Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #2750 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:43 am

Post by Datisi »

i can't quantify it

my experience is that with scum!math, i get ~evil vibes~ as he's trying to twist the gamestate into a scum!favorable one, while i don't get those vibes when he's town
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2751 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:44 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 2747, Aristeia wrote:
In post 2745, Datisi wrote:i actually hate math's posts so much that i am trying to think of any possible combination of someone fakeclaiming vt or wondering if math can be ascetic or some nonsense like that
same.

I think if we want to mail it home based on a mech~clear for MB/IV/SS.

I'd bet on Datisi/House being both town and just going for that win.
That win or that solve ??
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2752 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:44 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 2750, Datisi wrote:i can't quantify it

my experience is that with scum!math, i get ~evil vibes~ as he's trying to twist the gamestate into a scum!favorable one, while i don't get those vibes when he's town
I've gotten evil vibes from Math in this game
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2753 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:04 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 2751, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 2747, Aristeia wrote:
In post 2745, Datisi wrote:i actually hate math's posts so much that i am trying to think of any possible combination of someone fakeclaiming vt or wondering if math can be ascetic or some nonsense like that
same.

I think if we want to mail it home based on a mech~clear for MB/IV/SS.

I'd bet on Datisi/House being both town and just going for that win.
That win or that solve ??
I mean if we bet it on killing ari - frog - andres in some order I would be ok with that.

If we lose to scum iv or mathblade I'd feel gross.

if we lose to scum datisi or house I'd be impressed with their play.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2754 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:05 am

Post by Aristeia »

I have to read some scum games to get a better feel so if you could link your best scum game that would be lovely.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2755 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:50 am

Post by Andresvmb »

I have largely skimmed today, so take it with a grain of salt, but I have a real hard time seeing Datisi as Scum here. I think Aristeia is quite competent, so I don’t want to say definitively that they’re Town, but I would be amazed if they flipped Scum.

I think Frogsterking has realized that their only viable option is to push me hard here, and that’s why I’m getting shade from them every second post. And frankly, I don’t care about getting executed provided Frogsterking also gets executed. I don’t feel the need to have to repeat myself a million times, but I will add that the slot was intent on almost speed hammering what is now the claimed Gunsmith, and none of you even felt the need to bring that up.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2756 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:52 am

Post by Andresvmb »

I also don’t think the solution is to be found entirely within the VT claims. I don’t. Again, if this is Datisi Scum, and I have seen Datisi play Scum and this really doesn’t feel like it (and RTP vetoed that execution also), then I’m stuck being forced to contemplate a world with Aristeia Scum and why does Scum here even begin to question the validity of the Gunsmith alignment or argue so forcefully against Mathblade who is making me want to shoot myself in this game at times.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2757 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:02 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 777, Laplacian wrote:ffff that's a lot of posts. I'll fully respond once I'm off work, but 1. frogster's 592 case is garbage and 2. what exactly is "lunchbait"? I have ideas from context, but want to make sure.
@Datisi stuff like this just makes me think that you’re discounting too hard that there was intense distancing going on between Lap and Frogsterking and though Lap appears to have abandoned the game towards the end of D1, I do think the strategy to distance is somewhat obvious.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2758 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:03 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 2756, Andresvmb wrote:I also don’t think the solution is to be found entirely within the VT claims.
VOTE: Andresvmb
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2759 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:05 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 2758, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 2756, Andresvmb wrote:I also don’t think the solution is to be found entirely within the VT claims.
VOTE: Andresvmb
i have also expressed the same idea, where is my vote
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2760 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:06 am

Post by Datisi »

andres, mind tl;dring me your reads? you townread me and ari, scumread frogs, i'm assuming you think house is town, what's the status on the rest? i'm not assuming that against mathblade is an explicit scumread.
~M
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2761 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:09 am

Post by Andresvmb »

@Math, is acceptable from your perspective? You’ve shaded Aristeia and Datisi aggressively for doubting your alignment today. What do you make of this?
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2762 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:12 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 2760, Datisi wrote:andres, mind tl;dring me your reads? you townread me and ari, scumread frogs, i'm assuming you think house is town, what's the status on the rest? i'm not assuming that against mathblade is an explicit scumread.
It’s not. The mechanical argument for Mathblade is too strong for me to ignore. So I haven’t spent a lot of time trying to read the slot because I think the odds are dramatically in their favor of having been cleared. I’m finding Math to be irritating as all shit this game (way too stubborn in my view), but that doesn’t make them Scum.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2763 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:13 am

In post 2759, Datisi wrote:i have also expressed the same idea, where is my vote
Coming tomorrow if I'm still alive, I guess.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2764 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:13 am

Post by Andresvmb »

Why is House cleared again?
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2765 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:14 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 2724, House wrote:
In post 2723, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 2720, House wrote:
In post 2718, Frogsterking wrote:when i look at ur scum range will i find examples of u faking optimism?
Take a look at my scum games.

Only the ones from 2021 count. My meta has shifted drastically since 2016.
im afraid to im afraid i wont be able to find anyway to read u.
Bullshit.

My town & scum games are ridiculously different.
Is it because they keep insisting on stuff like this?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2766 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:16 am

In post 2743, Datisi wrote:s_s, you said how house once pocketed you with something like this, mind telling me what happened and how that compares to now?
I actually don't think it was so similar in retrospect. I can link the game if you want, but it's a very old one and he would complain that it's no longer relevant.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2767 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:17 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 2762, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 2760, Datisi wrote:andres, mind tl;dring me your reads? you townread me and ari, scumread frogs, i'm assuming you think house is town, what's the status on the rest? i'm not assuming that against mathblade is an explicit scumread.
It’s not. The mechanical argument for Mathblade is too strong for me to ignore. So I haven’t spent a lot of time trying to read the slot because I think the odds are dramatically in their favor of having been cleared. I’m finding Math to be irritating as all shit this game (way too stubborn in my view), but that doesn’t make them Scum.
well, okay, in that case, why/how do you think scum isn't within vt claims?
~M
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2768 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:19 am

Post by Andresvmb »

I could make the meta argument (checked by other players and stated from a confirmed Town mindset elsewhere in case you want to bother to look for it) that I avoid bussing as hard as I can as Scum. I almost never do it, and I have in the past even avoided bussing a Cop guilty. But those arguments should be properly discounted.

Now, does House make two hard claims, one CLEARLY designed to “eat the NK” as Scum? I would say that perhaps not, but that assessment is not as solid because House is evidently not against fake claiming as either alignment, and so it’s not as powerful. But yeah it’s not where I would be looking first here.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2769 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:24 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 2767, Datisi wrote:
In post 2762, Andresvmb wrote:
well, okay, in that case, why/how do you think scum isn't within vt claims?
Because I think you’re not Scum. I have found you inquisitive, somewhat irritable, but aggressive in a good way, and with an independent mindset. You have hard TR Aristeia (and the reverse) for most of the game, which I think would be absurd for Scum Partners. Since I SR Frogsterking for reasons I’ve stated already, I’m having trouble pinning down the Partner.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2770 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:25 am

Post by Andresvmb »

I’m excluding S_S (who is the closest we have to a Confirmed Town) and IV (who as Gunsmith with a confirmed check on S_S and against what was actually stated in the thread up until that time, fits mechanically with the setup).
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2771 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:27 am

Post by Andresvmb »

I mean @Datisi how convinced are you that Aristeia is Town? Because if your level of conviction is very high, do you think there’s any potential that you’re being pocketed?
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2772 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:30 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 1971, Frogsterking wrote:VOTE: skitter

I did it, rip the tiger
The fact that some of you (I’m looking at you S_S) really want to execute me ahead of Frogsterking is nuts to me, but I really don’t care what order we actually run through this provided that Frogsterking gets executed.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2773 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:33 am

Post by House »

I'm still sticking with Andres/MB as my solve.

Summon me when we're ready to actually do something useful.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2774 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:34 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 2771, Andresvmb wrote:I mean @Datisi how convinced are you that Aristeia is Town? Because if your level of conviction is very high, do you think there’s any potential that you’re being pocketed?
it's definitely not Very High. she's in the same boat as you, as in had a vote on lapla that wasn't flashy or attention grabbing and didn't try to divert. she's somewhat more individually townie than you are, but not extremely so.
~M

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”