Not Quite Normal Multiball II (Game Over)

Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:57 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

at least not yet
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:57 am

nabbed the fuckin' pagetop chumps
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:57 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

It seems like there are people who really don't believe Mastina's claim and I'd rather keep my vote there at this point.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:59 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

The point is if you are arguing it probably doesn't exist because balance, just keep in mind the balanced option where it exists.
Imprefection is the spice of life.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:00 am

anyway

we should kill malcolmtucker and malcolm's partner, megazu
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:00 am

if you have time to argue with me about balance you have time for reads
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:00 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Not so much that they don't believe Mastina's claim, it seems like an excuse to elim a claimed beloved princess.
tictac
tictac
Mafia Scum
tictac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:01 am

Post by tictac »

In post 486, tictac wrote:
In post 143, catboi wrote:
In post 126, Save The Dragons wrote:i like bnuuy more

VOTE: bnuuy
mmm if you want to go for a random lurker poke I think tictac would be better
What is the purpose of expressing a pref, while scorning both actions?
Ahem
VOTE: catboi
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:01 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

I'm not against a MT elim or a Meg elim, they're just not at the top of my bucket list atm.
bnuuy
bnuuy
Goon
bnuuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:02 am

Post by bnuuy »

And I’m gonna keep my vote on the player failing to understand nuance and shading me for TRing his push
“Merely by existing, we hurt each other.
But it’s not always intentional.”

Avatar credit goes to SaltnPepperBunny on DeviantArt
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:03 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Let's ride a truck
through malcolmtuck
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:04 am

locktown
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:05 am

malcolmtucker
let's lim the f...f...f...friend
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:07 am

Post by catboi »

In post 645, butterchurn wrote:
In post 623, catboi wrote:- I'm not really vibing with the wagon on monkeyman - to me it feels like he's getting voted for having weird or irrational opinions, not necessarily scum-motivated ones. The stuff he says might seem bizarre but I feel like he actually believes what he's saying. The pressure on him feels opportunistic in nature.
I can't speak for everyone who is voting him, but I don't think that's an accurate assessment of my scumread on him, at least. It's certainly not about his opinions. I think the way he responds to questioning is slimy. He has consistently made statements that appear confident, but when asked about where the basis of each statement is coming from, he has at times weakly defended it, or clearly made up a reason to justify it, or dodged the question, until finally usually coming back to say that the original statement was a joke or that it shouldn't be taken seriously. Saying that about an RVS vote is fine. But about reads made on page 20 of a game? And even if that is the case, why take the extra step of trying to justify it initially? The approach just feels scummy to me, like he cares more about his own appearances than about whatever it is he's saying.

I did feel a little hesitant, since he is the highest postcount player so far (mostly due to the pressure on him) and so maybe there's just more things to pick on, and maybe he would have been more likely to quiet down and let things blow over if he were scum. I could see some of the votes like tictac sticking around from RVS being opportunistic. But that could always come from the opposite scum faction. I still like the chances of it being scum.
I just remember he was limbait every game on NoPowerOverMe for being annoying and this feels more or less similar to that. I don't think him having crappy justification for reads is scummy.
butterchurn
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:08 am

Post by butterchurn »

Looking at the Klick votes.
In post 638, MonkeyMan576 wrote:VOTE: Klick

FOS: SaveTheDragons
This appears to be the first vote on Klick. I looked through MonkeyMan's ISO, and I don't see much talk about Klick, except for where he said that it was "probably an all scum hood" (the hood of Flavor Leaf, Enchant, and Klick), which he later said should not be taken seriously. Or was a joke. Or something. He also had them listed in red in his readlist. The next mention of them is the vote. MonkeyMan, why do you find Klick to be suspicious?

It's also worth mentioning that in the next post, Cat Scratch Fever says that it's "not a bad vote". This sort of tacit support for a wagon without following it or giving any reason behind it is something that catches my eye. Cat Scratch Fever, what made you think that this was not a bad vote?
In post 648, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 645, butterchurn wrote:
In post 623, catboi wrote:- I'm not really vibing with the wagon on monkeyman - to me it feels like he's getting voted for having weird or irrational opinions, not necessarily scum-motivated ones. The stuff he says might seem bizarre but I feel like he actually believes what he's saying. The pressure on him feels opportunistic in nature.
I can't speak for everyone who is voting him, but I don't think that's an accurate assessment of my scumread on him, at least. It's certainly not about his opinions. I think the way he responds to questioning is slimy. He has consistently made statements that appear confident, but when asked about where the basis of each statement is coming from, he has at times weakly defended it, or clearly made up a reason to justify it, or dodged the question, until finally usually coming back to say that the original statement was a joke or that it shouldn't be taken seriously. Saying that about an RVS vote is fine. But about reads made on page 20 of a game? And even if that is the case, why take the extra step of trying to justify it initially? The approach just feels scummy to me, like he cares more about his own appearances than about whatever it is he's saying.

I did feel a little hesitant, since he is the highest postcount player so far (mostly due to the pressure on him) and so maybe there's just more things to pick on, and maybe he would have been more likely to quiet down and let things blow over if he were scum.
I could see some of the votes like tictac sticking around from RVS being opportunistic. But that could always come from the opposite scum faction. I still like the chances of it being scum.
This is making me rethink a bit. Feel like Monkey has some suspect posts and a lot of stuff I don't really agree with, but not sure their approach so far is particularly conductive to someone who's mafia.

VOTE: Klick

Happier with my vote here for now.
MalcolmTucker here switches from a MonkeyMan vote to a Klick vote. The reasoning seems to come mostly in , where he describes the catboi read as reaching. I like seeing that the progression here is supported, and although the quoted section from my post was not enough for me to unvote MonkeyMan, I understand why he would rethink from it. In general, I think that rethinking in this way, when there is no real strategic benefit to doing so, is town-indicative.
In post 650, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Oh wait. I sense chakra energies vibrating in the air…
It’s telling me… to vote Klick!

VOTE: Klick
The last vote comes from NorwegianboyEE, who seems to just be joining the wagon for the sake of being on a wagon that isn't the leading wagon. There doesn't seem to be any reasoning given, but the fact that the thought process was so telegraphed and blatantly clear rather than trying to hide it in an attempt at faking a read somewhat cancels out any suspicion I would normally feel from this action. I notice that he's also switched already at the time of writing this.

If I had been guessing, I would have thought there were more votes here, but I can only find the three, so maybe it isn't as significant of a wagon as I thought it was. I think that Cat Scratch Fever's approval of MonkeyMan's vote made me think that the wagon was bigger than it actually is in number of votes. I don't think this wagon was necessarily a reaction to the MonkeyMan wagon, which is something that I was looking for, except in the sense that NorwegianboyEE didn't like the MonkeyMan wagon and wanted to find a different one, but in a way that seems like it could be a town thought process.

As a result of this, I think my read on MalcolmTucker has improved, and I have ended up with some suspicion on Cat Scratch Fever where I previously had none.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:09 am

Post by catboi »

Malcolm looks like he's genuinely solving
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:11 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 715, catboi wrote:Malcolm looks like he's genuinely solving
Not necessarily a town tell in multiball, but i am not caught up at all so I’m not really defending/going against Malcolm right now.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:11 am

Post by Klick »

In post 689, butterchurn wrote:The context here is that catboi had picked up a few very pile-on type votes, following the push that Klick had started.
I think this post feels, in a way, like it is just adding fuel to the fire to try to keep the wagon going.
What's interesting, then, is how they vote bnuuy shortly after. I would like to know from Klick: Did something change between 135 and 155 for you, to make you no longer interested in continuing to add pressure onto the catboi wagon?
The bolded isn't quite where my head was at. By 135 I was already pretty satisfied with the progression of the wagon, and the post was more me trying to interpret something useful out of catboi's reaction to pressure. I don't really feel like I got that tbh, at least not yet, but I'm hoping this game start will be useful to look back at later.

I've sort of lost the plot of the game since around that time though, and I want to dive back in in a few hours when the kids are in bed
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:12 am

i disagree i feel like malcolm took easy stances and normally is more solvy/invested
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:15 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

I've been accused of being annoying but I think once you get to know me better the easier I am to understand. I am able to handle being "limbait" for the most part now days and it can even end up being helpful and take attention of of other town players that need to stay under the radar. But yeah I'm not going to change my playstyle because of a few votes.
butterchurn
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:21 am

Post by butterchurn »

In post 717, Klick wrote:
In post 689, butterchurn wrote:The context here is that catboi had picked up a few very pile-on type votes, following the push that Klick had started.
I think this post feels, in a way, like it is just adding fuel to the fire to try to keep the wagon going.
What's interesting, then, is how they vote bnuuy shortly after. I would like to know from Klick: Did something change between 135 and 155 for you, to make you no longer interested in continuing to add pressure onto the catboi wagon?
The bolded isn't quite where my head was at. By 135 I was already pretty satisfied with the progression of the wagon, and the post was more me trying to interpret something useful out of catboi's reaction to pressure. I don't really feel like I got that tbh, at least not yet, but I'm hoping this game start will be useful to look back at later.

I've sort of lost the plot of the game since around that time though, and I want to dive back in in a few hours when the kids are in bed
Thanks for the clarification. Do you think that catboi being uncomfortable with the votes on him was alignment-indicative, or is that what you mean by not having got something useful yet? Additionally, if the original catboi vote was a serious read, I presume the bnuuy one was as well since something was enough to make you switch. Was there a reason for your suspicion there?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:37 am

Post by catboi »

In post 707, tictac wrote:
In post 486, tictac wrote:
In post 143, catboi wrote:
In post 126, Save The Dragons wrote:i like bnuuy more

VOTE: bnuuy
mmm if you want to go for a random lurker poke I think tictac would be better
What is the purpose of expressing a pref, while scorning both actions?
Ahem
VOTE: catboi
that's not what I was doing, but looks like I struck a nerve

VOTE: tictac
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:38 am

Post by catboi »

In post 716, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 715, catboi wrote:Malcolm looks like he's genuinely solving
Not necessarily a town tell in multiball, but i am not caught up at all so I’m not really defending/going against Malcolm right now.
Yeah I know but I dont think the votes on him are particularly good either
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:40 am

but we made rhymes
Nashville Dreams
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:55 am

Post by Nashville Dreams »

In post 433, mastina wrote:
In post 431, NorwegianboyEE wrote:You’re right, it did kinda trigger me.
Dress it up all you want, it’s still literally what you did last game. -_-
I'M SORRY BUT WHEN I'M TOWN I CAN'T MAKE UP A READ AND BULLSHIT IT; IT'S THE READ I ACTUALLY HAVE AND IT IS AGAINST MY MAFIA PHILOSOPHY TO LIE ABOUT READS AS TOWN SO I CAN'T PRETEND IT'S A WEAKER TOWNREAD WHEN IT'S ACTUALLY JUST THAT STRONG INSTANTLY
Sigh.
This feels exactly like the Mastina from control.
In post 437, mastina wrote:
In post 386, Nashville Dreams wrote:VOTE: Flavor Leaf
MEWWOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
THE PARTY HAS ARRIVED.

Ain't got a care in the world, but got plenty of beer
Ain't got no money in my pocket, but I'm already here
And now the dudes are linin' up 'cause they hear we got swagger
But we kick 'em to the curb unless they look like Mick Jagger

also ouch my eyes mafiasilver
Oh hey looks like I don't need to justify townreading Titus since she shares the hydra with Mala and Mala here just hard-spewed the hydra as town. <3.
How?
In post 439, Enchant wrote:
VLA before 30 April

Health problems
I hope everything is okay.
In post 440, The Keeper wrote:Mastina has a Crown then... Looks a little cracked from here - and a little like the Dark Princes Crown...
Feels
In post 448, Tracer Bullet wrote:as much fun as it would be to match wits with another Mafia Beloved Princess - I doubt it exists because

1) it's multiball and the other scum team can shoot it

2) mastina is obvtown

3) its unlikely a scum princess just openly claims

4) mastina is obvtown
Please explain all of these, thanks.

I disagree with 2&4.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”