Post Post #4550 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:54 am

Post by Datisi »

vote count 5.03
  • with
    votes in play, it takes
    to make a decision.
  • day 5 ends in
    (expired on 2022-04-27 00:30:00)
    players who have the most nominations will be bomb experts on n5.

execution:

VP Baltar [5]:
Dwlee99, Andante, Cephrir, Cat Scratch Fever, PookyTheMagicalBear
Dwlee99 [1]:
Menalque
Mistyx [1]:
VP Baltar

not voting [5]:
Mistyx, GuiltyLion, Titus, Bell, Enchant

bomb expert nominations:

Cat Scratch Fever [2]:
Menalque, Dwlee99
Andante [2]:
Dwlee99, Cat Scratch Fever
GuiltyLion [1]:
Menalque
Bell [1]:
Dwlee99

not nominating [9]:
PookyTheMagicalBear, Andante, Mistyx, VP Baltar, GuiltyLion, Enchant, Cephrir, Titus, Bell

ineligible to be nominated:
VP Baltar, Dwlee99, Cephrir, Titus, PookyTheMagicalBear

mod notes:
  • Menalque v/la weekends.
  • the vote counter is acting weird and i'm counting votes by hand, let me know if i make any mistakes.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4551 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:59 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 4391, Bell wrote:Q: what is the scum team doing with their no kill thingy. I can’t keep track or make every variation of possibilities.
yes exactly! where are the freaking kills. this only reinforced my suspicion this morning that something we are not seeing is happening here. I've been saying it all game, but we are so focused on the night game, we are not thinking about day play here. I'm looking at people I see who are scummy and it's not matching up with what is happening at nights. That's a huge red flag that I'm concerned about.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #4552 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:59 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 4333, Dwlee99 wrote:2.) VP was the one with the most reason to explode the bomb there. He was both best positioned in terms of being townread the most, and as someone with two defuses already under his belt he was almost certainly going to flipped at some point, meaning if he can take out two or three townies in exchange for his life before he gets flipped it would be extremely worth it, especially since one of them was the doctor.
Did you ignore this paragraph
I prefer they, thanks :)
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #4553 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:01 am

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 4549, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 4345, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:Also I kind of like dwlee's wallpost.
that's a huge yikes
did you really expect them to case you when from their POV, you're already likely to flip scum anyway?

And yes, I thought Mena's read trajectory on you is bad. This has been talked about.

pronoun edit. ~D
Last edited by Datisi on Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4554 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:02 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 4404, Titus wrote:Let's live and let die.

I'll be back in a couple days.

For now, I have some knowledge and a plan.
gonna reiterate, if you have knowledge that helps solve this mess, please share it. I feel like we are blundering around and you're kind of toying with people why?

I'm also starting to get concerned that someone in the PRs are lying. Andante and Titus both claiming info roles now? Plus all the dead bodies, plus my role? Something stinks.
YOUR AD HERE

Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4555 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:03 am

In post 4551, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 4391, Bell wrote:Q: what is the scum team doing with their no kill thingy. I can’t keep track or make every variation of possibilities.
yes exactly!
where are the freaking kills.
this only reinforced my suspicion this morning that something we are not seeing is happening here. I've been saying it all game, but we are so focused on the night game, we are not thinking about day play here. I'm looking at people I see who are scummy and it's not matching up with what is happening at nights. That's a huge red flag that I'm concerned about.
If
you're town, scum should only have 2 NKs total. One was Greeting. The other can be explained away by Andres' protection.

What do you mean "where are the kill
s
" (plural)?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4556 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:04 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 4552, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 4333, Dwlee99 wrote:2.) VP was the one with the most reason to explode the bomb there. He was both best positioned in terms of being townread the most, and as someone with two defuses already under his belt he was almost certainly going to flipped at some point, meaning if he can take out two or three townies in exchange for his life before he gets flipped it would be extremely worth it, especially since one of them was the doctor.
If this was my plan, why am I not opening today trying to cut your head off? It's clearly counterfactual to how I'm even playing here. If I was scum, I have no reason to even consider you're town...and in fact, that just makes my lim more likely.

Do you think I'd be afraid to 1v1 you?
YOUR AD HERE

Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4557 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:05 am

In post 4553, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 4549, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 4345, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:Also I kind of like dwlee's wallpost.
that's a huge yikes
did you really expect them to case you when from their POV, you're already likely to flip scum anyway?

And yes, I thought Mena's read trajectory on you is bad. This has been talked about.
:facepalm: sorry
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4558 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:07 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 4555, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
yes exactly!
this only reinforced my suspicion this morning that something we are not seeing is happening here. I've been saying it all game, but we are so focused on the night game, we are not thinking about day play here. I'm looking at people I see who are scummy and it's not matching up with what is happening at nights. That's a huge red flag that I'm concerned about.
If
you're town, scum should only have 2 NKs total. One was Greeting. The other can be explained away by Andres' protection.

s
" (plural)?
I find andres' doc saves weird and unlikely to be kill targets unless scum are really incompetent, but fair enough on the count. Where is the other kill? If you're saying I'm scum, that just speaks more to the point I'm making.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4559 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:08 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 4410, Andante wrote:notice how VP hasn’t gone back to being defuser… scum team knows he explodes if he goes back, so why wouldn’t town!vp go back to defusing???
I have a thought on this, but I can't really elaborate on it without full claiming.
YOUR AD HERE

Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4560 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:09 am

In post 4558, VP Baltar wrote:I find andres' doc saves weird and unlikely to be kill targets unless scum are really incompetent, but fair enough on the count. Where is the other kill? If you're saying I'm scum, that just speaks more to the point I'm making.
Maybe there's a
third
protective lol

More seriously, maybe scum were roleblocked or maybe they're saving the third kill

More importantly, I don't think the lack of NKs should be that surprising from your POV, and I think it's a possible slip
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4561 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:10 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 4422, Cephrir wrote:either im missing something important or there is guaranteed to be scum in the pt last night

it troubles me that pooky didn't already say this
Can you explain this, or...?
YOUR AD HERE

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #4562 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:11 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 4556, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 4552, Dwlee99 wrote:
If this was my plan, why am I not opening today trying to cut your head off? It's clearly counterfactual to how I'm even playing here. If I was scum, I have no reason to even consider you're town...and in fact, that just makes my lim more likely.

Do you think I'd be afraid to 1v1 you?
ATP you're very unlikely to win it if you 1v1d me. But if you're town then that would mean Andres just completely fucked up in describing the bomb which does not seem likely? Also I'm very surprised you're claiming PR here cause I don't know if you've really been playing like a PR
I prefer they, thanks :)
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4563 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:14 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 4560, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 4558, VP Baltar wrote:I find andres' doc saves weird and unlikely to be kill targets unless scum are really incompetent, but fair enough on the count. Where is the other kill? If you're saying I'm scum, that just speaks more to the point I'm making.
Maybe there's a
third
protective lol

More seriously, maybe scum were roleblocked or maybe they're saving the third kill

More importantly, I don't think the lack of NKs should be that surprising from your POV, and I think it's a possible slip
Three protectives seems OP?

Could be roleblock I suppose, but also seems to fall into OP territory given how many PRs are already flipped.

What we know about scum so far is they have some kind of switching ability, and they were informed about something. So yeah, it doesn't make fucking sense from my perspective at all. Or if you believe there is a third protective/RB, then you should think scum have more power, possibly to fuck with experts. Even if scum had something like a role cop, I don't see how it counters something like three protectives.
YOUR AD HERE

Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4564 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:15 am

yes exactly!
If

s
" (plural)?
Maybe there's a
third
protective lol

To be clear, the slip is that you (VP Baltar) know there are 2 missing NKs.

There can only be 2 missing NKs if you're scum.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4565 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:15 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 4562, Dwlee99 wrote:Also I'm very surprised you're claiming PR here cause I don't know if you've really been playing like a PR
I hinted my PR way back. It's more defensive than anything, so I have nothing to lose just playing like VT.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4566 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:16 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 4564, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
yes exactly!
If

s
" (plural)?
Maybe there's a
third
protective lol

To be clear, the slip is that you (VP Baltar) know there are 2 missing NKs.

There can only be 2 missing NKs if you're scum.
This is very dumb. Believe what you want. I have like 8 more pages to catch up on, so let me do that. I'm not going to argue this point with you.
YOUR AD HERE

Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4567 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:17 am

In post 4563, VP Baltar wrote:
Maybe there's a
third
protective lol

Could be roleblock I suppose, but also seems to fall into OP territory given how many PRs are already flipped.

What we know about scum so far is they have some kind of switching ability, and they were informed about something. So yeah, it doesn't make fucking sense from my perspective at all. Or if you believe there is a third protective/RB, then you should think scum have more power, possibly to fuck with experts. Even if scum had something like a role cop, I don't see how it counters something like three protectives.
I don't really know about balance.

The protectives that have flipped don't seem to be able to protect the bomb defuser.

Which means that once we hit 3 defusals (where we're at now), the protectives would've been pretty useless... so it doesn't seem that out of balance to me.
Enchant
Enchant
Hannibal Lecter
Enchant
Hannibal Lecter
Hannibal Lecter

Post Post #4568 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:23 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 4559, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 4410, Andante wrote:notice how VP hasn’t gone back to being defuser… scum team knows he explodes if he goes back, so why wouldn’t town!vp go back to defusing???
I have a thought on this, but I can't really elaborate on it without full claiming.
I still quickhammer you.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4569 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:25 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 4567, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 4563, VP Baltar wrote:
Maybe there's a
third
protective lol

I don't really know about balance.

The protectives that have flipped don't seem to be able to protect the bomb defuser.

Which means that once we hit 3 defusals (where we're at now), the protectives would've been pretty useless... so it doesn't seem that out of balance to me.
if there are three protectives, it means scum's odds of winning by elims would be TERRIBLE. So the mod would essentially be forcing them into a situation where they have to win by defusals...which seems extremely unlikely because town can just nuke every bomb from here to eternity if they ever SUSPECT scum have defused. Look at me and how scum are benefiting from that WIFOM right now.

What you're saying makes no sense, and you don't have to be a balance expert to even see that.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4570 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:26 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Ok, I'm caught up now. Thankfully, a lot of it was just shitposting from Enchant and pooky.
YOUR AD HERE

Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4571 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:26 am

Okay so where do you think the kills went?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #4572 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:29 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

he's probly hiding them in his pocket lol
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4573 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:29 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 4562, Dwlee99 wrote:ATP you're very unlikely to win it if you 1v1d me.
Yeah, because of the way I am playing the day. If I was scum intent on killing you and strange as my final acts, I have no reason to open the day expressing my own doubt of that. I just double barrel you. I can shit post with the best of them.

Sadly, your terrible wall is so tinfoil, it makes me suspect even more that you could be town. No scum is going to open the day with their case being "VP wished andres happy birthday, and he was townread before bomb, therefore, scum!"

that's about the worst case I've read in a long time and only a townie wraps that in aluminum to say they've caught the whole scum team.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4574 (ISO) » Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:35 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 4571, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:Okay so where do you think the kills went?
no clue. Maybe scum are creating enough wifom to get through the VP and dwlee kills and then are going to have kills and start blowing up bombs to accelerate the game. I bet the numbers reflect that if dwlee and I are dead, and then scum start blowing up bombs with kills every night, they win pretty quickly.
YOUR AD HERE

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”