Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #2277 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:29 am

Post by Datisi »

VOTE: yeet

the "scum you doesn't act like that" comment is making me wonder if i know yeet (don't have to answer that), but it's also making me wonder if he realized that i'm like, not getting yeeted (haha) so he's looking for something to townread me

the "i vote wagons for that progress" defense can also only go on for so long

pedit: funny you should say that, uhh

wu might as well still be scum tho

the fact that wagons before got to like, 5 or 6 votes *at the same time*, while now wu/yeet wagons are at 6 votes total, is making me wonder whether scum wanted the earlier ones but didn't want these ones

that's vague vca theory for tomorrow maybe though
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2278 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:30 am

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

scorpius aren't you tired of actively lurking
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2279 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:30 am

Post by Datisi »

and now, my best dkkoba impression:

scorpious post actual reads challenge (100% IMPOSSIBLE) (NOT CLICKBAIT) (GONE SEXUAL)
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2280 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:31 am

Post by Yeet »

I'm starting to read go over some of the sections. Can someone explain to me why MathBlade even claimed both of you guys as Mason to begin with? You two weren't even like that high at that point...

Like what was the point? There was plenty of room to start talking yourselves out of the wagon. Instead MathBlade just decided with like half the required votes on you guys not even halfway into D1 to just throw out the mason bomb immediately.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2281 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:31 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 2278, Scorpious wrote:Am I the only one that looks at “92” pages and says “ F that?”
I created a questionnaire for players like you. Can you fill it out please?
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2282 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:32 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 2188, Frogsterking wrote:Hey guys! I just worked on this questionnaire with my friend to help with scumhunting! It was built around the idea that mafia forums are a low scope low testability domain.

Here's the "low-scope low-testability scumhunting questionnaire:"

#1 How does the wave function evolve?
#2 Does wave function imply many worlds?
#3 Have we used all the available technology?
#4 Do we live in a simulation?
Scorpius please answer these
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2283 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:32 am

In post 2282, Yeet wrote:I'm starting to read go over some of the sections. Can someone explain to me why MathBlade even claimed both of you guys as Mason to begin with? You two weren't even like that high at that point...

Like what was the point? There was plenty of room to start talking yourselves out of the wagon. Instead MathBlade just decided with like half the required votes on you guys not even halfway into D1 to just throw out the mason bomb immediately.
MathBlade couldn't trust that I'll start townspewing no less than 48 hours after my initial shock gameplay
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2284 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:33 am

Post by Yeet »

In post 2276, Datisi wrote:skitter is really good as town, yeah. the thing i'm thinking of right now is what i commented earlier, i find it weird that there was an actual wagon happening on her seemingly right after she went for a few-day-vla.
Datisi there are 3 people on skitter's "wagon" and two of these people are close to confirmed town.
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2285 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:33 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 2280, humaneatingmonkey wrote:scorpius aren't you tired of actively lurking
First off. I like the word choice trying to plant seeds of scummy behavior.
Well done.

Second, I have a real life man. This hyper wall posting is making the game extremely difficult to follow.
"Would you like to know more?"

I am like a renaissance artist. People appreciate me more after I am dead

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

People always fear what they don't understand
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2286 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:34 am

Post by Yeet »

In post 2276, Datisi wrote:the ping tell is really entertaining to me because it reminds me of a game where bob and i were scum, and one of the townies was like "btw bob is scum because he said the word 'fellow' 14 times this game and he says that word more often as town than as scum" and i wanted to bang my head against the wall because it was such a caught for the wrong reasons thing when that game was a complete outlier

anyway, i'm not a huge fan of such takes because good scum (like skitter is) are generally perfectly able to replicate word tics like that so it's more likely to be a coincidence than an actual tell, as i once got townread by someone because i said "hot take" a few times and they looked at my games and concluded i only say that as town
I think your take is very reasonable and I also don't assign a crazy amount of weight to this. But I don't think it's zero.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2287 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:35 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 2287, Scorpious wrote:
In post 2280, humaneatingmonkey wrote:scorpius aren't you tired of actively lurking
First off. I like the word choice trying to plant seeds of scummy behavior.
Well done.

Second, I have a real life man. This hyper wall posting is making the game extremely difficult to follow.
scorpius i'll never shade you if you answer these questions to the best of your capability.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2288 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:35 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2285, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 2282, Yeet wrote:I'm starting to read go over some of the sections. Can someone explain to me why MathBlade even claimed both of you guys as Mason to begin with? You two weren't even like that high at that point...

MathBlade couldn't trust that I'll start townspewing no less than 48 hours after my initial shock gameplay
Pretty much this.
Scum were in control of the game and the only way I saw to change that was claim.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2289 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:36 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 2286, Yeet wrote:
In post 2276, Datisi wrote:skitter is really good as town, yeah. the thing i'm thinking of right now is what i commented earlier, i find it weird that there was an actual wagon happening on her seemingly right after she went for a few-day-vla.
Datisi there are 3 people on skitter's "wagon" and two of these people are close to confirmed town.
i am in fact aware of that (though there were more people on there previously)

it does not refute my point that it's odd how her wagon took off only once she went v/la and how it's much easier for scum to vote her once she's away. and how your progression on skitter is less than stellar.
~M
tenebrousluminary
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: any

Post Post #2290 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:37 am

Post by tenebrousluminary »

What is the point of interrogating this? It was probably suboptimal but we cannot exactly undo it now.

These pages have damaged my yeet read successfully but not enough to vote them. I am unsure what case there is against skitter apart from comparisons to other games which I do not really care about.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2291 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:38 am

Post by skitter30 »

I literally cant read 30 pages tonight, i'll try to catchup tomorrow
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2292 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:39 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 2284, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 2188, Frogsterking wrote:Hey guys! I just worked on this questionnaire with my friend to help with scumhunting! It was built around the idea that mafia forums are a low scope low testability domain.

Here's the "low-scope low-testability scumhunting questionnaire:"

#1 How does the wave function evolve?
#2 Does wave function imply many worlds?
#3 Have we used all the available technology?
#4 Do we live in a simulation?
Scorpius please answer these
#1 For a given system, the choice of which commuting degrees of freedom to use is not unique, and correspondingly the domain of the wave function is also not unique. For instance, it may be taken to be a function of all the position coordinates of the particles over position space, or the momenta of all the particles over momentum space; the two are related by a Fourier transform. Some particles, like electrons and photons, have nonzero spin, and the wave function for such particles include spin as an intrinsic, discrete degree of freedom; other discrete variables can also be included, such as isospin. When a system has internal degrees of freedom, the wave function at each point in the continuous degrees of freedom (e.g., a point in space) assigns a complex number for each possible value of the discrete degrees of freedom (e.g., z-component of spin) – these values are often displayed in a column matrix (e.g., a 2 × 1 column vector for a non-relativistic electron with spin 1⁄2).

#2 As has been demonstrated, the set of all possible wave functions in some representation for a system constitute an in general infinite-dimensional Hilbert space. Due to the multiple possible choices of representation basis, these Hilbert spaces are not unique. One therefore talks about an abstract Hilbert space, state space, where the choice of representation and basis is left undetermined. Specifically, each state is represented as an abstract vector in state space.[41] A quantum state |Ψ⟩ in any representation is generally expressed as a vector

|
Ψ

=

α

d
m
ω
Ψ
(
α
ω
t
)
|
α
ω

{\displaystyle |\Psi \rangle =\sum _{\boldsymbol {\alpha }}\int d^{m}\!{\boldsymbol {\omega }}\,\,\Psi ({\boldsymbol {\alpha }},{\boldsymbol {\omega }},t)\,|{\boldsymbol {\alpha }},{\boldsymbol {\omega }}\rangle }
where

|α, ω⟩ the basis vectors of the chosen representation
dmω = dω1dω2...dωm a "differential volume element" in the continuous degrees of freedom
Ψ(α, ω, t) a component of the vector |Ψ⟩, called the wave function of the system
α = (α1, α2, ..., αn) dimensionless discrete quantum numbers
ω = (ω1, ω2, ..., ωm) continuous variables (not necessarily dimensionless)
These quantum numbers index the components of the state vector. More, all α are in an n-dimensional set A = A1 × A2 × ... An where each Ai is the set of allowed values for αi; all ω are in an m-dimensional "volume" Ω ⊆ ℝm where Ω = Ω1 × Ω2 × ... Ωm and each Ωi ⊆ ℝ is the set of allowed values for ωi, a subset of the real numbers ℝ. For generality n and m are not necessarily equal.

Short answer yes

3.No, we’re being fed technology at a pace that appeases the overlords.

4. Only an overlord has permission to ask that question.
"Would you like to know more?"

I am like a renaissance artist. People appreciate me more after I am dead

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

People always fear what they don't understand
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2293 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:40 am

Post by Yeet »

In post 2276, Datisi wrote:it's not that i inherently have a problem with people voting someone they town lean for the greater good of the gamestate or whatever it is. but like, when townies do do that, i expect that they're actively paying attention to how the wagon does, who gets on or off, and are drawing conclusions from it, since it's not something they really like, want to be on. as opposed to scum who decided they're gonna do the "hehe i voted a townlean for the gamestate!" defense.
That may be your expectation of what good townplay is and I would agree to an extent. But a) never said I was good b) rereading is not my strong suit nor is it super enjoyable and this game is long/goes by quickly c) I wanted to respond to present accusations first as I find that keeps me engaged more and up to date. If I was constantly in catchup mode this game would be unplayable and I'd probably be a straight up lurker at this point.

And again I talked about in a post where I look at the scum vs. town motivations for my actions. I really don't think it makes sense to do this as scum and I don't think the excuse is as "convenient" as you think it looks.
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2294 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:41 am

Post by Yeet »

In post 2291, Datisi wrote:
In post 2286, Yeet wrote:
i am in fact aware of that (though there were more people on there previously)

it does not refute my point that it's odd how her wagon took off only once she went v/la and how it's much easier for scum to vote her once she's away. and how your progression on skitter is less than stellar.
That's a fair point. What issues do you have with my skitter progression now?
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2295 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:42 am

hey fue, maybe you should shoot scorpious
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2296 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:43 am

Post by Yeet »

In post 2292, tenebrousluminary wrote:These pages have damaged my yeet read successfully but not enough to vote them
Okay, why?
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2297 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:44 am

Post by Yeet »

I feel that I am being very transparent and open with my thought process and I have answered anxieties about me adequately.
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2298 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:45 am

Post by Yeet »

In post 2292, tenebrousluminary wrote:What is the point of interrogating this? It was probably suboptimal but we cannot exactly undo it now.
Trying to understand what happened.

Also HEM keeps blaming my "push the gamestate forward quickly" argument on us running up 3 TPRs.

This was the decision Math and HEM made. I don't think it was necessary.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2299 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:46 am

In post 2292, tenebrousluminary wrote:What is the point of interrogating this?
this is a good question to answer, yeet

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”