Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3425 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:41 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 3423, Datisi wrote:@nero, do you actually have any reason for scumreading me other than me not accepting your "hood therefore must scum" idea as gospel?
yes but I do think that you being the ONLY (or at least the only loud one) person in the game to not think there is is sorta :igmeou:
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3426 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:43 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 3426, Cape90 wrote:
In post 3421, Datisi wrote:
In post 3415, Cape90 wrote:Anyway, what is the mindshift?
the mindshift where you voted me very easily in that blitz game, and hell voted generalwu very easily on d1, but seemed very timid in actually playing a vote down on baltar
It should be very obvious after the blitz game why I would be hesitant voting someone after a big wallpost I made
Can you explain for me? I wasn't in that game.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #3427 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:45 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 3425, Cape90 wrote:You are obviously posturing and I don't think you believe the words you are saying, you are forcing out something onto me. You literally have jumped on like 2 wagons with me today around the same time too! i struggle how you are believing in real thoughts. Also it really looks like you have your sight set on just multiple people all at once with somehow even less direction then me, and yet you shade me for being directionless?
(1) i sometimes vote along my scumreads if i think i might be wrong on someone in the mix so "you voted against me is nonsense" (2) even if that were valid, i read your late d1/early d2 play like 2 hours ago, which was long AFTER i voted alongside you so what's your point

i'm not shading you for being "directionless", i'm shading you for the scummy hammer, and for the weird acting around baltar early on today
In post 3426, Cape90 wrote:
In post 3421, Datisi wrote:
In post 3415, Cape90 wrote:Anyway, what is the mindshift?
the mindshift where you voted me very easily in that blitz game, and hell voted generalwu very easily on d1, but seemed very timid in actually playing a vote down on baltar
It should be very obvious after the blitz game why I would be hesitant voting someone after a big wallpost I made
considering you, right after you voted me there, went back, reevaluated (something i don't see here at all!!), came to the right conclusion, unvoted, AND got townread from it, i don't really see a reason why that experience should've been discouraging you from voting sorry
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #3428 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:47 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 3428, VP Baltar wrote:Can you explain for me? I wasn't in that game.
less than 24 hours on the clock for d1, cape makes a huge wallcase on me and votes me. five minutes later (with nobody's input), he unvotes me because he went back and realized something i said actually made sense from a town pov and he might be wrong. cape got immediately townread for the case>reeval (the case itself was rly bad though), and we ended up yeeting both scum d1 and d2.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3429 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:47 am

Post by Cape90 »

Datisi also seems to love throwing around this very ironic word "opportunistic" when they only said that word once in the blitz game. Datisi's play has been riddled with oddities around this section of the game and.

The best word I can use is "hostile"

I think you could use that word for me but I am kinda just more frustrated. But Datisi feels
hostile
, (the haha is like ???), , .

I will be off for a bit
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3430 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:48 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 3414, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 3272, Frogsterking wrote:Scum were planning to case me because of my decreased presence in the thread making me seem like a good mislim target. Scum tunnel me though as the last town power role and they convince themselves my behavior change is because of my role:
viewtopic.php?f=94&t=84243&start=25

Scum are so convinced my decreased presence is due to my role they make a play that puts them in autolose if they're unable to kill the final TPR. Town then wins the game because I'm killed and our last power role is able to survive the night.
Oh I see you're trying to point me to specific moments in this single game.

Eh, I don't think your play in that game is that analogous to this one. This game you linked is also 2 years old. Do you have any more current examples of games where you were town and lost for reads/asking a lot of softball questions without pushing in any directions?
First of all, I'm not lost for reads I've nearly PoE'd half the table. Second, I gave you the best example I can, I think I've completed less than ten forum mafia games.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #3431 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:50 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 3431, Cape90 wrote:Datisi also seems to love throwing around this very ironic word "opportunistic" when they only said that word once in the blitz game. Datisi's play has been riddled with oddities around this section of the game and.
(1) my iso in that game is 69 (nice) posts long, here it's 270 posts
(2) i have said the word "opportunistic" just once this game too...
~M
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3432 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:50 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 3430, Datisi wrote:
In post 3428, VP Baltar wrote:Can you explain for me? I wasn't in that game.
less than 24 hours on the clock for d1, cape makes a huge wallcase on me and votes me. five minutes later (with nobody's input), he unvotes me because he went back and realized something i said actually made sense from a town pov and he might be wrong. cape got immediately townread for the case>reeval (the case itself was rly bad though), and we ended up yeeting both scum d1 and d2.
Thank you for strengthening my townread on Cape.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3433 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:51 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 3419, Datisi wrote:how do "the votes" say i'm mafia
prob b/c he keep throwing your vote around with VP so you can argue "scum wouldn't do that.
In post 1111, VP Baltar wrote:VOTE: HEM
In post 1113, Datisi wrote:VOTE: monkey
In post 2388, VP Baltar wrote:VOTE: GeneralWu
In post 2390, Datisi wrote:VOTE: generalwu
In post 3183, VP Baltar wrote:VOTE: frogster
In post 3184, Datisi wrote:VOTE: frogster
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #3434 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:51 am

Post by Datisi »

how does that strengthen it for THIS GAME?

pedit: @frogs
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #3435 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:52 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 3435, Nero Cain wrote:prob b/c he keep throwing your vote around with VP so you can argue "scum wouldn't do that.
i'm not arguing "scum wouldn't do that"
i'm arguing "i do that as town, it's nai"

i'm gonna go to bed i'm actually getting annoyed with the game now
~M
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3436 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:53 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 3420, fireisredsir wrote:i mean Nero said he was NM this game and would lolhammer anything, why not just let him do it
I deff said I do it yesterday, don't think I said I'd do it the whole game or not.

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3437 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:56 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 3432, Frogsterking wrote:First of all, I'm not lost for reads I've nearly PoE'd half the table.
:?
In post 3375, Mizzytastic wrote:Not Voting (2): Frogsterking
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3438 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:57 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 3432, Frogsterking wrote:First of all, I'm not lost for reads I've nearly PoE'd half the table.
Can you like remind me who your scum reads are? I read your game first, which I guess is a condition for answering this question.
YOUR AD HERE

Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3439 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:57 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 3436, Datisi wrote:how does that strengthen it for THIS GAME?

Because that story sounds similar to their play here
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3440 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:58 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 3438, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 3420, fireisredsir wrote:i mean Nero said he was NM this game and would lolhammer anything, why not just let him do it
I deff said I do it yesterday, don't think I said I'd do it the whole game or not.
yea i meant yesterday, as in why is it such a scummy thing for cape to have hammered when the scum team was probs just sitting back and letting town do it cause they knew that they would? and you had already said you would hammer anything
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #3441 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:58 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 3441, Frogsterking wrote:

explain this to me like i'm 5.
please.
~M
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3442 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:04 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 3442, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 3438, Nero Cain wrote:
yea i meant yesterday, as in why is it such a scummy thing for cape to have hammered when the scum team was probs just sitting back and letting town do it cause they knew that they would? and you had already said you would hammer anything
I think Dats was trying to say that I'm "scummy" for still being willing to vote Wu after Hem/he/VP quick voted but I think I had already said I'd hammer Wu before the rapd votes and it was already a bloated 9p+ pages. p sure he's just scum gearing up for a push on me though.

Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #3443 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:06 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 3444, Nero Cain wrote:I think Dats was trying to say that I'm "scummy" for still being willing to vote Wu after Hem/he/VP quick voted but I think I had already said I'd hammer Wu before the rapd votes and it was already a bloated 9p+ pages.
what part of "nero didn't react to a hem/dat/vp triple vote on d1 but did react to a yeet/dat/vp triple vote on d2, that's potentially suspicious" is so fucking difficult to understand?
~M
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3444 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:07 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 3444, Nero Cain wrote:I think Dats was trying to say that I'm "scummy" for still being willing to vote Wu after Hem/he/VP quick voted but I think I had already said I'd hammer Wu before the rapd votes and it was already a bloated 9p+ pages. p sure he's just scum gearing up for a push on me though.
not talking about his suspicion on you, i'm talking about the suspicion of cape for the hammer. people keep pushing it as this big scummy thing and it feels very meh to me
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3445 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:08 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 3443, Datisi wrote:
In post 3441, Frogsterking wrote:

explain this to me like i'm 5.
please.
Their town meta is impulsive and thoughtful and they write a lot sometimes. If they're scum it's good acting, I think it's difficult to fake. I'll be less willing to townread them if they have a performing arts background.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3446 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:09 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

yeah it's a very lvl 1 thought process

Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3447 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:28 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 3403, Datisi wrote:can you answer *my* question though?
In post 3406, Datisi wrote:
In post 3129, Frogsterking wrote:That's too bad because I really like the composition of the wagon on luminary.
In post 3130, Datisi wrote:who do you *do* want to vote?
In post 3439, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 3440, VP Baltar wrote:
Can you like remind me who your scum reads are? I read your game first, which I guess is a condition for answering this question.
I was being cagey to give you a chance to do something townie before I tipped you off.

VOTE: VP Baltar

I don't know if this is a bad town push or a scum who pr reads me or just wants to pad the bodycount.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3448 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:36 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 3449, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 3403, Datisi wrote:can you answer *my* question though?
In post 3406, Datisi wrote:
In post 3129, Frogsterking wrote:That's too bad because I really like the composition of the wagon on luminary.
In post 3130, Datisi wrote:who do you *do* want to vote?
In post 3439, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 3440, VP Baltar wrote:
I was being cagey to give you a chance to do something townie before I tipped you off.

VOTE: VP Baltar

I don't know if this is a bad town push or a scum who pr reads me or just wants to pad the bodycount.
And full disclosure Yeet, Datisi, Eyes, Skitter, Dragons, and April are the other slots I still need to sort. I'm optimistic the Enchant slot will be killed or mech-cleared before I have to figure out their alignment.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3449 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:44 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 3449, Frogsterking wrote:before I tipped you off.
Lol OK yeah, I'm sure.

When did you start scum reading me?
YOUR AD HERE

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”