn't hate these reads when they hit the thread, but only one of these players was a townread for me at the time and that was a little alarming. Implosion later wrote it up to our reads of Amazon not being the same.

----------

So much sync with Amazons on page 20-21. :/
In post 548, Amazonian Legends wrote:
In post 512, morph the cat wrote:
In post 508, Amazonian Legends wrote:
In post 310, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 243, Cephrir wrote:so 238 essentially just says "hey look everyone i have handwritten notes" since there is no actual reason for it to exist.
this post in particular

I could definitely imagine it being town in Ceph's spot trying to pressure a questionable slot, but it's just ever so slightly too aggressive for me. like I can see where Ceph is coming from calling out that the "notes" comment is a bit LAMISTy, but it's not too hard for me to imagine a town!Tejate writing the post and thinking it might be useful, he feels genuine to me
morph (and penguin)

What did you guys think about this? Both the original post by Ceph and the analysis by Guilty Lion?
When the post hit the thread, we snorted at Ceph dusting off the Titus handwritten notes tell. And we don't think it's a valid observation in this case.

I don't really have an objection to GL's characterization of Ceph, beyond my general concern that many of his stances so far feel overblown given the data in the thread.

Also I'm gonna have to break out the benadryl if I see many more "LAMISTy" references.
Ceph's post there had a little kick to it, and I was trying to remember if that was more likely to come from ceph!town than ceph!scum. It's been so long, but I thought I remember it being more likely to come from town him?

Anyway, I found gl's post there about it a bit scummy, but then I just read through his back and forth with fua, and I liked his posts there, so now I"m kinda meh on thinking this was a scummy post.

I'm caught up but need to step away and finish some work, so I'll be back shortly.
My issue is that I felt that fua's posts were bleeding town at this point, which is why both GL and Implosion going at him at once just really bugged me.

---------------

I won't be posting much until I've finished watching my story. Back for realz in an hour or so.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:08 pm

Post by catboi »

This is a generalized reminder from your moderator: Please make an effort to refer to users by their specified pronouns.
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:36 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

I'm going to re-analyze imaginality a bit. I feel like my initial suspicion on them was partially a product of myself focusing too much on that one particular statement. Also redtea's comment is fair enough on this matter I suppose. I personally wouldn't outright say "hey that guy's funny let's keep him around" in a read post, as I prefer to keep those posts mostly serious, but I guess not everyone feels the same about that.

Also I still feel like my vote on them last night was a bit hasty, my bloodlust gets pretty high when I'm tired.

Amazonian, while you're still on, you mentioned in a post earlier tonight that you had concerns about the imaginality wagon. Can you elaborate?
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:37 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

I really need to stop making such general statements. Can you elaborate on what you meant by "the wagon felt like it gained less credibility with each vote on it"? Was it the speed, players you SR'd, certain opinions on imaginality?
Amazonian Legends
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:39 pm

In post 1313, morph the cat wrote:I'm curious if Tammy has played with implosion more recently than I have. Also GuiltyLion.
No, I took my mafia break back in 2017 and haven't played with implosion until this game. I do not think I've played with guilty lion either.
Amazonian Legends
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:40 pm

In post 1411, Tejate Raichu wrote:I really need to stop making such general statements. Can you elaborate on what you meant by "the wagon felt like it gained less credibility with each vote on it"? Was it the speed, players you SR'd, certain opinions on imaginality?
Penguin made that post; I'm not sure she's around tonight, but I'm sure she'll answer it when she is.
Amazonian Legends
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:01 pm

In post 1411, Tejate Raichu wrote:I really need to stop making such general statements. Can you elaborate on what you meant by "the wagon felt like it gained less credibility with each vote on it"? Was it the speed, players you SR'd, certain opinions on imaginality?
Here's what I was looking at when I wrote that:
In post 1375, catboi wrote:imaginality (5): fua, Cephrir, Ydrasse, implosion, Shirou
Player composition first; early wagon inspired more confidence than later wagon. Then speed. I remember a bunch of people just shrugging and going sure, why not. I need to go back and read the individual justifications for a full judgment. It was quite a contrast to how the redtea wagon is (not) forming. Not that I'm bitter or anything. I do take honey in my tea like a barbarian so I'm covered there.

--PA
Amazonian Legends
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:15 pm

I am caught up. It's also past my bedtime and I'm crashing. I will be around more over the next few days and will compile my thoughts tomorrow. Also playing mafia sober is weird. I think for years drinking something while playing helped me focus and clear all the clutter and distractions in my brain, and caused huge messes too, but sober my brain is like shiny wait what page was I on? lol.

Anyway, I'll talk about my reads tomorrow. Ffery, that point you made about GL going after fua there; that was one part of the game that I really liked GL. I was town leaning fua by that point, but that interaction ended up making me townread fua stronger and made me town lean GL. Maybe I wouldn't like it so much in retrospect, but I suspected GL's earlier posts and then liked that interaction.

I'll probably not crash right away, so I might post. Just no deep thoughts, if they exist, until tomorrow.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:16 pm

Post by morph the cat »

VOTE: redtea

Sync Achieved.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:17 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1415, Amazonian Legends wrote:I am caught up. It's also past my bedtime and I'm crashing. I will be around more over the next few days and will compile my thoughts tomorrow. Also playing mafia sober is weird. I think for years drinking something while playing helped me focus and clear all the clutter and distractions in my brain, and caused huge messes too, but sober my brain is like shiny wait what page was I on? lol.

Anyway, I'll talk about my reads tomorrow. Ffery, that point you made about GL going after fua there; that was one part of the game that I really liked GL. I was town leaning fua by that point, but that interaction ended up making me townread fua stronger and made me town lean GL. Maybe I wouldn't like it so much in retrospect, but I suspected GL's earlier posts and then liked that interaction.

I'll probably not crash right away, so I might post. Just no deep thoughts, if they exist, until tomorrow.
I like GL better than I do Implosion.

I'll say that much.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:14 pm

Post by Cephrir »

VOTE: redtea

'Kay.

Morph I think you need to just be ok with me taking my sweet time on you. Ffery alone I've occasionally gotten there by the end of day 1 but even then I often dont. It's an important read for me to get right and I don't intend to rush. Sideline sniping is not unusual behavior from me.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:17 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1374, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1372, Amazonian Legends wrote:I know it's annoying when you're expecting someone to town read you easily and work together, and they're sitting over there squinty eyed
me, living this every game
Who is it this game who should be townreading you and working with you and isn't?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:31 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I mean I often think I should be townread but it never happens, and I cannot back that up; I'd love to be worthy of working with you sometime but I know that that's not what I get to do and my analytical abilities arent really up to snuff anyway.

I guess I'm just bitching about never getting to be in the cool kids club while also being unwilling to do the work required.
Bartleby the Scrivener
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:36 pm

Post by morph the cat »

The times we have been able to work together were good games. Advance Wars. Even dedede. it's not a matter of worthiness, but of finding each other.

I've been trying to find a moment of zen. neuterhalf trusts peng to read you after the bloodstained game. it's games like that one that cause me to want to keep my guard up, but I feel like I should build a bridge and get over it.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:37 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I suppose it's happened. Usually I feel like everyone insists on holding me at arm's length. Perhaps I'mjust not meeting some standard of townies but boy is that bar high.j
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:41 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I'm not much of a mobile typist huh.
Bartleby the Scrivener
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:47 pm

Post by morph the cat »

AtE is kryptonite. :/

I'll try not to channel Pippin tomorrow.

Return to “Completed Open Games”