geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2800 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:47 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 151, geraintm wrote:well, Not Mafia certainly makes the game different. But i am 100% sure we shall be able to work out their alignment sooner rather than later so i am not going to worry about them.

VOTE: nero cain
This was me saying straight up I was going to check not mafia night 1.
I can't ever eead them so thought it was a good place to start
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2801 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:49 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 151, geraintm wrote:well, Not Mafia certainly makes the game different. But i am 100% sure we shall be able to work out their alignment sooner rather than later so i am not going to worry about them.

In post 1289, geraintm wrote:I think that is a hammer?
That was a weird quick wagon that formed
This is post hammer, and me saying I didn't like the wagon that formed off save thr dragon and I would want to look there overnight
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2802 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:50 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 1536, geraintm wrote:
In post 1468, Andresvmb wrote:You know why this is important right? The options for executions yesterday if we’re being honest for a second were {geraintm, Scorpious, Save The Dragons, Not_Mafia}. Not_Mafia was ultimately executed and flipped Town, and there was some visible resistance to executing Save The Dragons. Scorpious is the easiest choice for mis-execution amongst the players that gathered multiple votes yesterday, if they’re actually Town.

I think angela’s conviction that Kitty is Town is also just completely bizarre. Maybe you could say that you think Kitty is Lean Town or something an explain why. But can anyone tell me why there’s so much conviction behind that read? I don’t get that at all. I certainly don’t agree with it.
ive been catching up, and this is the 1st mention of me today in 6 pages.

mailman - something feels off if scum used a block on that. Town has already discussed that mailman isn't a certain town role so why do it?

regarding the above, i do like the line "some visible resistance to executing Save The Dragons" - it certainly felt like that to me. will come back to this when i look at votes.

anyone who is strongly town reading anyone (or strongly scum reading someone) i am assuming has some extra info right now, because Day 1 didn't feel like anyone should come out of it with my town credit.

I am on the side of Angela btw, i don't think Scorpious was roleblocked.
In post 1495, Rathe wrote:also the pooky kill seems like a scared kill not strategic
never make guesses about why scum killed who, it will always be wrong or right for the wrong reasons
In post 1529, Galron wrote:VOTE: angela

this seems odd. i am currently leaning town on Angela, so you to come in straight up with a vote like that needs some more explanation than you have so far given.
I was blocked night one, so all thr conversation about scorpious being blocked rang untrue to me, because it would require 2 blockers
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2803 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:51 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 1468, Andresvmb wrote:You know why this is important right? The options for executions yesterday if we’re being honest for a second were {geraintm, Scorpious, Save The Dragons, Not_Mafia}. Not_Mafia was ultimately executed and flipped Town, and there was some visible resistance to executing Save The Dragons. Scorpious is the easiest choice for mis-execution amongst the players that gathered multiple votes yesterday, if they’re actually Town.

I think angela’s conviction that Kitty is Town is also just completely bizarre. Maybe you could say that you think Kitty is Lean Town or something an explain why. But can anyone tell me why there’s so much conviction behind that read? I don’t get that at all. I certainly don’t agree with it.

mailman - something feels off if scum used a block on that. Town has already discussed that mailman isn't a certain town role so why do it?

regarding the above, i do like the line "some visible resistance to executing Save The Dragons" - it certainly felt like that to me. will come back to this when i look at votes.

anyone who is strongly town reading anyone (or strongly scum reading someone) i am assuming has some extra info right now, because Day 1 didn't feel like anyone should come out of it with my town credit.

In post 1495, Rathe wrote:also the pooky kill seems like a scared kill not strategic
never make guesses about why scum killed who, it will always be wrong or right for the wrong reasons

this seems odd. i am currently leaning town on Angela, so you to come in straight up with a vote like that needs some more explanation than you have so far given.
In post 1922, geraintm wrote:
In post 1916, KittyTacky wrote:I don't understand the Malcolm wagon, Malcolm isn't scummy at all to me, it's between STD and Scorp today.

Also I'm sick so might not be very active.
Agree that Save the Dragon has looked suspicious ever since yesterday, but i'd much rather the scorpious wagon and revisit STD at a later stage
Revisit Save the dragon
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2804 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:52 am

Post by geraintm »

Argh! That didn't work, try again
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2805 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:53 am

Post by geraintm »

This is me saying I plan to visit not mafia night 1, as I can never read them
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2806 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:53 am

Post by geraintm »

This was post hammer, saving I found the wagon that formed away from save the dragon weird and I would check it out
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2807 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:54 am

Post by geraintm »

As I was blocked, I was suspicious of there being 2 blockers in the game, why I never believed scorpious and their "Mt message never came through"
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2808 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:56 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 1922, geraintm wrote:
In post 1916, KittyTacky wrote:I don't understand the Malcolm wagon, Malcolm isn't scummy at all to me, it's between STD and Scorp today.

Also I'm sick so might not be very active.
Agree that Save the Dragon has looked suspicious ever since yesterday, but i'd much rather the scorpious wagon and revisit STD at a later stage
I am literally saying here I will revisit Save the dragon at some point
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2809 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:58 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 2428, geraintm wrote:I don't know what to make of enchants post at all.

But I have spent the last two days laughing because we somehow caught scorpious who had not lied about their role.
No wonder they were passed :)
This os me in thread telling g Enchant off because I know they didn't do what they had just claimed
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2810 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:01 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 2547, geraintm wrote:I don't think mass claim is the way forward, andni certainly don't think anders needs to.
Wish angela would focus their attention off anders, i have the pair of you 1st and second in my town pile- right now I have save the day at the top of my most suspicious list and i will, when I have time tomorrow, go back and loom at the votes on wagons now we ha e the extra info of scorpious being scum. Bed now though
This post may not have made a whole lot of sense at the time, but if I ever got nightlilled it should have cleared Anders who am literally saying is more likely to be town than angela
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2811 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:03 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 2650, geraintm wrote:Isn't Jackson in the game? I don't see them.in the list of 7 players?
This was me being really confused, as I had just got a green result on them and they weren't in the vote list
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2812 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:03 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 2656, geraintm wrote:
In post 2651, Greeting wrote:
In post 2650, geraintm wrote:Isn't Jackson in the game? I don't see them.in the list of 7 players?
This has been corrected.
Thanks, I was surprised and very confused when I couldn't see them :)
I want them around
I want them around, well as they are green that is why
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2813 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:05 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 2657, geraintm wrote:Me, andres and Jackson clear.
Angela 99% clear

Malcolm is not clear to me
This was "if I get killed this is where I have stuck all my results" post.

I am glad that scum didn't think I was a cop, but I hope that if I did die at any stage I left enough hints about my results to clear a bunch of people.

Are these posts helpful for people to believe my claim as cop?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #2814 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:13 am

Post by Greeting »

Votecount 4.2
Drake feat. Majid Jordan - Hold On, We're Going Home
(2013)

Commentary: My favourite song by Drake. Probably because it's not really a rap song at all. Why is the MV so dark for such a chill song though?

MalcolmTucker
(2):
Rathe
Nero Cain

Not Voting
(5):
geraintm
MalcolmTucker
Andresvmb
angela
JacksonVirgo

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to eliminate.

Day 4
ends in: (expired on 2022-04-17 23:25:00)
ended early.
Last edited by Greeting on Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2815 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:00 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 2731, Rathe wrote:VOTE: malcolmtucker
I plan to check Rathe tonight, because they seemed most eager to end today
angela
angela
Goon
angela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2816 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:07 am

Post by angela »

In post 2791, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 2771, JacksonVirgo wrote:Like hell am I just going to give a player faith that they are Town
angela’s claim is actually weird. A N1/2/3 Tracker? What kind of gating is that?
i do not know why it is designed that way

but i can say with certainty that that is my role
love goes on like birdsong as soon as possible after a bomb

how to be like somebody else
angela
angela
Goon
angela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2817 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:12 am

Post by angela »

VOTE: malcolmtucker

e-1

geraintm is going to check rathe, things remain as outlined to me

MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2818 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:29 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 2797, MalcolmTucker wrote:I've gone through Nero and Rathe's ISOs a bit to try and see where we're at but feeling a bit stumped - I think both could potentially be mafia, but I'd struggle to make a committed push for either of them in particularly good faith for reasons that also potentially couldn't apply to me to an extent, especially with Rathe.

Re Rathe - STD continually pushed them but it was a push that never really went either and could have been constructed to create a bit of distance. But, like me, Rathe did vote for STD a point in D1 when I'm not sure it was consistent for them to do so.

Nero has been suspiciously quiet since D1. On D1 they pushed Scorpious a decent bit but then defaulted to NM, and they haven't voted for an elimination since. A record of eliminating townie over mafia, followed by two non-votes on mafia players, is not a good look. But if we weren't unsure I'd be more likely to say they're town based on their Scorpious push.

Personally I really do not think I look mafia re the STD push. I was pretty consistent on calling them out from D1 - I noted that the push on Rathe was fake and that they weren't offering particularly genuine contributions to the game in a way that would have been town. No reason Nero couldn't be partnered with them, I don't think, it's just the Scorpious link that makes me a bit morew unsure.

So as I say I think I look really town here, but I'd also struggle to properly push for an elimination of either Rathe or Nero without some proper further discussion. I struggle to see Geraint/Angela as liars in this scenario or Andre as mafia given early exchanges with Scorpious. I may be your best elimination here but can assure you it's most definitely not going to be end of game, and I think you're maybe best taking some time before getting rid of me to deduce who is your best target for D4 on how they've approached me. I think anyone pushing for an immediate and quick elimination when we have lots of time is suspect if not already cleared.
In post 2798, MalcolmTucker wrote:Re how I've played on STD - I called out their push on Rathe being fairly weak and inconsistent in and . In I further detailed why I believed this push wasn't particularly genuine and felt like it could be coming from mafia. At this point in the game, if I remember correctly, STD had been kinda quiet and wasn't under too much suspicion. I don't think there's much benefit in mafia continually going after a partner here.

In I pointed out that STD was deflecting away from my line of enquiry instead of just engaging with it naturally, and I stated this again in and . Again I think mafia here if they're trying to manufacture an argument just sort of lets this go instead of continually pushing it. Likewise in I pointed out to STD whether they should perhaps evaluate their suspicion for Rathe given nobody else was interested, again I got the sense this wasn't a genuine SR but instead just mafia going through the motions.

In I voted for STD instead of NM at a point when either of them could have gone out, and when I was going to be offline for the rest of D1. I believe the votes were about split at that point. Again, not what mafia does in this situation.

In I pointed out that Pooky had suspected STD a bit before elimination and there was a potential link there. In I pointed out STD's reads were quite dull and could easily come from hesitant mafia.

Again in I pointed out STD was neglecting to push Rathe despite suspecting them, while STD voted for me instead. In I then laid out why I thought STD and Andante (now Jackson) might be teammates.

I get this could feasibly be two mafia distancing themselves from each other for late-game, we've not quite been at each other's throats in every second post, but does all of the above read like two teammates? Why was I continually pushing a relatively inactive teammate (hypothetically if you think I'm mafia?) when they were under minimal pressure. Why did I vote for them when the vote was evenly split and they could end up going out? Why did I go back into suspecting them again on D2?
Copying these over for anyone who missed them.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2819 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:30 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 2817, angela wrote:VOTE: malcolmtucker

e-1

geraintm is going to check rathe, things remain as outlined to me
Surely Geraint will likely be eliminated in the night though? Suppose you can track though, so eliminating me, checking Rathe and also checking Nero may be a reasonable course of action.
angela
angela
Goon
angela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2820 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:32 am

Post by angela »

In post 2819, MalcolmTucker wrote:Surely Geraint will likely be eliminated in the night though? Suppose you can track though, so eliminating me, checking Rathe and also checking Nero may be a reasonable course of action.
if geraintm is eliminated in the night it confirms the game to me, as only nero cain or rathe could possibly be mafia in that situation and we have two eliminations left after today

MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2821 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:34 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 2820, angela wrote:
In post 2819, MalcolmTucker wrote:Surely Geraint will likely be eliminated in the night though? Suppose you can track though, so eliminating me, checking Rathe and also checking Nero may be a reasonable course of action.
if geraintm is eliminated in the night it confirms the game to me, as only nero cain or rathe could possibly be mafia in that situation and we have two eliminations left after today
Fair, all seems pretty foolproof. Would have liked to have been around for a town win provided there's not some major twist, but happy for you all to oust me if preferred and let the night actions do the talking. As I say, elimination on me, check on both Rathe and Nero should (hopefully) seal it. Don't think either of you two are lying, nor do I think Andre is.
angela
angela
Goon
angela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2822 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:35 am

Post by angela »

In post 2818, MalcolmTucker wrote:Copying these over for anyone who missed them.
i read them; sorry if feels unfair for you to be eliminated here, course of action already accounts for what if nero cain or rathe mafia and also what if geraintm untruthful

i guess you should probably claim as you and andresvmb are the only who haven't unless i somehow missed them

MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2823 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:37 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 2822, angela wrote:
In post 2818, MalcolmTucker wrote:Copying these over for anyone who missed them.
i read them; sorry if feels unfair for you to be eliminated here, course of action already accounts for what if nero cain or rathe mafia and also what if geraintm untruthful

i guess you should probably claim as you and andresvmb are the only who haven't unless i somehow missed them
No I completely get it! This strategy seems pretty solid if mafia is in me, Rathe or Nero - pretty much bound to find out the mafia overnight either way if you two do your checks.

I won't claim given I'm VT, and like I said I could make a stronger push on Rathe/Nero, but I'm not fully convinced enough on either to try and railroad a vote through when it might end up being counterproductive to our victory hopes.
angela
angela
Goon
angela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2824 (ISO) » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:37 am

Post by angela »

In post 2821, MalcolmTucker wrote:Fair, all seems pretty foolproof. Would have liked to have been around for a town win provided there's not some major twist, but happy for you all to oust me if preferred and let the night actions do the talking. As I say, elimination on me, check on both Rathe and Nero should (hopefully) seal it. Don't think either of you two are lying, nor do I think Andre is.
i do not have any checks left but is not necessary for me to anyway,

i am not lying,

andresvmb is confirmed by geraintm check

as either geraintm is truthful and andresvmb is green checked
or geraintm is untruthful and geraintm is mafia and andresvmb therefore cannot be
same as with jacksonvirgo
both are confirmed in all worlds
and i am town
and rest is accounted for

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”