Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1575 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:53 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1556, Something_Smart wrote:I feel like there was someone on the scumteam who was highly in tune with the game and was basically telling Lap "you're dead, stop posting".
And this person was????
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1576 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:54 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1571, MathBlade wrote:I already went through how it’s not for all possibilities. It’s NAI for either
Can you link this? Can't find it in your ISO.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1577 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:54 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1570, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1567, Frogsterking wrote:Do you see any reason to rule out a VP / IV team?
Didn't VP confirm Math as town? That would be a weird thing to do, but I guess it's not
impossible
Like especially if from scum!VP's point of view Math is basically cleared already, or at least VP is expecting town to view Math that way.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1578 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:54 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 1574, MathBlade wrote:That is me reading the game.
Up til that point your votes have been naked and you’ve spent you’re entire ISO buddying Dat.
Maybe catch up to present time before you start talking shit about how I haven't done anything.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1579 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:55 am

In post 1575, VP Baltar wrote:And this person was????
I would have to do a lot of unpleasant reading to have a chance of answering this, but looking for people who jumped on the Lap wagon pretty early is probably a good start.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1580 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:55 am

In post 1577, Frogsterking wrote:Like especially if from scum!VP's point of view Math is basically cleared already, or at least VP is expecting town to view Math that way.
How so?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1581 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:56 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1579, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1575, VP Baltar wrote:And this person was????
I would have to do a lot of unpleasant reading to have a chance of answering this, but looking for people who jumped on the Lap wagon pretty early is probably a good start.
I'm afraid reading is going to be required at this point unfortunately
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1582 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:56 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 459, Laplacian wrote:
In post 455, VP Baltar wrote:I don't know Laplacian's alignment, but he makes me laugh.
I aim to please
This post doesn’t seem SvS.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1583 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:57 am

In post 1581, VP Baltar wrote:I'm afraid reading is going to be required at this point unfortunately
Guess I'm getting detention, then.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1584 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:58 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 474, House wrote:
In post 470, Frogsterking wrote:Hey guys I read Lap's most recent posts as pr so don't wagon him please if he doesn't seem to be town telling.
There is literally zero town motivation in this post.
Hey I agree with House here!

Ari Frog?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1585 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:01 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1584, MathBlade wrote:
In post 470, Frogsterking wrote:Hey guys I read Lap's most recent posts as pr so don't wagon him please if he doesn't seem to be town telling.

Ari Frog?
Not true:

I didn't scum read Lap yet and his posts were putting me on tilt so I wanted to try and get him night killed.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #1586 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:02 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 1562, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1560, Datisi wrote:i don't think it required a galaxy brain from the scum side to realize that is going to flip
I don't think it was set in stone though, or at least I didn't, not to the point where radio silence and antispew is preferable to at least trying to stir up some chaos.
you're talking about a newbscum spewing chaos

dude was too afraid to respond to frogs's case because it was gonna spew frogs town even harder, and i recall lapla being online

i think it's not unlikely he just froze
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1587 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:02 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 524, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 520, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 517, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 508, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 504, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 503, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 501, innocentvillager wrote:Why do you think these responses are towny? The Datisi one I can maybe maybe see, but definitely not the VP Baltar one.
Counterpoint, mine was the towniest answer.
Why?
Because that is what I would do as scum. Take the survey and just tank the results by lying.
Idk maybe, that feels way too first order though. I think scum could approach this in more ways than just that. Maybe it's because I got here late after he posted the survey, but I don't really feel there's that much benefit for scum to take the survey at all.
I already proved it isn't effective by pulling his reads from the last game he used it in.

Posting it is NAI at best imo. It isn't going to lead to actually catching scum, and that's my main problem with it. If he's town, I'd like to dissuade him from pulling this in future games.
That's not how math works - if I claim to have a model that predicts a 50% event with 75% probability and I predict wrong in one instance, that doesn't prove my model is trash.
In post 521, skitter30 wrote:ok vp's town
Okay, why?
Okay I am pausing here to do some fun stuff.
The bad math makes me want to cry.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1588 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:10 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1586, Datisi wrote:
In post 1562, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1560, Datisi wrote:i don't think it required a galaxy brain from the scum side to realize that is going to flip
I don't think it was set in stone though, or at least I didn't, not to the point where radio silence and antispew is preferable to at least trying to stir up some chaos.
you're talking about a newbscum spewing chaos

dude was too afraid to respond to frogs's case because it was gonna spew frogs town even harder, and i recall lapla being online

i think it's not unlikely he just froze
I can confirm he was online.

It's possible we're dealing with a situation where the weakest link just got busted D1 and scum team being experienced and maybe not in a great position to bus, decided to stay off the wagon, expecting us to look be looking there anyway.

If you look qualitatively at the way the day actually went it makes sense for it to be an off wagon day.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1589 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:13 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1580, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1577, Frogsterking wrote:Like especially if from scum!VP's point of view Math is basically cleared already, or at least VP is expecting town to view Math that way.
How so?
Because of the replacement thing, and VP taking time to see how people are reacting to Math before saying anything.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1590 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:14 am

Post by House »

In post 1565, Something_Smart wrote:I think it's very odd that House and IV townread each other after neither of them died.

Scum don't play along with fake Mason claims.

iv picked up what I was laying down.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #1591 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:14 am

Post by Datisi »

was anyone actually thinking a50's slot was cleared because of the force-repout? i sure wasn't
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1592 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:15 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1590, House wrote:
In post 1565, Something_Smart wrote:I think it's very odd that House and IV townread each other after neither of them died.

They don't?
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1593 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:15 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1591, Datisi wrote:was anyone actually thinking a50's slot was cleared because of the force-repout? i sure wasn't
I wasn't, but i was considering it less likely to be scum.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1594 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:17 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1582, MathBlade wrote:
In post 459, Laplacian wrote:
In post 455, VP Baltar wrote:I don't know Laplacian's alignment, but he makes me laugh.
I aim to please
This post doesn’t seem SvS.
Have you reached the VP and S_S banter yet?
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1595 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:20 am

Post by Frogsterking »

Outworld/lap/skip seems like a reasonable proxy solve until VP doesn't night flip.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1596 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:20 am

Post by House »

In post 1592, Frogsterking wrote:

They don't?
Players like Firepup & RC might, because they're chaotic shitstorms that get townread for being wild & crazy... but those are notable exceptions to the rule.

My play put a huge ass spotlight both on my own head and the guy I claimed as a partner with no way to coordinate the gambit with beforehand.

That takes some trust to just blindly play along with, because iv had no idea if I was laying a trap for him, or what the fallout would be when I retracted my claim.

Fake Mason claiming is not a survival tactic. It's a sacrifice play.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1597 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:23 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1596, House wrote:
In post 1592, Frogsterking wrote:

They don't?
Players like Firepup & RC might, because they're chaotic shitstorms that get townread for being wild & crazy... but those are notable exceptions to the rule.

My play put a huge ass spotlight both on my own head and the guy I claimed as a partner with no way to coordinate the gambit with beforehand.

That takes some trust to just blindly play along with, because iv had no idea if I was laying a trap for him, or what the fallout would be when I retracted my claim.

Fake Mason claiming is not a survival tactic. It's a sacrifice play.

Fair enough.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1598 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:24 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 1591, Datisi wrote:was anyone actually thinking a50's slot was cleared because of the force-repout? i sure wasn't
I thought the post he got force repped for felt pretty townie.

The actual force rep is nai imo.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1599 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:34 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1584, MathBlade wrote:

Ari Frog?
Btw do you really look at the posts between VP and Lap and say "yeah this doesn't look s v s", and then you look at my relationship with Lap's slot and think to yourself "yeah yeah s v s seems legit" ? What kind of scum teams have you been running that you think it's probable we would post shit theater together as a plan?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”