She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:56 pm

Post by Titus »

Mod: Can I have multiple heals?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:01 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 244, Andante wrote:a few of these avatars are blending together and I skimmed some posts,
That reminds me that I had another idea I was meaning to try in these large games about posting a visual representation of the town with everyone's avatars kind of like Datisi's triangle thing. I thought it would help keep the players straight by remembering "these five people live on this street, these five people live on this street," etc.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:01 pm

Post by Titus »

What street do I live on?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:03 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 121, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 79, catboi wrote:
In post 66, Frogsterking wrote:PEDit: StrangeMatters is already out of their scum range by the way, slight townread on StrangeMatters from me.
Baffling read.
^^this
In post 84, Frogsterking wrote:Tigger's iso is trash. Slight townread on Ceph.

weak townreads:
StrangeMatter
Cephrir

weak scumreads:
Lukewarm
GuiltyLion
I don't think I should be townread given what I've posted so far, but calling it "trash" feels a bit extreme, especially if you're gonna immediately put me in a category labeled "weak" scumreads. Why did you choose a word as inflammatory/strong as trash?

(also it's Hobbes not Tigger)
Frogster I don't care so much about the answer to this specific question anymore as you've since explained your read on StrangeMatter and I'm holistically townreading a lot of your other content, but to close the loop here did you intentionally ignore this post or did you miss it? because I agree with you that conversation can be a fruitful way to feel out people's vibes and generate intuitive reads, but if that's how you feel and you intentionally ignored me then I'd want to know why you didn't afford me the opportunity when I asked you a question
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:04 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 249, Titus wrote:
In post 242, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 231, Titus wrote:Why don't we just heal whoever puts out reads day 1 and go from there?
What does this mean?
In post 243, Morning Tweet wrote:Ohhhhh so the people we heal cant be killed or set as the defuse then? Ahhhh so in other words itd be much easier for scum to put themselves in the defuse seat. I think I understand you now @catboi

It's kind of up to us the pool scum picks from.. the dilemma makes a lit more sense now.
Right. So if we put all the vocal people giving reads as heal targets, scum are forced to pick a lurker.
Okay this is another suggestion worth pursuing IMO.

Titus what changes would you make to my readslist so far?
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:07 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 224, VP Baltar wrote: actually, this raises a question for me:
mod, does town get to decide which chosen experts go to which bomb?
first four by the amount of nomination votes will go to one bomb, the second four to another.

In post 250, Titus wrote:
yes.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:08 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I like the VP Baltar scumread

to add my own reasoning, I think is a notably LAMISTy post/question. there's missing undercurrents of thought I would want to see in it, like are people who are wrong about mech town or scum?, why is knowing what you are talking about an important thing to call attention to?, etc. I find this post to be what I look for in a "busywork", "post to fit in" type of post if we're looking for "busywork" posts. And the way he's townreading Frog, I could see as an early attempt to buddy/deflect an extremely vocal player who already suspects him

VOTE: VP Baltar
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:12 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 250, Titus wrote:
Yeah. You can heal as many people as you want I think
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:12 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I wanna see an updated VC before I add my own heals but I'm thinking Greeting, Frogster, Andante, Menalque feel like appealing picks for me so far right now and will probably heal them in due time with a bit more thought
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:13 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

VP why are you answering a question directed at the mod that the mod already answered

can you link me to a completed town game or two where you feel you played similarly to how you're playing here? maybe a mechanics heavy game if possible?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:15 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 256, GuiltyLion wrote:the way he's townreading Frog, I could see as an early attempt to buddy/deflect an extremely vocal player who already suspects him
Have you played with frog before?
YOUR AD HERE

Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:15 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 248, Frogsterking wrote:I thought it looked TvT but Catboi always looks town, not as sure about Pooky. That's why in my readslist I gave Pooky more credit for the interaction than Catboi.

I think VP is scum based on tone. Specifically VP is being self conscious and pensive. I think what VP is saying about trying to figure out the setup is true, I just scumread the way he comes off while going about it.

I'm trying to be methodical so to counter confbias I came up with three reasons I think I could be wrong: 1) VP is being really cautious because they want to get the setup mech right 2) something IRL like being in the middle of the work week or 3) I hate to say it but I think it's necessary for the whole self-disclosure credibility cycle, if VP hasn't rolled TPR in a while or they are just one of those people who play scummy when they get TPR intentionally or unintentionally, that could definitely explain what I'm observing as well, and it's important for me to recognize that on some level which I'm not good at doing yet.
Ehhh for me it was more I felt weird vibes from catboi, like too aggressive, scary... I'm not going there though, would rather spend my effort with people being non scary lol

Yeah VP is definitely one of my top SRs at the moment, but like, I'm not commiting to a full SR there yet, but is my scummiest read if that makes sense

Mehh I haven't noticed any real content from VP here sooo no reason TO tr I don't think yet..
In post 248, Frogsterking wrote:I don't think this is fair at all?

Like I think it's fine to ask but I don't think the judgement is helpful in this case.

The main reason I asked is that I was genuinely curious why they didn't like large themes, the way their post trailed off at the end kind of looked like there might be a story there. If you look earlier MorningTweet and I established we probably haven't played together and don't know anything about each other, so I was more curious about MorningTweet themselves rather than specifically their reason for not liking large themes. I also don't agree that there is a specific kind of topic that's more likely to produce AI information, I think arguing about reads is helpful sometimes as well as just having organic conversation. In this case I had a question I wanted to ask to a player I just met and in the moment I was both curious and felt like it could be more fruitful for AI information than accusing them or asking about their reads.
Don't think it's fair? I'm legit giving thoughts, and I asked you a question.. how is asking you a question not fair? It's not like I'm currently death tunneling you... I'm engaging in a civil conversation, with the intent to pick your brain for reads on the others... like, whether you're town or maf, I want to know your reads, and like if we're thinking similar things, like VP, cool!! Different things? like catboi/pooky? cool! I like other perspectives! So by you going "I don't think this is fair" it feels like you read what Tweet said, and are just repeating Tweet's thoughts instead of your own, which like, town wouldn't do... like, what? what is not fair about me asking why you care that someone doesn't like large games??
Like, who cares if there's a story to why someone doesn't like large games?? that would just distract from this game, and give no relevant information here.

You don't agree there's a specific topic for AI stuff?? Ummm ok let me phrase a question this way then, How does talking about unrelated things give reads for this game? Like, from my experience, maf if much more likely to want to solely engage in like setup speculation, a plan... instead of actual reads/engaging with people... I still don't genuinely believe you thought you could get valuable info from Tweet there for that question... but I'm not gonna keep going there cause I can definitely ask more useful questions.

On a kinda related note to you, what are your thoughts on Tweet just now suddenly getting interested in this bomb defuser stuff? like right as the pages of setup talk settled down, she's just going back to it. any thoughts there?

In post 248, Frogsterking wrote:Lol I understand where you're coming from here. :mrgreen: Thank you for noticing the effort I put into the formatting. :wink:

I repeated "order matters" because my first question whenever I see a reads list is if the order matters between the players within each category. I've also seen enough other players ask this question after a readlist gets posted that I wanted to make sure it was clear that the order did matter. I didn't post a lot of reasons because my reads aren't based on really logical deduction yet, they're almost completely based on intuition, if not completely based on intuition, so I can come up with reasons to justify why I subjectively put one player over and another, but it feels dishonest in a way to put that in the readslist because it implies the list is driven by logic, which it really isn't.

I'm also not confident in the list as much as I'm confident in my ability to create one, and in the benefit of creating one earlier, even if it's a bit rough. I'm hoping we will be able to make a townblock which can work together and construct a more accurate PoE via a readslist.

That being said, which parts of my readslist do you think could be made better?
Overall my main issue with that list is just the lack of explanations tbh like, here you explain catboi vs pooky in the list, I think a little more of the "why" would've been better, cause I'm not taking someone's list too seriously if there's no reasonings attatched
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:17 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

@VP - not to my knowledge, no
The Praetorian
The Praetorian
It/Its
Townie
The Praetorian
It/Its
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: It/Its

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:17 pm

Post by The Praetorian »

VOTE: vp baltar

this time's a hit
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:17 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 251, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 244, Andante wrote:a few of these avatars are blending together and I skimmed some posts,
That reminds me that I had another idea I was meaning to try in these large games about posting a visual representation of the town with everyone's avatars kind of like Datisi's triangle thing. I thought it would help keep the players straight by remembering "these five people live on this street, these five people live on this street," etc.
meh at the moment it's just you and bulge that blend together, but I think that's mostly cause bulge is not doing anything game related, and is definitely coasting right now, and your posts, I think I've just skimmed, so like, ehhh not a huge deal.. (I only skimmed cause I had a lot to catch up on)
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:18 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 259, GuiltyLion wrote:VP why are you answering a question directed at the mod that the mod already answered

can you link me to a completed town game or two where you feel you played similarly to how you're playing here? maybe a mechanics heavy game if possible?
I just replied as I saw the post. Didn't see datisi had gotten to it already.

Let me go find the Guardians game I recently played. That was very mech heavy and I made a bunch of mech errors early because I didn't understand the game.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:19 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Here you go: viewtopic.ph
YOUR AD HERE

The Praetorian
The Praetorian
It/Its
Townie
The Praetorian
It/Its
Townie
Townie

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:20 pm

Post by The Praetorian »

HEAL: Frog

HEAL: Andante

HEAL: MT

HEAL: GL

HEAL: Titus
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:20 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 256, GuiltyLion wrote:I like the VP Baltar scumread

to add my own reasoning, I think is a notably LAMISTy post/question. there's missing undercurrents of thought I would want to see in it, like are people who are wrong about mech town or scum?, why is knowing what you are talking about an important thing to call attention to?, etc. I find this post to be what I look for in a "busywork", "post to fit in" type of post if we're looking for "busywork" posts. And the way he's townreading Frog, I could see as an early attempt to buddy/deflect an extremely vocal player who already suspects him

VOTE: VP Baltar
you got me looking up the post so I'm just responding to this,
In post 38, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 35, catboi wrote:please go read the setup again.
Fair warning, in games like this, I'll probably ask lots of dumb questions about the setup/mechanics.
This is the initial post from VP I didn't like... like, if you have lots of questions... just ask... no need to warn for "dumb questions" like, if you KNOW they're dumb... why purposely ask a lot... and yeah idk, that post was bad to me
The Praetorian
The Praetorian
It/Its
Townie
The Praetorian
It/Its
Townie
Townie

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:21 pm

Post by The Praetorian »

vp has fear in his heart
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:21 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

YOUR AD HERE

Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:23 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

praetorian have we had the pleasure of playing together before?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:23 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 269, The Praetorian wrote:vp has fear in his heart
Terrified!
YOUR AD HERE

The Praetorian
The Praetorian
It/Its
Townie
The Praetorian
It/Its
Townie
Townie

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:23 pm

Post by The Praetorian »

In post 271, Morning Tweet wrote:praetorian have we had the pleasure of playing together before?
my lawyer says I dont need to answer that one
The Praetorian
The Praetorian
It/Its
Townie
The Praetorian
It/Its
Townie
Townie

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:23 pm

Post by The Praetorian »