Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1900 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:15 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Andres you know that in the game we played before, when we were SvT you kept telling me over and over that my argument is nonsense?

Regardless of your alignment, it's a very poor choice of words to use that same line again.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1901 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:16 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1882, fireisredsir wrote:im willing to consider the possibility that im wrong, and am interested to see who joins this wagon
I don't think I'm buying this. You were just saying not to lend frog's absurd theories (and they are absurd) any credence, but now that it's convenient for you you're on board. I also hate seeing both you and misty here together no matter what the each of you voting the other status was before, and no I have not checked.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Moment of Brilliance
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1902 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:16 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 1832, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1574, Andresvmb wrote:I don’t need to read every word to have a sense for some players in the early part. And Healing doesn’t close the thread or shorten the day as far as I can tell, so doing it doesn’t have any impact until the day has ended. So I can update those no problem, and if a majority is reached without my vote, and I want to have some influence. It’s like if you’re going to criticize this about me, did you criticize Pooky when they put Heal votes down in the early part of the game (and very many at that)? Otherwise, you’re basically saying that you prefer to have less information from me, not more, and that seems kind of silly.
Yeah, but the heals tell us nothing actually because you say you've only read 20 pages at that point? So like, there is no relevance to the current game state. If you are scum, could just be a lowkey way to get some heals on a buddy by also healing some consensus town reads. I don't understand the motivation at that point to heal if you feel like you're behind. Wouldn't you want to get in the flow of the game a bit and then drop heals you feel more confident on?
This attack is getting old really fast.

The answer is no. I’ll heal whoever I want based on whatever I’ve read. You’re acting like 20 pages is very little content. Or that I couldn’t possibly get a decent feel for tone while reading that much. Sure, I can form better reads by maybe reading a bit more which I’ll obviously try to do. But my reactions are useless. And it’s D1 regardless. It’s not like I’m going to have any real information.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1903 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:16 pm

Post by Bell »

I'm more interested in you addressing why you did a huge catch up post this game when you've replaced into other games and didn't do that or chose to go about it differently.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1904 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:17 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

ok eh i changed my mind again I think it's more likely scum are taking advantage of frog here to push this

VOTE: misty
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Moment of Brilliance

Post Post #1905 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:17 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 1900, Frogsterking wrote:Andres you know that in the game we played before, when we were SvT you kept telling me over and over that my argument is nonsense?

Regardless of your alignment, it's a very poor choice of words to use that same line again.
I don’t care what you think of my choice of words. You’re being stubborn even though I’ve revealed more than enough about my slot for you to Unvote.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Moment of Brilliance

Post Post #1906 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:17 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 1903, Bell wrote:I'm more interested in you addressing why you did a huge catch up post this game when you've replaced into other games and didn't do that or chose to go about it differently.
I didn’t replace into this game. And I have not done anything I haven’t done as Town in other games. Check again.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Moment of Brilliance

Post Post #1907 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:19 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 1902, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 1832, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1574, Andresvmb wrote:I don’t need to read every word to have a sense for some players in the early part. And Healing doesn’t close the thread or shorten the day as far as I can tell, so doing it doesn’t have any impact until the day has ended. So I can update those no problem, and if a majority is reached without my vote, and I want to have some influence. It’s like if you’re going to criticize this about me, did you criticize Pooky when they put Heal votes down in the early part of the game (and very many at that)? Otherwise, you’re basically saying that you prefer to have less information from me, not more, and that seems kind of silly.
Yeah, but the heals tell us nothing actually because you say you've only read 20 pages at that point? So like, there is no relevance to the current game state. If you are scum, could just be a lowkey way to get some heals on a buddy by also healing some consensus town reads. I don't understand the motivation at that point to heal if you feel like you're behind. Wouldn't you want to get in the flow of the game a bit and then drop heals you feel more confident on?
This attack is getting old really fast.

The answer is no. I’ll heal whoever I want based on whatever I’ve read. You’re acting like 20 pages is very little content. Or that I couldn’t possibly get a decent feel for tone while reading that much. Sure, I can form better reads by maybe reading a bit more which I’ll obviously try to do. But my reactions are useless. And it’s D1 regardless. It’s not like I’m going to have any real information.
^my reactions aren’t useless.

I obviously wasn’t trying to say I totally suck.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1908 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:19 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1901, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1882, fireisredsir wrote:im willing to consider the possibility that im wrong, and am interested to see who joins this wagon
I don't think I'm buying this. You were just saying not to lend frog's absurd theories (and they are absurd) any credence, but now that it's convenient for you you're on board. I also hate seeing both you and misty here together no matter what the each of you voting the other status was before, and no I have not checked.
vp swayed me tbh but now that im looking at things again i think i should not have been so easily convinced
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1909 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:20 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I just tried to read the Andres case again and I think I had a stroke.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Moment of Brilliance

Post Post #1910 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:20 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 1834, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1580, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 1578, Bell wrote:You didn't plop down a vote. Why didn't you vote someone?
You fault me for putting Heal votes down without reading everything (which if I’m being realistic, the odds that I get 8 Town and no Scum even if I read every word D1 are not great), but you want me to place my single elimination vote already? Why?

My strongest SR from the early going was VPB. I’m not ready to vote there until I have actually at least read the entirety of what’s been posted so far so I can be surer there aren’t Scummier slots.
Good question from Bell, a sad reply from andres.

The logic of healing becuase you can always change it applies to voting too. Except there is the additional scum cover motivation I noted above, so....
Except a majority ends the voting phase and forces twilight, healing doesn’t. But hey, probably a meaningless distinction to you.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1911 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:21 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1904, fireisredsir wrote:ok eh i changed my mind again I think it's more likely scum are taking advantage of frog here to push this

Which scum? To me, those scum could well be you and misty.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1912 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:22 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 1906, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 1903, Bell wrote:I'm more interested in you addressing why you did a huge catch up post this game when you've replaced into other games and didn't do that or chose to go about it differently.
I didn’t replace into this game. And I have not done anything I haven’t done as Town in other games. Check again.
:lol: You're right.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1913 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:22 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Hey guys you're welcome I hit scum here on andres, thank you for putting up with my tinfoil theories and aggressive solving.

Thank you VP and everyone else for backing me up on this and forcing andres to get in here and address his wagon, I owe you one!
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1914 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:23 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1911, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1904, fireisredsir wrote:ok eh i changed my mind again I think it's more likely scum are taking advantage of frog here to push this

my paranoia was a vp/misty pairing bc vp never considered the misty wagon despite his love of pushing for dueling wagons early on d1. csf would be another possibility to consider
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1915 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:23 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 1910, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 1578, Bell wrote:You didn't plop down a vote. Why didn't you vote someone?
You fault me for putting Heal votes down without reading everything (which if I’m being realistic, the odds that I get 8 Town and no Scum even if I read every word D1 are not great), but you want me to place my single elimination vote already? Why?

My strongest SR from the early going was VPB. I’m not ready to vote there until I have actually at least read the entirety of what’s been posted so far so I can be surer there aren’t Scummier slots.

The logic of healing becuase you can always change it applies to voting too. Except there is the additional scum cover motivation I noted above, so....
Except a majority ends the voting phase and forces twilight, healing doesn’t. But hey, probably a meaningless distinction to you.
Are you seriously arguing that you were worried you would hammer someone or contribute to the game day ending early so you didn't vote anyone?
Because that's silly.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Moment of Brilliance

Post Post #1916 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:23 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

I will consider anyone actually relying on Frog’s more recent arguments to be claiming Scum.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1917 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:24 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1914, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1911, Cephrir wrote:

my paranoia was a vp/misty pairing bc vp never considered the misty wagon despite his love of pushing for dueling wagons early on d1. csf would be another possibility to consider
Idk why but my sense that you don't believe the words you're writing persists.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Moment of Brilliance

Post Post #1918 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:25 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 1915, Bell wrote:

Are you seriously arguing that you were worried you would hammer someone or contribute to the game day ending early so you didn't vote anyone?
Because that's silly.
CLEARLY not the first one. I didn’t want my vote to become stale and force an execution I wasn’t ready for. Sue me.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1919 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:28 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 1918, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 1915, Bell wrote:

Because that's silly.
CLEARLY not the first one. I didn’t want my vote to become stale and force an execution I wasn’t ready for. Sue me.
I would but I try not to fight people on their home ground. *snicker*
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1920 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:30 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1916, Andresvmb wrote:I will consider anyone actually relying on Frog’s more recent arguments to be claiming Scum.
Thanks andres :) I know what you mean.

I'm going to go take a walk I earned it I spent a lot of this weekend on this game.

My top guess for the third right now is Ceph, there's a reason the style is called "open wolfing."

But there's a pretty big drop off between fire + andres and my ideas for the other two.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1921 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:30 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1917, Cephrir wrote:Idk why but my sense that you don't believe the words you're writing persists.
idk if i really believed in the andres push but i was interested to see where it went. i do believe 100% that scum would try to take advantage of frog here. i was hesitant due to the way misty voted andres right after i called them out for it but idk, too scummy to be scum is something i fall for too often, maybe it is just the simple answer
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1922 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:31 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Awòòòòòòò
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1923 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:31 pm

Post by Bell »

This implies you think Frogsterking believes a singe thing they're saying.
Which is quite the take.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1924 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:32 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

who, me? i def think frog believes what they're saying, do you not?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”