Micro 1052: Lake Melancholy [END]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #2125 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:59 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

Yea I'll go over Aristeia's Prism points explain what I like, shouldn't take too long

page 2 of Aristeia's ISO be like:
I prefer they, thanks :)
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2126 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:00 pm

Post by Prism »

It's pretty self-explanatory. Specifically for me, it is a frequently used tool when I want to pivot a read on someone or redirect energy to another slot. There are several forms. One is that I tilt, argue, and go for a long walk/drive where I more neutrally examine and come to the conclusion someone I am pushing is town. I think a lot of people do this frequently. Another might be a different angle on a push itself, pouncing on a perceived weakness.

It works well because it gets townread widely as evidence of process, and for good reason. Many of my best moments as town come from precisely such posts.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2127 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:05 pm

Post by Prism »

Something that I think IS somewhat unique to me is that it is pretty common for them to be planned hundreds of posts or weeks in advance
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2128 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:59 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 2124, Dwlee99 wrote:I still don't know what a reflective step back is
its when you stop push someone/unvote them and write a reason for your read progression.

unvoting is the "stepback" reflective means you are thinking and sharing why.

you can then follow this up with revoting and continuing to push them or change targets.

an example of a reflective stepback is when Prism unvoted me at the beginning of the game.

It is designed to pocket the target by mimicking a read progression and generating an artificial reward in their mind[your unvote of them]
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2129 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:47 pm

Post by Aristeia »

The reason I believe Prism's reflective stepbacks on me/skitter this game are coming from scum!her faking a progression rather than genuine town read pivots is because her underlying reasoning for the initial push feels extremely weak and overplayed for the confidence displayed and is more like something done to fake a read progression rather than a genuine thought process.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2130 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:53 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

ok, right, i did also think that her initial trigger for scumreading you felt weak, i remember that now
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2131 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:56 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

would be funny if it is prism/shuichi and the two points from that i said "my heart's not in this one" were the two that were right
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2132 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:07 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 2131, fireisredsir wrote:would be funny if it is prism/shuichi and the two points from that i said "my heart's not in this one" were the two that were right
you can always vote for prism

you don't actually get credit for a right reads if you don't vote them out.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2133 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:25 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Oh okay I've done that as scum and town
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2134 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:29 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

I think one of the most convincing things in Ari's ISO is when skitter says some reason to townread prism and Ari just destroys it.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2135 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:42 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Spoiler:
In post 232, Aristeia wrote:
In post 219, Prism wrote:
In post 208, Aristeia wrote:
In post 199, Prism wrote:197 has to be a fucking joke if you're town
your perspective is really strange to me because it feels like you think I don't have worry about your scum!game being good enough to get away with this.
197 is asking "Should I not be concerned?". Absolutely, you should be.

My criticism is that you learned to focus on me first, to sort that first and force it through and leave the partner spec for later. You're mitigating this criticism by drawing a new distinction of "Well I'm not voting skitter". Maybe that's important, but I don't think it is. It feels like your intent with 155 was to try and hit tonal points, and let the claim do the work of pushing me for you. It felt very wrong to me.

I'm also concerned you expect me to townread picking a fight with me period because of a certain other game. I do not.
How is it not important?

The mistake I made that you were calling me out on was that I hardshoved your partner instead of shoving you.

I am not shoving you or skitter atp because I don't like relying directly on mech without letting the game progress naturally first.

Because if the mech is wrong or a red herring, we are missing out on a lot of actual dayplay.

Also it is somewhat unenjoyable for me to strictly play based on mechspec with a good playerlist - I don't think I would get any enjoyment out of catching a skitter/you scumteam strictly on mechspec.

Agree that the initial scumread was too strong and rereading the argument about Ari pushing partners over prism directly it doesn't make much sense when comparing to this game
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2136 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:52 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 1662, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 1481, Prism wrote:Dwlee, can you walk me through your read on my dayplay+worst case scenario argument again? It appears to be piggybacking off of my own suggestion that my flip is inevitable and better off sooner than later. Your posts here suggest that you believe it is not and you will be responsible for it if it happens.

P-Edit: Okay, well, she didn't feel forced before and it took an extended back and forth with me to get her to vote me. Wild.
You're impenetrable on tone and I'm too small brain to figure out what to read into from your posts sooo worst case scenario we lose a town ascetic which oh well ig
In post 1668, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 1665, Prism wrote:...And my reads, progressions, sprinting to get eliminated are also inscrutable? Or are they scum indicative?
Impossible to tell
In post 1669, Prism wrote:VOTE: Dwlee

Time to bus my other partner instead
In post 1674, Dwlee99 wrote:Prism were you angling to vote me anyway. Like if I gave you some dumb shit about some random thing being alignment indicative you were gonna say it was a bad reason and vote me?
In post 1675, Prism wrote:If it was in fact a bad reason and made no sense, yeah, probably.
In post 1676, Prism wrote:That is the process of questioning and determining the legitimacy of reads when you are skeptical of them, you are correct.
In post 1677, Prism wrote:Being more specific, if there's no qualitative reason about my play for you to vote me, and you didn't think the mech was very indicative, it doesn't really make sense to vote me over a scumread. You gave
In post 808, Dwlee99 wrote:I think Prism is mildly townie but I wouldn't mind flipping cause ascetic claim + scary + novice mailman
and that was really about it until the yolo vote. The yolo vote didn't surprise me, but not touching any of my content with a 10 ft pole does, and 1043 was not an accurate portrayal of my point.

You were eager to call my posting early and as the game went on and I started doing more and more that is blatantly suicidal as scum it got handwaived.
This push on me was also pretty meh and is another attempt at just trying to get anything else through. And it makes sense from scum!pov cause there's enough latent scumreads on me for this to actually pick up steam. I wanna check something regarding cephrir here
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2137 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:54 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 994, Shuichi Saihara wrote:UNVOTE: so the day can't randomly end before i'm ready
Has ceph really not had a vote down for over a thousand posts? Probably scum
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2138 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:01 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

This did literally nothing for changing my reads or demonstrating anything. I don't think anyone actually cares about my last few posts
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2139 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:03 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

I think prism flip hard wins no matter which alignment she is and that's including me getting flipped if she is town so let's do this pretty please?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2140 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:40 am

Post by skitter30 »

vla friday and saturday

Wont have internet access
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2141 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:59 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2132, Aristeia wrote:you don't actually get credit for a right reads if you don't vote them out.
i know, my point was that i should get the opposite of credit (if that is the team) bc the one place i found possible reasons to scumread them i didn't believe in them

but anyway i still think vp is scum more
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2142 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:02 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2139, Dwlee99 wrote:I think prism flip hard wins no matter which alignment she is and that's including me getting flipped if she is town so let's do this pretty please?
do you still think the consensus townreads are more likely to be wrong than right?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #2143 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:11 am

Post by Datisi »

i am tired as hell
i am annoyed that baltar did not respond to the thing i wrote up
i am annoyed at a lot of other different things too but

time to try to pay attention to this game for a bit
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2144 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:29 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 2142, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 2139, Dwlee99 wrote:I think prism flip hard wins no matter which alignment she is and that's including me getting flipped if she is town so let's do this pretty please?
do you still think the consensus townreads are more likely to be wrong than right?
Depends what you mean by consensus

Ari is town fersure
Skitter is town fersure
I think Datisi is pretty solidly town

Fire (you)/Ceph/Enchant/VP/Prism is the poe. Earlier when I talked about things more likely wrong I meant such as you/enchant/ceph townreads that I think are game losing if wrong and we flip VP today.

But Prism flip gives a ton of info
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2145 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:40 am

Post by fireisredsir »

oh. yea i would agree the consensus goes ari and skitter town, with datisi slightly below. i assumed that you were talking about those earlier

i don't think me/enchant/ceph are at all consensus town
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2146 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:42 am

Post by fireisredsir »

i guess that is the group you were talking about but i did not follow that at all bc i didn't consider those to be consensus
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2147 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:46 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2143, Datisi wrote:i am tired as hell
i am annoyed that baltar did not respond to the thing i wrote up
i am annoyed at a lot of other different things too but

time to try to pay attention to this game for a bit
I have a few mins right now. I can respond to things that don't involve back reading. What you need specifically?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #2148 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:48 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 1975, Datisi wrote:at the same time, i'm like, not QUITE feeling it. you entered the hood screaming how one mistake and i'm dead. okay, sure, you can argue that i didn't exhibit scumtells this game. but last game, where you were town, you literally went "yeah i'm not reading datisi on d1 at all i can't read him for shit on d1 lol" and all of a sudden i'm supposed to think that this game you're townreading me because... we had similar thoughts on dwlee? all while in a hood?
this is of interest^^
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2149 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:50 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2148, Datisi wrote:
In post 1975, Datisi wrote:at the same time, i'm like, not QUITE feeling it. you entered the hood screaming how one mistake and i'm dead. okay, sure, you can argue that i didn't exhibit scumtells this game. but last game, where you were town, you literally went "yeah i'm not reading datisi on d1 at all i can't read him for shit on d1 lol" and all of a sudden i'm supposed to think that this game you're townreading me because... we had similar thoughts on dwlee? all while in a hood?
this is of interest^^
I don't think I was screaming. I made one post, which was half reactions testing. I do feel like my ability to understand differences in your scum and town games increases each time we play, especially now that I had another opportunity to see you play as scum
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”