Newbie 2089 | Endgame

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators.
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:17 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

In post 38, fwogcarf wrote:been about a solid year and a half since i last played a game here

what's going on fellas
The rare game with no RVS. TBH I agree this can be more productive than RVS.
Frogsterking wrote: Wow this is a really, really unfortunate slip if you're town. This looks like a consciousness of guilt slip.
Explain more?
If u dont elim me today, you are Minecrafters
~Vasex
When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
~Enchant
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:17 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

Pagetop!
~Vasex
When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
~Enchant
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:25 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 73, NorwegianboyEE wrote:What on earth is an conciousness of guilt slip and why would that ever happen.
Consciousness of guilt is one of the main foundations of scumhunting. It's one of the reasons players change behavior between alignment and is accepted in court of law:

https://nycourts.gov/judges/evidence/4- ... _Guilt.pdf

As for why a slip like this can happen, there was something else I was looking for but I found this first which is interesting and comes from a different approach:

https://pubs.asha.org/doi/10.1044/jshr.2203.421 (abstract of 1979 study on priming)

In the cognitive psych and neuropsych world I'd say that while tired and distracted we have less ability to inhibit our autopilot.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
fwogcarf
fwogcarf
Goon
fwogcarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:42 pm

Post by fwogcarf »

In post 71, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Ah Fwogcarf you were in Large Normal 228. I could swear i remembered you.
yeah it's been a while LOL
fwogcarf
fwogcarf
Goon
fwogcarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:45 pm

Post by fwogcarf »

In post 72, Frogsterking wrote:I'm still procrastinating on posting the SSS.
In post 68, ProgoWoshua wrote:
In post 67, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 62, ProgoWoshua wrote:
In post 61, NorwegianboyEE wrote:ProgoWoshua you gonna come in?
Don’t be shy! Come and say hi!
I’ve got tea and crackers setting up on the fly.
I'm a little busy right now. But I pretend to respond to Daniel's strategy soon.
You mean this? I'm not sure why they said pretend, I assume they are joking.
I meant "intend". Sorry.
Nah

Wow this is a really, really unfortunate slip if you're town. This looks like a consciousness of guilt slip.

VOTE: ProgoWoshua

TistDaniel seems obvtown and I'm just going to leave it at that.
fwogcarf
fwogcarf
Goon
fwogcarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:46 pm

Post by fwogcarf »

wait why did my response not post

oh no it did it just put it IN the quote instead of OUT of it

"Nah"
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:48 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Nah to what.
Daniel seeming obvtown or the "slip"?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:09 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I don't think consciousness of guilt is the right terminology for what is being accused of being a slip, it seems to be something different
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:13 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Whatever the terminology is, i think these "slips" rarely if ever indicates allignment.
Now i did find their correction a bit funny and awkward but i don’t seriously believe it’s indicative of scum, and if the player is scum then it’s likely an coincidence.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
fwogcarf
fwogcarf
Goon
fwogcarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:22 pm

Post by fwogcarf »

In post 81, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Nah to what.
Daniel seeming obvtown or the "slip"?
the "slip"
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:58 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 82, Dunnstral wrote:I don't think consciousness of guilt is the right terminology for what is being accused of being a slip, it seems to be something different
Yeah I was wondering
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:17 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

That doesn't feel like a slip to me.
~Vasex
~Enchant
ofmercia
ofmercia
Goon
ofmercia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:52 pm

Post by ofmercia »

If it's a slip which I think it is. Then scum team is progo and norwegian. I didn't want to jump to conclusions but the moment I saw it, it clearly looks like scum talking to eahother and 1 of them accidentally posted in the main thread. Highly unfortunate tbh.

Norwegian's defence is making it seem more and like the case.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:54 pm

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 73, NorwegianboyEE wrote:What on earth is an conciousness of guilt slip and why would that ever happen.
Portuguese word for "Intends" = "Pretende".
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:34 pm

Post by ProgoWoshua »

This is far from being the only false cognate between Portuguese and English, but it's the only one I have a problem with. For some reason, main brain has fixated on it and I'll misuse it if I'm not careful.

Yes, it is annoying.

This is the third time I've made this mistake in this site alone,
and this is only my second game!
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:46 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 87, ofmercia wrote:If it's a slip which I think it is. Then scum team is progo and norwegian. I didn't want to jump to conclusions but the moment I saw it, it clearly looks like scum talking to eahother and 1 of them accidentally posted in the main thread. Highly unfortunate tbh.

Norwegian's defence is making it seem more and like the case.
Lol.
Can you elaborate on what these posts of "scum clearly talking to each other are? And why?
Let me understand what ur seeing here.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:51 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Let me elaborate that in all my life of playing mafia i’ve never seen scum make a "slip" like that, mainly because it’s not something that happens. Is it a defense when i can point to a long line of history that suggests my thought is right? It’s more that i’m sharing an fact.
They can be scum for other reasons, but for a ‘slip’? No.
Point to me any game that has ever happened where scum slips in that manner, and don’t give me some big judicial explanation of the court system and criminal mind, i’m talking mafia here.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:58 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

As confirmed from above it’s just an language issue.
What you’re saying is that Progo accidentally wrote that he intended to only pretend to reply to someone.
What does that even mean? Why would you pretend to respond? What scum would "slip" to say that? First thing, no scum ever writes that they are going to pretend to reply to someone because that is an weird thought to have and the mind doesn’t work that way. Second, that’s just a really weird thing to say. Clearly the alternative explanation that they intended to type intend makes a lot of sense.
Whether it’s language or spelling error, anyone that thinks it isn’t are being completely bonkers!

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:01 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

And with that i’m going to vote here for what seems like an blatant attempt to push a bad case on Progo, and also
lining up mislims
by suggesting that i am partnered for saying it’s a dumb theory.
Unless you can prove to me your way of thinking makes sense to you i’m going to assume you’re scum that is pushing town in bad faith by going along with that theory and the "partnered" nonsense.
VOTE: OfMercia

- Bunno
ofmercia
ofmercia
Goon
ofmercia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:10 am

Post by ofmercia »

The two of you being in a scum thread discussing things. You ask him something in the main thread. He accidentally responds in the main thread.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:14 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 62, ProgoWoshua wrote:
In post 61, NorwegianboyEE wrote:ProgoWoshua you gonna come in?
Don’t be shy! Come and say hi!
I’ve got tea and crackers setting up on the fly.
I'm a little busy right now. But I pretend to respond to Daniel's strategy soon.
So what you’re saying is you think Progo came in, assumed this was the scum thread and said "i will pretend to respond to Daniels strategy soon"?

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:16 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Not an bad theory i suppose. Although i know it’s wrong i can see why you could interpret it that way.
UNVOTE:
Ok i don’t think your thoughts are in bad faith or scummy anymore.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:17 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Progo what’s ur thoughts on game so far.

- Bunno
ofmercia
ofmercia
Goon
ofmercia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:21 am

Post by ofmercia »

At the time it was a highly suspicious post, the language defense does make sense though.
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:23 am

Post by KittyTacky »

Being someone who messes up similar words like "pretend" and "intend" sometimes, not to mention "pretend" making no grammatical or logical sense in that context whether in mafia chat or out, leads me to believe it's just a typo. I'll hold out on voting for now but Frogsterking and ofmercia are both sus to me and ofmercia's push, in particular, seems a bit like a scum jumping onto a possible early wagon.

Read Progo's post again. How does "I pretend to respond to Daniel's strategy soon" make any sense, especially since Progo doesn't seem like a caveman? I think missing a "will" is pretty unlikely. And what would pretending to respond to someone even entail? It's clear to me that it's a typo.
~Vasex
~Enchant

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”