Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3525 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:54 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 3526, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 3523, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 3522, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 3521, Frogsterking wrote:I don't like townhunting as a goto I just feel like there are a lot of posts and conflicts in this game and I keep getting townreads.
What do you mean by "conflicts in this game"?
Arguments and fights
Hrm. Trying to understand your thinking here. What makes the fighting in this game different from any other game?
Absolutely nothing other than the volume of it (there are more permutations of 1v1s) and the scale (more proponents arguing for or against major wagons.) I guess I'm paying attention to the 1v1s rather than the major wagons. I'm getting townreads because I'm identifying smaller TvT situations.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3526 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:02 pm

Post by Cape90 »

UNVOTE: Datisi

I will hold for now actually.

Some thoughts I had that kinda just came to me.

1. Does VP Baltar actually have the thought that communicating in our neighborhood at night is anti town until we "descumify" our hood? Like a night ago I agreed with this until I actually sat down and thought about that and then came to the realization that there literally is no downside really to talking in there at night or whatever.

2. I find it really strange that Nero Cain hasn't really been pushed by either of VP Baltar or Datisi as it seems kinda obvious by the way that Nero has basically been lowkey shielding me and suspecting VP, like since day 1, like this whole time. I want to revisit this like tomorrow or something.

3. As much as i don't like VP like, kinda just shrugging off my big case on them and saying some pretty evidently false things about the wall, like if you took a look at it for one second, it's obvious it wasn't like, prewritted/preplanned from the night before, but it's pretty clear that VP doesn't have too much intention really debunking me... but Datisi does, and still scumreads me off of it.

4. As much as I want to think that my suspicions on VP/Datisi/Scorpius are good. Well, the thing is, I am usually accurate on my scumreads, but the problem is is that I usually have more focus. Focus that I just kinda am thinking I am lacking right now this game. Especially with me not thinking of ruling out anybody from my neighborhood from POE.

5. I think I don't want to push the following players: Yeet, MalcolmTucker, fireisredsir. And then there comes some other people like Save The Dragons (I think recent content is good + they seem consistent in logic when I questioned them on April), tenebrousluminary, DeasVail who I think are all relatively towny and
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3527 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:05 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 3528, Cape90 wrote:UNVOTE: Datisi

I will hold for now actually.

Some thoughts I had that kinda just came to me.

1. Does VP Baltar actually have the thought that communicating in our neighborhood at night is anti town until we "descumify" our hood? Like a night ago I agreed with this until I actually sat down and thought about that and then came to the realization that there literally is no downside really to talking in there at night or whatever.

2. I find it really strange that Nero Cain hasn't really been pushed by either of VP Baltar or Datisi as it seems kinda obvious by the way that Nero has basically been lowkey shielding me and suspecting VP, like since day 1, like this whole time. I want to revisit this like tomorrow or something.

3. As much as i don't like VP like, kinda just shrugging off my big case on them and saying some pretty evidently false things about the wall, like if you took a look at it for one second, it's obvious it wasn't like, prewritted/preplanned from the night before, but it's pretty clear that VP doesn't have too much intention really debunking me... but Datisi does, and still scumreads me off of it.

4. As much as I want to think that my suspicions on VP/Datisi/Scorpius are good. Well, the thing is, I am usually accurate on my scumreads, but the problem is is that I usually have more focus. Focus that I just kinda am thinking I am lacking right now this game. Especially with me not thinking of ruling out anybody from my neighborhood from POE.

5. I think I don't want to push the following players: Yeet, MalcolmTucker, fireisredsir. And then there comes some other people like Save The Dragons (I think recent content is good + they seem consistent in logic when I questioned them on April), tenebrousluminary, DeasVail who I think are all relatively towny and
and... I dont wanna push today.

6. I think Datisi voting with me is still weird because they had reason to have doubt on my slot before they read into me, so why follow me on 2 votes?

There must be some hotkey I accidently press when I type and not try to send messages man.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3528 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:05 pm

Post by Cape90 »

oh yeah and April is also I think likely town.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3529 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:06 pm

Post by Cape90 »

I don't get the MalcolmTucker suspicion, I think they have well thought out posts
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3530 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:13 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 3509, April Ludgate wrote:
In post 3505, MathBlade wrote:Your greens are troublesome
I think that's a good thing, though, you don't expect Boonskiies to have the logical ones as green and go with the status quo, do you?
Why do you care about your greens being status quo vs not status quo so much? This feels too... tutorially? Um I cant think of words right now lol
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3531 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:15 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Cape do you think scum are more likely to be at the top, middle or bottom of the PoE?
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
tenebrousluminary
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: any

Post Post #3532 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:16 pm

Post by tenebrousluminary »

I am experiencing a lack of confidence again.

I hate that I have been so OMGUS-driven this game yet I see Deas unvoting and can't help but want to reconsider.

I feel better about a handful of townreads than any scumreads. Scorp, Nero, fire, Cape are all town to me. That provides some grounding. April's posts have felt good as well.

I still suspect VP and Yeet. I do not have a good reason for this. But feeling less gung ho about everything in general.

As I peruse the player list, Eyes jumps out as someone I should investigate more.

I am aware that this post involves me both bringing up a boring lurker suspicion and returning to lower confidence at a time when that might look convenient. I hereby decree that this self-aware line makes it okay.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3533 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:17 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 3478, VP Baltar wrote:1) his hammer yesterday was not good, and then he kept explaining after the hammer, which looked like more effort than was actually needed. (His defense here is that he did not allegedly know he was hammering)
Weren't you just making the case that I "had" to try hard today or something just earlier today?
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3534 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:18 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 3533, Frogsterking wrote:Cape do you think scum are more likely to be at the top, middle or bottom of the PoE?
Probably middle. Although it mega depends on which POE you are talking about
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3535 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:21 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 3535, Cape90 wrote:
In post 3478, VP Baltar wrote:1) his hammer yesterday was not good, and then he kept explaining after the hammer, which looked like more effort than was actually needed. (His defense here is that he did not allegedly know he was hammering)
Weren't you just making the case that I "had" to try hard today or something just earlier today?
I'm not following whatever point you're trying to make here.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3536 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:23 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 3471, April Ludgate wrote:I liked the way they were posting around that one time they referenced me. Seems awkward if they were scum to do it the way they did, so it just seemed genuine townie to me.
It was mostly to see if there was a drive behind Save's unvote on you
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3537 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:24 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

It's possible your play so far serves a larger purpose, luminary. You've been involved in so many OMGUS it caused me to believe not only that you're town but some of the players you fought against as well.

PEdit:

PoE by table-wide level of suspicion.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3538 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:27 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 3537, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 3535, Cape90 wrote:
I'm not following whatever point you're trying to make here.
I don't remember if it was you or Yeet but I am pretty sure that one of you said something like "oh Cape HAS to try hard today if he is scum because of the hammer he made yesterday". Which I suppose isnt a wrong take
I guess
. But now according to you I... tried
too
hard. Should I have just tried less though? I had more free time this day 2
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3539 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:29 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 3540, Cape90 wrote:I don't remember if it was you or Yeet but I am pretty sure that one of you said something like "oh Cape HAS to try hard today if he is scum because of the hammer he made yesterday". Which I suppose isnt a wrong take I guess. But now according to you I... tried too hard. Should I have just tried less though? I had more free time this day 2
I don't think that was me
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3540 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:35 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

I'm reading more thoroughly than I did earlier, Cape (and VP I guess.) The second half about the hood is making sense to me, the first half I couldn't follow yet.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3541 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:52 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 2859, Datisi wrote:ok, my bitch ass laptop decided to not connect to the internet so phoneskimming time

looking at scorp's iso in isolation (lol), definitely a scum contender. this dude has done jack shit all game. i think the tell i made on him on d1, that he's not even TRYING to appear townie, is valid, but not insanely so as he was aware that refuge in audacity is a possible defense.

i can def see scorp being scum *if* the rest of his team in a pretty good position. because i think scum is more likely to be lazy if the game seems to be going fine, or if it seems like their partners have it together. (thought goes to umlaut in that one mini normal where he started being lazy when mathblade replaced into his team)

as said, if he'd scum, i think we're lowkey fucked since that prob means there's some deepwolves or powerwolves or whatever. i think nero is a strong contender should scorp flip red; other than fitting with my bullshit gamestate reads, i think he also tried to make an eyes wagon a thing when math was trying to wagon scorp?

also, the fact that (1) there is absolutely nothing townie about scorp (2) there's still practically no wagon on him despite that and despite a MASON pushing him makes me feel like the game isn't a fan of his wagon (though i'd have to run another check to see if anyone was actually properly pulling away from him)

so, like, in total? 6.5/10, my gamestate reads aren't always great, but i would not mind a wagon here
This is interesting, I'm not buying the argument on Scorpius so I'm wondering if the reverse of your gamestate read is true and there are no powerwolves or deepwolves. This implies to me a gamestate where there are choice mislim targets available and the scum are scattered between the bottom and middle of the PoE.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3542 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:52 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3525, the worst wrote:
If the assassin is revealed, the game ends immediately with a loss for the team who identified him.

Official Votecount 2.7VP Baltar (5): Scorpious, tenebrousluminary, Nero Cain, Frogsterking, fireisredsir
[E-4]

tenebrousluminary (3): MalcolmTucker, Save The Dragons, MathBlade
Frogsterking (2): Yeet, VP Baltar
MalcolmTucker (1): April Ludgate
Enchant (1): skitter30
skitter30 (1): Enchant
Datisi (1): Cape90
Cape90 (1): Datisi

Not Voting (2): Eyes without a face, DeasVail

With 17 players alive, it takes 9 votes to achieve an elimination.

Day 2 will end in (expired on 2022-03-16 09:20:00).

click here for joined mod iso.
Can someone do a TLDR on why VP please? I mean the wagon looks like crap and has most of my SRs but I am wondering if I have my reads messed up.

Based on the VCs it’s probably pretty likely tene is scum and there’s a ton of hyper activity for not tene
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3543 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:54 pm

Post by Yeet »

In post 3531, Cape90 wrote:I don't get the MalcolmTucker suspicion, I think they have well thought out posts
I mean yes but maybe he’s still scum?
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3544 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:58 pm

Post by Yeet »

I don’t really like either of the tene or Baltar wagons. I’d prefer a null slot like Malcolm but I just have like zero case on him.
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3545 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:59 pm

Post by Yeet »

VOTE: fireisredsirVOTE: ??
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3546 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:59 pm

Post by Yeet »

VOTE: fireisredsir
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #3547 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:02 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 3529, Cape90 wrote:6. I think Datisi voting with me is still weird because they had reason to have doubt on my slot before they read into me, so why follow me on 2 votes?
(1) why are you acting as if making a vote with you on d2 is some sorta blood pact that means i am locktown on you and may never vote someone else until you do?

(2) and what are those reasons for me to have doubt on you? i don't remember scumreading you for your d1 play, so.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3548 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:23 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 3544, MathBlade wrote:Can someone do a TLDR on why VP please? I mean the wagon looks like crap and has most of my SRs but I am wondering if I have my reads messed up.

Based on the VCs it’s probably pretty likely tene is scum and there’s a ton of hyper activity for not tene
my reasons are in . as someone who was voting tene until recently, i don't think your gamestate read is accurate.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3549 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:31 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Why do you say that? What would you argue I am missing about tene?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”