Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:20 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

like it adds 0 to the game and does nothing but light shade the replace ins
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:26 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

I don't like the way Nero handled this

that's pretty much trying to make people think about the theory and if it can be legit (light shading like you said) and then distancing from it as someone else suggested it.
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:30 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I'm trying to make people think about it? I wish I could put thoughts into people's heads but I can't. dope super power though.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:30 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

Inception :shifty:

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:34 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

you know what I mean though. you of all people with this vast gaming experience should know that even if someone said that somewhere, its so moot and gateway to all sorts of fallacies. so didn't understand why you thought it's a good idea to even consider it and then attack it on the next post yourself

that just didn't sit well with me

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:47 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I'm not asking anyone to consider it. I literally said it brings nothing to the game b/c it doesn't. It's a dumb post.
In post 429, Frozen Angel wrote:should know that even if someone said that somewhere, its so moot and gateway to all sorts of fallacies.
In post 429, Frozen Angel wrote:then attack it on the next post yourself
you can't have it both ways. You can't attack me for attacking him while also attacking me for not liking a post that adds nothing to the game.

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:52 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 424, Nero Cain wrote:In fairness, there actually is a theory that most replace outs are done by scum but bringing it up is dumb
Simply I just didn't
this post coming from you.

I'm not having it both ways. I just said it's unsettling the way you mention it exists but call it dumb in one post. I know you didn't contradict yourself there and that wasn't my point. I'm just saying to even considering such a theory exists by you makes no sense to me.

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:55 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

or was there some sort of major theory crafting out there for real about this while I was gone from the website?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:00 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

It's been talked about multiple times in MD. Why is he talking about it in this game? IDK he's just scum that's hiding behind theory talk? maybe but whether or not said theory exists is irrelevant here, it's his motive that matters.

but I thought you were in agrement that his post was bad. So why is it bad that I think his post is bad?

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:16 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

It's not your conclusion that was unsettling with me even though I don't find him using that inherently scum motivated.

So he said because of this theory, I think to replace ins are more likely scum: This is pretty much a low hanging fruit slot with 0 contexts before this, saying something completely pointless again

2 people vote for him and I express my concern, then you first
give the theory some legitimacy
and then call him bad for using it. Now again I don't find that contradictory I just don't like how it was constructed to that point because I know you.

Now about my own read so far is that it was
weird and so sudden
that they tried to use that to generate a read on that moment and if it's not their typical playstyle (which would be an awful one) and he had no other legit reasons behind it (especially since he specifically mentioned me when there were 3 other replace ins), it's pretty much fabricated.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:43 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 261, Frozen Angel wrote:Fast switch between these two posts. I always find fast switches scummy. Town mindset is way more progressive than branching. Branching is what scum mindsets prefer so they can add themself to the discussions and gain others' trust.
everyone is different so its not like town do this and town don't do that, scum do this and scum don't do that but on average I think town are quicker to vote and scum are more hesitant. In my most recent game (the one before this) scum attacked me for moving my vote within 12 hours.
In post 287, Scorpious wrote:Can we all just appreciate Stephen?
can you brown-nose more?
In post 360, wavemode wrote:I don't fully follow 65. I get it, andante said 27 was scummy and some people agreed. you're just going to sheep that as your whole reason for voting hockey? there's a lot more in hockeyfan's ISO than 27 and 155
yes he does

ok, randomly votes T3 in

says he's town reading DW in

argues with fire about his meta in

ask Dante to go into further detail about his scum read on him in

reaffirms his town read for DW in

is blasting overkill for making a slightly useless post and tells DW he's used the being suspected and as DW why surye is scummy.

congratulates himself on getting a pagetop

defends his

continues to call overkill scum while sitting on his RVS (could argue that this was a joke but eh)

What exactly is town here? You could argue that all this is null at best but if I'm voting him for why does a bunch of null posts make me want to unvote?

Also, keep in mind that didn't even exist by the time I voted in . If you believe that I should have unvoted him for his posting after 155 then ok let's talk about it? It seems like it's mostly asking others about their reads. I mean is a pretty good post but it's also the natural response to Eyes anyway.

but you yourself have this funny half in half out "town" read of him. Why is it not a full town read? If you think I'm scum and voting him but you don't think he's town does that mean you think he's being bussed?
In post 349, wavemode wrote:I *want* to believe greeting and hockeyfan are town
its page 18 and he's still sitting on his RVS :lol:

Stephen A Smith
Stephen A Smith
Goon
Stephen A Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:12 am

Post by Stephen A Smith »

Is there anyone here who townreads HockeyFan?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:14 am

Post by Nero Cain »

wavemode does, sorta kinda

Stephen A Smith
Stephen A Smith
Goon
Stephen A Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:16 am

We need to book him for my ESPN debate show then

@WaveMode are you ready to defend your boy Hockey
Stephen A Smith
Stephen A Smith
Goon
Stephen A Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:16 am

We need to book him for my ESPN Live debate show then

@WaveMode are you ready to defend your boy HockeyFan?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:23 am

Post by Datisi »

vote count 1.07

with 13 votes in play, it takes 7 to make a decision. day 1 ends in (expired on 2022-02-19 12:00:00).

yeet
HockeyFan [3]:
Nero Cain, Surye, Stephen A Smith
Eyes without a face [3]:
wavemode, fireisredsir, Dwlee99
Frozen Angel [1]:
HockeyFan
Greeting [1]:
Eyes without a face
Stephen A Smith [1]:
Greeting
Andante [1]:
Scorpious

not voting [3]:
0verki11, Frozen Angel, Andante

mod notes~ this is a mod note.

flavourImage
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:24 am

Post by Datisi »

prodding Surye and 0verki11.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:29 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 364, Frozen Angel wrote:there is no such thing as a certain read without role actions btw
or mafia. scum already knows all the alignments.
In post 367, wavemode wrote:Well, no. I get that *andante* said it was scummy. But that doesn't mean I find it scummy (personally I'm leaning town on hockey), and that certainly doesn't mean I like nero sheeping that reasoning
So b/c you don't find it scummy I can't find it scummy? WTF!?! I mean, yeah....there's scum motivation in sheeping but its not like all sheep votes or agreeing with someone else's logic comes from a red alignment. I don't think AD ever went into detail about why 27 was scummy to her but I can tell you why it was scummy to me.
In post 27, HockeyFan wrote:Goddamm, looks like I already found all of t3's partners
im assuming that this line is a joke
In post 27, HockeyFan wrote:I like this, and I agree with reasoning, town pings
it was an RVS vote on p1. Highly doubt it was serious and hockey town reading Fire for that felt forced.
In post 27, HockeyFan wrote:Why do you want only pressure on 1 person to start the game? Doesnt make sense, a wagon shouldn't be formed on page 1 for the most part imo
Like the first time I read it mafia against the formation of wagons and wanting to stay in RVS. I mean maybe he was actually concerned that Dante wanted an early wagon.
cause mine is the 9th vote, not the 8th vote. everyone knows the 8th vote is the suspicious one
Fire said this and then Hockey said
In post 27, HockeyFan wrote:Like 2nd part of the post(no town pings tho), but the first part of it(bolded) is ???, seems a bit awkward to come out and say that(I think Dwelee said this? and i agree with them)
I thought it was an obvious joke and it was pretty lame to throw shade there.

Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:39 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 407, HockeyFan wrote:
In post 406, Greeting wrote:
Scorpious
is unusually enthusiastic about this game.

My gut tells me it's because of
Stephen A Smith
though. :lol:
Does them being enthusiastic about this game affect your read on them?
I thought the context of the post implied that I think it's NAI.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:41 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 413, Eyes without a face wrote:Maybe not but statistically scum replace out more than town do and especially so at the start of the game. Someone who doesn't like to play scum or someone who didn't like their teammates or someone who thought one of their own are going down too early. I do not promote it to be a 100% plan but early replacement have a higher %age of being scum than you would expect.
Personally, I haven't seen a higher proportion of scums seeking replacement than town in any of the games I played. I don't think that's a very credible theory.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:12 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 409, fireisredsir wrote:@Greeting, current opinions on waveform and hockeyfan?
I spoke of
HockeyFan
in and my opinion hasn't changed.

I'm assuming you mean
wavemode
. I have rather mixed feelings about that slot and I'm open to eliminating that.

His early behavior is rather erratic. I don't like nor the subsequent explanation in .
0verki11
is a rather nullish, inactive slot. My vote on him was RVS, and once that ended I lost interest in that slot completely. While
0verki11
hasn't contributed much, I don't think there's enough stuff to raise anyone's suspicions.
wavemode
's posting history does not indicate any willingness to put pressure on him. And yet, later in he speaks highly of the questioning process, none of which he exhibited himself.

Which is why I think these two posts come either from a "meh, I'll just pick lhf and stick to it" perspective that only makes sense if coming from scum.

Another slot which is easy to suspect is
Eyes without a face
who is also their current choice of vote. Sure, they're also rather questionable, but I feel that it's just the easy road for scum to go after someone who's obviously standing out for not posting very much when in fact it's more likely to be NAI than scum. The speed in which the
Eyes without a face
wagon gained votes is concerning. Then again, he does have a point with - that is a read that can be explained from a town point of view. If
wavemode
is town then I guess we just differ in the judgement of , which I think isn't very scummy and is NAI at best. This could unfortunately also make a point from a scum point of view if
wavemode
is treating
Eyes without a face
as an easy Day 1 miselimination.

As for , I haven't been paying much attention to
Nero Cain
and that slot didn't really pick my attention either. I don't feel like analysing it right now though, maybe later.

I also don't see
Scorpious
as particularly scummy this game (referencing ). It is, however, my gut read based on the fact that his scum game often tends to be unenthusiastic and he seems to be really into it this time. I'm not ruling out scum
Scorpious
, but I think there's more scummy slots than that.

Overall,
wavemode
has been clinging on to low hanging fruit all game and I feel like I'm on different wavelengths with them when it comes to reads. In my opinion, this makes a chance of them being scum higher than average.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:15 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 434, Frozen Angel wrote:It's not your conclusion that was unsettling with me even though I don't find him using that inherently scum motivated.

So he said because of this theory, I think to replace ins are more likely scum: This is pretty much a low hanging fruit slot with 0 contexts before this, saying something completely pointless again

2 people vote for him and I express my concern, then you first
give the theory some legitimacy
and then call him bad for using it. Now again I don't find that contradictory I just don't like how it was constructed to that point because I know you.

Now about my own read so far is that it was
weird and so sudden
that they tried to use that to generate a read on that moment and if it's not their typical playstyle (which would be an awful one) and he had no other legit reasons behind it (especially since he specifically mentioned me when there were 3 other replace ins), it's pretty much fabricated.
I like this post very much. Maybe I should look into
Nero Cain
after all?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:15 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 436, Stephen A Smith wrote:Is there anyone here who townreads HockeyFan?
Me.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:20 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 442, Nero Cain wrote:I thought it was an obvious joke and it was pretty lame to throw shade there.
hmm the maf game he linked early had someone calling him out for not getting a joke on page 1... he had a similar kinda stilted manner in the first few pages of 830... i already talked about this a little when i first called him out for not having the banter tone he does as town, but maybe him not getting jokes (or just taking things too seriously early) is an actual scumtell for him
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:17 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 406, Greeting wrote:
Scorpious
is unusually enthusiastic about this game.

My gut tells me it's because of
Stephen A Smith
though. :lol:

Real game day 1 Stephen was an absolute treat. They did a great job with a gimmick slot. It’s tapered a bit .

So far this group is also very interesting, far from the travesty we were involved in a few weeks ago.
"Would you like to know more?"

I am like a renaissance artist. People appreciate me more after I am dead

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

People always fear what they don't understand

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”