Micro 1044: A Normal Blitz V - Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:46 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 313, Datisi wrote:
In post 312, Cape90 wrote:
In post 296, Datisi wrote:VOTE: enchant hi :)
you vote them right when they come in and haven't said a thing?
yes

i wanted to vote the slot as soon as you unvoted because it was no longer a y-1, but i felt dumb voting an empty slot
The problem with this line of thinking was Enchant was essentially an empty slot which makes arguments like this
In post 323, Datisi wrote:i think 312 is showing a "here is a question that has an extremely obvious answer, where i am preparing to set up a scumread based on a thing that's surface-level scummy but that has a very simple explanation that i am conveniently going to ignore" mindset and i don't like it
Quite part of the comedy club. You got the whole crew laughing + no, the question wasn't a prep for a scumread, I was just wondering
Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:47 pm

Post by Jacket »

In post 322, Enchant wrote:Also, what case about cape?
His votes have all been for very weak reasoning. The townread on LGW when I made my vote was bizarre. As was the one on Dorsey.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:48 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 316, Jacket wrote:I'll move to compromise if necessary but think both current wagons are somewhat uninspired. I kind of like Enchant's entrance.
I don't see what's so towny about it
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:48 pm

Post by Datisi »

enchant was not an empty slot? in either sense of the word - the slot had a person playing in it, and the previous owner had posted enough content for me to get a read into. so.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:53 pm

Post by Enchant »

I walked CAPE ISO AND IT LOOKS DECENT, atleast i can't notice something outrageous.

If think about it, it didn't seem so obvious to me, so i consider question valid.
I also don't see why you suggest to "kill this slot and save time" and then fear it would be dumb to vote empty slot.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:56 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 329, Enchant wrote:I also don't see why you suggest to "kill this slot and save time" and then fear it would be dumb to vote empty slot.
because i wasn't serious about voting out an unclaimed slot.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:57 pm

Post by Enchant »

What
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:58 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 328, Datisi wrote:enchant was not an empty slot? in either sense of the word - the slot had a person playing in it, and the previous owner had posted enough content for me to get a read into. so.
I like to let the boiler plate sit on people that sub into a scummy slot personally. So far, not impressed, considering just revoting, but I will give it some time. I am still feeling mixed on you for *reasons

im mostly just giving it time because I don't really have more time to think about it rn bye.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:58 pm

Post by Datisi »

it was partly a declaration that i genuinely scumread bugs, partly a reaction test to see if anyone's gonna agree with it.
~M
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:58 pm

Post by Enchant »

You know what?

I sleep
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: idk she it me

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:59 pm

Post by shiki »

In post 309, Dorsey wrote:
In post 231, shiki wrote:
In post 187, Dorsey wrote:Jacket...I like them but didn't want to broadcast it because they said they townread me.
I was trying to emulate their reaction testing with Shiki but I don't have as many posts.
hm

what made you assume that this is what jacket was doing?
I don't know any other way to explain the random voting stage.
hm

this just feels like such a weird amount of confidence that jacket was town,

like you though jacket was posting in a way that he didn't really believe in (thus 'reaction testing')

but didn't think that lack of belief in his posting was possibly mafia indicative or something to be questioned (at a time when jacket was the leading wagon)

but rather, i will emulate this elsewhere!

while also not really noting something about those wagoning the player you assumed to be town

and it's like hmhmhm
feel free to delete this ghost
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:04 pm

Post by shiki »

In post 308, Datisi wrote:i would bet that enchant's claim was not supposed to be serious, or at most based on "datisi vote me :(" but i will let them clarify
(i kinda assumed what you did but also wanted enchant to post more and also have at times felt like you were not so concerned with actually finding mafia)
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:10 pm

Post by shiki »

In post 316, Jacket wrote:UNVOTE:

VOTE: cape

I'll move to compromise if necessary but think both current wagons are somewhat uninspired. I kind of like Enchant's entrance.
eh feels like you were working back towards this before enchant's entrance,
In post 304, Jacket wrote:I am still explicitly not townreading cape
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:17 pm

Post by Umlaut »

In post 310, Enchant wrote:First thing, you [Datisi] voted instantly i replaced, as saw me as easy target. Well fair.
Second, you not interested in me proving i am town, otherwise your approach would be other. You just interested in murdering me.
This first reason seems totally NAI to me. How is voting someone instantly on replace something scum are more likely than town to do?

Not really wild about the second reason either, where do you get this impression of "not interested in me proving I am town"? Is it just because of the instant vote that you think that? In which case this is just one reason stated twice.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:19 pm

Post by shiki »

In post 337, shiki wrote:eh feels like you were working back towards this before enchant's entrance,
or rather before enchant really made any posts that i think (?) would possibly be town indicative to you?

but i guess you could have been referring to first couple enchant posts, in which case i guess i'd wonder

why
Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:27 pm

Post by Jacket »

In post 337, shiki wrote:
In post 316, Jacket wrote:UNVOTE:

VOTE: cape

I'll move to compromise if necessary but think both current wagons are somewhat uninspired. I kind of like Enchant's entrance.
eh feels like you were working back towards this before enchant's entrance,
In post 304, Jacket wrote:I am still explicitly not townreading cape
I was clarifying the read. and from Enchant made me second guess.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:42 pm

Post by Cape90 »

VOTE: Datisi

I refuse to believe a player with 18460 posts and counting would actually believe their shallow case on me is really amazing and worth voting me over, I also refuse to believe the reason is genuine.

Like Datisi says right? Like I criticized him for voting someone who hasn't gotten the chance to speak and they said this. So then were you just explaining your thought process from earlier? Because you said which in itself is a weird post because through this post, I really don't know at all why you got off Enchant, and onto me for a post I made. To me, it just looks like you might be just spewing Jacket as town, totally fine by me honestly, most of everyone looks suspicious this game, like who isn't scummy like, there is shiki. I see an argument there could be made for Jacket and Umulant too.

Blah blah blah, anyway, so I guess Enchant was not an empty slot in but you also said ? Did you just admit you voted an empty slot? I mean, come on, it's essentially the same thing an empty slot, a person who hasn't spoken. But hold on, you said didn't you? Which this raises many concerns of what you have been telling me Datisi.

Oh but cape, you are just harping on one thing that could just be NAI and probably a bad push.

Is it a bad push to be pushing someone who has been probably playing for more years then me? I like this push because I want to see how the experts
quake in their boots
respond (yes I am exaggerating for the funsies)

Hey hold, there is more

is a mafia question, mafia seem to love asking "am i scum?"
is a big shrug for me
so Datisi apparently has loads of meta on bugspray, that's cool, then they swap to me not knowing what my meta is like at all... okay then?
Speaking of the whole meta on bugspray thing, you notice that when you go back to the moment when Datisi suspected me for questioning him on revoting the bugspray slot. Now it is pretty clear that Datisi still holds this suspicion on bugs/enchant, however what I am wondering, hey Datisi, would the solve of the game then be just me and enchant, would it just be us both as mafia? Or do you think we are unpaired?

You know what is strange though, I go back and look at where Datisi says out of the 2 wagons at that time going on that he preferred bugspray but he expressed that he didn't like the wagon on bugspray? Excuse me hello? What? Not like Datisi had no suspicion whatsoever on bugs as stated a bit in .
Datisi opts for going with Umlaut instead in anyway and this isn't really brought up later on again by Datisi.

As far as meta reads that Datisi had on bugs goes, there was in at the top
"bugspray's latest post is very underwhelming and i'd be lying if i said i townread it,
but if i recall correctly, scum!bugs is generally more... tryhardy? or at least active, i remember them posting constantly in the first blitz.
could be that they're busy or don't feel like playing or smt, which would be nai, but eh."

Now ain't that just something.

Lemme just pull up some stuff in .

Oh dear it looks like Datisi found a couple of bugs posts towny.

That's not exactly the interesting part, that actually comes in with the read on Jacket, where there is implied skepticism on Jacket in their post townleaning on me. And yet with Datisi's voting on me, there is little question of Datisi just going with Looker right onto me. (I say little because of ).

So like Datisi is in this odd place in my mind where I just feel like he doesn't believe what he says, or just actively want to go against what he knows is true.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:44 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 333, Datisi wrote:it was partly a declaration that i genuinely scumread bugs, partly a reaction test to see if anyone's gonna agree with it.
I guess in fairness this post could explain some of the actions that I saw in regards to the bugs slot looking back
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:46 pm

Post by Cape90 »

UNVOTE: Datisi

augh the RT thing actually could make sense the more I think on it
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:27 pm

Post by Datisi »

okay. in a vacuum, is a Bad Case and i will respond to it properly in a few hours. however. i'm not sure i've ever seen a newbie drop a case on someone that's a viable push, then 5 minutes later... talk themselves out of it???

VOTE: umlaut

back to my pocket scumread weeeee

what if i was right earlier on and it's umlaut/vanders, wouldn't that be cool? also where is vanders

i think at this point i found some reason to townread everyone except umlaut/vanders/looker

also yeah, why is looker town? we could also push there

anyway yeah see ya in a few hours
~M
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:34 pm

Post by Enchant »

I want give more attention to Dorsey.
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:42 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 243, shiki wrote:(also i think the jacket wagon didn't go through because you unvoted and then i didn't push for jacket elimination/vote when i came to the thread

which makes me wonder why you are asking jacket why the jacket wagon didn't go through after you unvoted the wagon at e-1

like 'do you think you were not eliminated largely because of me?' seems kinda hm)

but also you're not really in the deep end of the suspect pool right now so

it's not really expected that your content would be

'see i'm town you're alive!'
Interesting point, love this
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:44 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 245, shiki wrote:which also if you really think about umlaut's e-1 is probably more +partner than -partner as it rushes the process of finding new wagon and such

as i don't think (?) there was anyone not on the wagon who would be expected to hammer that wagon as town

so kinda free distancing perhaps

(but could have also been attempt to get a mafia to reveal themselves by hammering, which, hm)
I agree with this, but I'd think that if they were partners umlaut would be less likely to indirectly draw attention to that fact later.
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:50 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 260, Jacket wrote:bugspray leaning into the outrage as a way to avoid actually playing the game takes my "meh" compromise vote to an actually serious one I feel strongly about.
I'm leaning this way, I can see it as being NAI
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:02 am

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 269, shiki wrote:
In post 264, Dorsey wrote:Is emotional manipulation a part of the game? I thought it was clearly a joke.
anything that makes the game feel like not a game makes the game very very difficult for me to play
I don't understand how the original comment can make the game feel like not a game, to me it seemed like a CLEARLY sarcastic comment that is drawing attention to the fact that wishing someone death in this game (which is a thing) does not actually translate to real life feelings.
To me this generally seems like a reasonable thing to say when in game we are actually talking about wanting to kill people.
In post 274, shiki wrote:
In post 273, Datisi wrote:
In post 267, shiki wrote:jacket, do you think town!datisi would think town!bugspray is going to "produce quality content" because threat of e-1 here?
i know this isn't technically a question for me, but

town!bugs would've started screaming how i'm scum pushing a easy misyeet there

town!bugs was never afraid of confronting me, while scum!bugs pretty much always is

also, judging by those queue posts, incoming a replacement

i'm wondering if we should just hammer the slot and save micc the trouble
eh

i think bugspray was upset for not really game related reasons regardless of alignment

and that saying 'produce quality content! or i'll e-1' at that time

without even engaging bugspray in conversation about anything about the game

would be pretty unlikely to lead to town!bugspray pausing to give opinions on the game and such
I do generally agree with this, my issue with how bugspray chose to do it seems like the scummiest option.
Maybe this is in part due to me not understanding how anyone who has enough social awareness to be able to play a game like this could take the line bugspray did, but, like, you seem to be offended by what looker said but have made every effort to play the game anyway.
The person who replaced out, I don't remember their name, just immediately replaced out which is also reasonable. But I don't like bugspray waiting a while to replace out without giving real content in the meantime and I have to imagine that bugspray's alignment definitely could be playing a part in this in some way that isn't necessarily true with the other two people I mentioned.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”