Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1500 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:42 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 1489, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1485, Aristeia wrote:why wouldn't she let NKs sort out a mason claim? ~.~ seems kind of common sense to me.
That’s what she says she’s going to do.

But instead she’s taking a kind of passive aggressive stance.

It’s different.

Did you read it?
yes, I don't understand what you find scummy about it?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1501 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:43 pm

Post by skitter30 »

Math your perception of the gamestate is skewed, and at least 4 different people are telling you that

If you're implying 'm passively shading you because i'm buddies with wu and trying to divert that wagon, that predicates wu is scum and that's still not something i'm particularly sold on
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1502 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:44 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1497, MathBlade wrote:There needs to be a catalyst why.
No, there doesnt, and the wagon movements were a lot more organic than how you're describing them
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1503 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:44 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1501, skitter30 wrote:Math your perception of the gamestate is skewed, and at least 4 different people are telling you that

If you're implying 'm passively shading you because i'm buddies with wu and trying to divert that wagon, that predicates wu is scum and that's still not something i'm particularly sold on
And I think most are scum trying to save Wu.

I am working with Ari answering questions

But I KNOW a majority of the game was skewed to wagon both masons

Baseless crap like this doesn’t help me get where you are if that’s what you want.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
GeneralWu
GeneralWu
Goon
GeneralWu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1504 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:46 pm

Post by GeneralWu »

In post 1485, Aristeia wrote:why wouldn't she let NKs sort out a mason claim? ~.~ seems kind of common sense to me.
I've played games as scum in this situation before. We sometimes left the PRs alive longer just to cause confusion. We also assumed there would be other PRs protecting them. During the day, we said things like "nightkills are wifom" to justify everything.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1505 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:47 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1497, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1495, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1478, MathBlade wrote:This argument reinforces Wu scum even more. This isn’t the shining bullet you think it is.
how so? serious question, I'm curious for your reasoning. i don't think it's a shining bullet (? lol), i have no horse in this race, im just trying to show you why your interpretation of events is not necessarily the reality, and that therefore the assumptions your making based off of your interpretation are kinda useless to the rest of us
Datisi top wagon becomes
Wu top wagon
Back to Datisi followed with a rapid departure from Wu
Nordom (me) is being counter wagoned

Wu was abandoned hard

There needs to be a catalyst why.
i mean one possible catalyst is that nordom looked scummy? maybe I'm just too biased here bc I know that I'm town and I scumread both nordom and monkey, so i don't see why it has to be scum that led those wagons. but anyway, ignoring that, you think it's impossible that all 4 are town? why? why can't it just be natural evolution of town thought? why does everything day 1 have to be orchestrated and planned by scum? you've played enough games to know that there often isn't some grand plan for scum, especially on day 1 when everything is chaos and the lim is almost never gonna be maf, they just will want to blend in
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1506 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:47 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1498, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1476, Nero Cain wrote:you know Math. It was mainly me _ fua that had driven the Wu wagon. if Wu were to flip town we get blamed. That back to back to back skitter-VP-Yet rapid voted on HEM is prob from scum.
can you expand on this, i am interested but i feel like I'm missing a step between the first half and the last half. if those two are supposed to be connected then i don't follow the logic
In post 1472, MathBlade wrote:Nero naked voted me
VP joined HEM
Skitter joined HEM
Yeet joined HEM
im saying that there is scum here.

scum just lets my big ass push a Wu wagon while they comfortably sit on HEM. I also have a super-secret reason why VP/Skitter contains scum.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1507 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:47 pm

Post by Aristeia »

why can't the explanation simply be that HEM was p scummy and got votes because he was playing somewhat scummy?

you know just because someone has a town role PM doesn't mean it's impossible for them to play in a way that is scummy right?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1508 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:47 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1494, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1492, Cape90 wrote:
In post 1426, MathBlade wrote:And monkey was painted to be scummy but wasn’t
why not
Because he’s a mason he can’t be scum
Naturally scum say town are scummy
But there’s nothing scummy in the ISO
Again that doesn't mean his play wasnt scummy or bad. Lots of townies are scummy, and even got misflipped for it, that's how scum win games ....

Its unreasonable to expect people to *at the time* see that hem was townie just because he has a mason role pm when he wasnt playing in a pro town fashion

At least 5 people were on that wagon. Unless you want to say there's 5 scum and they were all piling on him, some townies had to have been scumreading him. It isnt an unreasonable position from the pov of literally anyone else to take
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1509 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:47 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1507, Aristeia wrote:you know just because someone has a town role PM doesn't mean it's impossible for them to play in a way that is scummy right?
Yes, this...
Show
Hiatus once more.

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1510 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:48 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1500, Aristeia wrote:
In post 1489, MathBlade wrote:
That’s what she says she’s going to do.

But instead she’s taking a kind of passive aggressive stance.

It’s different.

Did you read it?
yes, I don't understand what you find scummy about it?
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=88600&user_select%5B%5D=29653

This is town her ISO.
She gets “pings” and uses that terminology a lot

viewtopic.php?p=13233396#p13233396

This post specifically she’s aggressive when I call her out

Now she’s all “whatever, NKs can sort it out” but trying to back door shade/scum
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1511 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:48 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1507, Aristeia wrote:why can't the explanation simply be that HEM was p scummy and got votes because he was playing somewhat scummy?

you know just because someone has a town role PM doesn't mean it's impossible for them to play in a way that is scummy right?
He didn’t though.
I disagree with that assertion seeing the mason Pt and some of his posts
HEM just wasnt
GTKAS -- MathBlade
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1512 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:49 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1503, MathBlade wrote:Baseless crap like this doesn’t help me get where you are if that’s what you want.
Ok and bickering with me abt this isnt going to make me do what you want either
Show
Hiatus once more.

Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1513 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:49 pm

Post by Aristeia »

a claimed inno from an investigative role is not the same thing as a mason claim tho
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1514 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:50 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1505, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1497, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1495, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1478, MathBlade wrote:This argument reinforces Wu scum even more. This isn’t the shining bullet you think it is.
how so? serious question, I'm curious for your reasoning. i don't think it's a shining bullet (? lol), i have no horse in this race, im just trying to show you why your interpretation of events is not necessarily the reality, and that therefore the assumptions your making based off of your interpretation are kinda useless to the rest of us
Datisi top wagon becomes
Wu top wagon
Back to Datisi followed with a rapid departure from Wu
Nordom (me) is being counter wagoned

Wu was abandoned hard

There needs to be a catalyst why.
i mean one possible catalyst is that nordom looked scummy? maybe I'm just too biased here bc I know that I'm town and I scumread both nordom and monkey, so i don't see why it has to be scum that led those wagons. but anyway, ignoring that, you think it's impossible that all 4 are town? why? why can't it just be natural evolution of town thought? why does everything day 1 have to be orchestrated and planned by scum? you've played enough games to know that there often isn't some grand plan for scum, especially on day 1 when everything is chaos and the lim is almost never gonna be maf, they just will want to blend in
Nordom was being mean not scummy though.
Scum were poisoning the thread HEM and Monkey were scummy.
The only reason to alter the gamestate is if they don’t like where it is.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1515 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:51 pm

Post by skitter30 »

Right cuz bickering with you worked so well for me last time
Show
Hiatus once more.

fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1516 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:51 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1511, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1507, Aristeia wrote:why can't the explanation simply be that HEM was p scummy and got votes because he was playing somewhat scummy?

He didn’t though.
HEM just wasnt
what makes you (someone coming in with prior info about his alignment, therefore making you completely unable to honestly gauge how suspicious he looks) the arbiter of what is scummy and what is not? you can't just declare that someone wasn't scummy when there was, by definition, town voting for them
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1517 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:51 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1512, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1503, MathBlade wrote:Baseless crap like this doesn’t help me get where you are if that’s what you want.
Ok and bickering with me abt this isnt going to make me do what you want either
It’s why I said I am ignoring you.

That post was made to reach you and others

I have been told I have skewed beliefs without checking the splinter in your eyes

The game wagoned two masons.

That’s scum motivated or encouraged
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #1518 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:52 pm

Post by Datisi »

UNVOTE:

unsurprisingly, i have a lot of problems with math's view on the game, but i do not have the time right now to argue with him
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
GeneralWu
GeneralWu
Goon
GeneralWu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1519 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:52 pm

Post by GeneralWu »

In post 1497, MathBlade wrote:There needs to be a catalyst why.
A catalyst lowers the activation energy of a reaction so that the reaction can proceed faster. For example, enzymes are biological catalysts. Carbonic anhydrase is an enzyme that catalyzes the reaction H2O + CO2 -> H2CO3. It works by using zinc to stabilize the transition state of the reaction. What sort of catalyst do you think is in this game?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1520 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:52 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1516, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1511, MathBlade wrote:

He didn’t though.
HEM just wasnt
what makes you (someone coming in with prior info about his alignment, therefore making you completely unable to honestly gauge how suspicious he looks) the arbiter of what is scummy and what is not? you can't just declare that someone wasn't scummy when there was, by definition, town voting for them
Because there was a wagon of 6 on monkey and a wagon of 4 on me.
These all can’t be town
Therefore scum
Therefore point proven
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1521 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:53 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 1517, MathBlade wrote:The game wagoned two masons.
considering both of you were unclaimed, this isn't really any different than the game wagoning any to random townies but ok
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1522 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:53 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

i can't believe that you seriously can't comprehend the possibility that you knowing two alignments is affecting your ability to accurately assess whether those slots look scummy to an outside perspective or not. is everyone who votes town either scum or blind to you? you know that happens, like, all the time. right?
GeneralWu
GeneralWu
Goon
GeneralWu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1523 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:53 pm

Post by GeneralWu »

In post 1513, Aristeia wrote:a claimed inno from an investigative role is not the same thing as a mason claim tho
Yeah, but then why would we use an investigative role on one of the claimed masons?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1524 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:53 pm

Post by Datisi »

any two random townies*
~M

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”