Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:46 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 393, OutWorldER wrote:it often feels like he's talking about them and not at them, I guess?
I definitely think he is doing that here. Have you seen him as scum to know if he only does this as town?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:48 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 399, Frogsterking wrote:VD Basar
:igmeou:
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:49 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 399, Frogsterking wrote:it would invalidate their ego to admit some of their assumptions about the world are completely and dangerously wrong.
Lol oh shit.

Please protect me from myself daddy
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:50 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 399, Frogsterking wrote:mischievous responding can invalidate the report.
Oh well then...
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:52 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Ok, I'm done talking about the survey now that my point has been proven.

I think frogster is in a best case scenario lying to himself about this, but I don't need to talk about it anymore to further judge where he is coming from on this.
YOUR AD HERE

Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:53 am

Post by Datisi »

fun fact: i actually held a short seminar last year on the topic of the big five personality traits as a part of my finals. i am well aware what they are.

i see no point in taking the test because i don't think it will be a net-benefit to town. on the subject of reading my alignment - i would answer it the same way regardless if i was town or scum. i consider myself a good enough scum player that i don't need to fake or skew any parts of my personality in order to achieve something in-game, so it's pretty unlikely it will help you in that regard. and as for my temperament - why should i be giving you a roadmap on how to interact with me? if you are scum, it gives you a headstart if you know how to use the data i presented. in either case, it makes *you* more difficult to read for *me* because i'm now aware you will be using my responses when you speak to me, and i don't like seeing filtered thoughts like that.

the idea of knowing our temperaments so that we can potentially work together better is nice on paper, but i don't think it's that simple in practice. in order for it to work, i'd have to trust you're town (and i see no reason to right now), and even then it might mask important reactions.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Reformed Toxic Player
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:00 am

Post by Reformed Toxic Player »

iv needs more votes
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:01 am

Post by Datisi »

VOTE: innocentvillager
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:02 am

Post by Aristeia »

VOTE: IV
Reformed Toxic Player
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:05 am

Post by Reformed Toxic Player »

that was easy
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:14 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 405, Datisi wrote:fun fact: i actually held a short seminar last year on the topic of the big five personality traits as a part of my finals. i am well aware what they are.

i see no point in taking the test because i don't think it will be a net-benefit to town. on the subject of reading my alignment - i would answer it the same way regardless if i was town or scum. i consider myself a good enough scum player that i don't need to fake or skew any parts of my personality in order to achieve something in-game, so it's pretty unlikely it will help you in that regard. and as for my temperament - why should i be giving you a roadmap on how to interact with me? if you are scum, it gives you a headstart if you know how to use the data i presented. in either case, it makes *you* more difficult to read for *me* because i'm now aware you will be using my responses when you speak to me, and i don't like seeing filtered thoughts like that.

the idea of knowing our temperaments so that we can potentially work together better is nice on paper, but i don't think it's that simple in practice. in order for it to work, i'd have to trust you're town (and i see no reason to right now), and even then it might mask important reactions.
I respect this line of thinking, and I think that choosing not to take the survey from an informed perspective is a response to the survey in and of itself which could be AI, like I think Something_Smart pointed out earlier.

My intuition tells me: that I could have entered a t v t death tunnel and that innocentvillager is a likely scum flip.

UNVOTE: VP For now, take a break, reset, come back later tonight with a fresh look.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:25 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 410, Frogsterking wrote:innocentvillager is a likely scum flip.
Would be interested to hear more specifics on your thought process here after your break.

My thought on IV: I don't hate the wagon composition on him right now necessarily. His absence this game so far is also notable. I usually find him a bit scummy early, so I am kind of reserved there, but his engagement is usually more. There isn't as much to work with here, and that is slightly concerning.
YOUR AD HERE

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:38 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 330, Datisi wrote:
In post 328, skitter30 wrote:Eh frog is probably town
why
Dont think scum cares that much abt this survey thing, i think he actually thinks it will be a helpful and useful way to sort the game
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:40 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 334, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 328, skitter30 wrote:Eh frog is probably town
Do you think VP Baltar and I are t v t?
If you had an argument before this i dont remember it, so i dont have a strong feeling on ur alignments as viewed through this pairing, if that makes sense

Remind me to reread the past couple of pages when i'm at a computer and i'll be able to give you a better answer

Fwiw independantly i think you're townie, vp is nullscum-pinging me but i wouldnt call him scum
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:42 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 349, Reformed Toxic Player wrote:Ok really frog is town theyre just pushing silly strategy which isnt scummy just ambitious :3
This ^
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:47 am

Post by skitter30 »

VOTE: iv

Plz note this is e2, if it goes higher soonish i will probably unvote to prevent a fast day

I'm somewhat suspicious of house, maybe vp but idk how to read him too
Show
Hiatus once more.

Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:49 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 415, skitter30 wrote:I'm somewhat suspicious of house, maybe vp but idk how to read him too
spicy, tell me more?
~M
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:44 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 350, Reformed Toxic Player wrote:Not to vt tell but i realized that this game is actuslly even easier than i thought because PRs exist
What does this even mean???

As for the survey, I sure hope Mr Frog isn't counting on me to fill THAT out. I usually skim/skip wall posts, so I'm not about to not only read one, but actually respond to it. (Besides, it's been over 25 years since I last took an exam, and I dread reliving the memory).

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:46 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 415, skitter30 wrote:VOTE: iv

Plz note this is e2, if it goes higher soonish i will probably unvote to prevent a fast day

I'm somewhat suspicious of house, maybe vp but idk how to read him too
No skitter omg don't stop the thought train make it a vote train I was trying to stay away from the thread for a few more hours but I went for a walk and I couldn't stop drafting this great post in my head that scum cased house based on VP = VI in a tvt with me and house preferring to take VP with him to lylo over me but willing to hammer either so shading me but not committing either way, and house dropping a TMI with his weird read on innocentvillager (though I don't know if he's trying to get town cred by defending a lurker he knows is townie or trying to protect his scum buddy because i sr iv's apathy as well he said he joined because the playerlist was interesting so why isn't he more interested?).

I'm reading VP as a VI that is unusually toxic and almost unreadable as scum. I think he is most likely town in this game.

VOTE: house
I'm far from opposed to a iv execution but I think this is more devastating for scum team because house has influenced the game more and this could be their only shot at a deep scum.

I'm expecting house to role fish and my read is strong enough I'm willing to go through with the execution even without a counter claim, unlss a town win seems so likely it's not worth the small chance house is actually town and a pr.

My only caveat wth a house wagon is if it builds too quickly I'm not super sure about my 3rd FoS at this point in time, maybe Lap or Andre? I think D1 use is extremely important to town win rate.

My fantasy post started with a town case on Datisi and Something_Smart btw, with the caveat that there's a small chance Something_Smart may be opportunistic scum who seized the opportunity to pocket three townies at once. But this caveat is also advantageous because it also increases the chances IMO that VP is VI.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:47 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 417, Almost50 wrote:
In post 350, Reformed Toxic Player wrote:Not to vt tell but i realized that this game is actuslly even easier than i thought because PRs exist
What does this even mean???

As for the survey, I sure hope Mr Frog isn't counting on me to fill THAT out. I usually skim/skip wall posts, so I'm not about to not only read one, but actually respond to it. (Besides, it's been over 25 years since I last took an exam, and I dread reliving the memory).
I would prefer if you did fill that out actually since you've barely posted and what you did post was super weird.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:48 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 416, Datisi wrote:
In post 415, skitter30 wrote:I'm somewhat suspicious of house, maybe vp but idk how to read him too
spicy, tell me more?
R.e. house: i dont like feeling wk'd, i dont understand why he dislikes frog, and i dont understand his readshift on you

Pedit ok one sec i need to like read and process fhat
Show
Hiatus once more.

Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:51 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 420, skitter30 wrote:
spicy, tell me more?
R.e. house: i dont like feeling wk'd,
i dont understand why he dislikes frog,
and i dont understand his readshift on you

Omg yeah! I've felt like when I get stuck in a death tunnel it seems like players that are super closed to my POV are more likely to flip scum.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:52 am

Post by skitter30 »

Ok i'm not quite up to voting house, but i do wonder if he is taking advantage of a you/vp tvt

I wouldnt really call vp a vi, tbh, but he is being somewhat aggressive, but i wouldnt really call that scum-indicative for him

Vp i sort of felt had a Strong Opinion on the survey and the efficacy of it, which prompted his fight with u, but i'm not sure house has opinions nearly as strong so much as popping in at the edge of the fight to throw some shade
Show
Hiatus once more.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:52 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 382, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 381, Something_Smart wrote:(most town)
Something_Smart
OutWorldER
Almost50, Andresvmb, Aristeia, Datisi, Frogsterking, House, innocentvillager, Laplacian, Reformed Toxic Player, skitter30, VP Baltar (tie)
(most mafia)
This is a wild reads list.

Tell me more about skitter, laplacian, RTP and andres please
May I ask why these specific four? I mean, his read basically says he TRs OutWorlderER and has no read on anyone else, and I thought that would be more worthy to question.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:53 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 421, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 420, skitter30 wrote:
spicy, tell me more?
R.e. house: i dont like feeling wk'd,
i dont understand why he dislikes frog,
and i dont understand his readshift on you

Omg yeah! I've felt like when I get stuck in a death tunnel it seems like players that are super closed to my POV are more likely to flip scum.
Also what does "wk'd" mean? I saw you use it earlir in this game and I tried to look up what it meant and all I found was "wanked" on urban dictionary.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”