Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1575 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:54 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1573, humaneatingmonkey wrote:unfortunately, i'm really just actually busy with my life and i still took this game anyway. i'm kinda lost atm, and i don't know what happened to merit MathBlade claiming on behalf of us. Was I at L-1?
Anyway, consider me Math' extravote.
I didn’t want to wait that long and wasn’t sure if you had just flaked due to my predecessor’s mean things said.
So I took a calculated risk as I said in the PT
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1576 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:56 pm

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

i think it's alright. i trust you.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1577 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:01 pm

Post by MathBlade »

It’s almost midnight Monkey
I left thoughts in the PT but gotta crash

You’ve read more than me so if you disagree
Vote whoever and I will sheep you.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1578 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:04 pm

good night. i'll go read the thread.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #1579 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:16 pm

Post by Datisi »

i find it entertaining how in a previous 9:12 game, i said how math's vca was wrong because it was perfectly possible for scum to lazyvote their partner and not push it

and i got shut down because that's really good scumplay and people usually don't do really good scumplay

but now he's outright denying that the most common scum strategy is looking town and that scum almost never does both looking town and planning in advance and making all those complex ploys and never votes a wagon for the heck of it, especially so early in the game

but anyway yell at me if i talk about this again
In post 1565, Aristeia wrote:btw who do you want to vote for now?
wu/std/yeet actually, but (1) i haven't actually read the 12 or so pages that happened while i was sleeping (2) i want to relook at the wagons again for myself now that we have two mason claims

so that pool is not guaranteed
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1580 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:22 pm

In post 1199, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 1105, skitter30 wrote:Hey this is a spicy take, can you elaborate a bit on why you find ari worse than hem?
at first i was like HEM's "lol" post looked like deflection

but then when i saw the arguments recently, i thought ari was being a little unreasonable. i felt HEM asking for elaboration on the entire list was fine while Ari said things like "pick one" which seems like a way of saying "ha you didn't do what i asked you to do, you're being unreasonable" it was kind of the way it was said too

i think the arguments like "you ghosted the thread" and "you didn't pick up on my "trapcard" read of STD" aren't super meaty either.
based.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1581 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:25 pm

my wagon was mounted at the same time datisi's wagon was mounted, and it was escalated because town "needed" to consolidate. in the end, only a handful really thought i was scummy, but i wasn't really that scummy anyway — just heavily misrepresented. and i can't keep up with the tempo. i think there was merit to Math's suggestion, but i dont expect you to agree with that because it would mean you'd be scum, Datisi.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1582 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:33 pm

In post 910, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 909, Datisi wrote:@baltar, is there a reason why you did not include me in the early readslist? i see you have a null category, and pretty sure i had posted at the time
I started with the full list of names at the start of my catch up and was slotting them into those piles as I was going along and getting feelings one way or the other. So while I had a null category, by the time I finished read I was kind of tired and didn't feel like writing out WHY I felt null on a bunch of people still (including you), I just knew I wasn't ready to make an alignment call on those people yet.
this exchange just feels so wrong
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #1583 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:34 pm

Post by Mizzytastic »

Lets start scoring the game I shared a picture of previously. First we remove captures. The stones I have marked are ones that would be captured. How we deal with them will differ based on if we use area or territory counting...

Official Votecount 1.11GeneralWu (4): fua, Save The Dragons, VP Baltar, MathBlade
[E-6]

Datisi (1): humaneatingmonkey
fua (1): skitter30
Eyes without a face (1): Cape90
VP Baltar (1): Nero Cain
tenebrousluminary (1): fireisredsir
humaneatingmonkey (1): Yeet
Yeet (1): Frogsterking

Not Voting (8): Scorpious, DeasVail, MalcolmTucker, Datisi, Eyes without a face, Aristeia, tenebrousluminary, GeneralWu

With 19 players alive, it takes 10 votes to achieve an eliminaton.

Day 1 will end in (expired on 2022-03-12 05:15:00).

click here for joined mod iso.

I am going to be low access for until the 13th. I am still going to be checking multiple times a day but mod actions and vote counts will be when I am free and not waiting to hit the top of a page or whatever. the worst will be handling more of the the votes overnight, unless I decide to try phone posting.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1584 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:39 pm

oh we have 7 days til elimination and i dont have to make a decision now?

cool.

peace out.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1585 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:47 pm

Post by skitter30 »

Ok i probably believe the claim now
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1586 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:48 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=13282448#p13282448]post 1545[/url], PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:it might be useful to see who actually follows this logic of his though!

how are you dats?
<3
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1587 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:50 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1570, Nero Cain wrote:
@ everyone
is cape town
Probably
Why do u think i'm sus of u ?
Show
Hiatus once more.

Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #1588 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:57 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 1583, humaneatingmonkey wrote:but i dont expect you to agree with that because it would mean you'd be scum, Datisi.
i actually do currently think wu might be scum here

i disagree because i've been in a few games with math and i he keeps spewing wild vca and other theories based on how he imagines scum operates which doesn't have to be, and often isn't correct
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1589 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:01 pm

Post by fua »

@ everyone
is cape town
Not sure. Townlean for me at best, but he’s kind of been in the background most of the day.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1590 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:53 am

Post by DeasVail »

ugh I'm reading through and Nordom was so scummy. Like I know MathBlade is almost certainly town but woah how are they the same slot
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1591 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:10 am

Post by DeasVail »

Hmm, another question to fua on . I must admit that my yeet read has dampened somewhat with them not having kept up their enthusiasm and activity, but I feel like your reasons for townreading Frogsterking could just as easily apply to Yeet. I know that explaining readslists is often a crapshoot, but I must say the readslist in 1063 strikes me as being a lot of words but doesn't actually give me a strong idea of
why
your reads are what they are.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1592 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:17 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 1111, VP Baltar wrote:Sigh....I kind of like fua for this exchange with fire.
This is where I'm at too. I'm not as sure about the read there now.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1593 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:21 am

Post by fua »

In post 1593, DeasVail wrote:Hmm, another question to fua on . I must admit that my yeet read has dampened somewhat with them not having kept up their enthusiasm and activity, but I feel like your reasons for townreading Frogsterking could just as easily apply to Yeet. I know that explaining readslists is often a crapshoot, but I must say the readslist in 1063 strikes me as being a lot of words but doesn't actually give me a strong idea of
why
I just wanted to give at least some reasoning behind where I ranked them. I’m not typing out a whole paragraph for everyone.

The difference between Frogster and Yeet is that I don’t think Frogster has any associates or an agenda he’s really pushing, unlike Malcolm’s note about Yeet (who has been pretty well-defended so far). That and his opening was so outlandish it makes me want to townbin him without thinking about it further.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1594 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:26 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 1212, Yeet wrote:Of all the players here I would say I find myself nodding and agreeing the most with DeasVail's posts. Call it a mindmeld if you will, I remember he said something similar about me a while back. The similar lines of thinking would make me believe it is likely that he is also town as we seem to be looking out for similar things. If he was attempting to pocket me here, I don't think I would feel the same way about him, and moreover I'm not sure what his incentive is to overtly pocket a random player like me. Unless my earlier pushes were somehow dead on and he wanted to establish some sort of influence on me, but that feels like a stretch.
I can assure you that I am town! I think the hard thing about playing games as town (and something I'm particularly finding in this game) is that while the most fun is in working with other people to solve the game in a collegial way, that collegiality itself is often treated as suspicious.
I obviously hope that I have not been wrong in calling you town (and if I have been, then bravo), but I seriously have found your presence in the game super fun and hope to see more of you around.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1595 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:27 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 1595, fua wrote:
In post 1593, DeasVail wrote:Hmm, another question to fua on . I must admit that my yeet read has dampened somewhat with them not having kept up their enthusiasm and activity, but I feel like your reasons for townreading Frogsterking could just as easily apply to Yeet. I know that explaining readslists is often a crapshoot, but I must say the readslist in 1063 strikes me as being a lot of words but doesn't actually give me a strong idea of
why
I just wanted to give at least some reasoning behind where I ranked them. I’m not typing out a whole paragraph for everyone.

The difference between Frogster and Yeet is that I don’t think Frogster has any associates or an agenda he’s really pushing, unlike Malcolm’s note about Yeet (who has been pretty well-defended so far). That and his opening was so outlandish it makes me want to townbin him without thinking about it further.
I guess I also found a lot of Yeet's stuff outlandish in a way, hence my slight confusion, but this does give me a better idea of where you're at, so thank you.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1596 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:29 am

Post by fua »

No problem.

Remind me who you’re SRing right now again?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1597 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:35 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1589, skitter30 wrote:
@ everyone
is cape town
Probably
Why do u think i'm sus of u ?
prob b/c you have a scum pm. but I think it was some silly nonsense about the Wu push.

but I think you are scum b/c you are asking pointless filler questions like ^
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1598 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:36 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1584, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 910, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 909, Datisi wrote:@baltar, is there a reason why you did not include me in the early readslist? i see you have a null category, and pretty sure i had posted at the time
I started with the full list of names at the start of my catch up and was slotting them into those piles as I was going along and getting feelings one way or the other. So while I had a null category, by the time I finished read I was kind of tired and didn't feel like writing out WHY I felt null on a bunch of people still (including you), I just knew I wasn't ready to make an alignment call on those people yet.
this exchange just feels so wrong
i mean he's prob scum .
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1599 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:37 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 1422, Nero Cain wrote:I've also decided that Scorp is maybe prob town here.
I've decided the opposite because I'm running out of scum spots. Why is scorp maybe prob town?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”