Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:32 pm

Post by Scorpious »

In post 1224, Galron wrote:
In post 1223, Scorpious wrote:
In post 1213, MagikHorse wrote:What is the purpose of 1210 and 1211?

And to Scorp, I forgot just how picky Mafia players were at casual wording. Regardless, take a look at Hell's D1. They were pushing towards the Frog wagon half-heartedly, but didn't at all try to commit to it one way or another.
Just getting a second take that’s all. Just trying to sort the most verbose player so far. Answers to the above would be much appreciated.
Are you asking me to address ?
Not really.
"Would you like to know more?"

I am like a renaissance artist. People appreciate me more after I am dead

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

People always fear what they don't understand
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:38 pm

Post by MagikHorse »

In post 1217, hellbooks wrote:wait actually....

I think that if you thought this:
In post 1201, MagikHorse wrote:I didn't like Hell's D1, they kinda half supported the Frog push without looking like they were willing to commit to it
It doesn't make sense that you would say this:
In post 1173, MagikHorse wrote:The only reason I'm not scumreading them is that they started the wagon on Frog.
so.... whats up with that?
I distinctly remember ISOing you in both, while the first time I was paying a lot of attention to the actual wagon composition. Feels like I missed the vote the second time, which is totally my bad. I'll own that mistake.
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:40 pm

Post by MagikHorse »

Probably +town that you noticed my goof though. Shows you're actually reading in-depth and trying to figure me out.
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:43 pm

Post by MagikHorse »

In post 1220, Scorpious wrote:
In post 587, MagikHorse wrote:
In post 571, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:Frogster is present elsewhere but not here.
I'll have to double check on this. If so, it's definitely scum indicative.
Was this sarcasm?
It wasn't, but the rules just changed so that mentioning factors like this as a reason for a read wouldn't be allowed anymore so the less said about it the better at this point.
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:49 pm

Post by MagikHorse »

In post 1221, Scorpious wrote:
In post 783, MagikHorse wrote:
In post 779, Frogsterking wrote:This wagon isn't pure, I'm town, and if my reads are wrong and need to be doctored, I will listen after you unvote.
Why should I have to unvote to make you listen to me, or anyone else for that matter? Your push is already an abysmal mess ridden with assumptions, bad faith, contradictions, and claims that you know me when it's obvious that you don't know jack. Now we see this post, which is solely survivalistic, an attempt to alleviate the pressure bearing down on you instead of sorting or solving or working with the rest of the town. I don't think I need to explain how that's +++scum points.

If you're actually town, show it to me and
then
I'll unvote. No sooner, no later. That's the only deal you're going to get from me.

What would have shown you “town” enough to unvote? You already said how bad the wagon was.
Good people can make bad wagons, but what sealed the nail in his coffin was his refusal to listen or rethink things with new information added to blatant survivalism. That proved to me that his push wasn't there to sort me, but rather to elim me.

Had he started to listen or reconsider things I could have eventually let it go, but he didn't and thus proved his true desires.
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:55 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

In post 1206, hellbooks wrote:
In post 1201, MagikHorse wrote:now today they're just sort of coasting with Nero.
you're not wrong. im getting complacent and demotivated due to the game state, which is intersecting with life kind of blowing up this week. im starting to focus more on solving outside of the people ive been talking about though.
Personally, I'm still a little surprised at how easily everyone seems to be townreading Nero here. I really don't think aggressively pushing a case like this is necessarily townie on its own, and I don't really trust the meta case for it. People adapt, and I would be rather surprised if a player that's been on site for so long didn't.
In post 1206, hellbooks wrote:
In post 1161, Andante wrote:
In post 1137, hellbooks wrote:i also want andante to elaborate on what she thinks about other slots than tejate.
uh what? I'm voting momo and explained why momo is maf. Tejate town, Magik maf.

so magik maf momo maf tejate town, and no one else is memorable
okay reading this I think you are overstating how much you elaborated on these reads... i guess if you're disavowing them then it doesnt matter as much and i read that as town sort of getting demotivated with the weird pace of the game. but you sort of created a dichotomy between magik and tej and then deemed tej to be town and so... magik is scum by poe? i find it way more scummy that frog threw out tej as a partner and then basically never elaborated on it or committed to it.
I agree that Andante's arguments are a bit off-kilter, but I'd like you to consider something for a moment. With the gamestate the way it was, is there any motivation for Frogster providing a "scumcase" against me? If they were town, they probably would have even if they were going down, but for scum there's no point if it looks like you're the wagon for the day. In fact, it may have actually been better not to with scum!Frogs and town!Me, specifically BECAUSE it draws an associative. This is actually contributed to why I didn't ultimately move my vote, a townie would most likely still want to finish their casing of my slot. If anything, I feel like scum!Frogs would have committed to their case of scum!Me even harder when it looks like they're going to flip, instead of doing whatever they were doing in those last couple of hours.
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:45 pm

Post by Scorpious »

In post 1228, MagikHorse wrote:
In post 1220, Scorpious wrote:
In post 587, MagikHorse wrote:
In post 571, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:Frogster is present elsewhere but not here.
I'll have to double check on this. If so, it's definitely scum indicative.
Was this sarcasm?
It wasn't, but the rules just changed so that mentioning factors like this as a reason for a read wouldn't be allowed anymore so the less said about it the better at this point.
Fair. We’re on the same page..

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:04 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1200, Scorpious wrote:
In post 1197, Nero Cain wrote:i mean there's only 4 ppl I'd vote today (STD, Fire, Tej, Ad) but no one can agree though looks like STD wagon might happen so...
I'm with the Fire an AD side, I think Tej is a faction of some sort not mafia,and STD, just no, not scum shouldnt happen
this game is singleball brahhh
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:06 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1193, Save The Dragons wrote:it's not me, it's VOTE: hellbooks

something yesterday killed my desire to play mafia, will try to have something soon.
what killed ur desire to play and why hellbooks
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:11 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1171, momo wrote:I don't know if I'd call it a full blown read, but I def townlean Nero. I don't really have any recollection of his scum meta, but he seems just a tad bit too involved to be scum. And not just in an activity was/directing the convo way (that can be scummy).

It's his willingness to bring up (without being prompted) other people's reads of himself that makes hime feel towny in my eyes.
okay not that i disagree with the conclusion of townread on nero. But him being as "involved" really isn't like something to get a read of him for.
In post 1174, MagikHorse wrote:Feeling like the big people to watch out for right now are Andante, Galron, and Keeper. The first two feel like scum in particular, Keeper's just acting strangely combined with generally low input and even less solving.

Fire seems agitated too, though I'm starting to share this uncertainty regarding why he feels like there's 2 scum on the Frog wagon. Why 2 instead of 1 or 0? All 3 I severely doubt, if I believed in that I'd be placing my money on STD/Toog/N_M here, but I would like him to elaborate on why and who are these 2 (at risk of being called out for repeating Nero who I believe asked something similar on top of claiming it as TMI).
because 1 seems unlikely with the people off the wagon. 0 seems even more unlikely next to impossible based on who was off wagon. And so i think 2 or even 3 was most likely. I never said any of these was impossible or unlikely all i said was i think its 2.
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:14 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1166, Nero Cain wrote:I mean I do think that it's theoretically possible that frog-magic decide to hard distance from each other
yeah but likely hood is very low to not be worth talking about
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:20 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1182, MagikHorse wrote:If there's anything else that Fire's scumreading Scorp for, please point it out. I've either missed it or he hasn't said it yet.
besides his general bad posts? his read on me is like copy and paste of nero. Which was terrible reason to begin with.
Nero being bad makes sense
Scorp just looking to piggyback.
Show

MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:36 pm

Post by MagikHorse »

Where was Scorp making bad posts?

And if not involvement, what would you read Nero for?
momo
momo
Mafia Scum
momo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:09 pm

Post by momo »

Is there anyone that feels particularly strongly on either hellbooks or Save The Dragons being town?

I don't have particularly strong opinions on either, but see them as where this vote is likely coming down to.

Interested on hearing the "WHYs" behind those reads.
Transcend
- But reading momo I feel like he is the that player that if he got pressured as town, he would be like fuck and yall and move on with whatever else he was doing
Boonskies
- Like, Momo is the most mislynchable player on all of mafiascum right now. I'm not day 1 lynching him.
TheGoldenParadox
- As it stands, momo is a great player or maybe the most mislynchable player on the site right now
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:15 pm

Post by MagikHorse »

STD isn't giving us much to work with, I still need to rethink Hell at this point in time.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:26 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

I'm giving hellbooks a town read currently, and would oppose their elimination today.

I'd probably be fine with an STD elim if it came to it, but I don't feel strongly about their alignment in any way.
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:55 pm

Post by MagikHorse »

Took a moment to clear my head and focus on rereading Hell. This reread makes me realize their Day 1 was better than I remembered, and not by just a little. A lot of the questions she was asking drove towards figuring out motivations and emotions in her attempts to discover what everyone was about, and even better she was following back up on the answers later and showing how those answers shaped her thoughts. Add on her own tidbits here and there and ultimately starting the wagon on Frogster, and she doesn't look bad at all. Catching my mistake a few posts back shares the same inquisitive feeling to it as some of their better Day 1 information gathering posts, and I'm already expecting a future follow-up to match the patterns honestly. I'd buy the reasons in as an explanation for their shakier Day 2, and I hope everything goes well over there and that we can get this back in gear.

It feels like my head got stuck in a rut of "I didn't like some of the really early stuff" that didn't want to shake itself off later, and it painted a lot of things in a worse light than I'm seeing now. I was wrong before, this is likely town.

pedit: Didn't even notice Toog until I finished this. I can't help but agree with that post after my Hell reread.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:52 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1236, Firebringer wrote:Nero being bad makes sense
but at least I'm doing something and I sorta kinda helped vote out scum day 1 while you lurked his wagon out.

Why are voting STD while pushing that Scorp and NM are the bussers of Frog?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:03 am

Post by Galron »

In post 1238, momo wrote:Is there anyone that feels particularly strongly on either hellbooks or Save The Dragons being town?

I don't have particularly strong opinions on either, but see them as where this vote is likely coming down to.

I'm not particularly hip on either, but I haven't seen a compelling case.
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:25 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 1243, Galron wrote:
In post 1238, momo wrote:Is there anyone that feels particularly strongly on either hellbooks or Save The Dragons being town?

STD was clear he was losing interest.

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:26 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 1236, Firebringer wrote:
In post 1182, MagikHorse wrote:If there's anything else that Fire's scumreading Scorp for, please point it out. I've either missed it or he hasn't said it yet.
besides his general bad posts? his read on me is like copy and paste of nero. Which was terrible reason to begin with.
Nero being bad makes sense
Scorp just looking to piggyback.
Coming from the person claiming scum..

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:47 am

Post by Galron »

In post 1244, Scorpious wrote:

Why would that be AI though? There have been games where I've lost interest because of various things, hyperposting, unpleasant player(s), real life.
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:58 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 1246, Galron wrote:

Why would that be AI though? There have been games where I've lost interest because of various things, hyperposting, unpleasant player(s), real life.
Hyperposting…. Sigh….

This was actually a mistake by me . I was referring to momo I guess I’m saying that is WAS NOT AI.

Sorry,

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:59 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 1246, Galron wrote:

Fwiw I agree with your statement 100

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

The Keeper
The Keeper
They/Them Fae/Faer
Goon
The Keeper
They/Them Fae/Faer
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/Them Fae/Faer

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:43 am

Post by The Keeper »

In post 1216, MagikHorse wrote:@Keeper Your entire day 2 is full of indecisiveness, stating rather obvious gameplay points, and somehow coming out of the Frogster interactions deciding I'm scum from them at the start of the day after worrying about a multiball game?

It feels like busywork so far, though the other two scumreads are worse as I see it.
My entire play is indecisiveness. All I have is Quality 0 in my item room.

Who said I looked at interactions?
Who said I decided you were scum?

I might have to find the Anima Sola... wonder where Jacob is.
One penny... two pennies... three pennies... OO A NICKEL! Now I can get More Options!!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”