Newbie 2089 | Endgame

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:59 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 324, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 316, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 197, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Consistent or not consistent isn’t necesarilly indicative of town or scum.
Town players contradict themselves all the time. And players that are very consistent when they are usually not, may be scum.
Is consistency something you scum hunt with Frog?
This is one of those posts that is so easily faked with how often I've heard this exact phrase and wording.
Post faked? I stated a fact.
TF you talking about.
Yes, it is a fact but at the end of the day, it's content to me that seems easily made from either alignment that seems like a fake.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:03 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

Also, nice Elis profile picture, kind of an obscure character.

I will admit that not all content can be fake but it's far easier to do that.
TistDaniel
TistDaniel
He
Goon
TistDaniel
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:14 am

Post by TistDaniel »

Going to go back and try to finish reading 2087. It seems a little more important now that we have two players from that game. I also find it amusing that they're both comparing me to the same person.

I'm a slow reader, and 2089 is my priority, so who knows if I'll ever actually finish reading D1, but things seem slow over here for the moment, so may as well try.

Have to say, I'm liking StrangeMatter. She feels like town to me, much more than Dunnstral did. That's also how she felt in the previous game though, so not sure if she just always seems like that.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:17 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

I was actually spectating but I did see some similarities there.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:22 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 328, StrangeMatter wrote:I was actually spectating in 2087, but I did see some similarities there.
Wait LMAO I'm stupid I was playing gave up and then came back to spectate.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:22 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Reading previous games i’ve not been in myself never did much for me.
Reading for motivations in current game seems to me an far more useful tool in general.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
TistDaniel
TistDaniel
He
Goon
TistDaniel
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:30 am

Post by TistDaniel »

Yeah, I'm not so sure about learning player meta. It's more about testing a scumhunting hypothesis, and needing a larger dataset.
ofmercia
ofmercia
Goon
ofmercia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:15 am

Post by ofmercia »

In post 300, TistDaniel wrote:It's page 13 and Frogsterking is now officially overdue on his SSS.
Last post was Saturday, not looking promising.
TistDaniel
TistDaniel
He
Goon
TistDaniel
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:21 am

Post by TistDaniel »

It's a shame. I was looking forward to seeing how that turned out.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:02 pm

Post by ProgoWoshua »

Hi, Strange! Welcome!
In post 327, TistDaniel wrote:Going to go back and try to finish reading 2087. It seems a little more important now that we have two players from that game. I also find it amusing that they're both comparing me to the same person.
I agree. It is quite amusing. But it should be expected. Your posting style is similar to his, and you're both newbies playing your first game on the site.
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:53 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

In post 309, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 253, KittyTacky wrote:
In post 247, TistDaniel wrote: I think I've seen the most scummy behavior from ofmercia, but I think true scum would make more of an effort to hide scummy behavior. Not quite ready to townread them yet, but they are at least one of the more active players.
Ofmercia is new. Honestly their posts ping me more as a newbie scum than a scummy newbie, if that makes sense.
Sorry can’t post as much but, can you point out what and why you think this?
As I explained before, it's the push on ProgoWoshua early on, following Frogster's original push. It just pinged me as an extremely scummy thing to do so early, with Progo's "slip" making no sense if interpreted as a slip (again, how do you pretend to respond to someone's strategy?) and a weird defense afterward that involved ignoring my questions. I'm convinced they're scum.
If u dont elim me today, you are Minecrafters
~Vasex
When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
~Enchant
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:54 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

Around 70% chance off a hunch.
~Vasex
When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
~Enchant
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:56 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

Regardless of if I'm right about ofmercia or not, Frogster is also rising on my scum radar, due to massive lurking and not following through on the survey. Those are my main two scumreads, and I'm 90% sure there's a scum between those two.
~Vasex
~Enchant
ofmercia
ofmercia
Goon
ofmercia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:35 pm

Post by ofmercia »

In post 337, KittyTacky wrote:Regardless of if I'm right about ofmercia or not, Frogster is also rising on my scum radar, due to massive lurking and not following through on the survey. Those are my main two scumreads, and I'm 90% sure there's a scum between those two.
Is frog afk or lurking/delaying the survey? If he is afk that's a suspicious reason for a scum read.
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:35 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

I'm pretty sure he's lurking. Even at the time of his last post, the survey was long overdue.
~Vasex
~Enchant
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:16 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

I apologize for my lurking. I think I've kept fairly well read on this game.

I think frognworth and KittyTacky are likely to flip scum. VOTE: frognworth I'm down to wagon either.

I think Dunnstral/StrangeMatters and AutoDefennstrel are the limbait slots who are are likely to be easy pushes who flip town.

I think Progo put enough effort into their posts that it's sort of making his life difficult as scum so I think he's town. I think Norwee's vote on me and paranoia of my slot is likely to come from town and some of his posts were too helpful I think for if he were playing scum. And I also am not paranoid of Tist who I think is town.

Then I think ofmercia's play is slightly more aggressive than the other players at this table which can sometimes lead to getting his slot scum read, and in my experience, kind of like the limbait slots, he's likely to flip town.

So then I just have frognworth and KittyTacky left and I read through their isos and I see hanging back, pushing easy slots while staying on the sidelanes, posting just enough to get slightly townread. I'm somewhat confident there's at least 1 scum between KittyTacky and frognworth.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:51 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Frognworth is who?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:56 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 341, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Frognworth is who?
fwogcarf
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:16 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

In post 340, Frogsterking wrote:I apologize for my lurking. I think I've kept fairly well read on this game.

I think frognworth and KittyTacky are likely to flip scum. VOTE: frognworth I'm down to wagon either.

I think Dunnstral/StrangeMatters and AutoDefennstrel are the limbait slots who are are likely to be easy pushes who flip town.

I think Progo put enough effort into their posts that it's sort of making his life difficult as scum so I think he's town. I think Norwee's vote on me and paranoia of my slot is likely to come from town and some of his posts were too helpful I think for if he were playing scum. And I also am not paranoid of Tist who I think is town.

Then I think ofmercia's play is slightly more aggressive than the other players at this table which can sometimes lead to getting his slot scum read, and in my experience, kind of like the limbait slots, he's likely to flip town.

So then I just have frognworth and KittyTacky left and I read through their isos and I see hanging back, pushing easy slots while staying on the sidelanes, posting just enough to get slightly townread. I'm somewhat confident there's at least 1 scum between KittyTacky and frognworth.
1. Ofmercia's aggression isn't the problem by itself, aggressive towns win games. The problem is that the aggression was inane and extremely poorly explained when questioned.
2. Where's your survey my man?
~Vasex
~Enchant
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:18 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

We ALL expected your survey. Give us survey or DIE.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:18 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

…would you please?

- Bunno
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:23 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 345, NorwegianboyEE wrote:…would you please?
Yes! Do you agree/disagree with my scum reads?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:46 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Don’t see why you think Auto is limbait.

- Bunno
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:00 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 347, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Don’t see why you think Auto is limbait.
Doesn't post much, paranoid of a popular town read.
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:05 am

Post by KittyTacky »

In post 346, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 345, NorwegianboyEE wrote:…would you please?
Yes! Do you agree/disagree with my scum reads?
I disagree with your scumreads because you scumread me and I know I am town and fwogcarf didn't say anything that pinged my scum radar. Auto pings me more as a scummy townie limbait, yeah. As for Dunnstral, they and their replacement are aggressively null to me.
~Vasex
~Enchant

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”