Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1701 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:29 am

Post by Bell »

I just did a run through of strange matter’s iso.
I don’t really know what to say there except they’re different compared to the last game I played with them.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1702 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:38 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1699, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1685, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1678, Menalque wrote:okay, I like GL, Titus, frog, CSF, bell for town

I'd vote anywhere in (fire, MT!slot, andres) with a slight preference to the first two

I would like to reiterate that I would like to be a bomb expert
Ooo, some spicy stuff in here. I have like 10 pages to catch up on this afternoon, but csf, Titus and andres reads have me interested
i feel like it is actually anti-spicy

like none of these seem out of the ordinary at all to me

i would describe it as mayonnaise levels of spice
Town reading Titus is a little wtf to me. I think CSF is somewhat meh too, but maybe there is stuff in those pages I haven't seen. You just mad cause you're getting scum read?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1703 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:38 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1701, Bell wrote:I just did a run through of strange matter’s iso.
I don’t really know what to say there except they’re different compared to the last game I played with them.
Join this wagon with me. It is good and just
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1704 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:40 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Feel like I've seen a lot of strangematter griping, and yet I'm the only person voting there. Sus!
YOUR AD HERE

Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1705 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:40 am

Post by Bell »

Fuck no. The only reason I'm not yelling at people to murder fire is because Andre needs to finish their catch up.
I'm not moving.
Forsooth.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1706 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:41 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1675, Datisi wrote:StrangeMatter [4]: Frogsterking, Greeting, Enchant, Andresvmb
And then there is this in the expert pool, which is wild
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1707 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:42 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1705, Bell wrote:Fuck no. The only reason I'm not yelling at people to murder fire is because Andre needs to finish their catch up.
I'm not moving.
Forsooth.
Doth it
YOUR AD HERE

Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1708 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:44 am

Post by Bell »

Also, fire should probably make a game solve or try to catch scum if I'm being a fuck up again. They're dying no matter what, but they seem level headed so I won't begrudge them a socratic finish.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1709 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:45 am

Post by Bell »

Flourish* *grumbles*
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1710 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:52 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1698, Bell wrote:
In post 1683, Cephrir wrote:Wow I got nothing out of those pages at all
How
calculated stupidity
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1711 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:58 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1702, VP Baltar wrote:Town reading Titus is a little wtf to me. I think CSF is somewhat meh too, but maybe there is stuff in those pages I haven't seen. You just mad cause you're getting scum read?
no. lots of people scumread me, im not mad about it. altho i do think that it would be extremely easy for scum to coast on a luke scumread here and not actually have to engage with the person they suspect

they all just seem like very safe reads
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1712 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:59 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1708, Bell wrote:Also, fire should probably make a game solve or try to catch scum if I'm being a fuck up again. They're dying no matter what, but they seem level headed so I won't begrudge them a socratic finish.
ive been trying and will continue to try
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1713 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:04 am

Post by Frogsterking »

VOTE: Ceph
In post 1697, Bell wrote:
In post 1684, Cephrir wrote:we need more pooky/catboi heals and i would really like to see fewer frogster heals if he's just gonna openly fuck with it

put in some combo of csf, dwlee, me, strange and gl
No we don’t, as long as they’re in the top 8 it doesn’t matter.
In post 1698, Bell wrote:
In post 1683, Cephrir wrote:Wow I got nothing out of those pages at all
How
Ceph looks really bad on this page, I can understand town leaning dwlee, strange and gl, but having this composition be your dream team looks pretty fake. I think including CSF here is probably shade/wifom. I don't think I've seen any positive interaction between CSF and Ceph or any indication of analysis other than CSF openly distrusting Ceph.

I think I'm pretty clearly using the hurt/heal tags to advance the town wincon. For example: HURT: Ceph

The idea that Ceph got nothing out of the last 10 pages implies he has absolutely no interest in sorting andres slot whatsoever because andres was literally the biggest question mark in this game until the last ten pages. andres had 6 posts most of which were filler, then last night he drops a full readslist and is openly interrogated for like 40 posts. How does your read on the biggest question mark in the game not change when you get that much new information?

Ceph is also super hedgy with his read toward my slot, he keeps claiming to townread me but consistently shades as though he doesn't. I think this could be AI because later in the game compared to other widely townread players I'm easier to mislim because I piss off a lot of townies, and it doesn't take a genius to figure this out.

For being a top "social gamer" or whatever Ceph seems to spend a lot of time sniping from the sidelines and making excuses for doing shit all.

I think of all my scum reads Ceph < VP < andres are most likely to be bullshit. I came up with some counterarguments for my andres read which give me reason to doubt my intuition in his case, which I can summarize for anyone who asks.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1714 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:05 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1713, Frogsterking wrote:I think including CSF here is probably shade/wifom. I don't think I've seen any positive interaction between CSF and Ceph or any indication of analysis other than CSF openly distrusting Ceph.
then you havent read my posts? i am literally healing them, and vpb gave me shit about it for an entire page?

it's not my dream team it just looks achievable based on the most recent vc
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1715 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:07 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1713, Frogsterking wrote:The idea that Ceph got nothing out of the last 10 pages implies he has absolutely no interest in sorting andres slot whatsoever because andres was literally the biggest question mark in this game until the last ten pages. andres had 6 posts most of which were filler, then last night he drops a full readslist and is openly interrogated for like 40 posts. How does your read on the biggest question mark in the game not change when you get that much new information?

Ceph is also super hedgy with his read toward my slot, he keeps claiming to townread me but consistently shades as though he doesn't. I think this could be AI because later in the game compared to other widely townread players I'm easier to mislim because I piss off a lot of townies, and it doesn't take a genius to figure this out.

For being a top "social gamer" or whatever Ceph seems to spend a lot of time sniping from the sidelines and making excuses for doing shit all.
i read andres' posts but they weren't very memorable and most of the questions you asked him were pointless

if you havent understood my stance on you that is your fault. ive been extremely clear. youre town but i dont want you on a team because you said you're going to lolmurder any defuser

my social game award is not related to mafia
Bartleby the Scrivener
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1716 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:09 am

Post by Frogsterking »

You mean this dogshit openly laced in a shield of irony?
In post 1126, Cephrir wrote:here i will prove to you that i could do this if i wanted to
In post 1076, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 995, Andante wrote:
In post 993, Andante wrote:can more people please heal pooky!!! I want to solve a bomb with pooky!!!!
also, not a huge fan of being with 3 whole people that… I don’t tr like at all… like can I request like catboi in my group then if I can’t have pooky? cause I don’t think me + 3 non TRs ends well
Are your TRs basically still the same from ? Cuz that's a pretty wack set of TRs. I agree with only 2/9 of those (catboi, pooky), and those two are like the ones i'm the least confident about
i like the look of this because it makes no effort to pocket noted consensus townread andante, yet also invites attention from her to discuss reads, when she already seems kind of frustrated about being disagreed with. also csf shows believable trajectory here iirc - at least i know im one of those townreads and csf's dubiousness about me is documented
In post 1077, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 998, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 965, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:I could vote either VP or fire atp
In post 870, GuiltyLion wrote:VOTE: Morning Tweet

VP I promise I'll skim through that game at some point tonight for ya,
main thing I'm just trying to see is if the style of asking a bunch of questions and posting random largely meaningless observations
( another one that pinged me much in the same vein) is fully in line with your town game, seems fire (slash maybe a couple others IIRC?) is vouching for that but just want to check it myself
I largely agree with this observation. I was kind of surprised that VP is second top poster when I opened up the activity overview, because I don't really remember their posts or recall their stances.

Keep us updated on the metadive
This kind of looks like you just testing the waters of wagons that are semi-popular and saying your fine with either.

It's also pretty silly to be like "vp isn't memorable!" when your ability to remember things I've said and my positions is not my problem. Have better reading retention. I also don't know a thing you've done this game, but that's not an actual reason alone to scum read a person because I could say that about lots of players in a large game.

You may think my questions are pointless, but they aren't to me and how I'm feeling people out, which is all I care about.
Sure I don't have a read on Andres or The Bulge or other people, but they've barely posted or haven't posted enough for me to feel strongly one way or another

the difference with you is that you've posted a lot, but somehow your posts haven't stood out unlike the other active posters. My reading retention isn't the problem if I can remember other active posters.
i liked this post because they're sharing my brain cell, i also haven't found you very memorable & have no ideas what ur stances are despite being a high poster
In post 1078, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 999, VP Baltar wrote:Also, CSF, are you townreading GL?
Tentatively

I like that he saw the same things in dwlee as I did.
He could be scum parroting me, but I don't particularly think I'm important enough to pocket lol.

I'd like to see more from him.

Why do you ask about GL specifically?
i find the bolded to be a townie thought process

i didn't actually think any of these things particularly consciously, i guess i agree with them now that i'm doing this exercise just to prove i can fabricate reads believbably so you don't have to think im some sort of mafia infant who can't do this
Get the hell out Ceph lmao you're open wolfing.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1717 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:10 am

Post by Cephrir »

ive said like at least 5 times that i dont think putting in 8 townreads is even a good idea, much less something im trying to achieve
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1718 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:12 am

Post by Cephrir »

awooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Bartleby the Scrivener
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1719 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:12 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1703, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1701, Bell wrote:I just did a run through of strange matter’s iso.
Join this wagon with me. It is good and just
In post 1704, VP Baltar wrote:Feel like I've seen a lot of strangematter griping, and yet I'm the only person voting there. Sus!
In post 1706, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1675, Datisi wrote:StrangeMatter [4]: Frogsterking, Greeting, Enchant, Andresvmb
And then there is this in the expert pool, which is wild
Hey VP were you pressuring Ceph just for show? You called him out on his shit and now you're pushing this random mislim target instead of sorting andres.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1720 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:17 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1705, Bell wrote:Fuck no. The only reason I'm not yelling at people to murder fire is because Andre needs to finish their catch up.
I'm not moving.
Forsooth.
Yeah what the hell, I'm really feeling a fire + ceph + vp right team right now. VP is openly deflecting the lim off of fire and VP's push on Ceph (which Ceph was so quick to mention) looks like a warm cup of buttermilk pudding.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1721 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:19 am

Post by Cephrir »

hey fire meet me in the scum pt let's plan some theater we're super caught rn
Bartleby the Scrivener
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1722 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:20 am

Post by fireisredsir »

as long as the theatre involves ignoring frog and not engaging with him anymore bc he is trying to hero solve day 1 and it is clearly warping his perspective and making him useless
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1723 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:21 am

Post by catboi »

well I made it 3 days before I got bored
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1724 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:21 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1719, Frogsterking wrote:Hey VP were you pressuring Ceph just for show? You called him out on his shit and now you're pushing this random mislim target instead of sorting andres.
I haven't read the andres catchup yet. I plan to today and I'll weigh in then. (It's currently like 65 degrees and sunny here, so you'll have to wait!)

Ceph pressure was not for show and I don't know what that means? I think ceph is playing off any pressure with an 'I don't care' attitude, which is hard for me to sort at this early point in the game.

And I'm not pushing a random miselim target. I'm pointing out a trend I'm seeing where people kind of shade strange, but then there are no votes going that way at all, which is strange.
YOUR AD HERE

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”