skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:39 pm

Post by skitter30 »

Monkey - scummy
Cat - want to give him slightly longer to get motivated (this pass extends to ~eod1)
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:41 pm

Post by Aristeia »

see that's weird to me because that's not how you treated demotivated him last time >.>
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:47 pm

Post by Aristeia »

like look at your iso here:

viewtopic.php?t=88427&f=51&st=0&sk=t&sd ... er_sort=Go

and compare it to your iso in this game vis-a-vis Catboi

why wouldn't I have worries you two are S/S?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:51 pm

Post by skitter30 »

Yeah. I'm aware

I dont really know how to elaborate / want to elaborate but i dont think he'd do it again
But its possible i'm wrong hence why the pass is only today

Pedit yeah i can see why you'd think that
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:26 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 539, Aristeia wrote:Fire Iso

his style here is a lot more proactive and decisive - here he feels more noncommital/careful/worried
Okay, but I don't think a difference in demeanor is necessarily alignment-indicative, and realistically you should know that. There can be other outside factors that influence someone's play like their general mood or a different gamestate. I had basically no opinion on Bellaphant - she gave some unexplained townreads, the one on Umlaut was puzzling, but I've seen townies give bizarre reads before. I wanted her to explain it more, but then she replced out. I have basically no read on fire so far. Their posts do not sway me either way.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:29 pm

Post by catboi »

For the last time, I am not demotivated this game, or feigning it. I have been intentionally reserved but that's not the same thing.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:46 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 551, skitter30 wrote:Monkey - scummy
Cat - want to give him slightly longer to get motivated (this pass extends to ~eod1)
Why is HEM scummy?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:53 pm

Post by skitter30 »

i feel like he's asking questions for the sake of asking questions and that they're not really leading anywhere
Show
Hiatus once more.

catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:59 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 535, fireisredsir wrote:one action that felt strange to me was catboi's progression from 298 to 373 to 394. i got a feeling of him being under pressure to jump in and pick a side, which felt weird, because up to that point he seemed content to sit back and watch. im not sure what compelled him to vote there beyond putting pressure on yeet to answer his question, but something about it didn't feel right.
I put my vote there precisely to get him to answer, because I didn't like him evading the question. If was the first thing this game I found to be strongly suspicious and that overrides any sort of vague gut feeling I had prior to that point. To me, his explanations for his read both on me and on you feel like they were backfilled - like he started from a conclusion and then went back to find evidence to justify it, but the timeline for when he stated the reads and the posts he cites as reasons don't line up. Which makes me think they weren't real thoughts.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:09 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 558, skitter30 wrote:i feel like he's asking questions for the sake of asking questions and that they're not really leading anywhere
Can you cite examples of this? Because I lean toward town on him and don't really agree with this assessment.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:21 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 284, skitter30 wrote:i'm not really vibing the ydra wagon, and i'm not much liking roden either
i forgot about this, skitter can you explain what you meant here? "not much liking roden" = you not liking the wagon, or you thinking roden is scummy?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:36 pm

Post by skitter30 »

Spoiler:
In post 33, humaneatingmonkey wrote:whats scum enchant like
In post 37, humaneatingmonkey wrote:ydrasse didn't you soulread enchant our last game? what's scum!enchant like?
In post 146, humaneatingmonkey wrote:how do you define a tunnel andante
@cat i didn't like questions liek these

i also disliked: his vote-hopping; interactions with prism; and case on andante
even now i don't really get his umlaut read
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:37 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 561, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 284, skitter30 wrote:i'm not really vibing the ydra wagon, and i'm not much liking roden either
i forgot about this, skitter can you explain what you meant here? "not much liking roden" = you not liking the wagon, or you thinking roden is scummy?
the latter, at the time (i.e. i liked later posts of his)
Show
Hiatus once more.

Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:25 pm

Post by Roden »

I think I'm more confident on my Yeet scum read than my Fire bomb read at this point. I'm glad my crackpot theory generated content, but the amount of people who agree with it is giving me cold feet since I'm not often right about associative tells.

I do think Fire sounds better tonally than before. Somebody mentioned they sound a bit careful, and I do agree there. I think a better word might be "composed" though, idk I think if I actually just called out a game winning solve like that and people started agreeing with that, I think there would be more of an underlying panic in their posts. But I'm not seeing that, so I'm not so sure anymore.

Besides that, I think I can comfortably townlock Catboi now. And I'm getting the feeling that HEM is likely scum here. But I'm curious if he knows why I've scum read him now.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:26 pm

Post by Roden »

I'd vote Yeet but I don't know the current VC.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:27 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 564, Roden wrote:Besides that, I think I can comfortably townlock Catboi now. And I'm getting the feeling that HEM is likely scum here. But I'm curious if he knows why I've scum read him now.
why town on catboi?
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:32 pm

Post by Yeet »

Can we vote monkey then if so many people want to kill monkey?
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:52 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 376, catboi wrote:
In post 374, Roden wrote:
In post 369, skitter30 wrote:
In post 365, Roden wrote:Kinda have a gut feeling that Fire is the venge bomb, or I guess Alpha Zombie with this flavor
What's giving u thay vibe? Or at least, why alpha zombie specifically?
It's very angle shooty. Replace out after going VLA pings me. The slot was already getting scum read but wasn't going to be around to defend themself. If town or a Goon then it would be just be whatever, the wagon would probably dissipate anyway. But if you're the game ending role there's going to be a sense of responsibility and pressure to play well enough to not auto lose Day 1. So replacing out makes sense if you don't want to feel like you're letting your team down.

Yeet's read on the slot also feels off. They're hard defending them on very little, but Fire is hard scum reading them back. It's a weird interaction that makes me think it's just damage control to give Fire better standing among the potential elim choices for the day. Yeet cuts off the Fire wagon before it can stabilize and starts taking the heat instead by making odd/chaotic posts. But because Fire is one of the first players voting Yeet and cased them early, it won't look bad for Fire in the case of a red Yeet flip. It would be reasonable to say Yeet is just trying to pocket Fire in that case.

Yes, this assumes a lot and I'm seeing associatives/pre-flipping two people way too early. But their interactions don't feel natural. Fire's case on Yeet comes out too hard and too fast, and Yeet isn't reacting to any of it and is just repeating "Fire town" over and over.
Okay fine, towny post
Being the first one to say this is +town.
In post 394, catboi wrote:VOTE: Yeet

I don't really care, why did you think that, even if momentarily, and why did you move on from it?
Not letting Yeet dodge the question here shows a solvey mindset.
In post 556, catboi wrote:For the last time, I am not demotivated this game, or feigning it. I have been intentionally reserved but that's not the same thing.
I just don't think scum makes this post.
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:00 pm

Post by Yeet »

fire roden Andante umlaut
skitter Ari
catboi Ydrasse
Enchant
monkey
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:01 pm

Post by Yeet »

actually skitter middle tier I guess
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:44 pm

Post by Andante »

sorry for my lack of... being here.. uhh should be back to regularly scheduled Andante content wednesday. but nothing can convince me fire is town, reading posts, fire doesn't even look towny to me, and bella looked scummy, so I want to vote here and only here
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:43 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 568, Roden wrote:
In post 376, catboi wrote:
In post 374, Roden wrote:
In post 369, skitter30 wrote:
In post 365, Roden wrote:Kinda have a gut feeling that Fire is the venge bomb, or I guess Alpha Zombie with this flavor
What's giving u thay vibe? Or at least, why alpha zombie specifically?
It's very angle shooty. Replace out after going VLA pings me. The slot was already getting scum read but wasn't going to be around to defend themself. If town or a Goon then it would be just be whatever, the wagon would probably dissipate anyway. But if you're the game ending role there's going to be a sense of responsibility and pressure to play well enough to not auto lose Day 1. So replacing out makes sense if you don't want to feel like you're letting your team down.

Yeet's read on the slot also feels off. They're hard defending them on very little, but Fire is hard scum reading them back. It's a weird interaction that makes me think it's just damage control to give Fire better standing among the potential elim choices for the day. Yeet cuts off the Fire wagon before it can stabilize and starts taking the heat instead by making odd/chaotic posts. But because Fire is one of the first players voting Yeet and cased them early, it won't look bad for Fire in the case of a red Yeet flip. It would be reasonable to say Yeet is just trying to pocket Fire in that case.

Yes, this assumes a lot and I'm seeing associatives/pre-flipping two people way too early. But their interactions don't feel natural. Fire's case on Yeet comes out too hard and too fast, and Yeet isn't reacting to any of it and is just repeating "Fire town" over and over.
Okay fine, towny post
Being the first one to say this is +town.
In post 394, catboi wrote:VOTE: Yeet

I don't really care, why did you think that, even if momentarily, and why did you move on from it?
Not letting Yeet dodge the question here shows a solvey mindset.
In post 556, catboi wrote:For the last time, I am not demotivated this game, or feigning it. I have been intentionally reserved but that's not the same thing.
I just don't think scum makes this post.

1. There's no reason why S!catboi wouldn't say that about your post if he thinks it is Townie - he also does not support your conclusion and vote for Fire but he didn't express why at the time.

2. If Yeet is town and Fire is a Bomb then he has every reason to push one end of the pair and not the other - flipping yeet!town would protect fire!bomb

3. I don't think you have any basis for your third point, you'd have to explain it to me clearer why scum!him doesn't make such a post.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:00 pm

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

In post 493, catboi wrote:
In post 478, humaneatingmonkey wrote:nah i dont buy umlaut's progression
In post 436, humaneatingmonkey wrote:umlaut in his first post makes a big deal about me being having pings on me being scum, and then stays on his Yeet vote because "he's ridiculous". yeet wasn't that too ridiculous and this could be scum tmi'ing each other.
then umlaut joins ydrasse's wagon, sweeping catboi on his gutread. then he soft-defends yeet.

what's he doing?
This is a summary of his actions, but why does any of it particularly point to him being scum? I think his posts so far are fine. Entirely in line with what I've seen of his town play.
the progression doesn't make sense

he shades me slot, but stays on his RVS vote for a non-reason and later sheeps a gutread and now he's still now doing anything.

why people think this is town is bonkers
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:01 pm

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

In post 495, Umlaut wrote:I think HEM has seen me play much better than this so I can imagine them scumreading me for not meeting that standard; sadly my willingness to effort has been pretty lacking lately (check out, like, every one of my games played this year for comparison)
guilty

Return to “Completed Open Games”