Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:16 pm

Post by Val89 »

I don't think after that is it necessary for me to think too hard over which of the two is the best place to start, on a D1 lim.

Eliminate All Liars.

VOTE: Takemikazuchi02
Takemikazuchi02
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:18 pm

Post by Takemikazuchi02 »

Dude, she literally said "good evening fam"
How is that not a greeting?
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:30 pm

Post by Val89 »

Are you for real?

I'm going to ask a simple yes or no question now. I know it's probably going to be a tricky one for you, but please think hard.

Did you read ANY of the linked post in ???

Please, PLEASE, don't tell me we've come all this way with you ignoring every correction issued believing the tell TTTT might have believed in was literally any "greeting"?
Takemikazuchi02
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:36 pm

In post 348, Val89 wrote: I might have been prepared, once upon a time, to believe you just didn't understand what the newbie greeting 'tell' was, but
In post 123, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:A 24 game sample size is meaningless. I see you're still using the same complete garbage arguments as last game.

VOTE: Abdbla
suggests to me you know full well the argument was never "people who say hi can't be town".

Just in case the wall of quotes previously hasn't made it obvious by now, I am inclined to agree with you that there is no value to it, but you have continued to misrepresent me, despite all those corrections, that I believed it could reliably deduce scum, and you implied as much again 2 posts ago.

I ask myself again why you continue to expend as much effort, even devoting one third of your response to my case on the You/Aspho being the scum team as "your point on the greeting tell is wrong", if there is no fear as you claim?
This is your worse argument yet.
My point that me and Aspho greeted the thread while being town last game still stands regardless of how you define your newbie greet "tell"
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:37 pm

Post by Val89 »

In post 353, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:My point that me and Aspho greeted the thread while being town last game still stands regardless of how you define your newbie greet "tell"
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:40 pm

Post by Val89 »

How about the "simple inability to answer a yes or no question" tell?

Do you believe in that one?

How about the "continual re-framing of the argument" one?
Takemikazuchi02
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:42 pm

You're confusing me now. I've read the OP and some replies

I originally saw the tell as an "enthusiastic greeting" but URAP says it's "greets the game" and I've come around to his way of thinking on this, and the data I pulled is based on his definition of a player giving a generic greeting to the entire game, rather than just a greeting to specific players.

For Newbie games 1900-1923 I found the following:
26 out of 100 Newbtown players greeted the game in their opening post (26%).
20 of 35 Newbscum players greeted the game in their opening post (57.1%).

This is how the "tell" is defined.
Takemikazuchi02
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:44 pm

Also re-framing the argument? You're the one who has been doing that everytime I shut down one of your arguments.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:47 pm

Post by Val89 »

"Nah ah! You are doing that, not me!"

Is this the logical continuation of "No fair! We scumread you first!"??

I'm going to go ahead take catbois advice in and log off for the night.
Takemikazuchi02
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:53 pm

Why am I even trying? :facepalm: God this game sucks.
CornPuffBuddha
CornPuffBuddha
he/him
Goon
CornPuffBuddha
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:01 pm

Post by CornPuffBuddha »

@Mod (and everyone) I will be unexpectedly V/LA for most of tomorrow, April 19th. I may be able to make a brief post in the morning or very late at night but probably not. My only request is that we wait to elim. I want to see how the TTTT replacement affects my reads, and we have quite a bit of time left to deliberate in general anyways.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:06 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

Sorry to see TTTT go. :( He was the one I felt understood me the most lol. Hope everything’s alright with him.
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:23 am

Post by BigTerp »

In post 236, BigTerp wrote:MAN!!! I'm going to attempt a reads list, but my head is spinning/hurts after catching up this morning. The game, so far, has been dominated by just a few players. With the holiday and weekend that's understandable. But the context of most of the game so far is what has my head hurting. Arguing over intro posts, mysterious/clever type posts, agitation/irritation and long drawn out lecturing type posts. I'm far from a seasoned or good mafia player, but those type of posts, IMO, are not really helping the game along.

Val89 - With only 6 posts so far, probably the most unremarkable player for me thus far into the game.
Null read.

Takemikazuchi02 - FAR from unremarkable so far, LOL. The intense irritation/agitation gives me pause, but I can't see mafia wanting to stick out so much so early in the game.
Town lean.

CornPuffBuddha - Another unremarkable player for me for whatever reason. A few have scum reads here, but I honestly don't have much to go on. Need to go back and read this one in ISO.
Null read

ItalianoVD - Some weird, mysterious type posts that seem rather anti-town. They've frustrated a few players and seem to have stalled the game a bit. Similar to Take though, I can't see mafia being this brazen and sticking their neck out so much early on in the game. However, it still feels pretty scummy to me the way they are playing.
Null to scum read here.

TTTT - I've played with TTTT in my only previous game here. He was town and worked hard to ask relevant questions and move the game along productively. Some don't seem to like his style, so far this game, but he playing very similar to that previous game.
Town read here.

Asphodelus - Another one with not much context. ZERO feeling here either way.
Null read

abdbla - Minimal posts, but they seem rather fluffy and lacking much context.
Null to scum read.

furtiveglance - Only other player I've previously played with (same game at TTTT). I misread them several times throughout the game and they ended town. Seem to be playing very similar this game. Decent conversation and questions, much of which has so far aligned with my own thoughts.
Town read here.
After catching up this morning, below is where I currently stand with everyone. Color coded even for Furtive's pleasure!!

Val89
- Has gone from a null (mostly due to inactivity) to a pretty solid town read. They've caught up with the game and have provide some very productive posts. This and previous post about trying to keep up with the game and being busy seem genuine. Is VERY interesting. They seem to be really trying to figure things out. Subsequent posts could be seen as tunneling a bit (on Take), but I think Val has really figured something out (even if only in their own head) and continues to work through their thought process with each post.

CornPuffBuddha
- Another town read. They have many of the same thoughts and progressions as I've had myself so far. This is a very unrated townish type post that didn't stick out much until now, for whatever reason. Much of the same as Val in regards to subsequent posts. Pretty strong town read here.

TTTT
- Still a fairly solid town read for the same reasons mentioned in my reads list quoted above. Not much has changed here, other than the fact they are being replaced. :(

Furtive
- Has gone from a town to null read. Something in the back of my head just keeps telling me I gotta watch out here. He was a REALLY tough read for me the only game we played together, and I kept going back and forth. He ended up being town, and I even protected him as the town doctor twice, but I questioned myself the whole time. Same feelings here for whatever reason.

Asphodelus
- Going to keep them null, for now. Still a tough read for me. They've been really focused/tunneling TTTT, who've I've got as town. The OMGUS vote is not helpful and they seem to be back and forth between it being an actual OMGUS vote and that TTTT is scum, like here . They say
"My vote on TTTT is more OMGUS than it is a real vote."
. Yet in the same post have TTTT as their top scum read. Which is it? Not much context besides the TTTT stuff and a few posts that get rather long and rambling.

abdbla
- Null to slightly scummy read. My vote is currently here, but I'm questioning that now. Their lack of participation and seemingly "fluffy" type posts early on gave me a lot of pause. However, they've come back since and provided some decent content. Specifically here and here . BUT, there was no reaction to me putting my vote on them, which seems odd. I expected at least some sort of comment on that if they were town.

Takemikazuchi02
- Now a null to scum read. The first part of the game was just odd to me. I still don't understand the frustration and irritation, but at least they explained why it happened. Fair enough there. Val's post here gave me some pause and got me thinking more about Take. But the subsequent defensiveness on Take's part is really evident starting with and is really starting to look like scum squirming to me.

ItalianoVD
- Scum!! Their drastic shift from their early play has me thinking they are scum trying to shift tactics after being called out for the mysterious type posts. feels like scum trying to make excuses for their early play. This was conveniently not addressed. Again, feels like scum trying to dismiss their early scum play hoping it'll be forgotten about.

With all of that said, I could be convinced on any of the bottom 4 on my list. Would love to see a dueling wagon on 2 of them though. The solo wagons haven't garnered much discussion/movement. Getting 2 together might give us more and better information.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:32 am

Post by catboi »

Malakittens replaces TTTT.
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:46 am

Post by BigTerp »

In post 363, catboi wrote:
Malakittens replaces TTTT.
Interested to hearing your thoughts Malakittens.

Where is everyone at? We need to get some discussion going!!!

Any thoughts on my reads list? How about my idea of getting 2 dueling wagons going?
Takemikazuchi02
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Takemikazuchi02
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:30 am

@Bigterp
Let's imagine I get eliminated today and I flip town. What would you do?
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:59 am

Post by BigTerp »

In post 365, Takemikazuchi02 wrote:
@Bigterp
Let's imagine I get eliminated today and I flip town. What would you do?
Excellent question.

If you flipped town, I would go back and look to see who didn't have much to say about your irritation/aggression and rather harsh play early on (no offense). Of that pool, anyone who had their vote on you at some point I would be suspicious of. I would also look hard at Italiano, who seemed to egg you on (as you pointed out). Considering I'm already highly suspicious of Italiano, I would ultimately push for an elimination of him as I would see his play as just lighting your fire, in the wrong way, to get you miselim'd.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:15 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 362, BigTerp wrote:
After catching up this morning, below is where I currently stand with everyone. Color coded even for Furtive's pleasure!!
Val89
- Has gone from a null (mostly due to inactivity) to a pretty solid town read. They've caught up with the game and have provide some very productive posts. This and previous post about trying to keep up with the game and being busy seem genuine. Is VERY interesting. They seem to be really trying to figure things out. Subsequent posts could be seen as tunneling a bit (on Take), but I think Val has really figured something out (even if only in their own head) and continues to work through their thought process with each post.

Val is your top townread. Are we playing the same game? Val has gone from coasting to peddling an Aspho/T02 solve which makes no sense to me. All of Val's latest posting is tunneling T02, he isn't commenting on most of the playerlist or explaining why he townreads literally everyone other than Aspho and T02 (apparently).
CornPuffBuddha
- Another town read. They have many of the same thoughts and progressions as I've had myself so far. This is a very unrated townish type post that didn't stick out much until now, for whatever reason. Much of the same as Val in regards to subsequent posts. Pretty strong town read here.

I have Corn as my top townread. Agree that they seem pretty sensible and well-intentioned.
TTTT
- Still a fairly solid town read for the same reasons mentioned in my reads list quoted above. Not much has changed here, other than the fact they are being replaced. :(

Also agree.

Furtive
- Has gone from a town to null read. Something in the back of my head just keeps telling me I gotta watch out here. He was a REALLY tough read for me the only game we played together, and I kept going back and forth. He ended up being town, and I even protected him as the town doctor twice, but I questioned myself the whole time. Same feelings here for whatever reason.
Asphodelus
- Going to keep them null, for now. Still a tough read for me. They've been really focused/tunneling TTTT, who've I've got as town. The OMGUS vote is not helpful and they seem to be back and forth between it being an actual OMGUS vote and that TTTT is scum, like here . They say
"My vote on TTTT is more OMGUS than it is a real vote."
. Yet in the same post have TTTT as their top scum read. Which is it? Not much context besides the TTTT stuff and a few posts that get rather long and rambling.

Aspho has been playing very strangely. It's one of those where I'm not sure mafia would play like this on day 1.
abdbla
- Null to slightly scummy read. My vote is currently here, but I'm questioning that now. Their lack of participation and seemingly "fluffy" type posts early on gave me a lot of pause. However, they've come back since and provided some decent content. Specifically here and here . BUT, there was no reaction to me putting my vote on them, which seems odd. I expected at least some sort of comment on that if they were town.

What did you townread about the reactions?
Takemikazuchi02
- Now a null to scum read. The first part of the game was just odd to me. I still don't understand the frustration and irritation, but at least they explained why it happened. Fair enough there. Val's post here gave me some pause and got me thinking more about Take. But the subsequent defensiveness on Take's part is really evident starting with and is really starting to look like scum squirming to me.

Disagree, I've gone back and forth but I land town with Take - especially as Val and Italiano are the ones hard pushing him.
ItalianoVD
- Scum!! Their drastic shift from their early play has me thinking they are scum trying to shift tactics after being called out for the mysterious type posts. feels like scum trying to make excuses for their early play. This was conveniently not addressed. Again, feels like scum trying to dismiss their early scum play hoping it'll be forgotten about.
They have changed their style drastically since early game. Definitely high chance of being scum, after their reaction to being pushed early.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:16 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Ok I failed to strip quote. Hopefully it's still readable
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:35 am

Post by BigTerp »

In post 368, furtiveglance wrote:Ok I failed to strip quote. Hopefully it's still readable
All good. Give me a minute.....
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:44 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Part of the reason this game feels so chaotic is we can't agree on townreads. We both townread Corn for instance, but half the players seem to be scumreading them.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:48 am

Post by furtiveglance »

I think a functional townblock is me, Terp, Corn and TTTT's replacement. For day 1 at least
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:02 am

Post by BigTerp »

In post 367, furtiveglance wrote: Val is your top townread. Are we playing the same game? Val has gone from coasting to peddling an Aspho/T02 solve which makes no sense to me. All of Val's latest posting is tunneling T02, he isn't commenting on most of the playerlist or explaining why he townreads literally everyone other than Aspho and T02 (apparently).
Yep. And pretty solid at that. I addressed the tunneling on Take in my list. The post just really seemed like logical progression from a town player working through the thread. I feel like scum would be more calculated, for lack of a better word, with their posts. While I agree that Val's are heavy on Take and light on most everyone else, they just felt extremely towny to me.
In post 367, furtiveglance wrote: Aspho has been playing very strangely. It's one of those where I'm not sure mafia would play like this on day 1.
Agreed. But the thing about this game in particular, is much the same can be said for several other players. So play style/behavior in general that would normally stick out as either alignment is tough, for me at least, to pick up on this game.
In post 367, furtiveglance wrote: What did you townread about the reactions?
The above is in reference to abdbla. And is a good question. Honestly, I can't pick out anything specific that screams town from the reactions. I think I got caught up in the fact that they were participating with well worded responses and seemed to be thinking through things. When compared to my previous read here of "Minimal posts, but they seem rather fluffy and lacking much context" it was a positive change. But it could in fact just be "busy" posts to increase participation. Hence why I've still got them on a slight scummy read.
In post 367, furtiveglance wrote:Disagree, I've gone back and forth but I land town with Take - especially as Val and Italiano are the ones hard pushing him.
I can't completely commit to a scum read here, but also cannot clear them as town for reasons already explained above. Maybe the defensiveness is their play style, but it seems scummy to me. Agreed Val is pushing hard here and Italiano has been there for most of the game. I think we get the most info. out of an Italiano elim here though versus Val or Take.
In post 367, furtiveglance wrote: They have changed their style drastically since early game. Definitely high chance of being scum, after their reaction to being pushed early.
Yep, and may very well move my vote back here.

Furtive - You're currently on abdbla, along with myself. Do you prefer a abdbla elim or Italiano elim? As I've mentioned earlier, the non reaction from abdbla to me putting them to E-2 is interesting.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:05 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 371, furtiveglance wrote:I think a functional townblock is me, Terp, Corn and TTTT's replacement. For day 1 at least
That’s the block I’ve been working with, which leaves Val, Aspho, Take, and Abd. I’m working with whom I think is the most likely Take partner.
BigTerp
BigTerp
He
Goon
BigTerp
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:07 am

Post by BigTerp »

In post 371, furtiveglance wrote:I think a functional townblock is me, Terp, Corn and TTTT's replacement. For day 1 at least
Replace yourself with Val, and I can get down with this. You still give me the willy's for reasons I cannot articulate. It might just be your play style because, like I said, I had the same issue last game and I feel like you're playing pretty similarly.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”