He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1900 (ISO) » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:59 pm

Post by Val89 »

In post 1868, Roden wrote:his recent attempt to discredit the town reads on LLD
I'm sorry? Come again?

Look, I understand having been asked to justify your read d, you have to come up with some crap, but at least do me the curtesy of actually reading my posts, rather than glancing at them, please.

I absolutely believe this should be the lim today.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1901 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:22 am

Post by Val89 »

I am, however, willing to compromise.

I have had no reason to townread Ircher, but wasn't convinced the lack of "on-pointness" that mastina described was AI at the early stage it was raised, and thought it better to wait and see if things improved.

They haven't, but my reads on some of the characters that jumped on the wagon while I was waiting gave me pause.

I'm still not TRing that slot, though, and my head understands its probably a mistake to rely on my reads on other slots at this stage.

VOTE: Ircher
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1902 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:25 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1899, Bell wrote:You lurk every game. So saying I’m voting you for lurking is just dishonest. Even as scum I would have a better reason.

Also, schools reopened this week. I’m pretty sure you’re aware of this so I have no idea why you’re trying to even push me using this angle.
Are you saying that schools opening is limiting your posting.

Here, I've got receipts. It's not t he rate of posting, it's what you choose to talk about. Here are some posts I've pulled from games from where you were town, close to the day 1 elimination:

Spoiler: Town Game 1
Subject: Yggdrasil - Stratum FINAL -
Bell wrote:
In post 1417, Chara wrote:Bell: i think there's a difference between your personal read on a slot and that slot being low-hanging fruit, but i'm also not sure if discussing it further would be helpful. what's your read on Whemestar?
Sure, there is definitely a difference between them, sometimes I don't choose my words carefully enough.
I am idly wondering if frequency of his votes early game is alignment indicative for him. Other wise, I he's floaty and idk.
Bell wrote:Wheme seems pretty genuine to me and I suspect half or more of the people on his wagon.
To me, it's a bad wagon. It does not help that it appears to be the most viable and *easiest* wagon with the more obvious town players being the only real objectees.
Bell wrote:I’m not a big fan of ircher’s continued push on Notty. It reeks of posturing.

Spoiler: Town Game 2
Subject: Mini 2230: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night: Game Over
Snarky Fishes wrote:Sure. LLD died to cabd recently and they have expressed a desire to kill them and they have expressed the idea of killing players for non-alignment reasons. Since rhea is playing this game i’m not entirely sure how to weigh their analysis. Their argument appears to be that medea started out with a fall back plan in mind. They said as much initially that they were giving us meat on their role instead of other information for us to generate a town read on them(?)

Pooky is hard to read for me. I find his read accuracy as town pretty good. But he also keeps going back and forth on medea and their reasoning is somewhat unclear. Which isn’t that rare for them. But it makes it difficult for me to sheep.

-Bell.

Okay, now my meeting has actually started so I’m out. Ta ta for now.
Subject: Mini 2230: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night: Game Over
Snarky Fishes wrote:Annie, Lukewarm and Dunnstral are my town selections for this game day.

I think Titus is scum.
You might as well have posted my thoughts out in the thread in regards to Pooky/Medea, except I'm not as worried that both are town. Though of the two I lean Medea even though Pooky is sort of limp.
But he's a teddy bear, he can't help it.

Uhh Everywhere else is kinda of up in the air. I won't lie, I'm TRing Ceph based on their approach to Medea, I'm Tring unwnd for "things scum don't or won't say.txt with a healthy dose of paranoia.

Everybody else is basically where I left them last time. Spiffeh continues to toe my scum line. Rhea is a vibe town read.

I'm independently SRIng AA9, but whatever, I'll just say I told you so if they wind up being scum this game.

-Bell

In both of these games you are still talking about stuff and considering things at about the point in the game that we're at right now.

Spoiler: This game
In post 1632, Bell wrote:*wiggles outreached fingers*

Vote Grendal, the game has stalled and I want him to claim.
He hasn't made the slot better.
In post 1641, Bell wrote:It does not directly imply it, but I find that non-posters are not gunna post no matter how much or how little everyone else posts.
In post 1643, Bell wrote:Now, how they are perceived or how much attention their posts get in a relative vacuum of activity, that's fair I guess. But it doesn't really change that they aren't posting. It's more of the equivalent of human attention span-news cycle-lurking.

But voting a lurker until morale improves is certainly not terrible at this stage of the game.
In post 1646, Bell wrote:There's almost nothing to agree or disagree with. Neither have posted much.
In post 1869, Bell wrote:
In post 1867, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:bell u should vote ircher instead

or else i will b forced to crush u like a small cartoon puppy dog and literally everyone in the game will cry
I’m okay with eliminating you if you’re wrong on Ircher.

Sound good?
In post 1882, Bell wrote:
In post 1872, Dunnstral wrote:Bell what is your reason for pushing my slot all game?
Your posts felt wrong all game.

In this game you vaguely push at lurkers in multiple posts, make threats at Mush, and simply say vote x, vote y without any reasoning.

You aren't
discussing
or
considering
anything, and it shows.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1903 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:27 am

Post by Dunnstral »

That's also why I'm saying you are voting me for lurking - because you made multiple posts indicating that you were going after people for lurking. Am I misunderstanding?

We're on page 77 and the extent of your reads being "your posts felt wrong" and "lurkers bad (except me)" is really unnatural when compared side by side with your town games.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1904 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:28 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

And people actually said that the Dunnstral slot was scum.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
The Three Bears
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1905 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:55 am

Post by The Three Bears »

In post 1804, The Three Bears wrote:
HEY ANDANTE!

In post 1788, The Three Bears wrote:
In post 1747, Andante wrote:Ceph, Dragons, Idk who I wanna vote, like, I don't think Grendel is a bad vote, I'm down to yeet Arcade too, ahhhhh
But... WhhHHhhHhHhHyyyYyYyYYyyYyY??? Whats good about the Grendal waaaagooooon?
@Andante
this is what you're ignnoooooorrrrring.

-PiNK
a beary good hydra \o/
The Three Bears
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1906 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:57 am

In post 1895, Toogeloo wrote:Like... 80% of the enemies in the game are various forms of Hiss corrupted Agents.

Nah, if I had to wager a guess, we're either fighting Objects of Power, like the Anchor, or variations from such (hello esseJ), or main Hiss Agents like Tomassi or Trench, maybe a combination of both.

In fact, just a bet in general, the scum team could simply just be all the bosses with no real alignment differential.

Tomassi
Mold-1
Former
Anchor
esseJ
Dylan

Trench could possibly be swapped in somewhere, even though not a boss. And of course DLC could be a factor with Hartman.
Game isn't flavour solvable, at least using EoG canon. Just saying.

-Plinkie
a beary good hydra \o/
The Three Bears
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1907 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:59 am

In post 1901, Val89 wrote:I am, however, willing to compromise.

I have had no reason to townread Ircher, but wasn't convinced the lack of "on-pointness" that mastina described was AI at the early stage it was raised, and thought it better to wait and see if things improved.

They haven't, but my reads on some of the characters that jumped on the wagon while I was waiting gave me pause.

I'm still not TRing that slot, though, and my head understands its probably a mistake to rely on my reads on other slots at this stage.

This makes me not wanna lim Ircher. ngl.

Val I'm sure I've got outstanding questions to you...

--Pink Astronaut Bean is sus of you
a beary good hydra \o/
The Three Bears
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1908 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:04 am

In post 1747, Andante wrote:Ceph, Dragons, Idk who I wanna vote, like, I don't think Grendel is a bad vote, I'm down to yeet Arcade too, ahhhhh
In post 1759, Val89 wrote:Is there a case that's not based on activity?
You got another else other than LLD taking a shot at us? Like you've read more than me in theory you gotta have something.

*points to the chilli pile*

Bell peppers are worse than pepperonis btw, don't disappoint me. Gimme something spicy!!

-- Pinkie the pepper bear
People really don't wanna see this post do they?

-The Loch Pinkie Bear
a beary good hydra \o/
Tet
Tet
Goon
Tet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1909 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:21 am

Post by Tet »

In post 1906, The Three Bears wrote:
In post 1895, Toogeloo wrote:Like... 80% of the enemies in the game are various forms of Hiss corrupted Agents.

Nah, if I had to wager a guess, we're either fighting Objects of Power, like the Anchor, or variations from such (hello esseJ), or main Hiss Agents like Tomassi or Trench, maybe a combination of both.

In fact, just a bet in general, the scum team could simply just be all the bosses with no real alignment differential.

Tomassi
Mold-1
Former
Anchor
esseJ
Dylan

Trench could possibly be swapped in somewhere, even though not a boss. And of course DLC could be a factor with Hartman.
Game isn't flavour solvable, at least using EoG canon. Just saying.

-Plinkie
Very unfortunate to hear.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1910 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:19 am

Post by Roden »

In post 1900, Val89 wrote:
In post 1868, Roden wrote:his recent attempt to discredit the town reads on LLD
I'm sorry? Come again?

Look, I understand having been asked to justify your read d, you have to come up with some crap, but at least do me the curtesy of actually reading my posts, rather than glancing at them, please.

I absolutely believe this should be the lim today.
Aren't these posts yours?

Spoiler:
In post 1550, Val89 wrote:
In post 1491, Save The Dragons wrote:Lady Lambdadelta - null not convinced by thread lock
To be fair, the thread lock wasn't the "mod reaction" I was refering to. It was this one:
In post 322, SirCakez wrote:
Carry/hold/??? onwards/forwards/into the unknowable future
It's possible I have either incorrectly deduced cause and effect there, or I've misunderstood what I am seeing, but for now, that is enough to put LLD in the strong town bucket, until one of those assumptions is proven false.
In post 1732, Val89 wrote:I still can't understand why, when the issue of LLDs alignment and the interaction with the bears comes up, the focus remains on the fact it was presented as a fake vig, and the fact that the mod locked the thread - something SirCakez specifically stated was not game related - rather than the other mod response.

I could understand if there was an argument being made that it could possibly have still come from scum, perhaps, but for it to have been ignored completely in favour of a discussion on what metagame info might be gleaned from the thread locking instead make me think I must be missing something obvious, here.
In post 1734, Val89 wrote:
In post 1733, Save The Dragons wrote:i feel like both are unimportant
Unimportant with respect to LLDs alignment, or unimportant in general?

If you mean the later, I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. SirCakez says the thread locking was not related to the game state, which strongly implies the other post was.

I don't know if the apparent concensus to straight up ignore it was deliberate, and I'm not understanding due to my inexperience outside the known setup of the newbie queue, but it's fed very strongly into how I am reading LLD.
In post 1742, Val89 wrote:I'm not sure I understand Cephrir. SirCakez said the locking of the thread was a bit of trolling, presumably to lend a bit of credibility to the idea LLD had legitimately dayvigged the bears. The other post wasn't mentioned, and would not do that. I assume therefore, that was legitimate and intended.

With respect to knowing that it was related to what LLD did, the short answer is that I don't know for sure, and that's what I mean by misunderstanding cause and effect, but if it wasn't, there is a big timing coincidence there.
In post 1745, Val89 wrote:I think was a mod response to an activated ability that prompts a public mod response, the existence of which potentially provides a clue to one or more players alignment.

You don't?

I at least understand what StD is saying about it potentially not being caused by LLD posting "Seize: X" in the public thread, and that's something I've considered and explained why at least at this stage is an assumption I'm happy making, but im not entirely sure what you are trying to say, Cephrir.

Anyway, do you have anything else to say about the read?
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1911 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:56 am

Post by Val89 »

Roden wrote: Aren't these posts yours?
In post 1550, Val89 wrote:
In post 1491, Save The Dragons wrote:Lady Lambdadelta - null not convinced by thread lock
To be fair, the thread lock wasn't the "mod reaction" I was refering to. It was this one:
In post 322, SirCakez wrote:
Carry/hold/??? onwards/forwards/into the unknowable future
It's possible I have either incorrectly deduced cause and effect there, or I've misunderstood what I am seeing, but for now,
that is enough to put LLD in the strong town bucket
, until one of those assumptions is proven false.
Yes. They are. As is this one, which appears in sequence of the ones you quoted, but for some strange reason you seem to have ommited.
In post 1738, Val89 wrote:
In post 1736, Save The Dragons wrote:how does it relate to LLD's alignment
LLD does something, Mod publically does two things, one of which SirCakez says was a bit of trolling, presumably meaning the other wasn't.

Again, I would understand an argument from people with more experience with the source, or theme games in general, that it could still possibly come from scum, or perhaps I am misunderstanding cause and effect, but my initial thinking is that if you are going to do something that invokes a public response from a mod,
you aren't doing that so openly if you are scum
See, I might have brought the idea that Roden might have somehow mistook my posts to mean I was suggesting LLD was scum, if he were literally glancing at them with the most mininimal of attention; although I would still say to only glance at the posts of one of your top 3 scum reads when asked to justify for your reasons for it is scummy in itself, but to omit from a quote wall from to , has to be deliberate. Why did you chose to do that, Roden?

Are we seriously not voting this out today?
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1912 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:05 am

Post by Andante »

In post 1905, The Three Bears wrote:
In post 1804, The Three Bears wrote:
HEY ANDANTE!

@Andante
this is what you're ignnoooooorrrrring.

-PiNK
not sure what happened to the grendal wagon tbh
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1913 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:27 am

Post by Andante »

In post 1850, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1833, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Dunnstral where you the one that was posting all the time as hydra?
We were both posting, is there something you wanted specifics on?
What I find kinda interesting though, you've started posting a whole lot more here after a lot of us have been voting arcade. Like, Arcade didn't post much, what was posted wasn't too good, we vote arcade, now you're in like panic mode trying to save that slot, but like, there's stuff from Arcade I probably won't get past, thus I'm leaving my vote here
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: IT/ITS
Location: Everett-Wheeler Branch Q-5992-CLF3, Third Mouth of the Worm

Post Post #1914 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:29 am

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

god i fuckin hate it here. Bears pls keep in mind the deadline. remember what last minute compromise lims lead to every single goddamn time: they lead to green flips! ur not seeing multiple slots trying desperately to deflect away from a slot that plays like total shit????? pls think this thru
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1915 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:29 am

Post by Andante »

In post 1903, Dunnstral wrote:That's also why I'm saying you are voting me for lurking - because you made multiple posts indicating that you were going after people for lurking. Am I misunderstanding?

We're on page 77 and the extent of your reads being "your posts felt wrong" and "lurkers bad (except me)" is really unnatural when compared side by side with your town games.
I don't think anyone is voting you for lurking? Like, the arcade post...

Bell says: "I'm leaving"
10 posts later arcade is all "Let's vote bell for the reaction"

what sense does that even make?? if someone is leaving they won't react to something, it's literally just an attempt to look busy...
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1916 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:29 am

Post by Andante »

In post 1914, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:god i fuckin hate it here. Bears pls keep in mind the deadline. remember what last minute compromise lims lead to every single goddamn time: they lead to green flips! ur not seeing multiple slots trying desperately to deflect away from a slot that plays like total shit????? pls think this thru
oof I love it here, don't hate it here!!
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1917 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:31 am

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

(not meanin total shit comment as like personal attack at irch btw just like dude ur fuckin play doesnt deserve the fuckin ppl diving in front of the bullet ur getting, u barely contributin and when u do its bland as fuck)
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1918 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:35 am

Post by Andante »

Does Ircher always only talk in giant quote essays? these things are painful to read
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1919 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:36 am

Post by Andante »

like saying "I'm not impressed" to Toog's reads, when Ircher really hasn't even outed reads
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1920 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:38 am

Post by Andante »

In post 1792, Ircher wrote:This isn't a good vote. LLD I think had a pretty good early game before they became sick. While their current argument is rather poor form, it seems more a personality thing than anything and isn't particularly alignment indicative.
like, my LLD vote was a joke, and I feel like people actually reading would've seen that?
LLD went "I run this place"
I voted LLD...

Idk, like, if you sit down and actually read these responses in the quote essay, they're not amazing
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1921 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:40 am

Post by Andante »

I guess Dunn lives till tomorrow, but I'm not a fan of this "I only talk in quote essays cause I'm catching up" there's like no actual live interactions with anyone

No clue how close this is to a lim, recent vc is very old
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1922 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:50 am

Post by Bell »

In post 1903, Dunnstral wrote:That's also why I'm saying you are voting me for lurking - because you made multiple posts indicating that you were going after people for lurking. Am I misunderstanding?

I’m trying to get traction on a wagon and get a claim out of you because the game is stalling.
I also have games where I uncritically push for people to die suddenly.

For example, in northside’s game.

Are you saying you don’t know that schools reopened after a 3 week break and that there’s been a major spike in covid cases around the world.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1923 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:54 am

Post by Bell »

The quality of my posting and opinions is is gunna dive especially after I already said I basically haven’t read the last 10 pages or so (I still haven’t).

I made a meta joke about this in a game recently o think where I said as scum I would be more cognizant of appearing to pay attention as scum, and then I just recalled how I had mentioned in my previous, last scum game I had read the game twice and I’m like.
“Huh, I know myself strangely well sometimes.”
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1924 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:55 am