Goon
Goon

Post Post #2500 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:57 am

Post by angela »

In post 2492, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 2490, angela wrote:
In post 2486, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 2483, angela wrote:it’s frame or town roleblocker which seems unlikely
It isn't a frame. Because it wouldn't frame.
Town roleblocker does seem unlikely, do you see why I think it was a bus.

Or at least if you try to pretend to be in my state of mind where I think it's not a frame, ignoring that you disagree, do you see why I think it's too awkward and that a bus attempt is likely. If not by you, than someone else but I think personally you are much more likely than others.
no i do not see as it would not make any sense based on play
How so
because everything i’ve done has been openly in service of town and sure i’ve played terribly here and i ruined day one but it doesn’t feel like there is anything i have done that you think is actually mafia indicative rather that you just want to plant the thought in people’s minds
love goes on like birdsong as soon as possible after a bomb

how to be like somebody else
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #2501 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:59 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 2498, angela wrote:
In post 2493, JacksonVirgo wrote:I think you're too close minded to peer into an opposing perspective regarding requesting you to look into my own perspective, especially when it's against yourself, which is fine I guess it's not easy.
i think it would be more likely my inability to do so rather than ‘close-mindedness’

as i am me and if i could be not me i would happily

hence the lyric quoted in my signature
Close-minded as I define it is probably not as you would define, I just define it as the inability to warp your mind into situations you are not nor even could be in. If you can warp your mind to actually be in the mind of someone that had an experience you cannot have even thought of etc.

Close-mindedness is almost a certain in everyone, if not certain. Just to a different degree than other's. What I said particular is that your particular part of close-mindedness seems to be to put yourself into a pure opposing perspective against yourself. That's all, not attempting to attack you as a person or anything.
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
angela
angela
Goon
angela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2502 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:01 am

Post by angela »

In post 2499, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 2497, angela wrote:1. only this would not have been strategic it would have been anti-win condition
2. no it doesn’t? like scorpious would need to remain alive for scorpious’s skill level to be beneficial to us i don’t get it
3. because they were already under pressure as you just said and because pooky had talked about the possibility of an ascetic and conveniently died in the night
1. It is most definitely not game-throwing, it would prop you into a higher position in the Town. Sacrificing a partner is not inherently game-throwing, nor is it even remotely when you consider the reason it would have happened if you are in fact scum here, which again I am not even willing to vote today I literally only just mentioned it.

2. Skill has almost nothing to do with it, you just replied to my additional addition of your earlier response not the main point.

3. It wouldn't have framed. Ascetic isn't a scum-particular role for starters, plus it wouldn't even have a chance of having you flip before them. It would have been much more beneficial to have a successful action N1 followed by the frame if they wanted to, which still very likely would not even work. I do not believe it to a frame, where you do. That's fine, I just disagree with you and my read on you is in association with that read.
1. i would not have done it here and think it would have been extremely negative expected value for me to have done so in this situation i do not know how else to say that

2. it once again feels like you are trying to ‘win’ our conversation not actually sort me or anything

3. right but why does your read ignore everything else?

JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2503 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:01 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 2500, angela wrote:

Or at least if you try to pretend to be in my state of mind where I think it's not a frame, ignoring that you disagree, do you see why I think it's too awkward and that a bus attempt is likely. If not by you, than someone else but I think personally you are much more likely than others.
How so
because everything i’ve done has been openly in service of town and sure i’ve played terribly here and i ruined day one but it doesn’t feel like there is anything i have done that you think is actually mafia indicative rather that you just want to plant the thought in people’s minds
You claim that, but good scum also do that just in a way that also benefits themselves. Which a bus would also mean, getting scum killed is pro-town but also will get a bussing town to be raised high which is pro-scum.

Pro-Town and Pro-Scum can both occur by the same action.

If you are Town, I don't think you've played terribly, I just have a different perspective than most it seems. If anything it's me playing terribly, assuming you are real. You got scum dead, I fail to see how that's a failure.

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2504 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:03 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 2502, angela wrote:
In post 2497, angela wrote:1. only this would not have been strategic it would have been anti-win condition
2. no it doesn’t? like scorpious would need to remain alive for scorpious’s skill level to be beneficial to us i don’t get it
3. because they were already under pressure as you just said and because pooky had talked about the possibility of an ascetic and conveniently died in the night
1. It is most definitely not game-throwing, it would prop you into a higher position in the Town. Sacrificing a partner is not inherently game-throwing, nor is it even remotely when you consider the reason it would have happened if you are in fact scum here, which again I am not even willing to vote today I literally only just mentioned it.

2. Skill has almost nothing to do with it, you just replied to my additional addition of your earlier response not the main point.

3. It wouldn't have framed. Ascetic isn't a scum-particular role for starters, plus it wouldn't even have a chance of having you flip before them. It would have been much more beneficial to have a successful action N1 followed by the frame if they wanted to, which still very likely would not even work. I do not believe it to a frame, where you do. That's fine, I just disagree with you and my read on you is in association with that read.
1. i would not have done it here and think it would have been extremely negative expected value for me to have done so in this situation i do not know how else to say that

2. it once again feels like you are trying to ‘win’ our conversation not actually sort me or anything

1. Whether or not you would have done it here has no real bearing as you'd say the same thing as scum. This is a fair response I wont really add anything onto this.

2. I get like that, people tend to hate me for that aha :p

3. What is my read ignoring

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2505 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:04 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

I would also like to add that it is not you specifically singled out by my logic, I just think you to be the most likely.

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2506 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:05 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 2505, JacksonVirgo wrote:I would also like to add that it is not you specifically singled out by my logic, I just think you to be the most likely if this were the case and it was an agenda

wiki // GTKAS
angela
angela
Goon
angela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2507 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:05 am

Post by angela »

In post 2503, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 2500, angela wrote:

How so
You claim that, but good scum also do that just in a way that also benefits themselves. Which a bus would also mean, getting scum killed is pro-town but also will get a bussing town to be raised high which is pro-scum.

Pro-Town and Pro-Scum can both occur by the same action.

If you are Town, I don't think you've played terribly, I just have a different perspective than most it seems. If anything it's me playing terribly, assuming you are real. You got scum dead, I fail to see how that's a failure.
i had a good read day one and failed to eliminate scorpious then despite thinking they were most likely mafia and instead i steered the ship off a cliff into a miselimination

and if we had extra elimination here game would feel likely solved

thus yes i played terribly despite having a good read

angela
angela
Goon
angela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2508 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:10 am

Post by angela »

In post 2504, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 2502, angela wrote:

1. Whether or not you would have done it here has no real bearing as you'd say the same thing as scum. This is a fair response I wont really add anything onto this.

2. I get like that, people tend to hate me for that aha :p

3. What is my read ignoring
3. my play mostly and the possibility that it was a frame as your reasoning for it not to be seems not really based in this game like it seems like it’s not accounting for the information we have here to me

JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2509 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:21 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 2508, angela wrote:3. my play mostly and the possibility that it was a frame as your reasoning for it not to be seems not really based in this game like it seems like it’s not accounting for the information we have here to me
I acknowledge the possibility of a frame, but I do not think it's likely as I personally think it'd be too foolish to have been done as a frame. For what it's worth, I think you are Town now from your statement about me wanting to "win" this which I don't see coming from scum.

What I still think is that they did not have no action for a specific reason and that isn't for a frame. I will look into the situation surrounding them failing to check you to see interactions with this fresh in my headspace.

wiki // GTKAS
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #2510 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:21 am

Post by Greeting »

Votecount 3.1
Alicia Keys - Girl on Fire
(2012)

Commentary: I've heard a parody of this song before the actual song. The parody was so cringey, I'd rather die than share it. No, I'm not being overly dramatic.

MalcolmTucker
(1):
Save The Dragons

Save The Dragons
(1):
Andresvmb

Not Voting
(8):
geraintm
Enchant
Rathe
Andante
angela
Nero Cain

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to eliminate.

Day 3
ends in: (expired on 2022-04-14 17:40:00)
ended early.
Last edited by Greeting on Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2511 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:29 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Spoiler:
In post 1421, Scorpious wrote:
In post 1419, angela wrote:why would you think you were blocked
because I sent you that message smh..
In post 1454, Scorpious wrote:Are there any scum role what would prevent them from getting a message with no interference?
In post 1511, Scorpious wrote:Well, again. My message explicitly said that me hammering was an accident. Which makes me feel like I was blocked.

That’s my current conflict. Town Angela most undoubtedly has a comment on my message the minute D2 starts.

There are only two options here. She is lying, possible, or she never got it, which means I was blocked..

Neither though explain the blind acceptance of Kitty’s “case” on me .. and in turn the acceptance of town Kitty.

I don’t see anything from Kitty that screams town, unless Again, could be a TMI case
In post 1548, Scorpious wrote:
In post 1523, KittyTacky wrote:
In post 1393, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 1386, angela wrote:
In post 1383, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 1380, angela wrote:
In post 1378, Andresvmb wrote:Either the role is accurate, or they’ve engaged in the dumbest fake claim ever. I don’t necessarily think Scorpious is the best player in the game. But do you really think they boxed themselves into a situation where they had to send a message and didn’t have the capability to do so? That just seems way too dumb.
you know they could just be trying to frame me, the recipient, right?
C’mon this is absurd. They frame you, you flip Town, they get executed next most likely. They do not set it up that way in advance. Which is what you’re arguing. They had to claim mailman under pressure in D1. Like this is clearly not a strategy to win the game. Where’s your skepticism?
they have already bought an extra day from the claim due to my brain worms

why would you think mafia trying to buy a second extra day

would not be beneficial to the mafia?
Sigh. Scum don’t buy extra days in this way c’mon. There’s absolutely no guarantee at all that mailman as a claim buys you any additional time, because it’s so useless as a role in a vacuum. I have never seen it employed as a fake claim to save a Scum. It’s a useless role the vast majority of the time.
He once claimed bulletproof cop. I wouldn't put it past him to make bizarre claims.

Besides, angela has little reason to lie about a mailman message if she is scum either! Because she will just get killed the next day is Scorp is town. And angela is way more townie to me than Scorp. I'm parked on Scorp still.
VOTE: Kitty

You are not scum hunting an any way. You're cases on me is ahem: My reaction to your over reaction and a calim I made in a past game. And you have specifically stated you have no plans to hunt any further..

Who's my team then?

let's expand ourselves a little,enough of this TMI crap.

These, to me, conclude that

1. Ascetic was likely not in the eyes of Scorpious when they did this.
2. That they didn't in particular want you dead, as they switched to Kitty fairly easily so it wasn't to frame.
In post 1522, Scorpious wrote:I do have to say, from someone that is scum read every game, and rarely has anything really listened to.

I don’t know how to feel that Andres and Malcom are agreeing with me so freely.. I’m not used to it..
This post in particular I found in their ISO, makes me give andres/malcom +town points. I don't think scum!them would throw them into the dirt like this. At the very least, not together.

wiki // GTKAS
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2512 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:07 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 2472, angela wrote:also kinda think a partial massclaim amongst

jacksonvirgo, malcolmtucker, andresvmb, nero cain and save the dragons

might make sense here
I have you as Town and all that for sure, but for the record, I’m not claiming, and I don’t think I should be in your POE. I’m kind of surprised you actually have me amongst the remaining names to be honest.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2513 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:11 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 2440, Andresvmb wrote:I’m happy with an execution amongst {Save The Dragons, JacksonVirgo} today. I think MalcolmTucker could also be Scum.

I’m never voting geraintm, angela, or Rathe. Nero Cain is probably fine, and I’m not going to push Enchant today either. If I’m wrong, I’ll re-evaluate tomorrow maybe. But I don’t see why we would do anything else quite frankly.
Aw, i like some of your reads. I agree Angela is very, very likely town, if this was all a plan between them after the Kitty message then they deserve the win for the acting. I'm not as sold on Rathe as you. I think i am going to put you in the town pile too with Angela, i like you :)
In post 2444, Save The Dragons wrote:VOTE: malcolmtucker
? you are going to need to explain this. Right now between you pushing me yesterday and the swerve off you Day1 i have you pretty close to the top of my suspicious list
In post 2447, Enchant wrote:Probably i should be pissed if you really can take me vigging Friendly Neibor as truth.
so you are retracting your claim? Wish you hadnt, we just dont need confusion, it doesnt help us

i don't understand set ups to understand a traitor/mailman discussion. i am going to stay well away from it
In post 2462, MalcolmTucker wrote:
Apologies to Geraint for my continual suspicion - pretty much confirmed town at this point I'd say.
i am expecting to die tonight.

the angela/jackson chat....just going to wait until tomorrow to see what all that is about.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2514 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:15 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 2460, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 2456, Enchant wrote:I saw game with two traitors, it was for certain NOT weak.
Traitor is generally 0.5 mafia. It's *usually* added where adding another scum is too strong, yet omitting it is too weak. So I don't think it's "weakening" the mafia by any means if it exists
Didn’t the game with 2 traitors have 4 total Scum? Isn’t that the game that was lost in 3 consecutive mis-executions? That game was also passed as Normal with the higher number of Scum because 2 of them were Traitors, and the Town were informed about the unusual number of Scum. What I argued was that assuming 3 Scum here, since we know the Town had a Friendly Neighbor, and one of the Scum PRs is a mailman only, I would be surprised if there was a Traitor as it probably makes the Scum too weak and the game unbalanced in favor of the Town. And how does it help the Scum to be able to send messages via a mailman to a potential Traitor anyway? Unless the Traitor is also a Mailman? But then why have that mechanic? Outside of maybe making it harder to coordinate during the day, the whole idea for there being a Traitor is that the main Scum don’t know who else is in their Team and they have to be on the lookout. If they can only send messages in one direction, then if they’re wrong, they could out themselves, and if they can communicate with a Traitor who is also a Mailman, then what’s the point? You might as well make them all main Scum and avoid the gimmick.
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: idk she it me

Post Post #2515 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:17 am

Post by shiki »

In post 2512, Andresvmb wrote:

might make sense here
I have you as Town and all that for sure, but for the record, I’m not claiming, and I don’t think I should be in your POE. I’m kind of surprised you actually have me amongst the remaining names to be honest.
hm, i guess i kinda feel like claim does more potential good towards solidifying poe than it could cause potential harm here

your angle at some points early in day two felt kinda off and potentially partnery to me as i said at the time and then turn towards town reading scorpious and such as day went on
feel free to delete this ghost
angela
angela
Goon
angela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2516 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:17 am

Post by angela »

In post 2515, shiki wrote:

might make sense here
hm, i guess i kinda feel like claim does more potential good towards solidifying poe than it could cause potential harm here

your angle at some points early in day two felt kinda off and potentially partnery to me as i said at the time and then turn towards town reading scorpious and such as day went on
sigh sorry it me

Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2517 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:19 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 2515, shiki wrote:

might make sense here

Yeah but then you’re ignoring my D1 completely and that doesn’t make sense to me. I was Scorpious’ main focus, and I was aggressive in my pursuit and landed back there almost towards the end of the day when I was trying to avoid a Not_Mafia execution. If you think them harping about my Town % was staged, you could make that argument, but I certainly am not going to let you just paper over all of that by looking at my D2 only.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2518 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:20 am

Post by Andresvmb »

Like if you want to argue against JacksonVirgo by saying that your push against Scorpious was negative EV and you wouldn’t do that as Scum (and I agree), certainly you should apply some of that same logic to me then. Because it’s not like I was defending Scorpious early in the day and I did come out pretty strongly against them even before they returned the favor.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2519 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:21 am

Post by Andresvmb »

^in D1.
angela
angela
Goon
angela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2520 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:21 am

Post by angela »

In post 2517, Andresvmb wrote:Yeah but then you’re ignoring my D1 completely and that doesn’t make sense to me. I was Scorpious’ main focus, and I was aggressive in my pursuit and landed back there almost towards the end of the day when I was trying to avoid a Not_Mafia execution. If you think them harping about my Town % was staged, you could make that argument, but I certainly am not going to let you just paper over all of that by looking at my D2 only.
i am not ignoring it is just that there is heavy weight on the otherside, it's not that i think you are most likely remaining mafia right now or anything, probably 5th or 6th most likely,

and kittytacky also suspected you and am giving weight to their considerations as well

angela
angela
Goon
angela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2521 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:22 am

Post by angela »

In post 2518, Andresvmb wrote:Like if you want to argue against JacksonVirgo by saying that your push against Scorpious was negative EV and you wouldn’t do that as Scum (and I agree), certainly you should apply some of that same logic to me then. Because it’s not like I was defending Scorpious early in the day and I did come out pretty strongly against them even before they returned the favor.
right but then you swerved away from it and also like i said the interactions at beginning of day two felt plus partner to me,

i do definitely need to reread once again and see how i feel, but there have been things i noted regarding your slot

Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2522 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:23 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 2520, angela wrote:
In post 2517, Andresvmb wrote:Yeah but then you’re ignoring my D1 completely and that doesn’t make sense to me. I was Scorpious’ main focus, and I was aggressive in my pursuit and landed back there almost towards the end of the day when I was trying to avoid a Not_Mafia execution. If you think them harping about my Town % was staged, you could make that argument, but I certainly am not going to let you just paper over all of that by looking at my D2 only.
i am not ignoring it is just that there is heavy weight on the otherside, it's not that i think you are most likely remaining mafia right now or anything, probably 5th or 6th most likely,

and kittytacky also suspected you and am giving weight to their considerations as well
KittyTacky said that JV should be executed if Scorpious flips Scum. That was their main consideration if I’m reading some of the posts at the end of D2 correctly. I also think STD looks quite poor after D1 and how all of that went down (Scorpious being the main focus, and the Scum needing an alternative, momentum was there to execute STD and it didn’t happen, which means that we need to think about that).
angela
angela
Goon
angela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2523 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:23 am

Post by angela »

In post 2520, angela wrote:probably 5th or 6th most likely,
hm, well, idk actually trying to order the further down ones feels very difficult to me

angela
angela
Goon
angela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2524 (ISO) » Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:26 am

Post by angela »

In post 2522, Andresvmb wrote:KittyTacky said that JV should be executed if Scorpious flips Scum. That was their main consideration if I’m reading some of the posts at the end of D2 correctly. I also think STD looks quite poor after D1 and how all of that went down (Scorpious being the main focus, and the Scum needing an alternative, momentum was there to execute STD and it didn’t happen, which means that we need to think about that).
i mean, i currently think jacksonvirgo is one of the very most likely mafias, and save the dragons was also on that list along with you, and have been thinking about this though maybe not aloud as of yet as i wanted to look back through save the dragon posts and see, though they are sparse enough where it is like, trying to connect things very difficult and i guess i would like save the dragons to come through here and just put a lot of words to how they are viewing the game right now and such

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”