Mafia Scum
Rathe
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1900 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:55 am

Post by Rathe »

save the dragons thinks im mafia cuz he thought kitty was town n i went after kitty
i still think it was weird cuz other people went after kitty but yet he zeroed on me n then said it was gut i dont know how to feel about it cuz theres no way to defend against gut
Rathe
Rathe
He
Mafia Scum
Rathe
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1901 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:55 am

Post by Rathe »

geraintm could be town if i read his posts alone n he feels more town if you read everything back with scorpius n malcolmtucker as mafia
i dont know about andante rly but it doesnt seem like she is the same alignment with malcolm n scorpius n the way they both interacted with her made me think they r mafia i like her posts n she is the main reason i did a rethink n reread
if they r partners i wouldnt know who the third person is but starting with scorpius seems like a good move
Rathe
Rathe
He
Mafia Scum
Rathe
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1902 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:56 am

Post by Rathe »

galron seems like town to me but andante said there was a disconnect between galrons first post n second or third post n i dont think like that the tone sounds ok so if galron is mafia it is blind to me
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1903 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:06 pm

Post by geraintm »

In post 1901, Rathe wrote:geraintm could be town if i read his posts alone n he feels more town if you read everything back with scorpius n malcolmtucker as mafia
i dont know about andante rly but it doesnt seem like she is the same alignment with malcolm n scorpius n the way they both interacted with her made me think they r mafia i like her posts n she is the main reason i did a rethink n reread
if they r partners i wouldnt know who the third person is but starting with scorpius seems like a good move
I think flipping scorpious gives Town a whole host of info on people's relationships, and given (at least from my point of view) a red flip , I don't think there would be many spots left for scum to hide. We will soon find them
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1904 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:00 pm

Post by Scorpious »

In post 1903, geraintm wrote:
In post 1901, Rathe wrote:geraintm could be town if i read his posts alone n he feels more town if you read everything back with scorpius n malcolmtucker as mafia
I think flipping scorpious gives Town a whole host of info on people's relationships, and given (at least from my point of view) a red flip , I don't think there would be many spots left for scum to hide. We will soon find them
:facepalm:
"Would you like to know more?"

I am like a renaissance artist. People appreciate me more after I am dead

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

People always fear what they don't understand
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1905 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:09 pm

Post by Galron »

But isn't that kind of limiting? Excluding every other player except for scorpious and malcom as mafia, if you squint you can see geraintm town? 1) it seems limiting to base reads on two specific players being scum and 2) does that mean if you were to sub, say me for scorpious, geraintm is scum?

I think I'm missing something in your post.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1906 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:11 pm

Post by Galron »

I mean if you go back and read the game with two specific players already scum in your mind, it seems like you're doing something... wrong.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1907 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:16 pm

Post by Galron »

I have to be missing something. I can't see why anyone would do that.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1908 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:30 pm

Post by Galron »

In post 1902, Rathe wrote:galron seems like town to me but andante said there was a disconnect between galrons first post n second or third post n i dont think like that the tone sounds ok so if galron is mafia it is blind to me
I haven't posted anything useful for at least three days, and I'm still being townread. That I haven't been steamrolled by now seems odd. Why aren't scum coming after me? I mean this is the site where you're forgotten as soon as you stop posting.

When you say you don't think like that the tone sounds ok (I think I got that right), are you talking about my tone or Andante's?
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1909 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:32 pm

Post by Galron »

I dislike geraintm's posting. That last post is a head scratcher. It seems to be a call to arms and comes across as he is trying to miz scorpious. And I'm not a big fan of scorpious either.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1910 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:34 pm

Post by Galron »

And btw I'm just disregarding Andante's scum read of me because she has yet to town read me in any game if I'm remembering correctly.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1911 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:36 pm

Post by Galron »

Although I will point out that I thought Morning Tweet was more scummy that town, and Andante's replacing in hasn't helped that, but for different reasons. I don't know how to read Andante and don't want to forget her, but I can't get a handle on her either. So I need to work on that.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1912 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:49 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1910, Galron wrote:And btw I'm just disregarding Andante's scum read of me because she has yet to town read me in any game if I'm remembering correctly.
Yeah sorry but this approach from Andante is a bit ridiculous and I'm surprised more people aren't commenting on it at all, we have someone just blinding making up mafia reads without having read most of the game days into joining, and then going back and making a really boring a vague list of reads that is solely meant to conform to their prior assumptions from when they first joined the game. Also throwing tantrums over people questioning their reads in a way that is perfectly legit. And also blindly asserting some players are absolutely and definitely town without having read most of the game.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1913 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:50 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1886, Andresvmb wrote:VOTE: MalcolmTucker

Let’s try this.
Sorry but what was your reasoning for this? I don't get it. What do you think is particularly mafia about me? What does eliminating me from the game actually gain in comparison to other eliminations? Your play recently has been logic-driven and pretty good for me, this feels a bit random, dunno if it's just frustration because we're struggling to get anything definitive re finding scum.
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1914 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:50 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

In post 1825, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 1822, KittyTacky wrote:Yeah Andrew, if you don't want Scorp to hang today then share your... anti-case.
I don’t have an anti-case. I figured mechanically we could pin Scorpious down further since two messages will circulate tonight almost regardless, and I think one is more valuable than the other. That’s all I got.
Are you sure he isn't lying about being a mailman altogether?

I can entertain the possibility of there being a mafia roleblocker who blocked him but in that case the RB will just sit on him and there won't be a message anyways. And that's not even counting the unlikeliness of that role arrangement (FN+MM as town).
If u dont elim me today, you are Minecrafters
~Vasex
When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
~Enchant
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1915 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:51 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1900, Rathe wrote:save the dragons thinks im mafia cuz he thought kitty was town n i went after kitty
i still think it was weird cuz other people went after kitty but yet he zeroed on me n then said it was gut i dont know how to feel about it cuz theres no way to defend against gut
I also think it's weird that STD has remained glued to you yet hasn't actually tried to get a D2 wagon going at all and hasn't actually really pushed properly for your elimination. At this point it feels more like mafia wanting to stick to an easy early game read without their heart particularly being in it at all.
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1916 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:52 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

I don't understand the Malcolm wagon, Malcolm isn't scummy at all to me, it's between STD and Scorp today.

Also I'm sick so might not be very active.
If u dont elim me today, you are Minecrafters
~Vasex
When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
~Enchant
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1917 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:54 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1855, Andante wrote:
In post 1852, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 1847, Andresvmb wrote:@Andante you have Nero Cain and Save The Dragons as your top Town Reads? Can you explain Save The Dragons? We’re disagreeing there so I want to better understand that. There’s more than one person that thinks that STD is Town so I have an open mind about being wrong there. Nero Cain I’m mostly just suspicious for activity - I can’t really question them claiming to be burned out and it’s happened to me too so I’m taking that at face value.
I said yesterday STD/Andante could quite easily be teammates. STD puts in a vote for Andante in post and in post indicates they're unconvinced the slot is town. But in post they say they don't want to vote for Andante "yet", and by post they have now moved their read of Andante to "uncertain". How have they progressed from SR'ing Andante to now being uncertain re the slot? And why would they even be considering then voting for Andante if they are unsure whether the slot is mafia when they suspect Rathe much more strongly and have done so since the start?

If just STD is mafia then it's inconsistent play which hints at mafia being unsure who to suspect. Andante came in and immediately TR'd STD in a way that may have been surprising for them - suddenly STD potentially had a valuable ally on their side instead of a player who could act as an easy scapegoat coming into the game.

But them being teammates is also equally feasible for me. One puts some light suspicion on the other to create distance without following up on it, while the other TR's their teammate since they were 2nd for votes in D1 and need some support.

But if there's no link here - there's also the fact Andante is saying they just haven't read up on the game so far. They're not making informed reads, just hitting and hoping.
I mean, I took that vote on me as just a joke.. like a "hi friend" literally just like Pooky and Tweet at the beginning.... you're definitely overanalyzing something so small..
Note here that the "overanalysing" just entirely ignores the actual substance of the post. The point of this game is to analyse. Sometimes certain theories won't be pushed forward or will be disproved but the idea is to come up with reads and see where they land.

I've given two possible scenarios here - one where STD is just mafia and scales back their SR of you because you think they're incredibly town and you're a useful ally for them, and another where the two of you are potentially allied together. I'm not simply honing in on one vague theory, I'm presenting a couple of scenarios where one or both of you could be mafia.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1918 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:57 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1916, KittyTacky wrote:I don't understand the Malcolm wagon, Malcolm isn't scummy at all to me, it's between STD and Scorp today.

Yeah it feels a bit like a mix of boredom since we're struggling to get anywhere, potential mafia trying to force a town wagon, and people (who could be mafia) frustrated I'm pushing them and lazily voting for me without a good reason. What is actually scummy about me at all? I repeatedly neglected to join or push the D1 wagon for someone who was eliminated and ended up being town. We have a solid bunch of players here who joined said wagon because they couldn't be bothered to come up with someone else to eliminate and who are all being given a free pass for it. Some of them will be town of course but there is almost certainly some mafia in there.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1919 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:59 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1909, Galron wrote:I dislike geraintm's posting. That last post is a head scratcher. It seems to be a call to arms and comes across as he is trying to miz scorpious. And I'm not a big fan of scorpious either.
I think the "I don't think there will be many places left for scum to hide" feels incredibly fake and naff to me as well. Irrespective of how Scorpious flips there's a decent chance we have one or two mafia players (potentially including geraint) who have been fairly quiet and hiding away from the main action so far. Note there is no actual analysis or original thought from geraint, just a lazy promotion of what's been one of the more popular D2 choices so far.

Again on D1 they said they would be more active and that they always tend to do very little on D1. Now it's D2 and they are again just lazily doing nothing of note and trying to get the Scorpious wagon going. At what point do they actually have to do something before we consider eliminating them?
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1920 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:05 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1902, Rathe wrote:galron seems like town to me but andante said there was a disconnect between galrons first post n second or third post
n i dont think like that the tone sounds ok
so if galron is mafia it is blind to me
It's because Andante wasn't reading the game genuinely, they went back to the start and only read the first 100 posts so they could confirm their biases and retain their initial reads. Their analysis of the game in the longer post they made a couple of pages ago is so thin and wasn't done from the POV of someone starting a readthrough with an open mind, it was just done to lazily confirm their pre-assigned SRs. Honestly, anyone blindly trusting or following this slot's reads at this point is incredibly suspect to me because they're coming from a perspective of someone admitting they haven't caught up with most of the game. Andante could potentially be town, but I'm not convinced people agreeing with them will come back town at all if that is the case.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1921 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:20 pm

Post by geraintm »

In post 1919, MalcolmTucker wrote:I think the "I don't think there will be many places left for scum to hide" feels incredibly fake and naff to me as well.
1st, excellent use of the word naff.

2nd, to me at least i would find it hard to beleive Angela was town, and i would struggle to see how people would think i was scum if Scorpious flipped scum. Combined with Kitty being green and another death in the night, there would be 9 left, 3 i think should be seen as town leaving 2 scum amoung 6 people - though that 6 might be further narrowed down after the night.

that is my thinking, i am not sure why it comes across as fake?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1922 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:21 pm

Post by geraintm »

In post 1916, KittyTacky wrote:I don't understand the Malcolm wagon, Malcolm isn't scummy at all to me, it's between STD and Scorp today.

Agree that Save the Dragon has looked suspicious ever since yesterday, but i'd much rather the scorpious wagon and revisit STD at a later stage
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1923 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:22 pm

Post by geraintm »

In post 1909, Galron wrote:I dislike geraintm's posting. That last post is a head scratcher. It seems to be a call to arms and comes across as he is trying to miz scorpious. And I'm not a big fan of scorpious either.
what does miz mean?
and i am unsure how to put together you disliking me charging at Scorpious and then you also saying you don't like scorpious. the two are not compatible??
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1924 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:25 pm

Post by geraintm »

In post 1905, Galron wrote:
But isn't that kind of limiting? Excluding every other player except for scorpious and malcom as mafia, if you squint you can see geraintm town? 1) it seems limiting to base reads on two specific players being scum and 2) does that mean if you were to sub, say me for scorpious, geraintm is scum?

I think I'm missing something in your post.
i don't understand why my posts - where i believe scorpious is scum - is generating so much heat on me when others are saying the exact same thing. all i can think is that people are suggesting Scorpious is town, and i am an opportunistic scum jumping on a wagon generated by Kitty (who is green) and Angela (who is 99% liekly to be different alignment to Scorpious) and yet are going after me and not Angela?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”