Kaiji
Kaiji
Goon
Kaiji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7150 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:51 am

Post by Kaiji »

and if its reinhardt, they replaced in late and had 12 posts so not sure what point we are making here
ざわ... ざわ...
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #7151 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:52 am

Post by Datisi »

retti
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Kaiji
Kaiji
Goon
Kaiji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7152 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:54 am

Post by Kaiji »

can you draw the parallel you're trying to make from that game to this one because I'm really not seeing it since catboi replaced out early there and i dont wanna sift through a hydra's posts where you yourself were the overwhelmingly top poster anyways
ざわ... ざわ...
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #7153 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:55 am

Post by Datisi »

he replaced out in lylo but sure, give me a bit
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #7154 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:04 am

Post by Datisi »

Subject: mini theme 2229: MBOS 13 schweppes' pulpy potions daya 5
Green Cap Boys wrote:Hi, it's me, the worst hydra buddy there is.

I asked Datisi to give reads so we could sync up, meanwhile I read exactly 2 people and tried to do a 3rd and my brain has been stunlocked since last night and unable to do anything game related. Unfortunately Datisi isn't going to be around for a bit so I need to get over myself and hop in the game regardless since we're scraping up against the deadline.

-R
he was already losing steam around here, we hadn't spoken in a bit iirc, but he was forced to start playing because i was being rushed to the ER so i didn't know when i was gonna be around again (i'm fine btw, was just a panic attack)

Spoiler:
Green Cap Boys wrote:I would not be a part of this game at all still had I not signed up as part of a hydra. As it is, Datisi asked me the other day if I'd regained any motivation, I said no but checked in the morning to see post hammer reactions, got pissed and decided to vent because I had stuff on my mind.

Regardless, I have basically no idea as to who is town and who is scum and there is no intrigue to it for me. I have no desire to solve. See ya.

-R
Green Cap Boys wrote:Been ignoring this game for the better part of a week because I hate it and don't care about the outcome whatsoever but Lol fuck off with this nonsense

-R
Green Cap Boys wrote:To, uh, a big extent if this a loss I accept responsibility here because Datisi and I went radio silent on communications and seemingly neither of us wanted to actually play this but couldn't bring ourselves to actually leave the game.

Of course, if you think I get demotivated as scum here...you really don't have a clue about me, or any idea of how people react to gamestates (big hint: the scum are close to achieving their win condition, while town are doing badly!)

and I know I said I'd fuck off because I hate this game but fighting instincts kicked in because I can't bring myself to roll over and die without trying at all even though it's likely to be too little too late. Don't want to say I no-showed as town.

-R

this is a snapshot of his posts late in our iso. where he was acting exactly like he is acting here. the "i wouldn't be demotivated as scum here because scum are closer to winning" is a point that i just got reminded of, though i have not thought it through yet
~M
Kaiji
Kaiji
Goon
Kaiji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7155 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:11 am

Post by Kaiji »

That's all well good but I have several theories that are able to explain demotivation as scum and all you're saying is that if he's town is that he's basically reducing the chances that we win significantly.
ざわ... ざわ...
Kaiji
Kaiji
Goon
Kaiji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7156 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:13 am

Post by Kaiji »

That being said - I pointed this out on day 3. Catboi had a guaranteed scum from his pov and was doing nothing *then*. If catboi is so demotivated because they can't catch any scum, when you get a scum who is confirmed from your POV why do you flop over?

I'd find it much more liklier that since Skitter was pushing catboi, and I was pushing mena/enchant at the time - in a town!skitter world - that he felt demotivated because 2 scum members were under heavy fire from strong players.

Would you not feel demotivated at that time that you are forced to bus?
ざわ... ざわ...
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #7157 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:15 am

Post by Datisi »

literally all i said was that i had seen him act like this as town before, that's it, i didn't claim he would never do it as scum or something >_>

sure, i probably would.
~M
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #7158 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:21 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 4650, schadd_ wrote:

vote count 3.1 !

Menalque (2):
Andante, Alyssa The Lamb
Andante (1):
Mare
Alyssa The Lamb (1):
skitter30

not voting (5):
catboi, Menalque, Something_Smart, Kaiji, Datisi

9 are alive, and it takes 5 votes to reevaluate someone's considerations. day 3 ends in (expired on 2022-01-30 04:45:00)

other ideas
  • did you know that skitter30 is vla on fridays and saturdays?
  • did you know that datisi is vla on tuesdays and thursdays?
In post 4900, schadd_ wrote:

vote count 3.2 !

Menalque (1):
Andante
Andante (1):
Mare
catboi (1):
skitter30
skitter30 (1):
catboi

not voting (5):
Menalque, Something_Smart, Datisi, Alyssa The Lamb, Kaiji

9 are alive, and it takes 5 votes to reevaluate someone's considerations. day 3 ends in (expired on 2022-01-30 04:45:00)

other ideas
In post 4898, schadd_ wrote:
In post 4841, Something_Smart wrote:
@mod do you allow mafia members to submit actions for their partners
yes
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Kaiji
Kaiji
Goon
Kaiji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7159 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:22 am

Post by Kaiji »

Spoiler:
In post 7158, DkKoba wrote:
In post 4650, schadd_ wrote:

vote count 3.1 !

Menalque (2):
Andante, Alyssa The Lamb
Andante (1):
Mare
Alyssa The Lamb (1):
skitter30

not voting (5):
catboi, Menalque, Something_Smart, Kaiji, Datisi

other ideas
In post 4900, schadd_ wrote:

vote count 3.2 !

Menalque (1):
Andante
Andante (1):
Mare
catboi (1):
skitter30
skitter30 (1):
catboi

not voting (5):
Menalque, Something_Smart, Datisi, Alyssa The Lamb, Kaiji

other ideas
In post 4898, schadd_ wrote:
In post 4841, Something_Smart wrote:
@mod do you allow mafia members to submit actions for their partners
yes
ざわ... ざわ...
Kaiji
Kaiji
Goon
Kaiji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7160 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:52 am

Post by Kaiji »

i will say im glad marathon weekend doesnt encompass this whole dayphase because we should at least have reasonable expectation for answers from catboi
ざわ... ざわ...
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7161 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:16 am

Post by catboi »

In post 7144, Kaiji wrote:
In post 7131, catboi wrote:Turns out I don't enjoy mafia much anymore.

Which isn't an excuse, but it is what it is.
Correction: i dont enjoy * this game* much anymore.

You are plenty enjoying mafia.
every time I've rolled town in a longform game the past few months it's been abjectly miserable (marathon/turbo stuff aren't really the same to me)

but I don't want to make this about my mental state really, I regret posting that stuff last night
Kaiji
Kaiji
Goon
Kaiji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7162 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:20 am

Post by Kaiji »

ok but please post things that are alignment indicative not just AtE. Those votecouns I posted have another theory applicable to them - try to think criticaly from your POV why d3 went the way it did.
ざわ... ざわ...
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7163 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:22 am

Post by catboi »

In post 7145, Kaiji wrote:
In post 7137, catboi wrote:
In post 6979, skitter30 wrote:upon seeing the enchant vig flip, i got reminded that kaiji slipped they arent vig. To my utter frustration and annoyance, they are probably town (and probably my strongest tr at this point)
how does that make kaiji town, I don't get it
why are none of the people who expressed suspicion of me dead?
because you need to kill the PRs that were consensus town first and thought you could win a 1v1

like are you seriously trying to argue you'd nightkill skitter here
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7164 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:24 am

Post by catboi »

In post 7162, Kaiji wrote:ok but please post things that are alignment indicative not just AtE. Those votecouns I posted have another theory applicable to them - try to think criticaly from your POV why d3 went the way it did.
I'm not sure what your poit is - in that situation as scum I'd just bus menalque since he wasn't doing anything
Kaiji
Kaiji
Goon
Kaiji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7165 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:27 am

Post by Kaiji »

In post 7163, catboi wrote:
In post 7145, Kaiji wrote:
In post 7137, catboi wrote:
In post 6979, skitter30 wrote:upon seeing the enchant vig flip, i got reminded that kaiji slipped they arent vig. To my utter frustration and annoyance, they are probably town (and probably my strongest tr at this point)
how does that make kaiji town, I don't get it
why are none of the people who expressed suspicion of me dead?
because you need to kill the PRs that were consensus town first and thought you could win a 1v1

like are you seriously trying to argue you'd nightkill me here
yes
ざわ... ざわ...
Kaiji
Kaiji
Goon
Kaiji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7166 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:28 am

Post by Kaiji »

i fixed your post because it was trying to suggest a different argument that wasn't relevant.
ざわ... ざわ...
Kaiji
Kaiji
Goon
Kaiji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7167 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:28 am

Post by Kaiji »

your accusation is that I played an informed alignment like I was uninformed, which is frankly hilarious to me.
ざわ... ざわ...
Kaiji
Kaiji
Goon
Kaiji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7168 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:31 am

Post by Kaiji »

this was the same thing skitter accused me of too.

you keep ignoring facts that would disprove you by waving them away without addressing them and that doesn't give me confidence in you being town.

Why did I egg on several people to hammer enchant!slot before I turned on you?

Your claim that I would not start to tinfoil a bus the way you were playing around the guilty is absurd. my progression is very obvious to anyone who actually reads between when the fake hammer happens and what happens next.

like damn.
ざわ... ざわ...
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #7169 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:34 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 7167, Kaiji wrote:your accusation is that I played an informed alignment like I was uninformed, which is frankly hilarious to me.
in fairness there are plenty of people who do this. my best moments as scum are when I do something so strange that people think I can't possibly have an agenda behind it (and often my only agenda is to make people think that).
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Kaiji
Kaiji
Goon
Kaiji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7170 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:35 am

Post by Kaiji »

In post 7169, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 7167, Kaiji wrote:your accusation is that I played an informed alignment like I was uninformed, which is frankly hilarious to me.
in fairness there are plenty of people who do this. my best moments as scum are when I do something so strange that people think I can't possibly have an agenda behind it (and often my only agenda is to make people think that).
Yeah but its moreso like .. thats usually for 1 off interactions, where this is an accusation of my play at large is uninformed. its kinda like in my scumgame to think 2 steps ahead of what I think will happen with the info I have. I'll take a minor dip into a risky play but then I know I'll come off looking better.
Unless like the accusation is that the "catboi push" is that kind of play in which case nah, I have very clear progression to why I went that way.
ざわ... ざわ...
Kaiji
Kaiji
Goon
Kaiji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7171 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:37 am

Post by Kaiji »

early game thats fair game but like seriously - end game is just I am strictly a person who says "get this shit over the finish line nothing fancy, people are likely to do things the way you need them to here"
ざわ... ざわ...
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #7172 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:04 am

Post by DkKoba »

my go to when pressured btw is not to respond when scum - it's to ignore. even in lategame -> here is an example:

retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Kaiji
Kaiji
Goon
Kaiji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7173 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:05 am

Post by Kaiji »

In post 7172, DkKoba wrote:my go to when pressured btw is not to respond when scum - it's to ignore. even in lategame -> here is an example:

koba change ur account challenge
ざわ... ざわ...
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #7174 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:48 am

Post by skitter30 »

vla until monday
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx

Return to “Completed Open Games”