Takemikazuchi02
Takemikazuchi02 (1):
TTTT
abdbla (1):
furtiveglance

Not Voting (1):
ItalianoVD

With 9 alive, it's 5 to eliminate.

Deadline for Day 1 is April 24 at 6:00 PM EST.

Deadline Timer:
(expired on 2022-04-24 18:00:00)

Notes:
Asphodelus is V/LA from 4/16-4/18
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:50 pm

Post by BigTerp »

Sorry. Been a REALLY busy day. Prod dodge post, but I'll try and catch up tomorrow and will be much more active after the holiday tomorrow.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:35 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

TTTT and Val. Are opening Hi and Intro posts still considered newbscum in the newbie queue or has it moved past that meta yet? I haven’t played a newbie game in probably like 2 years.
Takemikazuchi02
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:04 pm

Post by Takemikazuchi02 »

Thinking saying hi at the beginning of a game is in any way alignment indicative is the dumbest thing I've heard on this website.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:40 pm

Post by Val89 »

In post 103, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:Thinking saying hi at the beginning of a game is in any way alignment indicative is the dumbest thing I've heard on this website.
If that was what was being said, I would agree, but it isn't. As it happens, I'm also not convinced the actual 'tell' - which from what I can work out is giving a generic greeting to
everyone
in the game, as per the first line of - has any value in actually helping sort the player to which it is intended to apply, but I did think it make sense in explaining the motivation of a theoretical town!TTTT's, since I
DO
think that TTTT/loopdan actually believes that. I was hoping someone else might come in and do the same, because it would have been interesting to see if TTTT would switch their vote as a result, or else how they would handle that.

I couldn't tell you the current status of that 'meta', if you want to call it that, ItalianoVD, and I don't personally think it has much value. I'm sure there was a reason I thought it worth getting out in thread after TTTT said it was a tonal read instead, but I forget what that reason is now - it was something I noted when I read through and I remember getting the barest of townleans on TTTT, and thinking T02 looked a little scummy from the subsequent reactions, but quickly skimming through again I forget why I thought that. I'll read through properly later; and I may either remember what it was, or end up somewhere different.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:26 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 103, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:Thinking saying hi at the beginning of a game is in any way alignment indicative is the dumbest thing I've heard on this website.
Exactly. I reserve the right to greet the game. Relying on these kind of 'tells' is lazy and allows scum to look busy for free just by bringing it up. I'd prefer to hear what people think about the actual game.
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:39 am

Post by BigTerp »

In post 46, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:
@Bigterp
This is my second ever forum and day start game. I have decent mafia experience but its in night start, pr heavy, non-forum formats.

The proper thing to do is answer the question then ask me in return. Why are you deflecting my question?
The same question was already asked by CornPuff and I answered in . No deflecting. If you really want an answer to your question, how'd you miss that it was already answered?
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:40 am

Post by BigTerp »

In post 47, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:I see TTTT asked the same question I did. Didn't notice it.
Fair enough.
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:43 am

Post by BigTerp »

In post 50, abdbla wrote:What's up with people shooting out up to five posts in a row? Seems like a long-form way of saying very little.
I feel the exact opposite. I feel like it's someone who is putting down their thoughts as they progress through the thread, especially if one comes back and there have been several posts or even pages of content to catch up on. Seems more of a genuine progression of thoughts and way more town like then Mafia like who I think would be more calculated with their posts.
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:50 am

Post by BigTerp »

I still have more than half the thread to catch up on. Won't get to it until later tonight or tomorrow morning at the latest though
CornPuffBuddha
CornPuffBuddha
he/him
Goon
CornPuffBuddha
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:16 am

Post by CornPuffBuddha »

In post 108, BigTerp wrote:
In post 50, abdbla wrote:What's up with people shooting out up to five posts in a row? Seems like a long-form way of saying very little.
I feel the exact opposite. I feel like it's someone who is putting down their thoughts as they progress through the thread, especially if one comes back and there have been several posts or even pages of content to catch up on. Seems more of a genuine progression of thoughts and way more town like then Mafia like who I think would be more calculated with their posts.
I do not think putting calculation into longer posts is alignment indicative.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:49 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 46, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:
@Bigterp
This is my second ever forum and day start game. I have decent mafia experience but its in night start, pr heavy, non-forum formats.

The proper thing to do is answer the question then ask me in return. Why are you deflecting my question?
This response is pretty fascinating. No, the proper thing to do is to answer your question first. See TTTT’s
In post 54, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:What's the point of putting Aspho at E-2 when she won't be here for the next two days to respond? And during RVS too.
While I somewhat agree here E2 is not E1 or hammer. Pressure is fine and there is always a point to everything. I also think RVS was long done by the time TTTT made his vote.
In post 60, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:Everyone can see what you're doing though so we're not gonna get good information out of this.
I was hoping you could elaborate more on this. Like what were you trying to convey with this comment. Or I should say what did you want the rest of us to get out of it?
In post 63, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:This too. If you want to put someone at E-2 to create discussion then voting for Italiano or Corn over someone who's V/LA is a no brainer.
Why did you pick me and Corn here. What stood out or didn’t stand out for that matter about both of us that made you feel pressure would have been good for either?
In post 72, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:How does that assume you're town? You could be just maf pretending to be doing pro-town things.
I facetiously responded to this, so I’ll give it a proper one.

You are right, actions or the lack thereof are not alignment indicative. I could be scum just going through the motions. I could be town that really hasn’t found a footing or gotten a hold in this game yet, however, it’s not for me to show that or not, it’s for you and others to figure it out.
In post 77, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:TTTT is probably just spewing any bullshit he can think of to get reactions. I don't like his attitude but its NAI.
Your response here shows me that it worked.
In post 90, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:You guys should take a look at game 2091 since half the players here played there and you may get an idea on our playstyles.
I’m happy you said this because I did check out that game and I gotta say that your tone from that game to this one is pretty seismic.
In post 98, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:You're making no sense italiano. Explain your thought process about me and corn clearly.
I said what I said as more of a joke. I do that just to see what people say about it. It’s a reaction test. And I know it’s one of those things that are pretty much impossible to answer without the person having a particular perception of you, but even subtle little cues can mean a lot. I’ll just keep your responses in mind for later. :)
I thought the same thing when I first came on this site, but then I saw it happen more times than I thought it should and I became somewhat of a believer. I have yet to use it myself, but I also don’t 100% disregard it.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:49 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

We have 7 days so I wanna focus on Take first. :)
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:09 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Italiano, you're being too mysterious for me. You said you were reaction checking Take with your strange jokes and implied that the reaction was suspicious, without really explaining why. 111 mostly explains your own behaviour rather than scumcasing Take.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:27 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 113, furtiveglance wrote:Italiano, you're being too mysterious for me. You said you were reaction checking Take with your strange jokes and implied that the reaction was suspicious, without really explaining why. 111 mostly explains your own behaviour rather than scumcasing Take.
Well it’s not complete. I need to talk and interact with Take first. Then I’ll get a better idea of where he is.
Takemikazuchi02
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:41 am

In post 111, ItalianoVD wrote:This response is pretty fascinating. No, the proper thing to do is to answer your question first. See TTTT’s
I explained this is my next post. Why are you ignoring that?
In post 111, ItalianoVD wrote:ThisWhile I somewhat agree here E2 is not E1 or hammer. Pressure is fine and there is always a point to everything. I also think RVS was long done by the time TTTT made his vote.
I'm not gonna argue about RVS semantics for a second game in a row. My definition of RVS means we will be in RVS for most of day 1.
In post 111, ItalianoVD wrote:This I was hoping you could elaborate more on this. Like what were you trying to convey with this comment. Or I should say what did you want the rest of us to get out of it?
This is what I meant.
In post 111, ItalianoVD wrote:Why did you pick me and Corn here. What stood out or didn’t stand out for that matter about both of us that made you feel pressure would have been good for either?
Because you would both have been at E-2 if TTTT voted for you and we would have gotten much more information if that happened.
In post 111, ItalianoVD wrote:I’m happy you said this because I did check out that game and I gotta say that your tone from that game to this one is pretty seismic.
What does this mean?
In post 111, ItalianoVD wrote:I thought the same thing when I first came on this site, but then I saw it happen more times than I thought it should and I became somewhat of a believer. I have yet to use it myself, but I also don’t 100% disregard it.

Honestly, I don't care about the Dunning-Kruger of veterans thinking random meaningless things are actual tells because of their cognitive bias. I'm not gonna take this subject seriously from now on.

Its better if you came out clean with your thoughts instead of acting you're smarter than everyone and justifying your stupid questions with "I was just testing you". Don't forget everyone has the same vote you do.
abdbla
abdbla
He/Him
Townie
abdbla
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:24 am

Post by abdbla »

I don't want to comment on all of the last two pages of stuff, but this in particular:
In post 115, Takemikazuchi02 wrote: Honestly, I don't care about the Dunning-Kruger of veterans thinking random meaningless things are actual tells because of their cognitive bias. I'm not gonna take this subject seriously from now on.
Ignoring statistical analysis because it sounds dumb just seems... stupid.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:30 am

Post by furtiveglance »

abdbla, are you going to push someone for greeting the game now? If not, this conversation is pointless.
Takemikazuchi02
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:34 am

There is no statistical analysis. Its just the selective memory and cognitive bias of a veteran.
abdbla
abdbla
He/Him
Townie
abdbla
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:39 am

Post by abdbla »

furtiveglance wrote:abdbla, are you going to push someone for greeting the game now? If not, this conversation is pointless.
There is a wide variety of stances between "greeting the game has no relevance to alignment" and "greeting the game means they're scum"
Takemikazuchi02 wrote:There is no statistical analysis. Its just the selective memory and cognitive bias of a veteran.
As linked in , no? A check over 24 games showed something like half again frequency from scum to greet the game.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:40 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Ok, then explain how this 'tell' is shaping your view on the game.
abdbla
abdbla
He/Him
Townie
abdbla
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:44 am

Post by abdbla »

It's a scum+ note in the columns of the player's who have greeted the game, an indication to study the interactions there a little closer. What else?
CornPuffBuddha
CornPuffBuddha
he/him
Goon
CornPuffBuddha
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:46 am

Post by CornPuffBuddha »

@Abdbla
"I don't want to comment on all of the last two pages of stuff..."
- Why?

I don't think there's any point to going back and forth about this tell (which from my perspective is not a very reliable one, particularly in a newbie queue) unless someone is gonna use it as a scumtell instead of just saying "well, this thing can be a scumtell in some situations" and arguing about that.
Takemikazuchi02
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:47 am

A 24 game sample size is meaningless. I see you're still using the same complete garbage arguments as last game.

VOTE: Abdbla
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:48 am

Post by furtiveglance »

It looks like Italiano was the only one not to greet this game. Do you townread them strongly?

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”