Not Quite Normal Multiball II (Game Over)

catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:18 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 621, MegAzumarill wrote:Relying on percentages is moot because we don't know if everyone was an opportunity for each role. Some roles may be locked to a certain faction (i.e. A seer and an alpha werewolf exist, seer can be any alignment but alpha is forced to be ww)

That said those percentages are for a 3 person monastery or masonry correct?
UNVOTE:

VOTE: megazumarill

scummy pop-in
bnuuy
bnuuy
Goon
bnuuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:19 pm

Post by bnuuy »

@catboi Idk what you mean exactly regarding 520 but I’m just gonna trust it anyway
“Merely by existing, we hurt each other.
But it’s not always intentional.”

Avatar credit goes to SaltnPepperBunny on DeviantArt
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:27 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 626, bnuuy wrote:@catboi Idk what you mean exactly regarding 520 but I’m just gonna trust it anyway
meh in general I think he's decently towny so far (I think as mafia he'd try to play more in the background while here he feels like hes at the front of things). That particular post felt like it was working out a set of complicated feelings about the mastina claim - had a similar reaction to me ("does ceph really put such a terrible role in his setup", except obv it's a little more personal for him), and talking about wanting to elim her but feeling like she's more likely town feels more like an authentic thought process

I mean yadda yadda scum can have authentic thought proces since it's multiball but it looked less like a post scum would make to me
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:28 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 402, bnuuy wrote:
In post 254, MonkeyMan576 wrote:This is probably an all scum hood. Sigh.
What is “this”?
FoS: MonkeyMan
I have to ask, why the FoS on monkeyman? Did you not want to move your vote off Save The Dragons, and if so, why not?
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:11 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

I feel like the discussion about mastina's roleclaim is kind of pointless, since roles are likely randomized. The mod specifically said he wanted to incentivize day play, probably to discourage exactly this kind of speculation.

So having said all that, I'm surprised no one has mentioned anything about mastina and her reads coming into the game.

Why are some RVS votes town, another scum, and yet another classified as "town?" in and ?
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:16 pm

In post 552, Menalque wrote: hi! *reserved for now* will be revealed at such time that it's appropriate

what do you make of well done?
They seem fairly town

Saying my read was overexplained when I was probed on my gutread is weird

and your read one didn't seem like a "not very serious read" to me either
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:17 pm

Also why are you voting Malcolm? His catch up seemed fine to me?
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:17 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

I'll admit I have been accused of lack of focus at times. But I have my strengths as a player as well I think. I am pretty good at engaging with people and forming accurate reads based on those engagements. I tend to be weaker early in the game and better later in the game. It's just a matter of getting through those first few days usually for me.

I also don't like to do a lot of research early on when there's not really a lot to go on and it's a lot of bs.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:18 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 629, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:I feel like the discussion about mastina's roleclaim is kind of pointless, since roles are likely randomized. The mod specifically said he wanted to incentivize day play, probably to discourage exactly this kind of speculation.

So having said all that, I'm surprised no one has mentioned anything about mastina and her reads coming into the game.

Why are some RVS votes town, another scum, and yet another classified as "town?" in and ?
that's the mastina experience

it's the most null intro possible. she will give you an explanation, it will probably not satisfy you, probably better to wait for more from her to read her
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:21 pm

I'll wait for the explanation before passing judgment, but on first glance, it feels like she tossed a coin and assigned alignments
Tracer Bullet
Tracer Bullet
Goon
Tracer Bullet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:27 pm

Post by Tracer Bullet »

I liked mastina's reads:
In post 437, mastina wrote:NorwegianboyEE

Save The Dragons
Nashville Dreams (Titus & Malakittens)

Well Done (Dunnstral & Lukewarm)
Tracer Bullet
Cat Scratch Fever
tictac
MegAzumarill

Agreed with all of htese except tictac/Meg cuz I don't remember any posts by either player(I've also got shit for memory)
Tracer Bullet
Tracer Bullet
Goon
Tracer Bullet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:28 pm

Post by Tracer Bullet »

In post 609, butterchurn wrote:
In post 593, bnuuy wrote:
In post 577, butterchurn wrote:I would like to know who you think they are.
why?
I find it kinda sus you are reacting this way
Because I think Tracer has consistently been posturing with confident stances and I don't think they're genuine or backed up by any serious reasoning. I think that saying "scum are trapped like rats in a bucket I love it" is not really a statement that accomplishes anything or moves the game forward unless he is willing to say who. And if he's town, there must be something that inspired him to say that in that situation. His response of "they know who they are" didn't do much to convince me that the original post came from any place of real town thought.
The point is to not say who
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:29 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Looking over Mastina's last game I can see she is an extremely high content poster and contributed to her towns win as a Town Mason. I am not comfortable with eliming her as a claimed BP. Based on the claim she is the player I would last like to see eliminated. In fact anyone proposing her elimination I am extremely suspicious of now that I think about it.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:31 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

VOTE: Klick

FOS: SaveTheDragons
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:40 pm

Not a bad vote tbh

Then again, this is multiball
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:41 pm

In post 635, Tracer Bullet wrote:I liked mastina's reads:
In post 437, mastina wrote:- reads list -
Agreed with all of htese except tictac/Meg cuz I don't remember any posts by either player(I've also got shit for memory)
Those two are the main problem

I also think townreads on Norwegian are premature
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:42 pm

Post by Cephrir »

votecount 1.3
MonkeyMan576 (6) | tictac, butterchurn, Cat Scratch Fever, MalcolmTucker, Nashville Dreams, cassowary

catboi (2) | Wallflower, Sword of Ducks
Save The Dragons (2) | bnuuy, The Keeper
MalcolmTucker (2) | Save The Dragons, Menalque

Menalque (1) | Well Done
mastina (1) | Klick
Nashville Dreams (1) | NorwegianboyEE
MegAzumarill (1) | catboi
Wallflower (1) | Tracer Bullet
Klick (1) | MonkeyMan576

Not Voting | Enchant, Flavor Leaf, MegAzumarill, momo, mastina

With 23 alive, it takes 12 to politely ask someone to leave.

Deadline: (expired on 2022-05-09 09:41:00).

momo will be replaced if they fail to pick up their role PM by tomorrow morning.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:58 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

What does multiball have to do with it? Obviously the opposite scum team would benefit from a BP elim no?
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:02 pm

In post 642, MonkeyMan576 wrote:What does multiball have to do with it? Obviously the opposite scum team would benefit from a BP elim no?
It means a good vote, which I would normally consider towny in singleball, doesn't have the same effect here in multiball, since you could just be scum hunting the other faction

What does BP stand for here?
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:07 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Beloved Princess. Don't scum want to generally elim town first and the other scum second since the other scum also wants to elim town and town are the majority?
butterchurn
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:08 pm

Post by butterchurn »

In post 623, catboi wrote:- I'm not really vibing with the wagon on monkeyman - to me it feels like he's getting voted for having weird or irrational opinions, not necessarily scum-motivated ones. The stuff he says might seem bizarre but I feel like he actually believes what he's saying. The pressure on him feels opportunistic in nature.
I can't speak for everyone who is voting him, but I don't think that's an accurate assessment of my scumread on him, at least. It's certainly not about his opinions. I think the way he responds to questioning is slimy. He has consistently made statements that appear confident, but when asked about where the basis of each statement is coming from, he has at times weakly defended it, or clearly made up a reason to justify it, or dodged the question, until finally usually coming back to say that the original statement was a joke or that it shouldn't be taken seriously. Saying that about an RVS vote is fine. But about reads made on page 20 of a game? And even if that is the case, why take the extra step of trying to justify it initially? The approach just feels scummy to me, like he cares more about his own appearances than about whatever it is he's saying.

I did feel a little hesitant, since he is the highest postcount player so far (mostly due to the pressure on him) and so maybe there's just more things to pick on, and maybe he would have been more likely to quiet down and let things blow over if he were scum. I could see some of the votes like tictac sticking around from RVS being opportunistic. But that could always come from the opposite scum faction. I still like the chances of it being scum.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:16 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Honestly I have little concern about the wagon on me. There are twice as many votes of people not on me(11) as there are on me(6). There are several weak votes on me as well, namely from tictac, MalcolmTrucker, and cassowary. I feel like butter is trying to take things that I have said out of context as well. I can scumhunt and point out the weaknesses of the wagon of me at the same time, which is what I am doing. There are far better fish to fry.
Nashville Dreams
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:33 pm

Post by Nashville Dreams »

In post 584, Nashville Dreams wrote:
In post 534, MonkeyMan576 wrote:
In post 527, Nashville Dreams wrote:@Monkey, Can you explain the reads on Well Done, MalcolmTucker and SwordsofDucks?

Well Done - active an engaged, agree with their posts for the most part.

MalcomTrucker - Not really active, but their posts seem like they are trying to sort a little.

SwordofDucks - low content posting.
What do you specifically agree with Well Done on?
Where is Malcolm trying to sort?
If SoD's "low content posting" was a problem, why didn't you support my push prior to being FoSed?
Ahem.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:45 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 645, butterchurn wrote:
In post 623, catboi wrote:- I'm not really vibing with the wagon on monkeyman - to me it feels like he's getting voted for having weird or irrational opinions, not necessarily scum-motivated ones. The stuff he says might seem bizarre but I feel like he actually believes what he's saying. The pressure on him feels opportunistic in nature.
I can't speak for everyone who is voting him, but I don't think that's an accurate assessment of my scumread on him, at least. It's certainly not about his opinions. I think the way he responds to questioning is slimy. He has consistently made statements that appear confident, but when asked about where the basis of each statement is coming from, he has at times weakly defended it, or clearly made up a reason to justify it, or dodged the question, until finally usually coming back to say that the original statement was a joke or that it shouldn't be taken seriously. Saying that about an RVS vote is fine. But about reads made on page 20 of a game? And even if that is the case, why take the extra step of trying to justify it initially? The approach just feels scummy to me, like he cares more about his own appearances than about whatever it is he's saying.

I did feel a little hesitant, since he is the highest postcount player so far (mostly due to the pressure on him) and so maybe there's just more things to pick on, and maybe he would have been more likely to quiet down and let things blow over if he were scum.
I could see some of the votes like tictac sticking around from RVS being opportunistic. But that could always come from the opposite scum faction. I still like the chances of it being scum.
This is making me rethink a bit. Feel like Monkey has some suspect posts and a lot of stuff I don't really agree with, but not sure their approach so far is particularly conductive to someone who's mafia.

VOTE: Klick

Happier with my vote here for now.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:01 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I’m not hype about leading wagon but there is no real alternative.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”