Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2225 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:42 am

Post by Frogsterking »

And no I cannot. As scum I work off who my buddies are and what’s most advantageous. If I was scum with a lurker I already I believe linked the game where I become everyone’s friend.
If I am scum with a bad scum I teach them scum
If I am scum with a good scum we vibe.
It sounds like you are less aggressive as scum then.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #2226 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:42 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 2222, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 2217, Datisi wrote:math isn't town, i know it's going to be a hard sell because everyone's gonna be like "but the clear!!" but the thing is, math has absolutely nothing going for him other than the clear
so how did A50 know there was a vig
a) lucky guess
b) informed
c) scum has a role that goes with vigilante
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2227 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:44 am

Post by Datisi »

like, how hilarious would it be if iv was the jailkeeper, and math was scum n1 informed of vigilante existing
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2228 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:44 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2225, Frogsterking wrote:
And no I cannot. As scum I work off who my buddies are and what’s most advantageous. If I was scum with a lurker I already I believe linked the game where I become everyone’s friend.
If I am scum with a bad scum I teach them scum
If I am scum with a good scum we vibe.
It sounds like you are less aggressive as scum then.
Nope I am just as.
I just am more able to see what people want and I give it to them
Here I care about truth.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2229 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:45 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2226, Datisi wrote:
In post 2217, Datisi wrote:math isn't town, i know it's going to be a hard sell because everyone's gonna be like "but the clear!!" but the thing is, math has absolutely nothing going for him other than the clear
a) lucky guess
b) informed
c) scum has a role that goes with vigilante
Dats got more stretch in him than Gumby
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2230 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:45 am

Post by Something_Smart »

That's, like, insane amounts of luck though.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2231 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:45 am

Post by Frogsterking »

Here:
In post 283, Almost50 wrote:OK.. maybe I can elaborate a little bit: I am a N1 backup of a certain role. Otherwise I'm powerless. Thus to a Nea/VT Cop I am more of a bloody Miller. I am Informed of the Role I am a backup to, but if the mod is trolling the role could maybe not be in play, thus I'm just a Named Townie. (and THUS the uncertainty)
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2232 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:47 am

Post by Datisi »

it wouldn't need to be luck. it's not unheard of that mods put backups for roles that don't exist. a n1 backup vig with no actual vig would have a point of being a false guilty for a neap, vanilla cop, or gunsmith. i'm not saying he was aiming at there being a vig, just that it was a coincidence there was one.
~M
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2233 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:48 am

I meant if he were scum.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2234 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:49 am

In post 2232, Datisi wrote:it wouldn't need to be luck. it's not unheard of that mods put backups for roles that don't exist. a n1 backup vig with no actual vig would have a point of being a false guilty for a neap, vanilla cop, or gunsmith. i'm not saying he was aiming at there being a vig, just that it was a coincidence there was one.
It's still luck that there does happen to be one. A backup vig claim with no vig in sight would raise quite a few eyebrows. If there was no role investigative role then I think people would just straight-up not believe it.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2235 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:49 am

Post by MathBlade »

Frog you’re probably not going to be able to meta me.
I hate trust tells with a passion so I aim to make the metas similar.
The last difference is how to get people to listen here like they do on most sites.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2236 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:50 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 2233, Something_Smart wrote:
I meant if he were scum.
Isn't like "Informed goon" or whatever a common role in Normal setup creation? and he just lied about his alignment.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2237 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:50 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2234, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 2232, Datisi wrote:it wouldn't need to be luck. it's not unheard of that mods put backups for roles that don't exist. a n1 backup vig with no actual vig would have a point of being a false guilty for a neap, vanilla cop, or gunsmith. i'm not saying he was aiming at there being a vig, just that it was a coincidence there was one.
It's still luck that there does happen to be one. A backup vig claim with no vig in sight would raise quite a few eyebrows. If there was no role investigative role then I think people would just straight-up not believe it.
Nah they would
I have done vig enabler without a vig and still won
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2238 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:50 am

In post 2235, MathBlade wrote:I hate trust tells with a passion so I aim to make the metas similar.
Does this mean you deliberately play town like how you play scum?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2239 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:50 am

Post by Datisi »

i mean... as a person who often claims nonsense as scum, my experience tells me that people VERY MUCH believe it.
~M
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2240 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:51 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2236, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 2233, Something_Smart wrote:
I meant if he were scum.
Isn't like "Informed goon" or whatever a common role in Normal setup creation? and he just lied about his alignment.
Informed is a common thing but it has been falling out of favor because the last few setups were scum needs something “informed” and that just doesn’t work well
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2241 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:51 am

In post 2237, MathBlade wrote:I have done vig enabler without a vig and still won
This kind of thing used to be popular to put in setups in like 2015-2016. Maybe you can get away with it then. Not now, I don't think.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2242 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:52 am

In post 2236, Frogsterking wrote:Isn't like "Informed goon" or whatever a common role in Normal setup creation? and he just lied about his alignment.
What would be the design justification for informing scum of a vig?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2243 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:52 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2238, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 2235, MathBlade wrote:I hate trust tells with a passion so I aim to make the metas similar.
Does this mean you deliberately play town like how you play scum?
It means I aim to make both similar
Eg try to cooperate as both alignments
Try to use same words
Etc.

I play town with the goal of eliminating scum
And scum the goal of elimming whoever helps me win
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2244 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:53 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2241, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 2237, MathBlade wrote:I have done vig enabler without a vig and still won
This kind of thing used to be popular to put in setups in like 2015-2016. Maybe you can get away with it then. Not now, I don't think.
Already linked a game where I got away with it lol
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2245 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:53 am

Post by Datisi »

i can hear rtp from the dead thread

they're screaming about us getting lost in pointless wifom mech discussion instead of killing scum
~M
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2246 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:55 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2245, Datisi wrote:i can hear rtp from the dead thread

they're screaming about us getting lost in pointless wifom mech discussion instead of killing scum
I can hear him screaming how they were wrong about you sir and bemoaning it
How VP is screaming you’re scum

Like I will vote who House does but this doesn’t change my opinion
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2247 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:58 am

In post 2245, Datisi wrote:i can hear rtp from the dead thread

I've had enough of the reverse that I couldn't care less.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2248 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:58 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 2242, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 2236, Frogsterking wrote:Isn't like "Informed goon" or whatever a common role in Normal setup creation? and he just lied about his alignment.
What would be the design justification for informing scum of a vig?
To give scum team more options with regards to making their fake claims more believable, making the true setup a little more difficult to guess for town. In line with this goal here:
In post 2158, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 33, Isis wrote:X amount of curveballs is necessary, my mindset is that I've recently read complaints from TM about PP's (essentially normal) setup being easily guessable

If some amount of curveballs are desirable, ones that don't change optimal PR play at all but make the setup harder to guess are very desirable
Some Isis design thoughts, pulled from a review I did with her, if this is helpful @Datisi
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2249 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:59 am

In post 2248, Frogsterking wrote:To give scum team more options with regards to making their fake claims more believable, making the true setup a little more difficult to guess for town.
But like 90%+ of scum players would not claim backup vig there.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”