Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5550 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:55 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 5534, innocentvillager wrote:On Tuesday I go back to my normal hours again so I'll try to do something tomorrow while I still have the long weekend.

Andres can you remind me why you think I'm town? And why you scumread Aris, for that matter, besides not liking her AtE on a personal level (also is that part of the scumread or just something you don't like)?

I feel like you're just stalling because you don't want to rule out the me/Datisi world when you vote Aris. Also I feel like you'd rather wait for Datisi to vote me so you can just hammer me instead of having to make the first move.
I had reached the conclusion that you’re Town as a derivative of how I’ve been looking at the game, and the mechanical certainty that you’re a Gunsmith, and I think this Town is too weak without your role in play in some fashion. I don’t think there’s a Rolestopper / Jailkeeper on the Scum side, since I agree it’s too strong and makes the game far too Scum sided. But I can’t imagine that the Town only had a Vigilante for 1-Shot basically (with a random Commuter addition that was never going to be used in that situation), a Weak Disloyal Fruit Vendor (who btw, outted and didn’t do much probably anticipating not being the strongest role, and then what, proving to be the main role for Town? absurd), and a Backup that’s gone unused. In part I’m hesitating because I don’t think I’m the strongest player analyzing balance, and I have never been a Mod around here or reviewed a setup. I’ve played a lot of games, so that’s the only way I know what sort of makes sense, and what makes for an un-winnable game for either side. But I don’t think I can definitively say these are the roles that should exist, and these are the roles that cannot exist. Having said that, I don’t think I’m the weakest Town player around either, so I do trust my ability to sort through a setup and think through whether something makes sense.

There’s a few things in this game I don’t understand. I don’t understand why Aristeia and Datisi, who remain in my mind the most likely solve, shoot House. I can’t fully explain that. The problem with arguments about the NK is that they have been made (and are made) for chaos sometimes, or to frame a player, or out of mechanical considerations that are stronger than the impact that player would make as Town. I always remember that in situations like this, you need to make sure all of the Town vote correctly, or you lose. House was the easiest execution today if you had sorted out that they didn’t make any sense having a power role, which most of the players alive hinted at in some fashion. They also seemed very likely to vote for you IV. But if they were wrong about you, and you’re Town, then why not set up that 1v1 and then the Scum just win the game? The most paranoid player I know still left is probably Datisi, and they’re the only player I see concluding that House was actually a PR, and shooting there to avoid any shenanigans with a potential role. That still leaves open the question as to how a potential House role would fit with a Town Gunsmith, but I can’t fully get into that mindset because I knew House was full of shit. And that’s a bit the rub.

As to your question about Aristeia, it’s not only that I find it distasteful, which I do, but that I SR the play. If you’re Town, then trying to bash players endlessly for looking at things a certain way is not how you get them to do the “right thing”. What Aristeia was doing to Mathblade for example seemed designed to get them to question their skills and worldview to the point where they either fail to act completely, or do what they wanted them to do. It’s manipulative in the extreme. I can’t TR it.

I also think the player least likely to be Scum is Mathblade. Mechanically, I don’t see it. I don’t see how we have a false clear. So I have to trust that Mathblade is Town or I know we have lost the game. Mathblade is now trying to argue that I’m Scum because *gasp* I have been enjoying my long weekend. But they can fuck off with that. If you want to make the most idiotic move in Mafia ever by randomly voting for a player in ELo outside of the established 1v1, by all means. But they’re still almost surely Town, and I can’t go against what they’ve been saying this whole game when they’ve been correct about a few key items and constantly ignored.

I will say, I think Aristeia brings some valid points about you, which is why I haven’t voted honestly. In part, I wanted to express as much certainty as possible here to try and get the Team to crystallize for me in some fashion, making the job a bit easier. I haven’t been able to get Datisi to vote, and Mathblade is obviously going to wait until the last minute, so that’s clearly failed, but I wanted to give myself a chance to maximize the odds of victory by making sense of a full solve with votes down and the game not over. Alternatively, maybe the game does end and it’s not my fault. That’s a bit cowardly, I know, but what are you doing to do.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5551 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:05 am

Post by Andresvmb »

I hope Aristeia you’re feeling better btw. Obviously not great.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5552 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:07 am

Post by Andresvmb »

I think I would have wanted to get voted up here. It’s the one time I think I’m going to make the Team lose almost regardless and that’s playing in my mind.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5553 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:08 am

Post by Andresvmb »

This is totally absurd though. You have supposed Confirmed Scum on your sights, and you’re agreeing to voting elsewhere? Is this really what was happening?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #5554 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:09 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 5550, Andresvmb wrote:The most paranoid player I know still left is probably Datisi, and they’re the only player I see concluding that House was actually a PR, and shooting there to avoid any shenanigans with a potential role.
funny this is that i actually did try to reason out what power role house could possibly be that would be revealed that late in the game, and would be confirmed town. a n4 vig, a n4 friendly neighbour, and a n4 ic were the only possibilities. none of them were anywhere close to likely, and keeping a loose cannon townie who just fakeclaimed for the umpteenth time this game would be extremely valuable in yelo. and even if he did get confirmed, it's still valuable to have him here instead of mathblade who's gonna be going through every possible scenario and grilling us.
In post 5550, Andresvmb wrote:I had reached the conclusion that you’re Town as a derivative of how I’ve been looking at the game, and the mechanical certainty that you’re a Gunsmith, and I think this Town is too weak without your role in play in some fashion. I don’t think there’s a Rolestopper / Jailkeeper on the Scum side, since I agree it’s too strong and makes the game far too Scum sided.

[snip]

I also think the player least likely to be Scum is Mathblade. Mechanically, I don’t see it. I don’t see how we have a false clear.
so... if you think that innocentvillager is town, then you *must* think that there is something on the scum side that can block or somehow otherwise stop night actions. if you believe that, how do you "mechanically don't see math being a false clear"?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5555 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:11 am

Post by Andresvmb »

^no I don’t. Aristeia could be Ascetic. What?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #5556 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:12 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 5550, Andresvmb wrote:If you want to make the most idiotic move in Mafia ever by randomly voting for a player in ELo outside of the established 1v1, by all means.
wait, hold up, did you yourself do this in the first game we played together? since when are you against this?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5557 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:13 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 5556, Datisi wrote:
In post 5550, Andresvmb wrote:If you want to make the most idiotic move in Mafia ever by randomly voting for a player in ELo outside of the established 1v1, by all means.
wait, hold up, did you yourself do this in the first game we played together? since when are you against this?
Go look at that game, and the strategic point I made that lead to my vote, and then come back here. I’m giving you the chance not to make yourself look foolish.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5558 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:13 am

Post by Andresvmb »

Because if you think I was making a broader point about how to play ELo, that’s a gross misrepresentation of my play that game.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #5559 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:14 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 5555, Andresvmb wrote:^no I don’t. Aristeia could be Ascetic. What?
riiight, the one mechanical scenario where iv is town and math is unable to be falsely cleared. carry on.
~M
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5560 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:14 am

Post by MathBlade »

Lots of words, lack of votes. :(

Sad Math here

Will read all the words after work
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #5561 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:15 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 5557, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 5556, Datisi wrote:
Go look at that game, and the strategic point I made that lead to my vote, and then come back here. I’m giving you the chance not to make yourself look foolish.
okay, i lost interest.
~M
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #5562 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:34 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 5553, Andresvmb wrote:
This is totally absurd though. You have supposed Confirmed Scum on your sights, and you’re agreeing to voting elsewhere? Is this really what was happening?
This is not what I agreed to at all. My vote is never moving from IV today.

Mathblade is telling me he wants to do a silly reaction test.

I told him I didn't want him to do anything silly.

He said he wants to see if IV/Me are S/S by voting for Andres.

I said "ok" because I know I'm not scum and Datisi is probably asleep at 4am so risk is minimal.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5563 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:36 am

Post by Aristeia »

Mathblade is not proposing to vote for you.

He wanted to vote you, see if me/iv quickhammer and then unvote a minute later in order to "clear" IV/Me as S/S
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5564 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:40 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 5550, Andresvmb wrote:What Aristeia was doing to Mathblade for example seemed designed to get them to question their skills and worldview to the point where they either fail to act completely, or do what they wanted them to do. It’s manipulative in the extreme. I can’t TR it.
Regardless of whether you tr what I did to mathblade - the fact remains it was effective in preventing a town loss yesterday.

If your preference is to have me shut up and just lose the game yesterday - I don't see how that's a protown POV?

If anything your insistence that no lim was bad and the scum would "obviously" shoot in mb/iv yesterday was kind of a bad take since we now
know
it to be not true. Yet you continue to double down that iv/mb must be town by mech.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5565 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:55 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 5550, Andresvmb wrote:I also think the player least likely to be Scum is Mathblade. Mechanically, I don’t see it. I don’t see how we have a false clear.
It's really weird to me how you can both think that a false clear is impossible because of ????? yet believe I can be a Scum Ascetic - which by definition is a false clear if I get targetted by VPB...
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5566 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:07 am

Post by MathBlade »

I am in a bit of a weird place atm.

Game just finished so yeah my emotions are weird atm.

Can I bribe Datisi or Andres with emoticons to vote?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5567 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:31 am

Post by Aristeia »

I guess I can beg Datisi and you can beg Andres?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5568 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:36 am

Post by MathBlade »

Whichever way works.

Neither of them scumread me and so necessarily the game is solved for them.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5569 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:37 am

Post by MathBlade »

They should be directing arguments towards me after voting because I don’t see any other way this goes down.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #5570 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:41 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 5568, MathBlade wrote:Neither of them scumread me and so necessarily the game is solved for them.
how is the game solved for me again?
~M
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5571 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:46 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5570, Datisi wrote:
In post 5568, MathBlade wrote:Neither of them scumread me and so necessarily the game is solved for them.
how is the game solved for me again?
You townread yourself. You townread me.
Two out of three scum are in Andres/IV from your POV.

If Ari+IV vote whichever
If IV+Andres you always vote IV
If Ari+Andres you always vote Ari

You scumread IV therefore the solve to you is IV+Andres.

Similarly the solve to Andres is Ari+Datisi.

Both of you (Datisi/Andres) are bickering at each other trying to get the other to say they’re scum which is not productive
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #5572 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:48 am

Post by Datisi »

that isn't a solved game though. my solve is iv/andres currently, but it can be wrong, the game isn't solved for me.
~M
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5573 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:54 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5572, Datisi wrote:that isn't a solved game though. my solve is iv/andres currently, but it can be wrong, the game isn't solved for me.
Okay another way to look at this from your POV.

I am town. You’re town.

Who is the third town?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #5574 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:10 am

Post by Datisi »

i'm guessing ari. that's my current bet. but again, that is not a "solved game".

if this game were solved for me, it would be much easier than whatever this is. yes, i know i've been slacking off, shut up.
~M

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”