Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:18 pm

Post by Datisi »

house and frogster stop interacting with each other, you're bloating the game and nothing good comes from it
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:18 pm

Post by House »

In post 1047, Frogsterking wrote:And if I'm scum why not just post my observations in scum chat and night kill you both?
To save a bullet if you're wrong or I'm faking a soft to lure the kill, perhaps?
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:19 pm

Post by House »

In post 1050, Datisi wrote:house and frogster stop interacting with each other, you're bloating the game and nothing good comes from it
Fine

Reformed Toxic Player
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:19 pm

Post by Reformed Toxic Player »

in a mason world, a backup claim becomes much more suspicious to me
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:20 pm

Post by House »

In post 1053, Reformed Toxic Player wrote:in a mason world, a backup claim becomes much more suspicious to me
Eh. He's not a d1 concern, at any rate.

I want Lap's blood more than ever.

Reformed Toxic Player
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Reformed Toxic Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:21 pm

Post by Reformed Toxic Player »

absolutely

which is why im sticking my vote here on lap still rofl
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:24 pm

Post by Aristeia »

on the bright side we won't have to argue about IV
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:27 pm

Post by Aristeia »

I think Lapla is at E-1 btw
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:30 pm

Post by House »

In post 1057, Aristeia wrote:I think Lapla is at E-1 btw

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:00 pm

Post by House »

Not to interact with anyone, but I'm just gonna say... that when a player gets to E-2 & it's outed that there's a player that quickhammers for funsies that isn't already on the wagon, and one of the players voting that wagon hops off and tries to start not 1, but 2 other wagons to counter it...

... it raises my eyebrow.

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:07 pm

Post by House »

See the eyebrow?

SEE IT?!

Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:18 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 827, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 824, Datisi wrote:why is azelf blinking
that is not at all the reasoning I thought you would have, it seems equally weird to saying that posting your OCEAN results would help townies read you. do you really think scum would go like "oh he has high levels of anxiety, let's try to make him freak out"? (well honestly it doesn't take an OCEAN result to figure
that
one out)
yes and no? frogster's argument earlier on was that we should post the results in order to learn how to better interact with each other etc. while that obviously has good effects if we're town, it can be abused if he's scum and knows how to use it. am i genuinely worried that the game is gonna become completely unreadable to me because scum is gonna cater to my test results? not really, no. but it is possible that, by knowing a lot or everyone's profile, they could theoretically more easily construct a gamestate. again, not really a huge worry, but it is a part of the reason why i don't want to take the test.
In post 843, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 684, Datisi wrote:btw, this was my reasoning for putting rtp in "slightly townie but also very headache" part of the triangle - i recognized that their "townread" on laplacian was just fishing for associates, bc i know they do that as town. my issue is that that seemed a *bit* too over the top, like if their true goal was getting associates, it felt a *bit* too friendly.
Are you saying this is why you're giving them townpoints or this is why they are a headache and you're less sure?
both. they're doing something i know they love to do as town, so that's townpoints. but they're doing it in such a way that feels almost a bit *too* on the nose or over the top, which makes me paranoid it might be done with the intention of having other players notice they're doing it, not for the sake of actually getting associates.
In post 849, VP Baltar wrote:Did see one thing in my catch up that maybe puts me more at ease with Datisi, so that's good.
can i know what this is? for, uh, future reference.
In post 855, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 684, Datisi wrote:the fact that i think iv is much less paranoid of vp so he stops me from spiraling into a paranoia tunnel, but the fact that vp was not even mentioned in the list is ??? ? ? ? ?? ?

ok i see he was mentioned in 533 and uuuuuuuuugh iv why can't you just be town instead of spending so much time explaining why you won't be town
Coming back to this...there are several people not mentioned in IV's list (me, andres, Outworld, SS, etc).

Why did you single me out?
from what i remember of the games where me, you, and iv were t/t/t, it's that i'm prone do get paranoid of you, while iv is prone to read you correctly without that silly paranoia. i know there was at least one instance in 2207 were i was rambling about you being scum for some nonsense reason and iv was like "datisi shut the fuck up he's not scum". so, i found it weird that he didn't mention you because i remember him being able to read you easily (to be fair, maybe less than i'm actually giving him credit for, i haven't gone back to check). and i'm also annoyed because i'm *hoping* we're t/t/t again, and him quelling my paranoia here would help me, and he didn't do that >_>
In post 884, Reformed Toxic Player wrote:I'm likely to eliminate Andres from that list too soon they're just a difficult read for me
since *when* is andres a difficult read for you??

also, why are you being so... neurotic? i don't think anyone is currently scumreading you >_>

bottom of pg 36, be back later
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:33 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 916, skitter30 wrote:this isn't leading to a vote on you .... if i'm wrong on vp i'd like to discuss it with you and see where i'm wrong, as rn i townread him p strongly
+1
~M
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:35 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 182, Laplacian wrote:Okay, I'm caught up and Frogsterking's post stuck out the most for me. It feels a lot like "I made a helpful town thing, look how townie I am!". If he posts the survey and it is legit helpful, then consider this retracted, but until then it's blatantly grabbing for trust.
VOTE: Frogsterking
In post 450, Laplacian wrote:The survey says I'm a Taurus and should be in Ravenclaw, pretty sure that makes me town.
In post 452, Laplacian wrote:Anyway, while Big 5 / FFM was made up by actual psychologists and is used in some research, it was still made by taking an assload of subjective observational data, tossing it into a bag of linear algebra, shaking them together and hoping it works. The results are non-orthogonal, omit fundamental aspects of human nature, and traits like neuroticism trivially change based on the testee's mood. Saying "factor analysis" isn't a pass btw; algorithms are biased if their data is biased. My personal favorite was a hiring algorithm where the strongest traits it looked for were playing high-school lacrosse and being named Jared. Yes, researchers get results out of OCEAN tests. Alchemists got results too. Pretending this survey is objective and flawless is peak comedy, and accusing people of being closed minded for dismissing it is some freshmen psych student bullshit.
In post 458, Laplacian wrote:I should probably actually play the game too. frogster is townlean because of the sheer effort but I'm leaving the vote on them anyway because I scored 0.16969% on the openness temperament and a 420% on the grumpy at misusing psych tests trait. House still town, Datsi's giving me good townfeels too with good contributions and thought out posts
In post 777, Laplacian wrote:ffff that's a lot of posts. I'll fully respond once I'm off work, but 1. frogster's 592 case is garbage and 2. what exactly is "lunchbait"? I have ideas from context, but want to make sure.
Dear Lap,

Hey Lap, I felt this great painful sensation like there was fierce, nasty space beetle with slicing mandibles and a hot exoskeleton that burned like the sun, and it was following me, gnawing away at my skin no matter how far I walked, and I thought of you!

I looked back at your content you created in this game and I asked myself
"Is this awful feeling coming from Lap? Has reading Lap's writing slowly been causing some kind of corrosive effect on me?" But then I SIGHED with relief when I realized; I was being silly, Lap lost the game way too quickly to have an effect like that, I just needed to scratch my foot!

I started to wonder if Lap would have fun in the GY while everyone else gets to finish the game, watching Lap's own irrelevant contributions Lap left behind never used or referred back to later.

I started worrying, Lap would likely be sad once they only had themselves to talk to! Lap would probably be confused!

I decided to employ my creativity to come up with some of some kind of exercise suited for the level of depth even Lap could operate on. What in the world could possibly help to improve the terrible play that lead to Lap being selected for the D1 execution, even though there were many intense battles and unexpected developments Lap was unable to any take part in? I asked myself
"Maybe if Lap could read and write much faster, or had an effective persona, or ideas, Lap wouldn't have fallen so far behind in the game?" I didn't know what to do. I toiled away, as you know I do, and
behold..
eureka!
The fertile lands of the frog swamp have yielded us once more! I came across this:

https://brainfall.com/quizzes/which-dis ... s-are-you/

It's not just based on observational data (though the observational data it draws on is world class), it also uses art, storytelling, and factor analysis (quantified variables) which are synthesized (which means to combine the elements) using an algorithm (a simple mathematical formula.)

The concept behind my idea was that maybe you could both 1) use the results of the test as guidance while you 2) use the GY chat as scaffolding so you could practice combining the thoughts in your head into creating something that doesn't fail!!

Goodbye Lap, you won't be missed,
or probably remembered

Yours truly, Frog
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:36 pm

Post by Datisi »

vp:
In post 825, VP Baltar wrote:A50 is a very competent player and my vote has nothing to do with him claiming...
In post 829, Frogsterking wrote:So you would like to get rid of a very competent player? Couldn't they help us solve the game later?
In post 831, VP Baltar wrote:I want to get rid of scum. They are not going to help us later in the game.
also vp:
In post 959, VP Baltar wrote:Andres is late game beast as town. We aren't yeeting him
:thonk:
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:36 pm

Post by Datisi »

vp:
In post 825, VP Baltar wrote:A50 is a very competent player and my vote has nothing to do with him claiming...
In post 829, Frogsterking wrote:So you would like to get rid of a very competent player? Couldn't they help us solve the game later?
In post 831, VP Baltar wrote:I want to get rid of scum. They are not going to help us later in the game.
also vp:
In post 959, VP Baltar wrote:Andres is late game beast as town. We aren't yeeting him
:thonk:
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:37 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 968, skitter30 wrote:don't have thoughts on rtp, dats, ari
how do you don't have thoughts on me yet >_>
~M
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:39 pm

Post by House »

In post 1066, Datisi wrote:
In post 968, skitter30 wrote:don't have thoughts on rtp, dats, ari
how do you don't have thoughts on me yet >_>
Or RTP?

Smells like lack of reading.

Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:40 pm

Post by Aristeia »

maybe you are more mysterious than usual this game
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:45 pm

Post by Datisi »

okay i'm sorta caught up

my current most important thing is either getting a townread on laplacian or yeeting him into the sun. looks like the latter is more likely to happen. second most important thing is actually managing to talk with rtp about their vp read. besides, now that iv is a mason (i'm taking the claim at face value until proven otherwise), there's gonna have to be some re-eval from them. (and from me, realistically...)

unfortunately,
v/la for the next 48 hours.
i got 2 exams and an interview tomorrow, so i'll be spending the day preparing that shit, and i'll be spending tomorrow trying to not die. i might check in here and there, but don't expect much from me until friday morning. i'd prefer there's no hammers until i'm back, but i won't hold it against y'all too much if there is.
~M
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:46 pm

Post by Aristeia »

good luck with your exams/interview!

I'm sure you will do amazing ^___^

Spoiler: for Datisi
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:47 pm

Post by House »

In post 1068, Aristeia wrote:maybe you are more mysterious than usual this game
About to head out to work in a few.

I'll check in when I can, so don't do anything stupid while I'm not here to actively twist people's arms into voting for scum. :P

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:48 pm

Post by House »

In post 1069, Datisi wrote:i'd prefer there's no hammers until i'm back
I'd prefer there is, so you might as well do it and have night phase during your 48 hour VLA.

Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:51 pm

Post by Datisi »

thank you, ari, i like the song <3

and house, i'm already voting there, plus i don't want to yeet without a claim.
~M
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:49 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1001, House wrote:
In post 998, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 997, House wrote:Who is the scumbutt pushing him?
Why must there be one?
Because a Laplacian elimination was all the rage until I went to bed, and now all of a sudden he's losing steam for no good reason
whatsoever
& iv is catching a shitton of shade.
He's really not ... frog questioning tne wagon and pushing iv isnt necessarily gonna be making iv the push here
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”