Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:04 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

Ah now I know why it wasn't obvious... I made a mistake.
koopashell
koopashell
They/Them
Goon
koopashell
They/Them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:20 am

Post by koopashell »

In post 148, Malakittens wrote:Again not really seeing where I did a TMI on JV.

My thought process was as follows:

Get my role PM - see it’s green. Get excited because I’m not scum finally.
See the player list and realize that JV is in it.
Get excited because I’m finally playing as town instead of scum with JV there unlike the last two games we were in.

Gets scum read for said excitement.

#reck
[Unv][/unv]
I think NK15 has also been villagery on this page.
VOTE: Scorpious
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:28 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 146, Not Known 15 wrote:
In post 145, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 142, JacksonVirgo wrote:Confident in this vote.
How confident would you say you are? I think the Mala vote was very opportunistic but they've only made about four posts so far.
Oh really?
Why is voting obvious scum opportunistic?
Maybe it's my generally cautious approach to games early on but I rarely think anyone is "obvious" mafia early on, there's a case to be made from Mala but I'm far from convinced by any case arguing they're definitively scum at this point.

You've jumped into the game and pretty immediately tagged a vote onto the player currently under the most heat so far, if you end up sticking to your guns and really believe this then fair enough, but it'd be a convenient wagon for mafia to be on if Mala ends up being town, and at the very least allows you to look like you're pushing a suspected player if the wagon falls away a bit going forward.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:29 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 150, Not Known 15 wrote:Ah now I know why it wasn't obvious... I made a mistake.
Not completely getting what you missed originally re Mala, and why you've flipped here? The chain of events seemed pretty easy to follow re how they'd played and why they had come under pressure.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:30 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 152, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 146, Not Known 15 wrote:
In post 145, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 142, JacksonVirgo wrote:Confident in this vote.
How confident would you say you are? I think the Mala vote was very opportunistic but they've only made about four posts so far.
Oh really?
Why is voting obvious scum opportunistic?
Maybe it's my generally cautious approach to games early on but I rarely think anyone is "obvious" mafia early on, there's a case to be made from Mala but I'm far from convinced by any case arguing they're definitively scum at this point.

You've jumped into the game and pretty immediately tagged a vote onto the player currently under the most heat so far, if you end up sticking to your guns and really believe this then fair enough, but it'd be a convenient wagon for mafia to be on if Mala ends up being town, and at the very least allows you to look like you're pushing a suspected player if the wagon falls away a bit going forward.
I believed it until the recent mala post.
But yes I see where this is coming from.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:32 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 153, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 150, Not Known 15 wrote:Ah now I know why it wasn't obvious... I made a mistake.
Not completely getting what you missed originally re Mala, and why you've flipped here? The chain of events seemed pretty easy to follow re how they'd played and why they had come under pressure.
I missed that mala might have not meant being town with jv as both being town but rather as being town with jv present.
Something I saw when checking it after the last mala post before my unvote.
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:35 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 151, koopashell wrote:

Get excited because I’m finally playing as town instead of scum with JV there unlike the last two games we were in.

#reck
[Unv][/unv]
Are we still random voting?
"Would you like to know more?"

I am like a renaissance artist. People appreciate me more after I am dead

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

People always fear what they don't understand
koopashell
koopashell
They/Them
Goon
koopashell
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:37 am

Post by koopashell »

In post 156, Scorpious wrote:
In post 151, koopashell wrote:

#reck
[Unv][/unv]
Are we still random voting?
None of my votes have been random - I think you are trying to be UTR and want to draw you out - and you are in my current PoE.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:37 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 155, Not Known 15 wrote:
I missed that mala might have not meant being town with jv as both being town but rather as being town with jv present.
Fair enough, I'm just not seeing why this one detail would have made Mala go from "obvious" mafia so early on in the game to not being worthy of a vote?
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:42 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 158, MalcolmTucker wrote:
Fair enough, I'm just not seeing why this one detail would have made Mala go from "obvious" mafia so early on in the game to not being worthy of a vote?
Missing that detail makes it a near 100% scum slot.
With that detail and that, in hindsight, their progression makes sense under the other possibility, plus a slightly towny reply...
Facebones
Facebones
Goon
Facebones
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:43 am

Post by Facebones »

In post 128, Malakittens wrote:
In post 127, Flavor Leaf wrote:koopa prob town
I gotta agree

although there's posts I don't like, but overall it's got a tone feel

so gut says town
In post 137, Malakittens wrote:The most scummiest votes on my wagon is NK15 & koopa.
This has me confused, I'm curious as to your thought process between these. What changed your mind on koopa being prob town to one of the scummiest votes on your wagon in the subsequent 9 posts?
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not after me.
koopashell
koopashell
They/Them
Goon
koopashell
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:48 am

Post by koopashell »

Oh shit, good catch.
Yes actually - I believe an explaination is in order.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:53 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

Only explanation I can think of is Mala doesn't think Koopa's play in general is scummy but that the vote itself is.

But yeah major discrepancy, good spot.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:59 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 162, MalcolmTucker wrote:Only explanation I can think of is Mala doesn't think Koopa's play in general is scummy but that the vote itself is.

Why are you answering for mala instead of waiting for the reply?
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:08 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 88, koopashell wrote:
In post 75, Roden wrote:
In post 73, koopashell wrote:I don't see the correlation between self consciousness and wolfiness, unless you are saying Mala is normally *not* self conscious as villager.
Is that something you have seen success with using to read people on this site, Roden?
Idk who's alt you are but this post is skeeving me out for some reason

Last time I played with Mala, she rolled scum, and her day play felt very self conscious there as well, with a pinch of "I don't do X as scum"
I am an alt, in the sense I am not using the name normally associated with my main identity, but I am a stranger to this website.

Re:Mala; Could you say the same is absent from their town meta as well, because you have only opened up the possibility of this being their wolfgame based on this minor tell, but it is only useful if it is a polarized tell.
In post 95, koopashell wrote:I think letting mala breathe for now and keeping an eye on the slot is the right play here, fwiw.
In post 108, koopashell wrote:I think there is a decent chance of mala being wolf after the follow up response, but I will attempt to play the good cop.

Mala, could you provide at least, as a token of good faith and open show of your thought processes, an ordered list of the players and how you would rank them from more villagery(towny) to most wolfy? If you include a break in the list to indicate a "null line" that would also help immensely, thank you.
In post 114, koopashell wrote:
In post 111, Malakittens wrote:
In post 108, koopashell wrote:I think there is a decent chance of mala being wolf after the follow up response, but I will attempt to play the good cop.

Mala, could you provide at least, as a token of good faith and open show of your thought processes, an ordered list of the players and how you would rank them from more villagery(towny) to most wolfy? If you include a break in the list to indicate a "null line" that would also help immensely, thank you.
off page 4 -- i wont have solid reads and i seriously hate "forcing" reads this early on just b/c

early D1 i go by gut

majority of these players are new 2 me so i wont even have a decent read

the only ones i ahve played with ebfore are {FL, Roden, JV}
It's not forcing reads - it's ranking the players. It at least gives us a baseline into where you are thinking, with at least gut.

I'll grant you an incentive: VOTE: Mala
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:11 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 159, Not Known 15 wrote:
With that detail and that, in hindsight, their progression makes sense under the other possibility, plus a slightly towny reply...
Then obv you missed it even after my second post is my thought process just not outlined like my other post

BACKPEDAS
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.

Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:13 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 164, Malakittens wrote:
In post 88, koopashell wrote:
In post 75, Roden wrote:
In post 73, koopashell wrote:I don't see the correlation between self consciousness and wolfiness, unless you are saying Mala is normally *not* self conscious as villager.
Is that something you have seen success with using to read people on this site, Roden?
Idk who's alt you are but this post is skeeving me out for some reason

Last time I played with Mala, she rolled scum, and her day play felt very self conscious there as well, with a pinch of "I don't do X as scum"
I am an alt, in the sense I am not using the name normally associated with my main identity, but I am a stranger to this website.

Re:Mala; Could you say the same is absent from their town meta as well, because you have only opened up the possibility of this being their wolfgame based on this minor tell, but it is only useful if it is a polarized tell.
In post 95, koopashell wrote:I think letting mala breathe for now and keeping an eye on the slot is the right play here, fwiw.

In post 114, koopashell wrote:
In post 111, Malakittens wrote:

off page 4 -- i wont have solid reads and i seriously hate "forcing" reads this early on just b/c

early D1 i go by gut

majority of these players are new 2 me so i wont even have a decent read

the only ones i ahve played with ebfore are {FL, Roden, JV}
It's not forcing reads - it's ranking the players. It at least gives us a baseline into where you are thinking, with at least gut.

I'll grant you an incentive: VOTE: Mala
Please respond to the accusation in more detail.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:14 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 160, Facebones wrote:
In post 128, Malakittens wrote:
In post 127, Flavor Leaf wrote:koopa prob town
I gotta agree

although there's posts I don't like, but overall it's got a tone feel

so gut says town
In post 137, Malakittens wrote:The most scummiest votes on my wagon is NK15 & koopa.
This has me confused, I'm curious as to your thought process between these. What changed your mind on koopa being prob town to one of the scummiest votes on your wagon in the subsequent 9 posts?
This accusation.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:15 am

Post by Malakittens »

I didn’t like the trajectory.

Letting me breathe & then asking me to post a list on page 4 which I’m not comfortable with and then oppurnity jumping onto my wagon using pressure vote

Which is cool, but obv makes the commenting letting me breathe go to trash

Again just hated the trajectory on premises

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:18 am

Post by Malakittens »

Anyways I’m going to try to sleep

Won’t be back for a while

Fingers crossed if i can actually fall asleep

Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:20 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 165, Malakittens wrote:
In post 159, Not Known 15 wrote:
Then obv you missed it even after my second post is my thought process just not outlined like my other post

BACKPEDAS
I don't understand this post.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:34 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 163, Not Known 15 wrote:
In post 162, MalcolmTucker wrote:Only explanation I can think of is Mala doesn't think Koopa's play in general is scummy but that the vote itself is.

Why are you answering for mala instead of waiting for the reply?
I'm putting out a possible explanation as to why they could say that, they are of course welcome to clarify whether that is correct.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:37 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 168, Malakittens wrote:I didn’t like the trajectory.

Letting me breathe & then asking me to post a list on page 4 which I’m not comfortable with and then oppurnity jumping onto my wagon using pressure vote

My issue with posts like these is that they just read as basic deflection. You've been asked, quite reasonably, to explain a discrepancy re your reads on Koopa. That is a perfectly legitimate question. My only issue with a mafia read here is this feels incredibly anti-town and unadvisable in an early game for scum. But people are perfectly entitled to suspect you and sometimes being the player under pressure is just a natural aspect of the game.
koopashell
koopashell
They/Them
Goon
koopashell
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:55 am

Post by koopashell »

In post 168, Malakittens wrote:I didn’t like the trajectory.

My intent was to unvote as soon as you opened up your thought process a little. I probably should have said that but getting a ranked list is the easiest way for me to show my thoughts on the game quickly - your other response was also decently reasonable.

The breathe comment was before you said something "weird".
Regardless - we are starting to talk in circles about this - lets agree to drop it for now, I'm sure you'll be glad to.
koopashell
koopashell
They/Them
Goon
koopashell
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:57 am

Post by koopashell »

I think Facebones is a villager in all worlds I'm currently considering.
I'd like to poll peoples current thoughts on Scorpious if possible

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”